Fix the 1099 MISC process so it works with all boxes available

the 1099 Misc form/reporting is designed to report many things.  Great Plains
should fix its system so it allows for completion of the 1099 misc form as
directed in the instructions.  One vendor may have multiple payments that
need to be reported in a 1099 misc form, ex Rent box 1, Royalty box 2,
nonemployee compensation box 7.  The instructions for form 1099 misc gives an
example of machine rental with operator: machine in box 1 operator in box 7.
  I don't see this as an enhancement to your program.  I see this as making
your program work, otherwise you should quit saying you have 1099 misc
functionality.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=16cd9e7c-1780-41ce-b75f-9381f5e9209b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Jim8980 (510)

Text box in master document moves out of print range
I have placed a text box at the bottom of the master page using publisher 2003. I have set it to be compatible with all my printers. However, when I set the print option to greyscale it shifts the box to a position lower than any printer can handle. It often looks ok in preview, but not on the hard copy itself. I have also noticed that the text moves in some cases witht he help of additional tabs. Why is this. My document is 200 pages long with 15 chapters. I have to change each chapter 4 times (left & right pages masters A & B) to overcome this problem. Your help would be much ...

Fixing column width
I have a spreadsheet in which I have set the widths of certain columns using Autofit. The problem is that I often have to add to the spreadsheet by importing data from a text file. Every time I do that, the column width changes to the width of the new data (which is usually narrower than what I wanted). Is there a way to prevent that from happening? Thanks, Cliff Lewis Assuming you're using the Data, Import Data command, when you get to the final "Import Data" dialog there is a "Properties" button (in Excel 2003 at least). One of those properties is Adjust column w...

OWA...change password....work around for SSL....EXCHANGE 2000
Hi OWA in Exchange 2000 has been configured. For the change password option an SSL certificate is required. The problem is that we already have ONE SSL certificate and the company cant afford to but another one at the moment for various reasons. I want to set up a work around such that when the user clicks 'CHANGE PASSWORD' it goes to another link than the default one which should be lets say 'http://www.company.com/changepassword'. This website has SSL implemented hence we could use our 'change password' option. Is that possible? How do i go about it? If not possi...

stopping a process
I want to close an already running process in my system. Say Yahoo msngr.I can identify and hide the window but am not able to stop the Yahoo Messenger process. How can I stop that process such that the window is closed and the process is stopped as well such that that its entry from the task manager is also removed. Destroy doesnt works. you need to use windows shell command "net start/stop SERVICENAME" the service name is to be used as we can see it in Services using services.msc at run command. Sandipan Aich wrote: > I want to close an already running process in my syst...

Need to convert 2002 back t0 while laptop is fixed
My laptop with Money 2002 died and had to be sent in for service which will probably be about a month. The good news is that I backup up all my data files the day before and burned them to CD. My office machine is running Windows 98 SE and Money 2001 but it will not read the 2002 files. I can't install XP because the machine will not support it. I used a friend's machine and can open my backup file but I don't want to leave my financial data there. Is there some way I can transfer the data to Excel or save it in a backwardly compatible format? I tried to synchronis...

Best Work at Home Jobs Online
Are you looking for online jobs for college students? Or are you simply looking for the best work at home jobs online so that you don't have to work that boring 9 to five job any more? Well if you are you a college student who doesn't have time for a full time job but needs some extra cash and you're looking for online jobs from home or you're someone who simply needs a different line of work, then you've come to the right article! Today a lot of people are looking for online work and are getting into what is known as affiliate marketing. Why? Because it has a l...

How do I fix this?
I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu Bar and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I can't get the Tool menu back. Help Please. Thanks Hold down the Shift key when you open your database. Rob "Ayo" <Ayo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3A9F20A-231C-42CA-80C4-59B836CFE1AB@microsoft.com... >I used the Startup tool to setup my application but I unchecked the Menu >Bar > and the Shortcut Menu Bar checkboxes. I need to make some changes but I > can't > get the Tool menu ba...

IMF works great
Hello I just installed the IMF on our exchange 2003 server. And it works like a champ! One strange thing I wanted to mention though, I'm using outlook 2000 SP-3 (9.0.0.6627) not OL 2003 as needed according to documentation and yet the rated mails are sent to the junk e-mail folder. Do I have a special version (SP) without knowing it ? Regards Rudy Steyaert IMF is server-based, so if the user has enabled junk filtering from OWA it will filter regardless of the client that connects. The key is that it needs to be enabled on the mailbox, and the only way is with OWA 2003 or Outloo...

DPM2010RC
I saw some older topics asking for support for Data Protection Manager to support item level recovery without the Hyper-V role. Is this a planned feature? Is there a reason a dependency has to be placed on the entire Hyper-V role? This is a big deal for us and it would be enormously helpful if we could take advantage of this advertised feature come release. If not, we will have to install DPM2010 on the host cluster and lose some of the scalability, reliability, etc, that the VM has. hi The feature is currently not available. I have forwarded the feedback to the feature tea...

The great disappearing hot fix
Has anyone experienced anything like this? Yesterday, one of our users complained to me about some quirk in GP eConnect processing that I had thought we fixed in December of 2007 via a Hot Fix to eConnect. Well, when I checked our server it was as if the hot fix was never installed (the eConnect release version was the basic 9.0.3.0, instead of 9.0.3.4). The Hot Fix was also missing from Add/Remove Programs. I went to reinstall the hot fix, and when the install program started it gave me the option to either Repair or Remove the hot fix. So, something was still present tha...

macro process running in task manager after the job is done 12-28-07
I created a macro shortcut in access that is running a batch job. I used windows scheduler to schedule that shortcut. It runs fine, but after the job is done there is a process still running in the task manager. The next time, when it runs the macro shortcut, it won't run it because there is the old process hanging in the taks manager. Does anyone know how to fix this problem? Phillip Phillip, You might need to put a Quit action at the end of the macro, so it closes Access after the other processing is done. -- Steve Schapel, Microsoft Access MVP Phillip wrote: > I created ...

Can I copy a combo box in Excel 2002 with a relative cell link?
Would like to create multiple combo boxes by copying and pasting a cell containing a combo box but would like for the cell link for each combo box to be a relative cell reference so that the cell link is different for each combo box. Have tried changing the cell link to a relative reference before copying, but has no effect. The code would depend on what kind of combobox you used. Did you use a combobox from the control toolbox toolbar or a DropDown from the Forms toolbar? And a couple of alternatives. Maybe data|validation. It kind of looks the same. http://www.contextures.com/xlDat...

ROW function does not work as expected
Hello, I am trying to conditionally format a cell based on two values: the value of another cell and the value of this cell itself. I am using the following: =IF(AND(INDIRECT(ADDRESS(ROW();3))="B";D6>0);TRUE;FALSE) Check if in the current row at column 3 the value is "B" and if the value of this cell is greater than 0 This does work if I write it directly in a cell. If I use the exact same formula in the conditional formatting dialog, nothing happens. I learned that in Excel 2003 there was a bug concerning the INDIRECT and AND function (http://groups.google.de/group/m...

Cell Box - one of the 4 cell lines is open
What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - mentioned). Oh yea! The lines are call borders and are part of cell formatting. Format > Cells... > Border > Outline > OK -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200826 "MUTTMIND" wrote: > What was the set of search "words" to find the answer... please? I have > spent an hour. ( I don't want to tell you that I spent more time - > mentioned). Oh yea! No worky. Excel 2007 - home tab - cells (ins...

Error importing dates from fixed width txt files
I'm trying to revise an existing Import Spec to include new fields added to a fixed width text file. If I import without making any revisions the dates import correctly. They are on the file as CCYYMMDD and the data field in the Spec is Date/Time and I've deselected 4 digit year. My new date fields were added to the text file as YYMMDD and I select Date/Time data field for the new fields. However, with the revisions made adding the new fields none of the date fields import now with the revised spec. Another user created the spec and we're both using Access 2003 with th...

Fix
What does the word FIX mean on Excel 2000? It is in the lower right hand corner 3 boxes away from NUM, 4 boxes from CAPS. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It means you have turned on fixed decimals places under tools>options>edit, so if you have 2 fixed decimal places and enter 20 in a cell it will change into 0.2 Just uncheck it if you don't want it -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "zacharias" <zacharias.vdc4c@excelforum-nospam.com&...

Mailbox Limits for Users not working
Hello, I migrated all users to a new exchange 2003 server from an exchange 2003 server. I have configured mailbox limits on the new mailstores on the new box. I migrated all users over to the new box and ran into problems, move failed, with some users (the one's that I used ADSIEdit.msc to increase the mailbox limits in the users account properties). The error stated an issue with mailbox limits. So to make things easy I removed the mailboxs limits from the mailstores (applied via system policies) and then successfully migrated the "problem" users over to the new box. Aft...

Work Orders #2
Are there any bike shops who use this system able to properly use the work orders for repairs, and if so, how do you properly schedule workload by day? Since you can't see the due date when looking up work orders, how can you determine if the work is due, other than running a report? Does this have to be done every time a repair is entered to know when to schedule? Does anyone know of a scheduling software that integrates with MRS that can do the labor and repairs? -- Thanks, joel ...

and stop processing more rules
Hi all. When creating a rule in outlook 2003 in certain circumstances I would like to pernamently delete an e- mail. Once you have selected permanently delete from the rule selection - outlook automatically adds to the bottom of the rule "and stop processing more rules" which means it will not continue to delete any additional e-mail. Is there a way that I can "turn off" and stop processing more rules ? Thanks Brad The "stop processing" applies to that particular rule, so that if there is additional criteria you specified in another rule that might move it...

Fixed Assets Quick Links
Does anyone know why I cannot customize the homepage with links to Fixed Asset windows? ...

Message Rules Have Stopped Working
Hello...I am running Outlook XP on Windows XP. A while back, I upgraded to Office 2K3 then later decided to move back to Office XP. Since doing so, my Outlook message rules have ceased to function. They are still listed, but Outlook ignores them like they don't exist. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Outlook to no avail. What can I do to get them working again. Thanks for any advice! ...

Negative NBV in Fixed asset module
Does anyone konw why negative NBV will be happened in the fixed asset module and how to avoid this happen ? example like the asset cost 10,000 but it total deprecation amount (fully deprecaited) is 15,000. thanks ...

I cannot get my wizard to work in publisher #3
my wizard does not work says cannot complete operation ...

No Reports Available
I installed CRM with no errors and by the book. When I try to view the existing reports within CRM, there is none listed. I am logged in as the admin. Any ideas do the other users have reports? did you assign a license to the admin user? rgds leo "KMD" <davemackinnon@msn.com> wrote in message news:1ef901c372ff$fa544700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I installed CRM with no errors and by the book. When I > try to view the existing reports within CRM, there is > none listed. I am logged in as the admin. Any ideas ...

hotmail fix
I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes that were on the intranet but to no avail. pbrown said the following on 11/11/2004 2:09 PM: > I am still unable to get into hotmail. I've tried several attempts at fixes > that were on the intranet but to no avail. Unless you are not a MSN Premium customer, you are no longer able to access Hotmail mailbox using Outlook. There are third-party utility that can allow you to retrieve Hotmail mails. -- Alex Yu http://mucha.us/blogs/alex/ This posting represents my own opinion, and in no way cl...