Feedback on GP Time and Attendance

I am looking for some feedback on GP 9 / BP 3 version of Time and
Attendance. We are using non Payroll, Canadian version, of GP Time and
Attendance and we are experiencing many limitations.

What is your experience with this product?
Any other similar product you'd recommend?

Thanks in advance,
Bruno

0
bnemani (3)

GP calculates new depreciation on a fully depreciated asset
We performed a mass change on a class of assets to change the Class ID and GL account number. After the mass change completed, we ran depreciation for the month, and some of the assets that were included in the mass change that were fully depreciated now show an amount in the Current Depreciation field (flagged as Y for Fully Depreciated and NBV shows as $0). A depreciation amount was also sent to the GL as part of the depreciation batch. We tried this in our TEST environment successfully. Does anyone know how this could have happened - that GP calculated and assigned a depre...

Time format for workschedule
Hi, I'm looking for some help I'm looking to calculate timesheets, but instead of 2:15 in format of 2 hours 15 minutes, I'm looking to save as 2.25 where it's 2 hours and 0.25 hours I would take calculations from Cell A1 as start time of 8:00 AM and Cell A2 end time of 10:15 AM and result in Cell A3. any suggestions? Lifegaurd =(A2*24)-(A1*24) formatted as 'general' -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Lifeguard" <Lifeguard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF061C3...

Scroll bar
I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser who is unfamilier with my appliaction that there is no further text below the visable. Is there a way of making the verticle scroll bars appear all the time? RitchieJHicks wrote: > I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. > > At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the > scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser > who is ...

can excel be a time clock or stop watch?
I have a project that I can't understand. I am tring to create a sign in and out workbook for my volunteers time totals. the volunteers will type in their names and click in and out. I want to make Excel keep track of the time, dates and volunteer names. is this possible? I want excel to also display the date and time on a top sheet. Am I asking to much out of what excel can do? This may be the answer you are looking for: http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC060796661033&CTT=6&Origin=RP060796671033 It takes you thru a little traing session that seems t...

Performance feedback
I'm just curious to know what type of performance people are getting with CRM. What would you recommend as a real spec? We have a P4, 512ram, IDE with only a few users, and it seems kind of slow. Screens take a while to display sometimes. What does it take to have a snappy CRM system? John, I have CRM 1.2 running on SBS2003 in a virtual machine. It has 550MB allocated and is running on an P4 XP workstation with a 3Ghz processor. Performance is very good with this setup as long as you avoid running reports and changing the security roles. Response time depends on which CRM task you...

Calculating diff between date/ time only between certain hours 03-01-10
I am trying to find the diff in hours only between 8:00 and 17:00 Monday to Friday only, any hours that fall outside of that time frame should not be counted. Each calculation will have different dates so if there is a way to do this without specifying the date that would be great! 2/19/2010 16:00 2/22/2010 9:00 ??? Thanks for any assistance you can offer! Hi there GMv1, Assuming "2/19/2010 16:00" is in cell A1 and "2/22/2010 9:00" is in cell B1. The formulae in cell C1 would be as follows : =INT((B1-A1)*24) Let us know if this helps yo...

TIME LINE?
For simplicity's sake, let's say I have 3 tasks that overlap in terms of the time that they will take to complete. I will work on Task 1 from August 1 to August 20; Task 2 from August 15 through August 31; and Task 3 from August 5th through August 19th. I would like a graph that shows three horizontal bars, each a different color, neither of the bars on top of the other (so that I can see each of the three bars). I want the dates in August on the x axis and the bars to extend across their corresponding date range. Can this be done? How would I format the data for the chart. ...

Personalized Feedback bug?
I noticed a bug with the Personalized Feedback. It started in version 2003 and continues in version 2004. When you have Personalized Feedback turned on (Options menu) you get the spending thermometers in your registry (checkbook...whatever). However, as soon as you go view your Portfolio, and return to the registry, the spending thermometer will not appear again until you close and reopen Money. Can anyone else confirm or refute this? Scott -- "I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant." I can ...

GP 10.0
Hello All Some users are not able to view any vendor records in the payables transaction inquiry vendor window (including sa). I've checked the security settings of the affected users (and sa) & even marked/unmarked the security tasks within each role. I've even assigned the POWERUSER role to the users without any luck. I've also gone down the road of creating a new user ID with the same security settings but even this user is not able to see any data records. Has anobody else encountered this problem & resolved it? Thanks Hi, Run Check Links...Dro...

Money Feedback
I don't know if anyone from Microsoft is monitoring this group but I've got some feedback about the product and can't locate a formal method to do so either within the product or on microsoft.com's various money sites.. I just switched from Quicken and BTW congratulations on the quicken file import. It wasn't perfect but very impressive compared to the last time I tried it which was an utter and complete failure.. Next.. Microsoft Money is.... well... pretty.. but I find the design cumbersome and difficult to use. The page-oriented design, obviously a result ...

GP 9 Web Service Authentication
What authentication method will be used for the web services included in the GP 9 "extensions" release? Also, will some of the extensions be targeted at inventory, or basically mirror the current eConnect functionality? Thanks. "S Abady" wrote: > What authentication method will be used for the web services included in the > GP 9 "extensions" release? Also, will some of the extensions be targeted at > inventory, or basically mirror the current eConnect functionality? > Thanks. Hi, The Web Services with the extensions release will actually use N...

returning a value from a date/time picker
Hi all, I would like to know how to retrieve a value from a date/time picker that I have inserted as an OLE Object into my document via this line: ActiveDocument.Tables(iTableCount).Rows(1).Cells(2).Range. _ InlineShapes.AddOLEControl(ClassType:="MSComCtl2.DTPicker.2") I cannot seem to fathom it out so any help would be appreciated! Many thanks for looking Once a DTPicker is in the document it is listed as an object in the ThisDocument code module. You can access all its events there. To get the value use: MsgBox ThisDocument.DTPicker1.Value Obviously, if ...

Document Imaging in GP
Does anyone have a document imaging solution that works with GP effectively? We have thousands of paper documents we want to make electronic & need a solution to interact with GP such that records can be referenced from / linked to those in GP. We just demo'd 4 of the products out there and the one that looks like it offers the best frunctionaltiy and is most user friendly is Kwiktag. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com If you don't mind sharing, what are the othe...

Outlook 2003 hangs at times
Hello! I have a client with Outlook 2003 that seems to hang randomly. I have an analyze "OUTLOOK.EXE.mdmp" and an analyze "OUTLOOK.EXE.hdmp" file, but could not find any tools to debug the dump files. I know how to do it with XP memory dumps, but not with Outlook. Anyone know how and willing to share? Gregg Hill Have you exhausted all other forms of troubleshooting? Like disabling addins and testing a new profile? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlo...

Convert Serial number to Time
Can someone pleae show me how to convert a decimal number to time in VBA 0.249999999966667 = 6:00:00 Thanks In advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Use "Format" "Cells" on the number tab choose "Time" "mudraker >" <<mudraker.10evqd@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:mudraker.10evqd@excelforum-nospam.com... > Can someone pleae show me how to convert a decimal number to time in > VBA > > 0.249999999966667 = 6:00:00 > > Thanks In advance > > > --- > Message posted from http:/...

Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 1
Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? No there is not. Also there is no plan to change the current behavior. "mdrewes" wrote: > Is there a way to turn off the multiple / separate windows is GP 10.0? I > have several users that are confused and overwhelmed by having multiple > windows open up. Is there any way to enable/disable this feature? Hence the word Windows Hence the word "windows&q...

Time Zone problems at some CRM 3.0 Outlook clients
Hi All, I am facing a problems at my office. When some of the Outlook Offline Clients schedule their appointments in outlook the record which system keeps in CRM Database changes the time of these appointments. I believe some Time Zone difference is creating all this problem, but i have verified it on both Server and Client end. And time zone for both locations is same. If someone can hint something it will be highly appriciated. Regards, Usman Manzoor Hi mani, I would go into the Browser and goto settings > BusinessUnit Settings > Users. Highlight a user and goto the Tools &...

Customization of Dynamics GP 10.0
Hi All, I have some questions regarding customization of Dynamics GP 10.0 =A7 What is the future of customization of Dynamics GP in terms of Customization Tools available? Microsoft launched Dynamic GP 10.0 with Dexterity's new version, as a core development / native language of Dynamics GP. Is there any news/information that Microsoft will replace Dexterity with Visual Studio dot Net or Microsoft will recommend Dynamics GP customization in Visual Studio dot Net in it's future releases? =A7 Anybody have information about launching Visual Studio Tools for Dynamics G...

warehouse management for GP
Hello there, we are looking for new warehouse management software to integrate with GP. We currently use maximum data to receive new product and fulfill sales orders but are very unhappy with the speed and accuracy. I am soliciting feedback on suitable solutions to support 15+ barcode scanning "guns" in a 20,000 square foot warehouse. Any ideas are greatly appreciated, Jason Call me....I need a little more information about your operation. Warehouse management is what I do. 321-277-1341 -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software ...

RMS GP Integration
I have RMS server on it SQL 2000 And MS Dynamics GP server on it SQL 2005 I need to make clustering using the two servers and just install SQL 2005 engine So can i use SQL 2005 engine with RMS (Store & HQ) DB? If I can ,from where can i get the MSDE 2005 to install on the stores? And is it recommended to make RMS & GP on the same server? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04E6_01C6CAFA.7D909560 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Eng, 1.3.1002 (1.3R) or higher is the version of RMS you w...

GP account security
Does anyone know the ability to assign accounts on the chart of accounts to specific users via account security is available in the core GP system or does it require the purchase of an additional module? We are interested in deploying this functionality for Business Portal requisition management users so that only a set of specific accounts are available for individual requisitioners to code to. Thanks, -- Mike G ...

microsoft feedback request ?
Good Morning. I rcvd an e-mail today w/ subject Microsoft Dynamics requests your feedback. The sender is support@walkerinfo.com Did anyone else rcv this survey request? Is it legit? Normally I would expect Microsoft to send an e-mail initially advising that they have contracted a firm to do a survey? Thx for any info you can provide. Maria. ...

Year End Closing Checklist for GP 10
Hi, Some people have mentioned there is 30+ pages document about closing. Has anyone the link? Should I be concerned for not having installed SP1? TIA and Regards -- Arturo Medina Best Integration Systems Arturo, You will most likely want to follow KB article 850151 in order to perform your year end closing on v10. The articles generally compile more information than that available in the documentation, since they include last minute "gotchas". As for SP1, the only time you should be concerned is if you don't have a backup of your data prior to executing the year-en...

Why might some 'times' be sub-type 5 and some be sub-type 8?
Anyone have a possible explaination as to why I seem to be getting an inconsistent format on a column of times. I am downloading data from a active server web page that gives me data in excel format. The data I get is various columns of numbers , text and what looks like some times. The problem is that in my time column some of the rows are variable sub-type 5 (vbDouble) and some are variable sub-type 8 (vbString). This is producing problems for my code which is expecting all vbString type data. In general might someone think of a reason why some times come out type 5 and some ty...

Feedback to Microsoft
Does anyone know if MS takes feedback for correcting errors for its office suite? I found a tiny mistake with Word 2007. When you hover over the Grow Font button on the Home ribbon, it shows a shortcut key of Ctrl + >. When the shortcut key is actually Ctrl + Shift + >. I know it is minor but it may help someone along the way. They amount to the same thing, as Ctrl+> is actually Ctrl+Shift+Period. You can't type > without pressing Shift. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Hub...