Fixed Assets, Depreciation and the GL help please

Hello, I=92m trying to teach myself the Fixed Asset module of GP.  I
understand how to setup FA, i.e. creating the account groups,
assigning the group to asset classes (to assign posting accounts),
putting all the assets into a class that need share the same
depreciation methods, creating books, adding assets to books and have
the book class match the asset class so the asset picks up the
depreciation details of the book class, etc.  After that I=92m kind of
lost. :)

So, at each month end I need run depreciation correct?  But running
depreciation does not integrate into the GL so I need to run the
Integrate to GL routine each month also?  Is this the correct way to
do this?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

JDM
0
JimmyDarkMoon

After running depreciation, you run the Fixed Assets GL Posting
routine that creates the Financial batch.  Then you post the Financial
batch.

Frank Hamelly
MCP-GP, MCT, MVP
East Coast Dynamics
www.eastcoast-dynamics.com

get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com

0
Frank
6/25/2010 7:19:49 PM
Thanks Frank!
0
JimmyDarkMoon

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Help needed with If & Today function
I have a row where I have dates of the month - C2:AG2. I want a formula, where if I enter a text in the corresponding row, and if the date is not todays date, it shud not allow me to enter text. Cl 1 Cl 2 Cl 3 Cl 4 Cl 14 Cl 15 Cl 16 Eg: Row A - 1 apr 2 apr 3 apr 4 apr ..... 14 apr 15 apr 16 apr Row B - P Now if I try to enter a value in row B, it shud not allow as the date is not today date. I shud be able to enter value only if the date corresponds to todays date...

Help with Rules: can't select Public Folders.
Does anyone know why it's sometimes possible, but not always, to use a rule to move or copy a message to a public folder? I don't seem to be able to select the public folder; I can select it, but it doesn't stick. The inconsistency is a bit weird. I can't even make a, 'from scratch' exact copy of a currently working rule that moves a message to a public folder. Weird! -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond do you have full permission on the folder? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for W...

Need help auto-updating chart data sources.
Am trying to automate a spreadsheet that has been copied and pasted by hand for way too long. Here's what I need to do. Spreadsheet DOR auto-updates spreadsheet AGING. Now I'm needing to have the corresponding charts in AGING update with the newly added data.. Let's say that column A contains dates that that are used to populate the Z axis on my chart.. The Z axis of my chart always displays 6 dates worth of data.. What I'd like to have happen is when AGING is opened and auto-updated, the corresponding charts also update. Dropping the 1st position Z axis label (date) and ...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Problem with LoadFromResource...please help
Dear All, I have a piece of code that loads an html page (using LoadFromResource) on to the dialog as a GUI. Every time after the user does something then a different html page will be loaded. After I ran my code for a few thousand transactions then I see a big increase in the memory size of my application. I used Rational Purify and it said that mshtml.dll is leaking memory. MLK: Memory leak of 10240 bytes from 5 blocks allocated in mshtml.dll Distribution of leaked blocks 10240 bytes from 5 blocks of 2048 bytes (first block: 0x09f493d8) Alloc...

Help with Formulas #2
I need help with creating a formula. I want to count the total number of individuals who meet a certain criteria in one column and a certain criteria in another column. For example: I want to find out the total number of people who live in Germany and went on a specific trip. For argument sake let's say column A is at lists only Y or N for yes and no, and column B is a list of Countries such as Germany, America, etc. I would like to figure out the total number of individuals who have a Y in column A and the word Germany in column B. This is what I have done so far and it works for co...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Need Help with a Sum of a Product of a Currency and Product
Does anyone have a way to simplify this formula and make it so it automatically includes newly added rows or cells? =SUM((SUM($K$9:L9)*$H$9),(SUM($K$11:L11)*$H$11),(SUM($K$13:L13)*$H$13), (SUM($K$15:L15)*$H$15),(SUM($K$17:L17)*$H$17),(SUM($K$19:L19)*$H$19), (SUM($K$21:L21)*$H$21),(SUM($K$23:L23)*$H$23),(SUM($K$25:L25)*$H$25), (SUM($K$27:L27)*$H$27),(SUM($K$29:L29)*$H$29),(SUM($K$31:L31)*$H$31), (SUM($K$33:L33)*$H$33),(SUM($K$35:L35)*$H$35),(SUM($K$37:L37)*$H$37), (SUM($K$39:L39)*$H$39),(SUM($K$41:L41)*$H$41),(SUM($K$43:L43)*$H$43), (SUM($K$45:L45)*$H$45),(SUM($K$47:L47)*$H$47),(SUM($K$49:L49)...

list control design help
Hello again, hopefully you guys can me in the planning stage for this next project I am working on. Essentially I want to create a multi-column list control (I.e. - report mode) but it has to allow two things which a normal list control doesn't seem to allow. First I want to be able to sort the columns individually (I.e. not just the main column). Now I fixed this problem by looking at a code example off of code project so that isn't a problem anymore (1 down). The next problem I have is I want to be able to search each column (for example when you press the "b" key...

Help with a simple spreadsheet
I want to make a spreadsheet that will be a calendar that will keep track of days on call. I have 3 partners (doctors) and we have an "assignment" every day. Assignments are A (call) B (second worker) C (clinic) and off. To be fair on the schedule, I need to keep a running tally of each assignment so no one does too many weekends, etc. I started a calendar by making 7 columns (days) by 4 cells (assignments).I need help with the following: 1. How do I do a formula to, say, total the number of "MW" in A slots on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (columns 6, 7, and 1)? ...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Looking for Macros Help
Anybody know anyone in the Phoenix, Arizona area that can do some Macro work for me? I've reached my level of incompetence and need some pai help. Thank you in advance, Dan Willis EP -- dwilli ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dwillis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2881 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48502 Hi Dan, See: http://www.rentacoder.com/RentACoder/default.asp --- Regards, Norman "dwillis" <dwillis.1yif7a_1132010400.8106@excelforum-nos...

HELP: error handling in VBA
Hi All, Why do we use "On error resume next" shouldnt we be resolving those errors. For eg: if we are sending important email notifications through excel VBA which affect management decisions, shouldnt we be avoiding to user "On error resume next"? IF for some reason there is an error and an email is not sent it might affect a lot of things. My concern is: how do we handle error is this situations? is there a better way to handle errors, rather than using "On error resume next" statement? Thanks in advance. Hi Use "on error resume nex...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Multi Lookup Please Look
well i need help reli it for college and very important what i need to do is select a type from the invoice n then from the list i want it to lookup all the item with that type many thanx martin_cross 4544 4545 +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: 4.JPG | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4545 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- Martin_Cross ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Martin_Cross&...

Help!! Need Recovery!
So I went to open my excell file as usual and suddenly I have 10 or so instances openned. As I was closing them I saved one that turned out to be an old version, REAL OLD, like 2 weeks or so. No I desparataly need to get back to where I was. I tried to use the recovery utility under Microsoft Tools, but there are no available dates to revert to. I have no other way of reverting the document. Anyone know what to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.- Kjellster :D ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and ...

"save as" Tip
Hallo, I need to save a workbook that contain multiple sheets (variabl number), in one o more .csv file (the name can be the sheet-name...) through only one operation (I've +250 sheet!). It is possibile to do? Thank for the help. Rob -- sgrufolo9 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sgrufolo99's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2618 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39494 ...

Help #3
Is there a icon called Format Painter? Could anyone tell me where is it under; e.g under file menu, cet etera? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Mine is on the Standard toolbar. It's directly to the right of the paste icon (looks like a clipboard). The format painter icon looks like a paintbrush. valerie wrote: > > Is there a icon called Format Painter? Could anyone tell me where is it > under; e.g under file menu, cet etera? > >...

Costs recorded in GL different than Inventory module
We're trying to compare transactions in the G/L to those in the Inventory module. To do so, I dumped the GL20000 table for a single Originating TRX Source and compared them against the same TRX Source records from the IV30300 table. For this particular source code, the amount posted in the G/L was different than what was in the EXTDCOST (Extended Cost) field of the associated IV30300 record. Further investigation found that it was related to a Purchasing Invoice that had a price variance. Here's what happened: 600 units of Item A were received @ $5.23 each; then, an invoice for ...

Help requested with a Vista problem
A friend has a problem with her computer. She is running a desktop badged as 'Acer' using Windows Vista Business. When she tries to log on to her account (set with administrator privilidges) she gets the following message 'group policy client service failed to logon Access denied' The system then loops back to the logon screen. I have already spent some time 'googling' this issue and have some possible solutions as it seems to be caused by a coruption in the user profile. My reason for posting here is to see if anyone else has experienced the sa...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

HELP!!! What is the shortcut key?
What is the keyboard shortcut to immediately move to the left most cell in a row. Cntrol + the left arrow keys seems to stop on particular data. I just wanted to hit a key and go to the very far left end of the row. Gracie, Doesn't Home do it? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "gracie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0aaf01c3d70a$e11dd7a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > What is the keyboard shortcut to immediately move to the > left most c...

.csv "" marks HELP!!!
Hey chaps. Have a .csv file that has been exported from Access with the standard delimted export spec. This file needs to be uploaded under a certain spec. Wherever there is a blank field, it has to read "" within .csv. Running a find and replace does this, yet when you look in wordpad at the file, it obviously comes through as """" due to the delimitation. How can I get the empty fields in the .csv file to read JUST "". These fields do not have to read "" within Excel, but obviously in the hard file, as when viewing with notepad. As e...