Fixed Asset problems, please help

On a depreciation report, there are some funny things showing up on
the report.  Several items had the wrong account set for it, and
before depreciation was run, the account was changed to the right
account.  However, when the post to GL is run for the periods, the
postings are wrong.  There is a FADEP source transaction to the wrong
account, plus there are also two postings to the correct a count, they
are FADEP-R sources to the correct account, one positive and one
negative that offset each other.  In addition to this, the
depreciation has started to be split up during the month, For example,
in June, there is a depreciation from June 1 to June 13th, and then
another transaction from June 14th to June 30th.  In July, July 1 -
July 16th is posted to wrong account, but July 17th - July 31st is
posted to the correct account, this transaction is a FADEP-O source
transaction.  If that wasn't enough, some of the Assets have "Account
not found" rather than the account, but when I look at the Account
Card for the Fixed Asset, the accout is there.

Does anyone know what the FADEP-R and FADEP-O sources represent?  Any
other thoughts on how to correct the other problems?

Any help on any of this would be very helpful.

Thanks,
KJ

0
kjjson (71)

KJ,

Go to Inquiry->Fixed Assets->Financial Detail. This holds the
specifics of what's happened with each asset and you can drill back on
each transaction. Pick the asset with the most problems first and you
may find common issues with other assets.

Take a look at the Fixed Asset calendar in Tools-Setup-Fixed Assets
Quarter and Tools-Utilities-Fixed Assets-Build Calendar. If your FA
calendar is different from your Fiscal calendar you can get split
payments. Also, conceivably, if someone ran the deprec. 2 times (once
through the 13th and once through the 30th) this could happen but  a
calendar problem is more likely. I always set my posting period from
the beginning of the year though month end so that even if I have a
calendar problem, the posting happens in the next month. Posting depr
in the wrong month is bad but forgivable, not posting it at all is
hideous.

Tools-Setup-Posting-Source Document tells me that FADEP-R is a
depreciation result from a reset and FADEP-O is an asset depreciation,
one only. It looks like this asset may have been changed and
depreciated by itself. You can lookup any other document sources there
as well.

I don't have a great answer for the account problem. I'm not aware of
any known issues. Every time I have a problem with FA accounts its
user error and often I'm the user!

I find when troubleshooting FA, it helps to do things in little
batches to isolate issues. Post depreciation by class for a month or
two and you'll be able to isolate issues without having to search
through monster postings. Separate the GL interface process so that
new assets, retirements and depreciation each get a transaction in the
GL. That kind of thing.

Here are few more resources that may help.

http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/02/weekly-dynamic-matching-fixed-asset.html
http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2007/02/weekly-dynamicchange-fixed-asset.html
http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2006/05/weekly-dynamicfixed-assetgl-best.html
http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2006/04/weekly-dynamic-putting-fix-in-fixed.html
http://msdynamicsgp.blogspot.com/2005/09/weekly-feature-account-rollup.html

Mark (DynamicAccounting.net)

On Aug 10, 1:15 am, KJ <kjj...@msn.com> wrote:
> On a depreciation report, there are some funny things showing up on
> the report.  Several items had the wrong account set for it, and
> before depreciation was run, the account was changed to the right
> account.  However, when the post to GL is run for the periods, the
> postings are wrong.  There is a FADEP source transaction to the wrong
> account, plus there are also two postings to the correct a count, they
> are FADEP-R sources to the correct account, one positive and one
> negative that offset each other.  In addition to this, the
> depreciation has started to be split up during the month, For example,
> in June, there is a depreciation from June 1 to June 13th, and then
> another transaction from June 14th to June 30th.  In July, July 1 -
> July 16th is posted to wrong account, but July 17th - July 31st is
> posted to the correct account, this transaction is a FADEP-O source
> transaction.  If that wasn't enough, some of the Assets have "Account
> not found" rather than the account, but when I look at the Account
> Card for the Fixed Asset, the accout is there.
>
> Does anyone know what the FADEP-R and FADEP-O sources represent?  Any
> other thoughts on how to correct the other problems?
>
> Any help on any of this would be very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> KJ

0
mpolino (496)

2 problems with Office XP Outlook
Hi >Hope someone can help with 2 problems, both related to >Outlook 2002. Firstly, there are two users on our >computer and we've found that when one has logged off, >the other user has to restart to be able to connect to >their e-mail server (pop3 and smtp). Trying to download e- >mail without restarting causes an error stating that >the "e-mail server could not be found" or "could not >connect to e-mail server". After restarting, e-mail can >be downloaded without problems. >Second....starting Outlook for the first time after &g...

Error: Please tell Microsoft about this problem.
On some computers, when a program crashes, an error window opens that says "Please tell Microsoft about this problem.". How can I stop this window from appearing? I want the program to just finish crashing and terminate. Thanks TonyG wrote: > On some computers, when a program crashes, an error window opens that says > "Please tell Microsoft about this problem.". > > How can I stop this window from appearing? I want the program to just finish > crashing and terminate. > > > > Thanks You can disable this window by going into Control Pan...

Excel function help facilities
When using an Excel function, the Fx button in the formula bar will produce a window which reveals the parameters and values of the function. At the bottom of this there are provisions for help on the function. What can I specify when writting a function which will pass help info through this facility? Hi RPS, This is not natively supported in Excel but see Laurent Longre's FunCustomize Addin at: http://longre.free.fr/english/ --- Regards, Norman "RPS" <RPS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EBA6AB9-EC1F-4067-AD14-9D9A6A2F56DC@microsoft....

Need Urgent help with Exchange Training
Hi, I've been tasked to learn to deploy Exchange in a single/multi-site environ with single and clustered servers within 2 weeks. I know it is a very short time for an extensive product but I am not looking for certification material but real life stuff. I am looking for white papers, How-Tos, best practices etc etc that I can perform in real life as well as in the lab within next two weeks. I have access to a pair of servers (2003) in a clustered environment as well as access to a beefy machine that I can run VMware on. What is the best way to practice multi-site AD/Exchange depl...

Formula/calculation help for medical charting
Hi, I am trying to develop an anesthesia record chart for the vet clinic I work at. I have A8 through A15 labeled for time, temperature, heart rate, etc. The other columns (B8-B15, C8-C15, etc) I have set aside for later entries in the above categories as we take values every 5 min. or so. What I would like to do is have a formula that would show numerical values in red if they are above or below the normal value range (in black). For instance, a dog's normal temperature can range from 99.5 degrees F to 102.5 degrees F. If it is 98 degrees or 103 degrees I want these values to s...

Investment, MoneyCentral Problems
Microsoft Money 2005 Standard - Current Version Problem 1) I have a Stock that I have owned since 1976 that I won in a contest. I have taken the time to enter the 29 years of dividend history. For 2004 I have entered the Dividends as a transfer into my Checking Account to match with the Direct Deposit. When the transaction is recorded everything shows up okay - Dividend in Investment and Category and Deposit in Checking. Something is triggering money to take this dividend and change to as a payment in my checking and changing dividend transaction from a positive amount to a negative account....

Online account setup problem
Whenever I try to set up online access to my Bank of America or E*Trade Bank accounts in Money '05, I get an error message that reads "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This occurs after the software appears to try to download information and set up the account. Money then adds an account to My Accounts and wants me to provide sign-in information, which sends me back into the the process described above. Any ideas on how to fix this? This is an issue they are presently addressing with BOA. Should be worked out shortly -- Rick Mac 698064 &q...

Another stupid MSVC6 linking problem
First of all, i'm using the standard Release and Debug configurations. I don't know enough to meddle with those. I compile and link in Release mode, and we are all good. I compile and link in Debug mode, and a get: TestClass.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _CSloadData plus a few other similar errors from the same library. Now first of all I thought i must have been missing a *.lib in the Object / Library modules in the Project -> Settings -> Link tab, but alas. What could cause this type of difference between Release and Debug? hamishd wrote: > First of a...

Insert ZIP attachment problem
Hi, When I insert file in new email, but I can't list ZIP this type extension in insert file windows. How can I fix it? Thanks, Tiger Hi, Can you be specific about your version of Outlook (click Help then scroll to About) please? -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Tiger" wrote: > Hi, > > When I insert file in new email, but I can't list ZIP this type extension in > insert file windows. How can I fix it? > > Thanks, > Tiger ...

Document merging & portrait/landscape problem
Hi all, I need to merge a document into another, preserving portrait/landscape page layout of the source doc. I've noticed that a simple copy&paste from a word window to the other does exactly what I need, but the same thing done via vbscript doesn't work: the content of the original document is pasted into the output doc, the section break is present but the page formatting is lost. I've tried also a direct inserting of the file with Selection.InsertFile method, but the result is the same (document inserted, section break inserted, page orientation lost). I'm...

Help #29
Here is my issue, I am going to try and explain this clear as possible, so please bare with me. How do I do a sumproduct for this?? This is all set up by team on the sheet I am working off of. Here is the example by column team name:employee name:total number of forms;average score I have a cover sheet that has each team listed and I need to have an overall average score for that team. The average needs to be weighted against the total number of forms. How can I return the overall avg score for that team on my cover sheet?? I hope this make sense?? Thanks ...

[Help] XPath Navigator And Select Method
Hi, if my XML document has a root node <envelope> when i rune the following code i always get Found XPathNodeIterator it = nav.Select("envelope"); if(it.MoveNext()){ Console.WriteLine "Found"; } else { Console.WriteLine "Not Found"; } If, however the root node is <envelope xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://techweb/schemas/Summit"> then when i run the code the result is always Not Found Can anyone tell me how to navigate to the envelope in the 2nd example thnx Zip wrote: > XPathN...

Fixed it!
Thanks. Hi Susan, You have replied to a different thread and changed subject, so can't even tell if you are trying to thank someone, or have discovered your own solution. Please stick to the same thread so others can tell if there are possible solutions, and if thanking someone so they know who is being thanked. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm "Susan" <JSubadhra@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1130785331.062660.161580@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Thanks. > ...

ScrollBar problem #2
I am using an objective grid in a tab control. When the dialog comes up after populating data in the grid, there is an annoying horizontal scroll bar visible even though everything fits in properly. The scrollbar disappears after clicking inside the tab anywhere. I am unable to get rid of it during the initial load of the dialog. Can anyone please help ? Thanks, Puneet You might consider talking to the vendor. This is a software issue with the grid control. joe On 14 Jun 2006 17:37:44 -0700, puneetmurgai@gmail.com wrote: >I am using an objective grid in a tab control. When the dia...

Modeless Dialog from dialog based application--PLZ HELP
Hi, I am a new VC++ MFC programmer. I am having a little difficulty with modeless dialogs. I created a simple dialog based application. On the main dialog I have one button. When I click the button I would like to pop up a modeless dialog box and be able to get to the main dialog still. I have found several example on modeless dialog but they come from a SDI or MDI application and those do not work in my program. void CMainDialog::OnButton() { CModalDialog aModalDlg; int aRetVal = aModalDlg.DoModal(); if(aRetVal == IDSHOWMODELESS) { CModelessDlg aModelessDialog; aModel...

Please verify that you have enough Crystal Licenses (CRM 1.2) mess
Crystal Report Logon Error. Please verify that you have enough Crystal Licenses. This message appears when the crystal report (any) is run from with CRM 1.2. The crystal services are running. The CRM1.2 is installed on a Windows 2003 Server (along with the SQL Server 2000 sp3). I've logged this issue before (and besides a comment about ensuring that crystal services are running), no other known causes have been posted! Nigel, Search this group via Google. This is a common problem, but it can be caused by a number of issues. If the information you find there doesn't help, then ...

problem sharing documents
My church has a small office, where they have 3 computers networked together. All the computers are running Windows XP and all have Office 2000 installed. They produce a lot of their documents, such as service sheets and newsletters in Publisher. They are having the following problem: One person will start a publication and save it on the shared drive. For whatever reason, they have to move to desks and on the second machine, try to open the same publication to continue working. However even though they have closed both the file and Publisher on the first machine, they get a messa...

Needs help in Sharepoint design
Hi All, I am bit new with MOSS 2006. I got an assignment to create the document repository. We are working for insurance production that creates a lot of policy documents. These documents would be in PDF and word format. Our requirement is to store these documents in share point. I need help for finalizing the structure of repository in SharePoint. In our application policy No would always be unique. A policy might have different type of records like quote document, policy terms document, endorsement documents etc. each of these documents would have multiple documents. As per ...

Printing problem #7
One of the computers in our office crashed recently. We got it back up and now it will not print any email with HTML format - it won't print from IE either. We have re-installed the printer drivers, etc. It does fine with text emails. Help! Dave brutus <brutus@thebrute.com> wrote: > One of the computers in our office crashed recently. We got it back > up and now it will not print any email with HTML format - it won't > print from IE either. We have re-installed the printer drivers, etc. > It does fine with text emails. Help! How does this have anythin...

Help identifying virus
I get an email. Almost instantly another email "arrives" with the same subject but containing the following text: --- begin quote Hello How are you doing recently? I would like to introduce you a very good company which i knew. Their website is www.ebakm.com They can offer you all kinds of electronical products which you need,like Laptops ,GPS ,TV LCD,Cell Phones,PS3,MP3/4,Watch etc........ Please take some time to have a check ,there must be something you 'd like to purchase . Hope you have a good mood in shopping from their company ! Best Regar...

If Statement help (I think)
What statement would I use if I want to search a exce data base and find all rows that have "X" in one colum. I want to take those rows that contain "X" and copy the entire row into another excel document. Any ideas? -- Todd Hi Todd This depends on Why and How Often. But I'd go menu Data > Filter > Atrofilter, then choose X in the column dropdown that appear in the column header cell. from there copy-paste, subtotal or whatever I want done. Another approach is to create a Pivot Table with the column in question as a page field. HTH. Best wishes Harald &q...

Help me with formula
I have a basic graph 1,2,3,4,5.....going down in and a,b,c,d,e,f,c going across. EX. A B C D E F G ---------------------------------------------- 1 500 25 75 800 (200) 2 3 4 5 6 7 My question is how can I make an equation that Goes like this : Column A+B+D-E=G I showed an example above for on row but i wouuld wnat this to work for any row no matter what data I answer. I want this ewuation to work for any data entered for the whole sheet. I hope you understand and can help anyone. -- thatsall ------...

Outlook Shtdown problem
After viewing a message, closing the message causes an illegal operation error in module unknown. This happens in all messages with or without attachments. thanks ...

Problems Query with MSQuery
Hell I try to Query from CSV file to Excel worksheet using MSQuery One of the fields contains both numeric and text data but MSQuery return to Excel only the numeric data What can i do to fix the problem The following article on Dick Kusleika's weblog may help (from a post by onedaywhen): http://www.dicks-blog.com/excel/2004/06/external_data_m.html#trackback IZI wrote: > Hello > > I try to Query from CSV file to Excel worksheet using MSQuery. > > One of the fields contains both numeric and text data but MSQuery return to Excel only the numeric data. > > ...

Office Help Windows
I'm running Office x on a new G5 with OS10.3. Only problem so far is that I can't "minimize" Office help windows and send them to the dock like I do in other applications. Is this supposed to work? I'm new to OS X, so I don't know whether or not that feature is available and can't find the answer in the literature anywhere. If it is supposed to work, how do I get it running? Hi Head to the Office X downloads page, which is here: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx Install these updates: 10.1.2 10.1.4 10.1.5 After installing the updates run Disk U...