Field names from SOP10100 table

Hello,

While troubleshoot a problem for a customer, we found these field names from
SOP10100 table 'TXENGCLD', 'BCKTXAMT', and 'OBTXAMT'. Is there a way to find
out what are these fields for?

For future reference, is there a way to find out what each abbr. field from
GP table mean?

Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
0
Nikki (101)

Hi Nikki,

Here is what they stand for...

Tax Engine Called
Backout Tax Amount
Originating Backout Tax Amount

This information is available in the resources descriptions.  double click
on the table when you find it and it will list all of the field names.

Now, as for how these fields function... I have no clue. I have come accross
them before and my inquiries were inconclusive.

Hope that helps a little.

--
Matt Wisner
Interdyn-Prodata
mwisner at interdyn-prodata.com

"Nikki" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> While troubleshoot a problem for a customer, we found these field names from
> SOP10100 table 'TXENGCLD', 'BCKTXAMT', and 'OBTXAMT'. Is there a way to find
> out what are these fields for?
>
> For future reference, is there a way to find out what each abbr. field from
> GP table mean?
>
> Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
Hi Matt,

Oh, i see! Didn't know we can drill into the table details from Resources
Description. Thank you so much for the helpful tip!!!

Best Regards,
Nikki

"Matt Wisner" wrote:

> Hi Nikki,
>
> Here is what they stand for...
>
> Tax Engine Called
> Backout Tax Amount
> Originating Backout Tax Amount
>
> This information is available in the resources descriptions.  double click
> on the table when you find it and it will list all of the field names.
>
> Now, as for how these fields function... I have no clue. I have come accross
> them before and my inquiries were inconclusive.
>
> Hope that helps a little.
>
> --
> Matt Wisner
> Interdyn-Prodata
> 405-840-0461
> mwisner at interdyn-prodata.com
>

> "Nikki" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > While troubleshoot a problem for a customer, we found these field names from
> > SOP10100 table 'TXENGCLD', 'BCKTXAMT', and 'OBTXAMT'. Is there a way to find
> > out what are these fields for?
> >
> > For future reference, is there a way to find out what each abbr. field from
> > GP table mean?
> >
> > Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
0
Nikki (101)
5/15/2008 10:18:01 PM
Nikki,

I did a whole presentation on this at a recent SQL Saturday. The
Powerpoint and resources from that are at DynamicAccounting.net.

Mark

On May 15, 6:18 pm, Nikki <Ni...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Oh, i see! Didn't know we can drill into the table details from Resources
> Description. Thank you so much for the helpful tip!!!
>
> Best Regards,
> Nikki"Matt Wisner" wrote:
> > Hi Nikki,
>
> > Here is what they stand for...
>
> > Tax Engine Called
> > Backout Tax Amount
> > Originating Backout Tax Amount
>
> > This information is available in the resources descriptions.  double click
> > on the table when you find it and it will list all of the field names.
>
> > Now, as for how these fields function... I have no clue. I have come accross
> > them before and my inquiries were inconclusive.
>
> > Hope that helps a little.
>
> > --
> > Matt Wisner
> > Interdyn-Prodata
> > 405-840-0461
> > mwisner at interdyn-prodata.com
>
> > "Nikki" wrote:
>
> > > Hello,
>
> > > While troubleshoot a problem for a customer, we found these field names from
> > > SOP10100 table 'TXENGCLD', 'BCKTXAMT', and 'OBTXAMT'. Is there a way to find
> > > out what are these fields for?
>
> > > For future reference, is there a way to find out what each abbr. field from
> > > GP table mean?
>
> > > Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!

0
mpolino (496)
5/16/2008 11:05:58 AM
Tax engine called is a flag that is marked after GP first calculates the
sales taxes for the document.  This prevents the software from overwriting
any manual changes to tax amounts entered by the user.

The Backout Tax Amount is a non-US function of VAT (I think) and the
Originating Backout  Tax Amount is the original value in the originating
currency befory multi-currency applies its adjustments.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Matt Wisner" wrote:

> Hi Nikki,
>
> Here is what they stand for...
>
> Tax Engine Called
> Backout Tax Amount
> Originating Backout Tax Amount
>
> This information is available in the resources descriptions.  double click
> on the table when you find it and it will list all of the field names.
>
> Now, as for how these fields function... I have no clue. I have come accross
> them before and my inquiries were inconclusive.
>
> Hope that helps a little.
>
> --
> Matt Wisner
> Interdyn-Prodata
> 405-840-0461
> mwisner at interdyn-prodata.com
>

> "Nikki" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > While troubleshoot a problem for a customer, we found these field names from
> > SOP10100 table 'TXENGCLD', 'BCKTXAMT', and 'OBTXAMT'. Is there a way to find
> > out what are these fields for?
> >
> > For future reference, is there a way to find out what each abbr. field from
> > GP table mean?
> >
> > Any helps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance!
0
info4071 (3004)

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

Sendinng mail showing a different sender's name
Hi, At my work, we use Outlook 2000. I have my normal email mailbox address andre@companyname.com , but I also have access to another mailbox "info@companyname.com" When I send emails, the mesage always automatically shows the sender as "andre@companyname.com" Is there a way to set the default sender to "info@companyname.com " so that the receiver sees that name and not "andre". I do not want to individually modify each email sent using the "FROM" feature, as this would be time consuming. In my Outlook on my personnal computer, I know h...

Importing spreadsheet to a table from a button?
We recieve information atleast once a week if not more. Instead of having to import the table manualy into a already existing table I was wanting to know if there would be anyway that I could just go to a form that contains a button that says "Import" or whatever we decided to label it as and when you select the button, it will have a code or command (I figure a code will need to be wrote) to just go and import the data straight to the table without going through the wizard or anything else. Although if the wizard did have to be used it wouldn't be that big of a deal. If anyon...

Extracting a column from a named range
Dear all, I have named a range "Scores" across 3 sheets (i.e. Sheet1:Sheet3!$A$1:$B$10). How can I find the median of values in "Scores" in Sheet1 ONLY? I don't know how to provide the target range in the function MEDIAN(). Best Regards, Andy Chan On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 19:24:06 +0800, "Andy Chan" <chankhandy-msnewsgroup@yahoo.com.hk> wrote: >Dear all, > > I have named a range "Scores" across 3 sheets (i.e. >Sheet1:Sheet3!$A$1:$B$10). How can I find the median of values in "Scores" >in Sheet1 ONLY? I don...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

Beware MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder Table Corruption after upgrading from 1.3 to 2.0
RMS didn't correctly create the information in the MatrixAttributeDisplayOrder table when upgrading from version 1.3 to 2.0 (unless you applied hot fix 2.0.0110 or later before you upgraded the 1.3 database). The above doesn't affect the actual matrix component items them selves but it does affect the matrix attributes. It will duplicate quite a few dimension attributes and it will delete some as well. We upgraded RMS shortly after 2.0 was released (8 months ago?) and originally thought that this was caused by user errors. But when I finally realized the scope of the problem ...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

Lookup and tables
Orientation of collector Tilt of collector South SE/SW E/W NE/NW North Horizontal 933 933 933 933 933 30 degrees 1042 997 886 762 709 45 degrees 1023 968 829 666 621 60 degrees 960 900 753 580 485 Vertical 724 684 565 427 360 I need to make it so Excel will Lookup a piece of data in the above table when someone writes in the Tilt of the collector in one cell, and the orientation in another. IE Tilt of collector: 30 Orientation ...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

Create Named Range for each unique value
Hi! All help is welcome here... Am really stuck. What I have is a list of room numbers. Many appear multiple times i column A, but it will always be sorted. What I need is a way to easily create Named Ranges for each group of rooms. (ie all rows with value 1 becomes one named range, rows with value 5 becomes one named range and so on) Range Name should prefereable be same a room name. Would like the code to go through column A and create ranges for each unique value. (could also have a "supporting" sheet with uniqe values if necessary) Any takers? If the valu...

League table automatic sort/update
Hi All I'm just getting up to speed with Excel and as an exercise I'm trying to implement a simple league table. What I'd like to know is how to create 'dynamically' a ranking table like the one shown below. Pos Player Points 1 Tom 124 2 Linda 122 3 Harry 107 4 Jayne 100 4 Bob 100 5 Steve 89 6 Mark 88 7 John 80 8 Angie 77 9 Andrew 71 The table is sorted on the points column, the values for which are referenced from another sheet. Ideally I'd Like the table to be sorted automatically as players points total change(based on calculations In another sheet). ...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

How do give each datapoint a separate name/label in a scatter char
I am attempting to graph job growth and absolute employment (x and y axis respectively) for 64 cities. How do I put the city name next to that data point. For example, Atlanta has averaged 1.6% job growth and 37,000 new jobs per year. 1.6% is the x axis value, 37,000 is the Y axis value, but I would like to label the data point "Atlanta". This allows me to compare Atlanta's growth with the other 63 cities. Please let me know if this is possible. Check out Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j-walk.com). -- Reg...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

How to turn off automatic links when generating table of contents
This is the first time I have seen this happen. After selecting different levels for section titles in a document I generated the table of contents. Usually I can scroll through the table and edit entries if needed, but this table the mouse pointer turns to the finger pointer and when I click it takes me to that section title (normally I have to hold the Ctrl key and click). How can I change this so I can click in the table and not go to whatever section title? Thanks for the assistance! This is an Options setting. You don't say what version of Word you have, but in W...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...