Fixed Asset Special 50% Depreciation 2008

Can anyone tell me why the 50% Special depreciation for 2008 is not
calculating?
0
NatashaS (33)

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Is it SQL 2008 or VB 2008 problem? I don't know
Hello, I have created an application with Visual Basic2005 Standard Edition 2 years ago. The application imports CSV files in the database. The application is connecting to the database that I made it with SQL Server 2005. This is the connection string: Data Source=XXX; Initial Catalog=YYY; Integrated Security=SSPI; Pooling=true; The application uses the TransactionScope class this way with no problem: Using Scope As New Transactions.TransactionScope(Transactions.TransactionScopeOption.RequiresNew) ... Scope.Complete() End Using In the transaction, the applicat...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...

Duration fixed and Work fixed
Hello, I need to do one taks with "duration fixed AND Work Fied" is this possible ? I need that dont move duration and work but units be variable.. I cant. Sorry my english and thanks in advance, Christian W Christian W -- No, you CANNOT fix both Duration and Work. Sorry. -- Dale A. Howard [MVP] VP of Educational Services msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com http://www.projectserverexperts.com "We write the books on Project Server" "Christian W" <ChristianW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C03...

Fixed Asset addition cost in Financial
Hi, I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after this i run gl posting to refelect the cost in gl. but its in not doing. Regards asad Asad, Drill down on the asset cost amount in the book window. Check the period for which the cost was added. Make sure you specify that period when you run the interface to the gl. "Asad" <Asad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5036E88C-012D-4BD6-9301-67F8A7B7FCFE@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I create new asset from Cards general and attach the book & Accounts. after > th...

Field Services Hot Fixes
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a place within GP 7.5 which lists the last Field Service hot fix installed? -- Thank you, Jessie I have passed your question on to two of our members who are the most knowledgable about hot fixes. I have asked that either they repsond to you directly or get back to me if they have an answer. Meanwhile, as a fellow user of Great Plains and the Field Service modules, we are putting together a list of other users who might be willing to share their expertise, experiences, ideas, problems, etc. with other Field Service users. For those of you who m...

Fixed width
When using Text-To-Columns, Excel "recognizes" that the data fits the Fixed Width criteria and PRE-assigns the width. In most of the cases I work with Excel is wrong 99% of the time. Is there a way to force Excel to NOT pre-assign the width (leave everything blank)? The data I would like to parse is in the following format: INTEGER HEXADECIMAL_NUMBER DATE TIME TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT, TEXT The first 4 fields are fixed width and the subsequent fields are different length but comma delimited (with space after the coma). I n...

copy a fixed asset
We would like to copy a fixed asset, with all of its history, from one company in GP to another. Is there a utility I could use to do this? I don't think there is a utility to do it. You could copy the data using SQL, but it is risky. There are a lot of fields that will not contain the same linked data. There are only a couple tables that contain the asset and the transactions. You would likely be better off entering the new asset and then running depreciation on it to a current status. Make sure that all records are interfaced to the GL before you run the depreciation. Then...

can not connect to new sql 2008 server?
Hi, Just installed a new SQL2008 machine.. Trying to connect to it from a Windows 7 PC (both machines are x64) I can ping the sql machine from the win7 machine, but when I put in the server name into the sql management studio (on the win7 machine) it won't connect for some reason(using either named pipes or tcp). Most of the message are to do with the server not responding etc... I have checked the config on the server, to allow both of these protocols connection. What else is there ??????? is it a named instance? If so, is the SQL Browser service running? ...

Woried about this fix
Could a hacker simulate what MS has done with this fix to purposely lock users out of their money data? It was an inside job. Can a hacker get inside. Of course, but why worry about it. Let microsoft worry about it. They have the burden of security. It could just as easily be a disgruntled employee as a hacker, but again, you can only worry about that over which you have some control. Make your backups, take your chances. -- William L. Oppenheim, M.D. woppenhe@ucla.edu "shawn" <shawn at att dot com> wrote in message news:u1NTwkldEHA.2408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Co...

Using mousewheel to scroll through non-fixed part of sheet
Hi all, I have fixed the first 30 rows of my sheet and would like to use m mousewheel to scroll through the non-fixed part of my sheet but Exce won't let me. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance -- Pantryma ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pantryman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1523 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=32012 How did you "fix" the first 30 rows? Selected A31 and Window>Freeze Panes? The general Freeze Panes rule is..........

Fixed Asset Class Report
Does anyone know how to run a report that will show all of my fixed assets classes and associated lifes, etc? I appreciate the help. Go to the Book Class Setup screen and click on the printer icon. "Todd" wrote: > Does anyone know how to run a report that will show all of my fixed assets > classes and associated lifes, etc? > > I appreciate the help. > > Thank you. I was actually looking for one report that would have everything on it. If anyone know, please let me know. Thanks "Steve Chapman" wrote: > Go to the Book Class Setup screen ...

Using the beta version of office 2008
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel I downloaded, & have been using office 2008 for a few months now. I migrated to from entourage 2004 to the beta 2008. Yesterday 2008 refused to let me open any of the office applications with a message that I needed to re-enter my key. I'm not sure that the beta office ever gave me a key! Now I am totally messed up on the entourage front (& of course excel etc), because 2004 refuses to show me anything I've worked on with 2008. What can I do? When I downloaded the beta version, I had no clue that it could s...

Lock down TS 2008 in sbs 2003 environment
All, (Sorry for the cross post. I think I initially posted this in the wrong forum) Yesterday I added a new Windows 2008 R2 Terminal Server to our existing SBS 2003 R2 environment. My question is this: I want to "lock down" this new server, so do I create a Group Policy on the SBS box or on the new 2008 TS box? Thank you, Thomas What do you mean by "lock down"? That's the sort of requirement that can have many, many meanings. Give us more details on what you're trying to accomplish and we'll likely be able to help. -- Charlie. http...

Easy fix for KB863109 / TechKnowledge Doc 36846
The problem occurs when a user accidentally enters a payables invoice date that is way into the future or past (such as 1/1/1805). When you attempt to post the check batch the difference between the document date and system date exceeds the integer datatype and you get an error. The document date field does give a wayning that a date is not in an open year, but it allows you to continue. The system should further check if a date would result in > 32767 (integer max?), and not allow such dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

Help!! Entourage 2008 Application crashed
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I recently experienced an application crash and lost all my mail, contacts, calendar, etc. is there a way to recover my information?. Any idea as to why this happened or how this can be prevented in the future? <br><br>I was told that it could have been caused by a virus, is this possible in Mac environment? > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3342963070_832816 Content-ty...

Are fixed units really fixed?
Hi all, Our shop uses MSPS which is integrated with MOSS. If I set a task to Fixed Units (a % of total resource utilization across all PM's), then the resource updates their time in MOSS and then I accept the time against the schedule, the resources utilization on the task moves from the original % designation. Shouldn't the other variables change and leave the Units fixed, as designated? Also, using server is there a way to set the resource allocation at the project level instead of the task level? When I go to enter at the project level I get a message saying someth...