Fixed Asset Retirement date error

Hi all,

I get this message when I try to retire one asset:

"Retirement Date must be in or before the current fiscal year for any book."

The Corporate book is current year, but the tax books (Federal, AMT, ACRS)
are still on previous year as our tax accountants are not done with the tax
returns yet.  Do I have to wait to retire until ALL my books have the Year
End Process routine completed for all books?

Thanks,

0
cal (61)

How do you insert a date time stamp into a CString?
Hi, I need to know, how would you properly insert the current date time as ( mmddyyyy_hhmm ) into a CString? Thanks in advance! Jaime Use CTime::Format ("%m%d%Y_%H%M"), it returns the formatted date/time as a CString object. e.g., CTime oTime (2003, 7, 11, 15, 38, 0); CString strDateTime = oTime.Format ("%m%d%Y_%H%M"); "Jaime Rios" <jaimer@nvision-tech.com> wrote in message news:<058901c347bb$a6cf0f30$a001280a@phx.gbl>... > Hi, > I need to know, how would you properly insert the current > date time as ( mmddyyyy_hhmm ) into a CStr...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

Sumproduct with multiple date criteria
Having a tough time with this one. Sheet 1 Column A = Start Date, Column B = End Date, Column C = Quantity. Sheet 2 Row A = Start Date, Row B = End Date. I would like Row C to sum quantity from sheet 1 where ever the two date ranges intersect. The date ranges on sheet 2 represent the beginning and ending of a week (Mon-Sun). Sheet 1 Column A Column B Column C 01JAN2010 24JAN2010 1,000 Sheet 2 Row A 04JAN2010 11JAN2010 18JAN2010 25JAN2010 Row B 10JAN2010 17JAN2010 24JAN2010 31JAN2010 Row c 1,000 1,000 1,000 0 Do the Sheet 2 Star...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Moving messages among folders- sometimes date changes
I am trying to move items from a PST inbox from an older POP email account to a newer IMAP account inbox in Outlook 2007. Sometimes when I move messages (by selecting 1 or more messages and dragging), they move just fine keeping the original date. Sometimes, they have the current date (date I moved them) as the received date. Obviously, when the date changes it screws everything up. I cannot figure out why it does it one way sometimes and another way other times. Any ideas? On Feb 16, 7:37=A0pm, Mike C <michaelj...@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to move items from a PS...

Error 91 with IE object in Excel
I'm getting Error 91 inconsistently when I run my macro. Macro stops when it reaches the "USERNAME" line. I've tried setting the object to nothing at the end and also using a fully qualified name. None works. Anybody have any ideas? Does this have something to do with the browser object? (I'm using Excel 2000) Here's my code: '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''...

Enrol Date counts
I have a student database with an Enrolled date. I would like to create a form where it displays how many students enrolled each week. I would like to have text boxes that display the student count for each program in this manner: Music Dance Art Drama Jan 1, 2007 - Jan 7, 2007 7 5 1 0 Jan 8, 2007 - Jan 15, 2007 1 2 2 1 Jan 16, 2007 - Jan 23, 2007 2 0 1 2 ect. is this or some thing similar possible best regards For ...

send report using Lotus Notes
I use the following code in my DBs to send a report via Lotus Notes. It was working in all my DBs, but in one particular DB, it is now throwing me out of Access and giving the following message: The command line you used to start Microsoft Access contains an option that Microsoft Access doesn't recognize. Exit and restart Microsoft Access using valid command-line options. The really wierd thing is that the next time I use the DB it might work. Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated. Linda ...

OUTLOOK.EXE error when closing outlook
I have Outlook 2000 sr1 with the attachment security patch applied. Whenever I close down outlook I receive an error message - "outlook.exe has generated errors error log is being created" Here is the error log: Application exception occurred: App: (pid=396) When: 1/15/2004 @ 12:03:16.715 Exception number: c0000005 (access violation) *----> System Information <----* Computer Name: xxxx User Name: xxxxx Number of Processors: 1 Processor Type: x86 Family 15 Model 1 Stepping 2 Windows 2000 Version: 5.0 Cu...

Picklist Required Date
We've just finished migrating to GP9 from GP7.5, and we've found an issue that we can't seem to fix. In 7.5, when working with an MO, we would create a picklist for the MO, and the required date for each item in the picklist was set to the MO start date minus ten days. In GP9, we aren't able to get this behaviour. The picklist required date is set to the start date for the MO. Does anyone have any insight? We currently have several of our users looking through their notes from two years ago looking for an answer, but so far nothing has been found. I'm pretty ...

How do I stop today() from updating date on saved spreadsheets?
I have a template that automatically populates the date field with the current date when opened, using today(). Users then Save As to have an archive copy of their spreadsheet. However, when they go back to access their saved sheet, the date changes from the created date to the current date. How do I stop this in Excel? I know that Word lets you do this by changing the code from {DATE} to {CREATEDATE}, but I can't find a similar setting in Excel. Please help and thank you! have it do range("a1")=date -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "lionmark&...

Entourage Reminders showing dates for next month overdue
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events as overdue, but upon looking closer find the date showing as next months events. Why are late December dates showing as overdue in November. The are events that occur monthly and are set up to remind 2 to 3 days in advance. On Nov 26, 5:24=A0pm, tankmas...@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power = PC Email Client: pop Recently my reminder window has been showing me events= a...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

Outlook 2007 send error or failure, message remains in Outbox
I cannot get Outlook to send an email. Receive works fine. Outlook 2003 worked fine, other than the occasional email that got stuck in the Outbox, when I revised it before it was sent. I deleted all the emails in the Outbox of Outllok 2007 and tried a simple test message. It would not send. Any suggestions as to why send continues to fail, would be very welcome. On Wed, 10 Jan 2007 15:08:51 -0500, fisherman <fisherman@deepwater.com> wrote: >I cannot get Outlook to send an email. Receive works fine. > >Outlook 2003 worked fine, other than the occasional email that got &...

Deleting row produces #REF error
I have a column with percentages. The top number is based on the SUM of the lower column cells. I have, =SUM(1-F5-F6-F7) 10.00% 9.75% 0.50% For example, I want to delete the row containing 10.00% and have the calculation still be correct, but I get a #REF error. Is there some way to do this without getting the error. hello, Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) Charabeuh wrote: > hello, > > Try this: =1-SUM(F5:F7) > Yes, Very nice. Thank you ...

Chart to monitor Blood Pressure readings and date
Does any one have any ideas on how to set up a chart to show daily readings of Blood Pressure? I want to chart readings over one month intervals. Need to figure out how to insert variables (123/82) and date of reading and get a meaningful representation. Do you intend to capture BP once a day or more often? If, for example, you want to take a reading every morning and one every night then you would set up your spreadsheet with 5 cloumns (date, am diastolic, am systolic, pm diastolic and pm systolic (can't remember which of the two is the higher, but you get the drift). Then, a...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

Business Portal Report Scheduler Publishing Error
I am unable to publish reports to the Business Portal report catalog. I changed the location of the shared folder a while back, and the new location worked fine for a short period of time. In the course of troubleshooting, I have recreated the share a few times to be sure the permissions are correct. Now however, I anytime I publish a report using any settings, the opertion results in two failures. The first is always the Historical Aged Trial Balance (no matter what report I actually selected) and the second is my report. Both say report destination location invalid, but the first...

Calculate time in hours between two dates
I have see a lot of wonderful information on how to get work hours between two dates. Everything from UDF to formulas that are as long as my arm. What I need is a little confusing, at least to me. I need to know the difference in hours between two dates, excluding weekends and having Fridays be a shorter shift. Monday 4:30-24:00 Tuesday 4:30-24:00 Wednesday 4:30-24:00 Thursday 4:30-24:00 Friday 6:30-12:30 I am hoping that someone has an idea, Thank you in advance, Jay Mr. Jay, check this formula and adapt it to your working schedule: =IF((NOW()-(9/24)-A351)<=0,0,IF((NOW()-A351>1...

Meta Data Cache Error
Hello Everyone, I am having a mixed experience with MS CRM. Some features I really like, others not so much. I expect MS will add many improvements next go around. In case your listening MS I would like to Beta test the next release. Here is my problem today. I removed the SFO offline feature per the Performnance Tuning CRM 1.2 document. Changed my mind and decided it would be best for our sales people. Went through the steps to re-implement this feature and now when I try and take SFO off line and view the data I get "Meta Data Cache Error" Please help. Anyone? Any...

ERROR on opening excel
I get an error message that says "cannot use object linking and embedding" every time I start up the program. I get it when I start a new file and when I open saved files. After I click "OK" on the error, the program shuts it self down. I've looked for this error on the knowledge base but came up empty handed. Any Idea's? -- Thanks, Travis Sapara VM-Systems Service Manager travis@vm-systems.com (780)632-2859 Coincidentally, there's a followup to where I stole my message: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com The author, Lut...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Exchange System Manager Error!
I recently installed a new NIC in my DC which runs DNS, WINS, DHCP, GC etc. Now when I log into my Exchange 2003 server and open System manager and go to servers folder and click my exchange server I get the following error. "There is no such object on the server. Facility:Win32. ID no: c0072030" Can someone tell me how to correct this? Thanks, Hi Did you changed the IP address of the DNS server If you did, change the preferred DNS server IP address in the exchange server.. Regards, Shai Netanel "Bruce" wrote: > I recently installed a new NIC in my DC which runs...

Creating relative date restrictions
I'm trying to create a relative time constraint in project, but I can't seem to find any option other than entering a fixed date. Example below. I want task 2 to start no earlier than two weeks after task 1 completes, and I want task 2 to complete no earlier than four weeks after task 1 completes. I don't want to enter the actual value of ([task 1 complete date]+[2 weeks]) for my start date, because task 1 will have an end date that is variable. Can anyone tell me how I could get Project (2007) to accept a formula for the date restrictions? Thanks in advance! -...

link errors-Phantom ones
I inherited a work book shows a Link of another worksheet in the EDIT LINK, but I can not find any reference to a formula in any of the sheets or "Names". I try to delete it, it comes back as still a valid LINK. Where it could be hidden/stored that I am not able to find it? How can I chase it down? Try this free ad-in courtesy of Bill Manville MVP, it's really excellent, I'm sure it will help, don't forget to thank him if it does the trick for you! http://www.bmsltd.ie/MVP/Default.htm Regards, Alan. "JayRama" <JayRama@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...