Field Service Anywhere: Line Entry

The Part, Labor, Add' Charge and Expense Lines entry process needs to
streamlined for faster more efficient data entry.  The Lines should be added
as a tab just like the Main; Date; Addr; PCR; Note and UDF tabs (eliminating
the need to click on View => Lines).  Also, after entering a line -- clicking
Save should commit the line and clear the fields so that they are ready for
input of the next line item - rather that having to click Save; Edit =>
Clear; Edit => New.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=137bd7ba-330c-47f1-a4db-1055eb468400&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
JTV (13)

Message From Field in Folder
When viewing the list of my new messages, is there a way to see the email address of the sender instead of the alias before I open it? In the From column I see "John". When I open the email I see "John <john@johnsemail.com>". I want to see the "john@johnsemail.com" before I open it so I can tell the difference between emails from "Microsoft Support <yourfu@edifyouopenedthis.com>" and "Microsoft Support <someguywhosreally@microsoft.com>" I am currently using outlook 2002 and 2003 alternately based on my mood. Mike If you ...

modify fields
Hi - just started using CRM and have several questions. 1. How do I modify the COUNTRY field? I want a user to be able to type in the name of the country and return and display the 2-letter country abbreviation? Do I have to build a new table for that or can I modify the country field as it is now? 2. How do I apply or change field rules such as case- convert, etc. for either existing fields or fields I create? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me. Cheers Ruthie I think the existing country field is a simple text field. You cannot out any logic behind these fields. One op...

lines in the corners
How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print? In the print dialogue, Advanced Print Settings, Page settings tab, clear crop marks. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "ComputerQuestion" <ComputerQuestion@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D4A5FC-678D-4DC7-81CE-529543E164CB@microsoft.com... > How do I get rid of lines that appear in the corner of the page when I print? ...

Allow a user to log on as a service as well as a user
I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install and need to allow the admin user for the berry install to log on a service as well. How do i configure the user this way? He is already configured as a admin user. -- Trinidad You configure this (usually) under the Local Security Policy in User Rights. -- Jim McBee Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Directory Update - http://www.directory-update.com "nigel" <nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0202604E-5164-453F-B16C-FE7F97543FD4@microsoft.com... > I'm doing a blackberry enterprise install...

MO Receipt Entry
I'm trying to receive MO1-00004, an error message keep popping up. Below is the error message; You must enter additional component bin selections before you can post the receipt. any suggestions? davidv This sounds like you have not assigned all of the received items into bins. If you think you have made all of the assignments, check into units of measure. Are you receiving 10 cases and stocking into bins 10 pieces? Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant http://www.AccoladePublications.com Check out our web site! "tintin91" wrote: > I'm trying to receive MO1-0...

enter value based on drop down list of another field?
I have an excel 2003 spreadsheet with 3 worksheets. In sheet 1, I created a drop down list in column A based on values in sheet 3, column A (item number). Thisd data comes from sheet 3, where I have column A (Item #'s), column B (Item desc)an Column C (price) In column B of sheet 1, I have Item Descriptions and in column C I have price. I want this to automatically fill in based on what I enter in the column A sheet 1 and it should get the corresponding values from sheet 3 column B and C. I can make the drop down list in sheet 1 column B and C, but some of the descriptions need ...

Line-break in a cell without ALT-ENTER?
Is there a way to do this? I would like to make it so when the user hits "ENTER", it doesn't go to the next cell. I want it to just make a line-break in the cell. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a couple of macros, but before you do that, how would you really hit the enter key? I think I wouldn't really do this, but if had to, I'd remap the enter key from the numeric keyboard only. Then I could still use the QWER...

Restrickting from field
Hi, When you create new email, you can click option and tick FROM field. It will be add FROM field and you can use address book to pick up any name. Are their any options or policy to restrict this function? Thanks Using Exchange server? This should not be possible by default - someone has changed the permissions. What version of Exchange? Follow the KB 262054 to see where permissions might be set - and remove groups that shouldn't be there. wschoi wrote: > Hi, > > When you create new email, you can click option and tick > FROM field. > > It will be add FROM f...

Services terminating
For the past few days I've come to the office with my Exchange services stopped. The Event Log tells me the IIS Service Mgr shutdown first then the IMAP4, FTP Publishing, POP3, Exc Routing and SMTP. This series of events happened 12 times between 4am and the time I rebooted the server, which fixes the problem until the next morning. Another Event log entry tells me the the SMTP server could not connect to any DNS server, this occured 4 times between midnite and 4am. I have what I believe is a solid AV program (CA eTrust w/Exc option) that is kept updated and scans the drive d...

A SQL error has occurred. Going off line with Outlook CRM 4.
I have seen this in multiple workstations. Running the diagnostics, does not report any errors, however removing the temprary data under advenced fixes the problem by deleting the content of the off line database. The problem with this fix is that it may take up to 12 hours for some of our overseas employees to do their initial off line. When is SP1 due? ...

Deleting Blank lines with VBA
Help I have a macro that runs multiple formulas. However, when the formulas are finished I am left with about 64000 blank lines. I am unable to insert a row on the worksheets as I get a Run-Time Error 1004 (Try to locate the last Nonblank Cell using CTRL-END). Here is a same of some of the formulas I am running ( the macro is very large). ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaI", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C27" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaJ", RefersToR1C1:="=Trunks!R1C28" ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="TrunkFormulaK&qu...

Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field.
Hi, Sub: Automatic Data Entry Script OnChange Event for Date Field. has anyone assigned 'Today date'( new Date()) to a custom date filed on the form - OnChange of a Picklist field, I have the following code. DatefiledName.value = new Date(); This assigns, currect date to the field, but then when I save it does not like it. When I manually assign a date it displays in the format mm/dd/yyyy, and saves correctly, so I changed the script to: d= new Date(); s = d.(getMonth() +1); s += '/' + d.getDate(); s += '/' + d.getFullYear(); DatefiledName.value = s; This also acc...

How do I add an indicator line to a Gantt chart in excel?
I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I would like to indicate a specific date - most of the time today's date - by a vertical line showing how many days have passed and how many yet to go for specific tasks. I have attempted to create an 'XY graph' on top of the bar/Gantt chart, but the two do not seem to be compatible. Hi, See my examples of various ways of adding a datum line to a chart. I'm pretty sure one of the techniques should work for you. http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm Cheers Andy Steve wrote: > I have created a Gantt chart in Excel. I...

Data missing from enterprise custom task fields after migrating
We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed in files migrated from Project Server 2003 to 2007. Any ideas? -- michael Michael: What process did you follow for migration? -- Gary L. Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCTIP Business: http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs: http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://www.projectserverhelp.com "michaelj" <notreallyme.com> wrote in message news:4BD612D9-D1AD-4FF8-B103-699AB1B54D06@microsoft.com... > We can see the enterprise task fields, but none of the data is displayed > in > fil...

In-Line Graphics in Pub2002
I have a group of several objects that I want to float with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and float them separately. Is there any way around this? Thx Hi SLS (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have a group of several objects that I want to float || with text. The option to do this is grayed out when the || objects are grouped, I have to ungroup the objects and || float them separately. Is there any way around this? You could group the objects, Right Click on the group of ob...

"Virgin" ListCommands reference for Mac anywhere?

Data Entry Problem
I am designing a database to manage staff absences. I have a number of forms (one for each manager) feeding one table for company reports etc. I have a 'member of staff' field that is a comby on each form to restrict entry for managers to their team members only. My problem is that i set the data entry property to 'Yes'. This clears the form on open but prevents me from finding records (obviously because the form is empty). If i set the data entry to 'No', all records from other managers are showing on all managers forms also. Due to data protection i need to ov...

changing entry's quickly #4
I have aproximately 5000 entries for product codes. My problem is this: I need to get rid of the last two digits of each code quickly. For example: I need to change 0234600 to 02346 is there a simple wa to do this? It needs to be done in text format because of the zero a the start of each product. Thank -- cj2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cj21's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2567 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39095 ...

ADAM Error with Web Service Installation
i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 the web services is required. during the installation of the web services, i encountered an error " ADAM Error 128" what could cause this and how do i solve this? Any one help!!!!! Hi Taiwo Are the web services already installed? If they are it sounds like the issue may be that a different user account installed the web services (other then the one that is installing the BP) Fliehigh "Taiwo" wrote: > > i need to install the Business Portal for GP 10.0 > the web services is required. > during the insta...

Customized picklist fields are not showing up in the preview
hi, can you please help me out in the following situation: i have customized my crm 1.2 system in a huge manner. now all customized picklists do not show up in the preview of e.g. opportunity. opening such a related opportunity offers me the possibility to change the picklist field as wanted. note: all built-in picklist fields are showing up in the preview... tia -- Fritz Theiss Did you publish the customizations? And performed an IISReset? After those actions your changes should be visible. Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Fritz" wrote: > hi,...

CRM 3.0 SDK Web Services
Hi I am writing a small data migration tool to migrate account and contact data. I have approximate 1500 accounts and 6000 contacts to import to CRM 3.0. I finished the application and ran the data migration, I will able to migrate all of the account records without any problem at all. when I run the contact migration, it can migrate 2800 contact records when it get over 2800, my application throw me the following error message: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. I am running CRM 3.0, SQL server and my data migration on the same server. I am wonder w...

Removing the : in the coment field
When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know this is meant for the user name to appear but I don't want that. In fact, I don't want the colon to appear. Currently I manually delete it from each comment I insert...is there a way to turn that feature off so I merely type in text without having that colon appear?...I am using Excel 2000 Thanks! Kathy You can use programming to insert comments with no user name. There is sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Kathy wrote: > When I insert a comment to a field a colon appears. I know...

Journal entries missing
My journal entries disappeared when I updated to Office 2007. What can I do? "asmith5683" <asmith5683@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24FDD426-77AC-47AF-9DFD-0355F953C70C@microsoft.com... > My journal entries disappeared when I updated to Office 2007. What can I > do? All your other data is there, just no Journal entries? Did you check to see what view you have applied to the Journal? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm ...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

Calculating Date Fields
I have a document that is filled with FormFields and users go from field to field filling the fields for a final document. I have been reading up on 'calculated dates' but have not seen a scenario like this. Three of my formfields are "Date1", "Date2" and "Date180." What I am trying to figure out is how to evaluate/compare Date1 and Date2 to see which is the earliest and then provide in Date180 the date 180 days from the earliest date. (Unless the form is blank there will always be a Date1, but there may not be a Date2 and if Date2 exist...