Fixed Asset transfer for a New Company

Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a
transfer to a new company?
0
User (141)

Can you give us a little more detail on what you are needing to accomplish?
If two companies are different legal entities there are all kinds of other
rules on 'transferring' assets.  Is this just a new database or are you doing
an intercompany transaction?  We can help, we just need a little more
explanation.

"FA user" wrote:

> Is selling the Fixed Asset to the new company the best option to make a
> transfer to a new company?
0
LeslieVail (702)

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

new email envelope icon
Is it possible to have the new messages envelope icon to only appear if I have new unread messages in my inbox? For example, I'm on a mailing list which I use rules to filter to a certain folder so I don't need to know I have new messages for that. Similarly, my ISP flags junk messages and I use another rule to delete them. What I'm trying to do is only be notified if unread messages appear in my inbox that have not already been filtered by any rules. jandaman <usenet@jandaman.com> wrote: > Is it possible to have the new messages envelope icon to only appear > ...

Outlook is very slow to open since new router installed
We are running Outlook 2000 with Exchange Server, since we had a Netgear Firewall & Surecom Ethernet installed Outlook is exceedingly slow to open. It can take as long as 4 - 5 minutes for some users to open their Outlook. Any clues? We have approx 13 PC's connnected to the server. I (personally) have noticed no difference but our other users have. tia Check your hardware configurations as if this was working before and the only change was hardware, 99.9% sure it is a hardware problem. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intac...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Thank you and Happy New Year
Hi, I would like to take a moment to thank each and everyone of the contributors on this (and other) newsgroups. Your generosity means quite a lot to many of us and the fact that you take as much time with someone like myself who never double-clicked an Excel icon until the age of 60 as you do with some of the seasoned folks is greatly appreciated. I realize the Help portion is here but an "easily" explained formula to one who has used Excel in the past is sometimes extremely confusing to others who are just starting out. Thats where you guys come in. Your explanations are usu...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Exchange: Addressbook synced, but can't access it in the "New E-Mail" window...
Hello there! I set up my Entourage to connect to our Exchange 2003 server and everything's working perfectly so far. When i click on ne E-Mail i can access all the addressbooks on my Mac and on the Exchange server. I made a screenshot, but made my address book anonymous. The name of the exchange account in my Entourage is "igepa-its" and Kontakte is german for Contacts ;-) http://i46.tinypic.com/ixee8p.png Now my boss got a Mac too and i set it up with connection to our Exchange too and so on. If i click on the "Address Book" button in the main window, i c...

NEW BUG in Outlook 2007!!!
Hi. Few days ago Windows 7 installed some updates and Outlook 2007 started to report stupid errors on attempt to look into a mail folder. In particular - instead of folder content it displays a message: "Cannot display the folder. There is not enough free memory to run this program. Quit one or more programs, and then try again." I have tried to close programs one by one and every time checked if it able to display folder - did not help. I have tried to stop all non-critical system services (like IIS, Ftp, SQL) - did not help. Only after I have closed Outlook an...

Opening Excel-file in new window
I would like to be able to open an Excel-file in a new window through shortcut. I know I can do this by putting the path to excel before th path to the file in the target for the shortcut. ex) "C:\Program\Microsoft Office 2000\Office\EXCEL.EXE" C:\MyFile.xls This way I need to know the path to Excel all the time and also kno which version is installed. As long as I have the file on my computer know all these things but since I'm creating this shortcut via a installationprogram I don't know what's installed on the client computer... Have any suggestions -- Message po...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Add new fields to a form
Access Newbie here. I created a simple little Contacts database and emailed it to my data entry person who is in another city. She has already entered quite a few records. Now I would like to add a couple of new fields to the form. Whats the best way to do that? Is it possible for me to email her the new form and she can import it into her database? James The database should be split into a front-end (containing the queries, forms, reports, macros and modules), linked to a back-end (containing the tables and relationships). In that way, anytime you need to make an application ch...

New Maglite brand 3 Watt Luxeon LED Flashlight 2 D Cell Gray Housing
Price:$26.98 Image: http:///image.php?id=B0012O79KW Best deal: http:///index.php?id=B0012O79KW New Maglite brand 3 Watt LED Flashlight, 2 D Cell, Gray Housing Maglite LED Upgrade module and 2 D cell Maglite flashlight Model No. ST2D096 These 2, 3, and 4 D Cell Maglite flashlights feature the newest MAG LED Upgrade Technology using 3 Watt Luxeon LEDs. The benefits include Intelligent Energy Source Management (patent pending) Extends battery life. Balanced Optics provide a focusing, 3 watt LED, optimized to produce a powerful projecting beam. The Maglite LED Upgrade Modules are also avail...

"new" security threat is "old hat" for M$
The following vulnerability has been the way M$ operating systems have operated since the beginning ... nothing new at all. Hackers, spyware and viruses have used this "backdoor" to gain access to everybody's computer, and M$ has done absolutely *nothing* about it until their hand has been finally forced by the publicity: -------------------------------------------------------------- National Cyber Alert System Technical Cyber Security Alert TA10-238A Microsoft Windows Insecurely Loads Dynamic Libraries Original release date: Au...

New account
I lent some money to someone. Seems to me that this should be put in as a Loan account - except there will be no regular payments or interest charged - for the time being at least. I would like to consider the loan balance as an asset, and all repayments to me being treated as transfers from this account to another, rather than income. How would I go about setting up an account such as this? Marcus I would set it up as an asset account. When you receive a payment on the loan, you would tranfer the amount out and in to your savings/checking account in that amount. If there is interest rec...

New Crystal Reports
Hi all, I am fairly new to CRM and have a few of questions: 1. Are the existing reports a part of the CRM install? 2. Can new Crytal Reports be developed, and if so 3. How does one add a newly designed Crystal Report to the report view to make it available to all users? 4. Am I correct ot assume that CRM already comes with a Crystal runtime engine and users do not need to have their own copy of Cryatal installed, if so 5. We don't need Crystal licences for runtime engines correct? Many thanks in advance, Miriam Read the anwser.... "Miriam C." <MiriamC@discussions.mi...

How to a new usb device drive letter as soon as it is inserted?
When a new usb device insert into machine ,how to get it drive letter? tanyuheng wrote: > When a new usb device insert into machine ,how to get it drive letter? USB devices don't generally result in a drive letter. I guess you mean devices such as USB pen drives? Take a look at WM_DEVICE_CHANGE and GetLogicalDriveStrings. One solution would be to enumerate the existing drives on startup, handle WM_DEVICE_CHANGE notifications, checking the DEV_BROADCAST_HDR structure for dbch_deviceType == DBT_DEVTYP_VOLUME. Then re-enumerate the drives and the new one should be your new device. I...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Transfering Microsoft Publisher from one computer to another
Does anyone know how to transfer Publisher from one computer to another legally? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Jamie Norton <jamienorton@charter.net>... > Does anyone know how to transfer Publisher from one computer to > another legally? Uninstall from PC 1 Install on PC 2 Reactivate if necessary (you may have to use phone activation) -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

Transfer out of budget
In Money 2003, I have an item showing actual $0, budgeted $67.00 in a category "transfers out of budget accounts". This category only shows when I look at reports - when I go to categories to try and delete it, it doesn't show up. This is only budgeted in one month (Jan). I know what category this needs to be in, but I have looked everywhere and cannot backtrack and find this entry so I can change it. Any ideas on how to fix it, and how in the heck did it get there in the first place? Thanks ...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

New user
I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even sure where to look for it...Help appreciated DJE <DJE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to backup my data and need to select the path...I am not even > sure where to look for it...Help appreciated http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...