Financial Series Revaluation

What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the
following:

a. Realized Gain/loss
b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked.

0
jacktundra (359)

Jack:

With the financial series reval, the only difference is which set of
accounts gets used to post the revaluation transactions and, in the latter
case, if a reversing entry in the next period is made.

"Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> What is the difference on financial series revaluation between the
> following:
>
> a. Realized Gain/loss
> b. Unrealized Gain/loss with revesing entry unmarked.

Financial Objects
Hi Is there such a thing as Financial Shapes, available in Visio 2003? Kind Regards Ricky There are some new workflow shapes in Visio 2007 that deal with AR, AP, cash, banking, approvals etc. The beta for Visio 2007 is available if you want to see what the shapes are like. What sort of shapes are you looking for? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list.htm &q...

How do I export data from Excel as a series of comma-separated val
I am using Excel 2000. I entered my data in a spreadsheet, and saved it as a CSV file. Now I need to change it to comma-separated values and send it in an e-mail. Here's an example of what I am doing. Swamp Thing 1972 1 FN 1 None None 24.5 Now I need that to be separated by commas instead of cells. Also, it took out my dollar signs and zeros, and I want them back. What do I do? I use Excel 2003 File|Save As , select file type as CSV file. Then open *.csv with text editor not Excel. You example data will look as below: Swamp Thing, 1972, 1, FN, 1, None ,...

Best way to keep financial data secure in M05?
Thinking of getting M05 - do not have previous versions. I am concerned about financial data being compromised. Are there any tips on how to best keep your data secure if you'd like to use the online update of account feature? Step 1: find a bank that supports direct download rather than one that doesn't and thus requires download via Yodlee. "jshofstra" <jshofstra11@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1117975134.899774.87820@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Thinking of getting M05 - do not have previous versions. I am concerned > about financial data being com...

Change Financial Institution
I'm using Money 04. As often happens these days the bank owning my Visa card was bought by another bank. I need to change the financial institution associate with this account. When I go to Payee-Account Details-Change Details and Payment Options-Online Billing Details, it won't let me change the name of the institution. How can I accomplish this? Thanks "Ken Kast" <ken@NOSPAMkenkast.com> wrote in message news:u0wU$TqNGHA.2560@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm using Money 04. As often happens these days the bank owning my Visa > card was bought by an...

Add series to line graph
Is there any way to avoid the following: When I add a series to a line graph which has an appropriate scale for the y axis, the scale changes as soon as I click on 'Add Series'. The Values box populates with ={1} which forces the minimum value on the y axis down to zero. Even after I replace the ={1} with the data range for values, the scale remains at the now inappropriate scale with too low of a minimum value, forcing me to go and make adjustment values to the axis scale. I have lots of graphing to do and find this irritating and time consuming. Thanks for any suggestions....

Source data
Someone before me had created a chart with columns and a line, but what I can't figure out is how they made the line the way it is. When I go to the Source Data the data series for the line has both an "X Values" and a "Y Values". When I try to duplicate this in a new chart I only have the option to enter X Values. Any idea how to get it to give me a space to enter a Y Value? You're confusing a "line chart" with an "XY scatter chart". -- Best Regards, Luke M "Tiffany" <Tiffany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Foreign financial institutions
My foreign bank isn't in Money's list of Financial Institutions and I know it supports MS Money (2-way only) by reading its website. Can I connect to foreign banks and download statements into Money? One more info - It's a bank from Portugal named: Millennium bcp >-----Original Message----- >My foreign bank isn't in Money's list of Financial >Institutions and I know it supports MS Money (2-way only) >by reading its website. > >Can I connect to foreign banks and download statements >into Money? > >. > >-----Original Message--...

PivotTable Data Series Formatting
Hi all, I'm having no luck solving this problem, so if anyone can help me out, I'd appreciate it greatly. I have a PivotTable displaying the product of a group of information. By product, I mean all values in the series multiplied together. This is called YIELD. I then need to find the DPMO, which (for the uninitiated, lucky you) is how many times we mess up every 1 million times. The formula is (1-YIELD) * 1,000,000 I'm trying to find a way to calculate the DPMO dynamically. I can't calculate the DPMO in the data and just use that as a field for the PivotTable a...

updaing dates in financial manager wizard
win98se, office2k. Trying to use the Financial Manager wizard and dates end with March 2000. Questions, how to update dates? and Is this worth using or not? Suggestions and thanks, L. ...

Advanced Financial Analysis and quick financials
I have been using GP for a few years. I have always used FRx for Financials. Is there a reason to learn Quick Financials and Advanced Financial Analysis? My company has two companies in GP one representing a london division one a SF location. And their is many multi-currency reporting necessary. ------=_NextPart_0001_75DC991E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi there Advanced Financial Analysis (AFA) is a much simpler system that was built into the core Dynamics product. It was created before FRx existed and is rarely used now. I would suggest that you conti...

FINANCIAL SURPORT
Hey,first iwhould like to thank , The Almighty, second The group wich has allows me to express my self .am coming from an humble country , from africa but dispite the fact that we are on our way of throwiwing the issue of POVETY it is still DIFICCULT FOR young people like us to belive that JOB opportunity is just a history to usTHEREFORE my main THEME is to discuss and ask for ANY WILLING PERSON to H ELP and give us any kind of SUPPORT THANKS .PAUL MBOYA ...

AA Posting Journal in Series Post
We have disabled the generation of AA Posting Journal reports from G/L General Transaction Entry, however if a batch (or group of batches) is posted via Series Post it still produces the report. Does anyone know how to stop this happening? We have disabled AA Posting Journals because it generates a report regardless of whether the accounts being posted to are linked to dimensions or not. This drives our accounts people nuts as it slows the process of posting down. Thanx ...

preparation of financial performance and financial position ?
how can i prepare financial performance, financial position and analusis through annual report "kay" <kay @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9AD1C2D3-C543-4DF0-B825-07FAE1FD0EC6@microsoft.com... > how can i prepare financial performance, financial position and analusis > through annual report > Seriously, as a recently retired Management and Systems Accountant, if you are needing to ask this in a newsgroup, you need to get some on-site professional advice on this. There are all sorts of possible legal implications depending on the type of organi...

Financial Underlining
Does anyone know if their is a way of doing what I call financial overlining and underlining in a set of accounts. What I ideally would like is a single overline and a double underline in selected cells which extends to the length of the number in that cell. The only way I can do it is to draw lines in the cell but that has the disadvantage of not being very portable and the accounts need much tweeking to get these all looking the same and being the same sizes and alignment through the document. Cell borders nearly does the trick but are too wide if the column is set up to ...

Year series shows wrong in chart
Hi all : using Excel 2003, I have what should not even be a problem that I cannot solve. I have a series of years in a column, 1970-2006 to be exact, and these are the labels for my x axis. When I insert chart this appears as 1,2,3,...instead of 1970, 1971, etc. It doesn't matter how I format that column, text, general, custom, nothing works. Why is it not just giving me the data in the format that is actually there and how can I get it? thanks for any help Bevin B. Try first entering the dates as dates. To check to make sure they're entered as dates, after entering the data c...

Encumbrance process in purchases done in project series
We have a prospect that is interested in the functionality of encumbrance accounting. Since they want to track projects, all POs are going to be registered in project series. I understand that encumbrance accounting works only with purchases done in Purchasing Order Processing module not in project accounting series. Any suggestions... Thanks ...

Bar of Pie Chart
Hi all, I thought I posted this earlier today, but I do not the post, so I'll try again. Using xl 2007 I set up data. Labels in A101:A107 and values in B101:B107 I inserted bar of pie chart of the data. Excel interpreted and grouped the data properly and created the bar of pie chart I added value labels - outside end. 2nd series - I copied the original data to C101:D107 and copied this data to the original chart as series 2 I tried using the arrow keys to cycle through all of the chart elements, but I cannot pick up series 2 I right-click on the chart and choose Select Data, I see the ...

financial success
Finally, a genuine and legitimate way to make REAL money online! I have searched the Net, burnt my fingers, lost money and had enough... then a friend sent me this fresh way to turn my world on its head. "Fact: A genuine Dot Com Millionaire is actively helping people who want to be helped, to true" Visit the one site that has given me renewed hope and trust: http://www.realitymillions.com/index.php?ref=wcpaint Please mail me directly if you need my assistance. Finest Regards Midas author@realitymillions.com ...

Financial Charges
I try to use surcharges feature, but I got problem (the nominal of current or charges is not what I have expected according to this calculation 1/365 * 100% * $100 * NumDays) Example: Transaction on April 1 $100.00 Due after closing date plus 30 days Minimum payment $10.00 Annual Interest Rate 100% In RMS the financial charge were produced as follow: April 1 current or charges $100, June 1 current or charges, $0.548, July 1 current $8.767 and charges 8.219. Those nominal are same if I try to calculate them manually. But by RMS, date 8/1 current or charges $8.562 and 0n 9/1 the current or...

Default Series format
Is there any way I can force a chart (scatter in this case) to always use a "3pt black dot" for all series that "may" develop. My graph works fine, but every once in a while there are more series plotted than I have previously "manually" formatted. Those new series appear as a variety of shapes and colors. I'd like to make the graph "always use a 3pt black dot for ANY series." Tried a Google Group search, but wasn't sure what terminology to use ("excel" "default" "series"), so I didn't get any relevant hits...

Query for UK Financial period
Does anyone have any SQL statement(s) that can return the UK financial period for a date? Dates are in the form dd/mm/yyyy hh:nn:ss (where "nn" is minutes). I am happy to create nested SQL with parameter passing if necessary. I will be using it to populate a "Period Number" field in a table where there is already a data field from which the period will be calculated. The period number will take the form "2007\01, 2007\02, 2007\03, 2007\04" e.t.c. I know I can use a table with the Start and End dates along with the corresponding Period Number but this is slow and I...

Financial Mamager
I have been looking at the Financial Manager in Excel 2000, when I tried seting it up it wanted a user name and password to open. Can anyone tell me where I can find this information. It never asked me for these datails, or maybe this is licensed. ...

Help with OLE Series
Hello, I am using ORACLE OLE2 package to print a series bar graph in excel. I need to rename "Series Name" that comes out in as a char in excel. By defual the series are names as Series1, Series2, Series3,.....SeriesN. How can I access the handle to "Series Name" which help me change its name. Any help will be highly appreciated. Thanks you, Bilal ...

Nationwide Financial
Hi, I have a 401k held at Nationwide, which is not listed as one of the institutions to choose from in Money's list (it is not Nationwide Federal Credit Union). Nationwide gives me the option to download the ofx file to Money, but when it says "import completed," I see nothing! Even if I download it to my computer and then import the ofx file, I still see nothing. I would like to be able to keep track of this 401k file, and Nationwide says they have been instructed by Microsoft to direct all questions to them, so here I am! I think part of the problem is that Nationwide has...

Read series values range of a chart
Is it possible to read the existing range defined in the values under source data/series/Values? The reason is that I have a checkbox to hide/show the value. Since I don't know the range, I want to read and put into a temp variable so that when the user wants to show it again, I can add my temp variable into the values box. Is it doable? Thanks You can parse the series formula. John Walkenbach has a class module which does this for you: http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/tips/tip83.htm - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech...