Fiscal Reporting Periods

Clients are having trouble printing financial statements for historical
fiscal periods.
Currently in GP 9 and 10, when creating a historical report in Advanced
Financial (ie. Balance Sheet 2006), they must select the historical year and
periods. Next year, they will have to change the historical year and period
settings and save the report as Balance Sheet 2007.

They feel that they should be able to create a historical report once, and
save it (ie. Historical Balance Sheet). Whenever they would like to print a
historical report, they simply select the appropriate year and print.

--
JB

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f70b53a6-47f2-4216-94ad-fdb5170f6d4b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
JB (195)

If that's the way they feel about it <g>, they should quit using AFA and
start using FRx. Seriously.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"JB" wrote:

> Clients are having trouble printing financial statements for historical
> fiscal periods.
> Currently in GP 9 and 10, when creating a historical report in Advanced
> Financial (ie. Balance Sheet 2006), they must select the historical year and
> periods. Next year, they will have to change the historical year and period
> settings and save the report as Balance Sheet 2007.
>
> They feel that they should be able to create a historical report once, and
> save it (ie. Historical Balance Sheet). Whenever they would like to print a
> historical report, they simply select the appropriate year and print.
>

> --
> JB
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f70b53a6-47f2-4216-94ad-fdb5170f6d4b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)
8/9/2007 4:52:01 AM
Advanced Financials are abosutely horrible

FRX does exactly what you are describing -- except you do not even have to
create a seperate BS for historical reports, just change base period when
you run the report for current period or historical period

"JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Clients are having trouble printing financial statements for historical
> fiscal periods.
> Currently in GP 9 and 10, when creating a historical report in Advanced
> Financial (ie. Balance Sheet 2006), they must select the historical year
> and
> periods. Next year, they will have to change the historical year and
> period
> settings and save the report as Balance Sheet 2007.
>
> They feel that they should be able to create a historical report once, and
> save it (ie. Historical Balance Sheet). Whenever they would like to print
> historical report, they simply select the appropriate year and print.
>

> --
> JB
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f70b53a6-47f2-4216-94ad-fdb5170f6d4b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
gailr (88)
8/9/2007 1:10:39 PM
AFA is in the same category as Report Writer as far as I am concerned.
Cumbersome to use and lacking all the needed functionality.  As Charles and
Gail said, FRx is the way to go.  If you own GP, you already own FRx.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"JB" <JB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Clients are having trouble printing financial statements for historical
> fiscal periods.
> Currently in GP 9 and 10, when creating a historical report in Advanced
> Financial (ie. Balance Sheet 2006), they must select the historical year
> and
> periods. Next year, they will have to change the historical year and
> period
> settings and save the report as Balance Sheet 2007.
>
> They feel that they should be able to create a historical report once, and
> save it (ie. Historical Balance Sheet). Whenever they would like to print
> historical report, they simply select the appropriate year and print.
>

> --
> JB
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f70b53a6-47f2-4216-94ad-fdb5170f6d4b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)
8/10/2007 10:30:15 AM
I will fourth that motion - move to FRx as soon as you can.  AFA is
80's technology.

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

Customization of ms crm Reports
my company wants some additional fields and company logo in Quote report. what is the best way to do that. thanks in advance !!!!!!!! On Jan 12, 11:06=A0pm, Mahain <mahende...@gmail.com> wrote: > my company wants some additional fields and company logo in Quote > report. what is the best way to do that. > > thanks in advance !!!!!!!! Click the edit report button and go to actions to download the report. You now have the rdl file. If you have SQL Server 2008, apparently this has an editor, otherwise unless you want to hack the xml directly (not recommended), your best bet i...

complex query/report
Hi there I don't know if this is possible or not... I want to be able to create a query or a report that will give an average for the unload rates at each port for each vessel. I have a table that has 3 fields for Unload ports for a 3 letter port code. I have a query that has a formula to figure out the unload rates (net tonnes per hour) each port could be in either of the 3 unload port fields. There are over 60 ports. In the end I would like something that looked similar to Vessel: AAAA Port Average Unload ABA 1200 A...

suta report
i've checked everything i know in p/r cards and settings for state. the suta report does not calculate correctly the YTD taxable wages for the period, (leaving it a zero). making the qtrly wages all taxable. it did work earlier in the year! Help! Maggie ...

Fiscal year
As we are still posting stuff to 2007, and have not yet closed 2007, Can I set up the 2008 fiscal period? -- thanks, Carol Hi Carol, Yes you will be able to Setup your 2008 fiscal period if you have not yet closed 2007. To make sure that no transactions get posted to the 2008 year before you close 2007 you will be able to close all of the periods in 2008 after it has been setup. Thanks Don Craig "Carol" wrote: > As we are still posting stuff to 2007, and have not yet closed 2007, > Can I set up the 2008 fiscal period? > > -- > thanks, > > Carol Ca...

Filtered Reports
Hello, Is there a bit of VB Coding i can use on the onclick event of a report button that will only only show the filtered results what are shown on the form. I know i could have various query's and Buttons, But its just to long winded and copying the reports etc, is a longish process, What it is i have various filters on my form, Such Toggle Buttons for A-Z and i Have Unbound List Box Which has a Macro Assigned on the after update, which this filters out company's by their discipline. Using the one Report I Managed to use the following Print All Which Just looks at the table,...

Report with sub-report
I have created a report with a subreport inserted. They have separate queries that come from the same table. I am trying to put a comments filed on the bottom of the page away from the detail section. I only want to enter the critera one time, but it is asking me the same information three times. For example name and beginning and ending date. Any thoughts? Here are my thoughts... never use parameter prompts in your applications http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=6763. Use controls on forms. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "lfw" wrote: > I have created a report ...

event 9551 reported on database not mailbox
We have the following event id listed in the eventlogs on our Exchange server An error occurred while upgrading the ACL on folder [MBX:DTM]/Contacts/Japan located on database "Second Storage Group\DTM". The Information Store was unable to convert the security for /O=org/OU=site/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=alias into a Windows 2000 Security Identifier. It is possible that this is caused by latency in the Active Directory Service, if so, wait until the user record is replicated to the Active Directory and attempt to access the folder (it will be upgraded in place). If the specified object do...

Custom Active Report Problem
Hi! I would like to be able to generate a detailed sales report that is based on a date AND time combination, e.g All transactions between '08/05/2006 19:00:00' and '09/05/2006 03:00:00' Anyone got any ideas as to how I can achieve this? Also, is there any help file associated with creating custom reports? The information seems woefully inadequate and it would be great if I could read something that explains to me just what you can do with Active Reports and how to customize them. Many thanks Mark This is a quick and dirty solution: Change: VBDataType = vbData to VBDa...

Fiscal periods #3
Hello, Our client's fiscal periods are not uniform - each fiscal period has different number of days. For example, Jan will be 01/01 -01/20, Feb will be 01/21..02/25, Mar will be 02/26..03/22 etc. Since the no. of days ine ach period is different, they would like to see which fiscal period they are in when they are creating a batch or entering transcations into the batch to make sure that the posting date is correct. Is there a simple way to make the fiscal period visible on the batch and transcation entry screen? Thanks a bunch -VP In my experience, most companies with 'unusual...

Active Reports *.qrp does not exist
RMS Store Operations, Version: 2.0.0105 Clean Install on XP SP2. When trying to run a report I"m receiving a Report file C:\<full path>\*.qrp does not exist. I've made sure this matches the same location specified under the RMS Administrator, File, Configuration, Path tab, File Paths, Reports. On the other pcs I've made an upgrade from v1.3 to 2.0 and those all work just fine. We actually have the reports stored in a shared folder and made sure the path and files existed. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0189_01C924B2.DAC40D70 Con...

Hello, I got this error when I load a new report to my test enviornment. I'm using visual studio 2008 and everything works perfectly in CRM development. But when I tried to load the report into test and production I keep getting this error. I remembered that my data source properties needs to change so I changed them and checked and double checked that they are correct for each enviornment, but I do not know what it could be at this point. I'm truly stumped. Could it be visual basic 2008, it shouldn't, I know it's highly probable that it's my data source but I ...

Alternative to Precheck Report
Does anyone have an alternative to the Precheck report in Payroll? We have a desparate need to have the report sort alphabetically by Last name (it currently sorts by employee id). Since the report is built from a temp table during payroll processing, modifying the existing report in Report Writer is fruitless. Does anyone have a Crystal alternative report? Thanks, Laurie Hi Laurie, I have built a report in Crystal Reports that displays the same type of data as the Great Plains PreCheck report. It's not exactly the same format however; it will give you something to work with. Y...

Avoid re-queries when printing report
Hi newsgroup, I have a report in Access 2K which relies on a query. The query itself contains lots of fields which rely on VBA functions I wrote. Now to the problem: When I open the report in preview, the data on that report is OK. When I print the report, it is as if the query was re-queried, i.e. the functions are all executed again and so the data doesn't correspond anymore. Is there a way to tell the report to open the query as "snapshot", i.e. making it "as is" for the print? Thanks, Peter Is there anything in the OnPrint or OnFormat events which negates...

date format using dot / period
I have a user that did a custom format for a column to be mm.dd.yyyy. When I type the date using slashes - Excel recognizes the data as a date. However, my user typed the data using dots. I told her to find and replace the dots and make them slashes to make the information correctly sort. But I am curious, is there a way for excel to recognize numbers seperated with a dot as a date opposed to an integer or decimal number? thank you Only be either changing the windows settings for date delimiters (not recommended) or using a macro that will change the dots to date delimiters like / ...

Financial Reports in GP
Has anyone seen where the vanilla reports in Financial section not show up? Like the option isn't even there? I have a site where there are no default reports that normally come in the financail module... so strange! Any feedback will be appreciated! Thank you! The only 'default' financials I can think of are those provided with the Fabrikam company. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Sherry" wrote: > Has any...

Investment Report Format
How do I get investment performance reports to display in terms of percent instead of dollars? In microsoft.public.money, Ross wrote: >How do I get investment performance reports to display in >terms of percent instead of dollars? I suggest you go to the Portfolio view and customize a view to your liking. Various percentage performance columns are available for your selection. You can File->Print the result if you like. ...

To automatically give fiscal period/fiscal year
I need to put the current fiscal period and year into a cell. Our fiscal year starts in October, which is period 1, November is period 2, through to September which is period 12. As the fiscal year runs October - September, it is named after the year it mostly falls in, so for instance Dec 2005 is 3/2006 (period/fiscal year). Is there a way to automatically put the period and year in a cell (it is normally written in the form period/fiscal year - but this is not essential), by adapting the =TODAY() function or otherwise. Thanks. -- Turnipboy ----------------------------------------------...

Move report to another PC with Access?
I created a report now how would you copy the file which creates a report to another machine? Susan Access does not keep separate "files" for each object. Instead, everything is stored within the .mdb file. So you might not actually want to copy (only) the report to another PC (and you couldn't!) ... do you need to run the application from more than one PC? -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Susan" <dsnsacree@m...

Error: 3464 with Report to PDF
I was testing with Stephen Lebans Report to PDF and everything was working just fine last week.This week, I'm getting an Access error message: 3464 - Data Type mismatchin criteria expression.I don't get it. I've tried tracing the code, but somehow, I'm just missing the line that throws the error.Any suggestions as to how to proceed?Thanks!Larry Kahm Comment out your code that calls the ReportToPDF functions. I'll bet the error still appears. If I remember correctly that error has to do with criteria supplied to a Query. Do you have a SQL statement as the recordsource for t...

last year reports
I want to run some 2007 year end reports on sales. In summary I get year to date, week to date, month to date - but not last year. Any good suggestions on annual reports for my accountant. This is my first year in RMS. Just set a custom time period manually for the months you want included. For last year your start time would be 1/01/07 and the end time would be 12/31/07. Craig "Kathryn WOJ" <KathrynWOJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E55B43FB-7530-466E-888E-C2FA6D421A9E@microsoft.com... >I want to run some 2007 year end reports on sales. In summary ...

Print single report
HELP! I am using the following code under the ComandButton to print the current report from my form: Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[Num] = " & Me.[Num] DoCmd.OpenReport "Check Request", acViewNormal, , strWhere End If However, I keep getting the following error: The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced...

no selection in report manager
I did all required in the installation and when the Report Manager comes up I get no options either under "view or scenario", All I see is "none". No selection in the drop down for any of the 6 out of 20 columns I want to print. Running Excel 2002. Is my Report Manager corrupted? I just d/l it today from the MS site. test user@domain.invalid wrote: > I did all required in the installation and when the > Report Manager comes up I get no options either under "view or > scenario", All I see is "none". > No selection in the drop down for a...

Reports
I am using Outlook 2003. Is there a way to link Access to Outlook's task and create custom reports based on the task information. The reports in Outlook are so limited. For instance, if you print a report with a notes column the data doesn't wrap and you can't view all the information. That is just one of the limitations I am encountering. If there is another way to custom create reports please let me know. Thanks. ...

Exporting Partial reports
I am relatively new to Access, and I want to export 1 page of my report at a time to a .snp file. IOW I want to be able to export page 42 of my report at any given time. I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated. It took me about six hours but I hashed it out "Jody" wrote: > I am relatively new to Access, and I want to export 1 page of my report at a > time to a .snp file. IOW I want to be able to export page 42 of my report at > any given time. I can't seem to figure it out. Any help is appreciated. ...

Change from calendar month periods to fiscal periods (i.e. 4-4-5)
Has anyone had experience changing from calendar month periods to a fiscal periods but not changing from a calendar year to a fiscal year? Our company wants to change to a periods such as 4-4-5 but does not want to change from a calendar year. The only tool that GP brokers discuss is the fiscal period modifier which is only to (possibly - they say it sometimes doesn't work!) change from a calendar year to a fiscal year. ...