Field Level Security not on Menu

I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the
menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in.

Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced
Security.

Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003.
0
kka1 (16)

kka, yes, Field Level Security is an exra-cost option.

Frank Hamelly, MCP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)
4/18/2007 3:16:19 PM
KKA,

Your Dynamics.set File must have a Dictionary
3104
Advanced Security
as one of the product.

Uou must have licesence keys to use it. as Frank Said.

Note: License keys for Advance and Field Level Security are Different.

Hope this helps ;-))

Akram.

"kka" wrote:

> I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the
> menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in.
>
> Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced
> Security.
>
> Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003.
0
Akram1 (98)
4/18/2007 3:48:36 PM
When I look at the "Advanced Security" manual, FLS was included like part of
the "Advanced Security" function.
Now it is cleared!

Thanks!

"Akram" wrote:

> KKA,
>
> Your Dynamics.set File must have a Dictionary
> 3104
> Advanced Security
> as one of the product.
>
> Uou must have licesence keys to use it. as Frank Said.
>
> Note: License keys for Advance and Field Level Security are Different.
>
> Hope this helps ;-))
>
> Akram.
>

> "kka" wrote:
>
> > I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the
> > menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in.
> >
> > Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced
> > Security.
> >
> > Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003.
0
kka1 (16)
4/18/2007 5:46:29 PM
Yes, the doc is in the same manual.  Under the module pricing model, Field
Level Security and Advanced Security are priced separately.  If you upgrade
to Business Ready Licensing, you will get both in the Advanced Management
option.
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"kka" wrote:

> When I look at the "Advanced Security" manual, FLS was included like part of
> the "Advanced Security" function.
> Now it is cleared!
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Akram" wrote:
>
> > KKA,
> >
> > Your Dynamics.set File must have a Dictionary
> > 3104
> > Advanced Security
> > as one of the product.
> >
> > Uou must have licesence keys to use it. as Frank Said.
> >
> > Note: License keys for Advance and Field Level Security are Different.
> >
> > Hope this helps ;-))
> >
> > Akram.
> >

> > "kka" wrote:
> >
> > > I tried to locate the "Field Level Security" option, but it is not on the
> > > menu, Tools>Set Up> System, even with the sa log in.
> > >
> > > Is it a separate module that need to be purchased? We are using the Advanced
> > > Security.
> > >
> > > Our server spec is GP9.0, SQL Server 2005, Win 2003.
0
info4071 (3004)

Pivot Table Calculated field #3
I have a pivot table with columns for No's, Yes's and Grand Total. I would like to calculate the % of Yes's by dividing the Yes's by the Grand total. Can someone give me an easy explanation of how to do that or a source? I have tried every thing I can think of and the directions I have found have not helped.... Thanks, Ann To calculate total percent Yes, you could use the GETPIVOTDATA function in a formula outside the pivot table. For example: =GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5,"Valid","Yes")/GETPIVOTDATA("Region",$A$5) MOE wrote: &g...

validate a field based on sum of other fields
I have to assign commission to agents for each "order". I can have anywhere from 1 agent at 100% commission to 5 agents with every possible combination of percentages. Obviously, I need the percentage entries to only add up to 100 and I'd like to force the user to adjust the figures until they total 100. Firstly, am I right in assuming it would be better to be assigning the agents to the orderIDs in separate records: OrderID, Agent, Agent Percentage (as opposed to having one record contain the OrderID, Agent1, Agent1Percentage, Agent2, Agent2Percentage, Agent3, Agent3Pe...

Locking Field position on screen.
I have created a simple form in Word 2007 with maybe 2 or 3 fields across and 3 or 4 fields down, but my problem is I would like to be able to lock the field positions in place on the screen. When I type in a field, the field to the left moves. I need to lock the position. Can this be done. Frank Most forms designers put form fields in table cells of a fixed dimension. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Francis Cunningham, Jr." <FrancisCunninghamJr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

scripto to cut/paste to next field
Here is my situation: 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the page (field that has text in it) 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’ action), and pastes Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that may solve the above? -- Boris "BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com... > Here is my situation: > > 1...

text field to date field field
I have a database that has a text field called "visit" it has been filled with data ie., " 6/22/07 - not good, " the field may also be blank or it may contain random text after the date. In some cases no date at all just text. I would like to create a new field called DateVisit that contains just the dates that were entered in the field "visit" it has been a struggle and I have made no progress please help abbenj@verizon.net/nospam From your description, the field might contain a date, or a date and text, or text, or nothing. How would you explai...

When printing a contact the other field (Notes) get cut off
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. <br> I have tried this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried a different printer also. Please help On 3/10/10 12:47 PM, mwilshrie@officeformac.com wrote: > Also when just viewing the contact in the address book. I have tried > this on two different macbook pro's and the issue is the same. Tried > a different printer also. Please help Can you post a picture of what you're de...

Changing Security Role Settings
Hi, Currently our security role settings allow users to be able to delete activities. I want to change this so that they cannot delete any activities. However, having made the changes the users that already had activities scheduled can no longer enter the sales module as they get the general error message � an error has occurred contact your system administrator. However, for a new user that does not have any activities scheduled yet the security changes work as required. Does anyone know of a way to successfully change the security settings for existing users? Thanks Lee Hi Lee, Normall...

user security in VBA
Hello: At a workstation, I put in VBA code to do such things as disable the Print Check button in the Payables Transaction Entry window if a Batch ID does not exist. Also, I put in code to prompt and force the user to put in a Distribution Reference in the Distribution window in payables. This worked for that user. And, keep one other thing in my mind. This user did not have access to the modified payables windows and did not need it. The user quit and moved on to another place of employment. Someone else came along to take her place at that workstation. Hence, a new user ID was ...

Form Fields In Outlook Template
Help !!! I'm not a developer, just a user, but I need some help. What I want to do is create an Outlook 2003 template, that uses form fields (Text, drop down boxes, etc.....) However, it looks like to properly create an Outlook template, you cannot use Word as your editor. But if I do not use Word as the editor, then I cannot access the Form Toolbar. This cannot be a new request - but I just cannot seem to figure this out. Help !!! Thank you See my response to your other post on this issue.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart...

Watch this security package
--qxfncehuz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="tmvectzjuxpn"; type="multipart/alternative" --tmvectzjuxpn Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="znptftldfjlv" --znptftldfjlv Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS User this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the security of you...

Default fields in new fields
Using Outlook 2K When creating a new mail folder, it does not include the Subject and Received fields necessitating their having to be added every time. How can I get this to revert to the default fields? Thanks, Cathy ...

multiple critera for one field in a query
Hi, i am trying to get a count of a certain criteria but in different columns. Its hard to explain, but assume i have a table which consists of... A 550 B 600 C 20 A 100 C 75 B 120 D 390 Then in a query I am trying to have the result of: Over 500 Over 100 Over 25 Under 25 A 1 1 0 0 B 1 1 0 0 C 0 0 1 1 D 0 1 0 0 The way i have done...

required fields
Hello: Through either VBA or Modifier, is it possible to make a field that is required in Great plains by design to not be required but be optional instead? I doubt it. The best that I could come up with was to just have VBA fill the required field with a "dummy" piece of information and move on. Any other ideas? I suppose the only other way is through Dexterity. The field is the "Interview Range from 1 to" in the HR Interview Setup window. I just decided to have VBA fill it with "01". Thanks! childofthe1980s You are right, fields Required by GP cann...

How do I put Advanced Find into the context Menu
Hello, In Outlook 2007 MS removed the find function from the right click context menu and hid it in the menus at the top. I won't use the Desktop Search tool because I hate it. Is there anyway to put the anvanced find back into the outlook context menu? Thanks "Gilgamesh" <gilgamesh@dont.spam.me> wrote in message news:#q6NFMo4JHA.4272@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > In Outlook 2007 MS removed the find function from the right click context > menu and hid it in the menus at the top. It's not "hidden" here - it's staring me right in the ...

IV00102 Fields
These four fields are set to zero when I create a new item and assign it to a location. However, when I look at the table descriptions zero is not a valid value for any of them. Are these four fields currently used for anything or are they there for future use? This currently is GP10 SP3. 1) IV00102.REPLENISHLEVEL 2) IV00102.POPVENDORSELECTION 3) IV00102.POPPRICINGSELECTION 4) IV00102.PICKTICKETITEMOPT Rich, Replenishment Level is the default replenishment level for POP Auto Generator. Values are 1, 2 and 3. 1 for Order point QTy, 2 for order upto level, 3 for vendor EoQ. If these fiel...

Field by Field Comparison
I have two tables with the exact same column names. I want to do a field by field comparison of the two tables. If one letter or number is off in any field, I would like for the whole record to show up in my query. I can only figure out how to show records which are equal. I would like to show records which are not equal. Is there a query criteria or something where I can perform this? Thanks. Do a UNION query. Create a query that lists all the field in one table. Then open that query in SQL view. At the end of the SQL, delete the semicolon ";". At the...

splitting a field into two fields; one in ()
I have a Name field in my database that is LastName,FirstName(dept). I have figured out how to split last name and first name but I don't know how to leave out the department name that is in () after the first name. Any suggestions? Quick and Dirty way to get the field down to just LastName,Firstname is to use the following as an expression in a query: LastFirst:Left([Name],Instr([Name],"(")-1) This should give you all of the characters to the left of the opening parenthesis. You could then apply your method for splitting the First and Last Names. HTH ...

Owner draw menu does not call DrawItem
When a user right clicks in the view I display a context menu with TrackPopupMenu. This context menu is derived from CMenu and has owner draw items on it. The menu's parent is the view. When I run it in the debugger the view calls CWnd::OnMeasureItem which calls MeasureItem in my menu class. I fill in the itemWidth and itemHeight members. However the framework doesn't then go and call either: OnDrawItem in my view class or Cwnd::OnDrawItem or DrawItem in my menu class I am using Microsft Visual Studio 2005. I wrote a noddy program because the mechanism appears broken in a more comp...

Joining fields into one field dependent on value of another field
Hi, Below is a sample of data of a query which I need assistance in - Group Fertiliser ApplicationRate 1 TSP 3 2 EFB 230 3 Kies. 3 4 EFB 230 4 Kies. 3 5 TSP 3 5 Kies. 3 7 EFB 230 7 TSP 3 7 Kies. 3 >From this, I would like to create a field such that it shows eg. Group FertiliserDescription 1 TSP (3) 2 EFB (230) 3 Kies. (3) 4 EFB (230), Kies(3) 7 EFB(230),TSP(3),Kies(3) I am able to put Fertiliser and ApplicationRate together ie. Fertiliser& "(" &ApplicationRate& ")" My problem being how to add a statement saying th...

How to set color of field?
In ObjectPal I used the 'Arrive' event to set the color of a field or a record in a child table. This allowed the color to vary from one record to the next in a datasheet view. In Access, the 'On Current' event only works in form view. It doesn't work in datasheet view. The 'Format' event is only available in Report objects. The 'Conditional' format only allows three alternatives. How can Access vary colors from one record to the next in a datasheet, or datasheet-like view? "WDSnews" <wdsnews.0640@oregoncity.com> wrot...

Null Field to Interupt Closing
I am using this code to check for blank fields in BeforeUpdate: If NZ(Trim(Me!Date),vbnullstring) = vbnullstring then Msgbox "PLEASE ENTER DATE",,"Missing date" Me!Date.setfocus Cancel = True Exit Sub End if It almost works, except the form goes ahead and closes anyway. The user clicks the close button and the message box pops up if the field is empty, they click OK and instead of keeping the form open and then setting focus on the empty field, it closes the form. How can I get it to interupt the close and keep the form open? Thank you in advance for any...

Hover buttons not loading quickly & Java Security Warning
Hi, I am pulling my hair out over this one! I'll be most grateful for any help. Here is the beginning of my new site: http://www.johnblaustein.com/web3/ You will notice that when the splash page transitions to the home.html page, the link images do not load immediately. I used FP2003's hover buttons for the links. The reason I want to use images instead of text for the links is so that the size of the links won't change if the user adjusts those browser settings. Can someone tell me why the buttons are loading so slowly? I suspect it is because the browse...

Problem with after update code in field that disables another field
Hi I want to be able to disable the Non Member field in a record when something is entered in the Member field. Unfortunately, the code I am usng below disables the Non Member field in *all* records, and the database has to be closed and reopened to get round this before data entry can continue. I'd be grateful if someone could show me the correction, Thanks. Private Sub Member_AfterUpdate() If Not IsNull([Member]) Then Me![Non Members].Enabled = False Else Me![Non Members].Enabled = True End If End Sub Sam, You need to put that same code in on the OnCurrent event of the form...

Field name derived from a string value returns a Run-time error 2465.
I have two labels on a form and want to populate them during the run time of my form. The name of the labels are "1" the other is called "2" (without the quotes of course). Field 1 runs OK but two returns a run-time error 2465. Of course, the real form is much bigger. A lot of fields called 1 through 31 are populated from within a loop. To simplify my question I down sized this post to two label fields. Any one know how to solve the problem with label "2"? Any help or hint is appreciated. ' This works OK Me![1].Caption = "abc"...

Values in Pay To Field
How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them In microsoft.public.money, Mike McLellan wrote: >How do I remove values from the Pay To list? Through syncing with my PDA, a >number of the valkues have become corrupted and I want to remove them Go to Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Payees, right-click a Payee and select Delete the selected Payee from the drop-list. Alternatively use the Delete button at the bottom to deleted the selected Payee from the drop-list....