FA Module not retiring properly

Anyone ever had a situation where you retire an asset and the FA module
produces a journal entry that doesn't balance by less than 0.01?

Contact list
Many of us have had problems with the contact list in Outlook. When choosing an address for the TO field, some of us can access a contact list or personal address book and some can't. Others have multiple contact lists showing - many of them blank - after exporting the contact list when Outlook didn't import the PAB as is should have. And we can't get rid of the blank ones - even when we delete them manually they still show up. Also, some people can sort their lists by first or last name right from the list box. Others have to set it to one or another but then Outlook reverts ...

FA Installation
how do we install FA (Fixed Assets) on an environment with GP8, SP5 and AA latest Hot Fix? my concern is after installing FA from the CD, should I reaply GP8 SP5 (on all workstation)? will it 'roll-back' the AA HF and I have to re-apply them? You should reapply sp5 if you are installing FA from the CD. It will not rollback the hotfix for AA. ...

Auto Fill function in Excel 2007 not working properly
I cannot get the Auto Fill function to increase values in a series, and I feel certain I'm doing it right: First, I tried typing a series of values in a column like this: Cell A1, I typed 1. Cell B1, I typed 2. Then, I selected both cells with the mouse, and then moved to the lower right corner of Cell B1 and left-clicked and held the mouse button down. Then I dragged the mouse button down several columns. The little pop-up message seemed to indicate that it was repeating 1, 2, 1, 2. When I released the mouse button, it had actually filled a 1 in each cell! After several ...

Chart Class Module/follow on question to hyperlink post earlier.
I will need to create a class module to handle the multiple chart linking I need. However, on the other worksheets there are other charts that I do not want this module to be active for. Example: Consolidated Sheet Charts 1-10 I will need the class module to work with these charts. Individual Sheet Charts 1-3. The class module should not be active. Can I turn the class module on and off? These charts are all auto generated (both on the individual sheets and the consolidated). My printer ran out of paper and I didn't realize I didn't have the full article. You can disr...

PA and FA
Project Accounting and Fixed Assets do not integrate. You can not enter an item in as a Purchase Order in Project Accounting and have it flow to Fixed Assets at this time. Please fix One option would be to go to the Security Setup and take security away from the Alternate Windows that are used by Project Accounting. By doing this to another login we can see the Capital Item box in Purchasing Item Detail Entry window. Fixed Assets Company Setup window must al be set to from the POP by receipt line. Note really an option, please fix ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mi...

reinstalling FA
Hello: The client is on 7.5 and has FA installed and it is running well. They are on a Terminal Server. Sometimes, the only way to get the Fixed Asset palettes to appear is to log out and log back in. Just a nuisance. Other than running grant70, I suppose a reinstallation of fixed assets can be done (using the wizard). Is that going to delete any data or cause any issues? childofthe1980s As long as you don't drop any of the FA tables, the reinstall will see the data and check the version to see if an upgrade is required. You should not have any issues with data. "childo...

invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL @ u17f:bff714ac
In search of Knowledge Base no applicable articles found. Outlook 2000 SP3 - in replying to email. While keying the reply, I get this error after 3-4 sentences. Happened two times in a row. I was having same trouble as well with kernel32.dll, explorer kept causing errors in kernel32.dll. To fix it I just renamed the hidden folder in windows named "APPLOG" to something different, like "APPLOG2" - not sure if this will help... all it does is recreate the files, which fixes any damaged ones. >-----Original Message----- >In search of Knowledge Base no applicab...

what da fa...
got a general question concerning the menus in all MS products. what's the logic used in categorizing the pull down menu topics found in VIEW vs FORMAT vs INSERT? For example, why is 'header footer' found in VIEW rather than INSERT? If you want to add a header, you're inserting. After many yrs of using MS products i and most people can kinda predict where the desired command would be located. But the options available in VIEW vs FORMAT vs INSERT doesnt seem logical. What u think? makes sense, see all clearly now, thanks. >-----Original Message----- >Actual...

Reconciliation between SOP Module and RM Module
Iam Looking a way to make a reconciliation monthly of the modules SOP,RM AND GL. Dynamics 6.0 have a option to do this or someone have a way to do this?? ...

Module "CarryOver" from Mr. Allen Browne
I copies and followed the instructions and installed the module from the site below: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-24.html It is not working and hangs at the very first 'Dim' statement which is Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Am I expected the modify the code here and anywhere else in the module? Please help. Thanking you in advance Leo Leo, Check your References make sure you have one set to the DAO x.x Object Library. Also make sure that none are MISSING. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, inform...

Error: Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found.
Gurus, Running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003/2007. Some of our secretarial users are tasked to look into their bosses Inbox, Contacts and Tasks. They do this by way of clicking File > Open > Other Users Folder. Sometimes ths works and sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't work they get the error: "Unable to display the folder. The Inbox folder cannot be found". I've determined that this is not a rights issue as all concerned users do have the proper rights to their bosses mailbox of "Full Control" and "Read". Even when I try it against th...

FA Retiring
I need to retire some fixed assets, but was wondering if it is possible to depreciate them one more time because we used them for most of the month.Can I depreciate all the assets, and then go back and retire them in that same month. And if so, what is the process to run it through the G/L? thank you, Sean Best practice is to run usual retirement process if the retirement date is prior to the current month's depreciation run. Your Asset's Book Averaging Convention will take care of the depreciation for the current month. Run GL posting only when all FA process has been comple...

Weekly Resource Utilization Report without Timesheet module?
We are considering dropping the timesheet module of PWA 2007 and was wondering if we would still be able to get a report out that would detail the number of hours used by a resource by project task and by week. My gut feel is that it should be able to, but not sure there are any canned reports that is available for this purpose within Resource Center or Project Center. Kahuna: you can get this from the OLAP cube using the MSP_Project_Timesheet cube. Understand that Project Managers can change actual work values in projects unless you lock down the system. So, your decision mus...

Modules
Why are new macros created on additional modules ? Is there a reason why all macros can't be on the same module ? -- Regards Ross Bennett Ross, The Macro Recorder tends to put recorded code in new modules. You can have as many macros in a single module as you please, up to a total number of lines of about 5000. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Ross Bennett" <ross@wightalminium.co.nz> wrote in message news:cNJBb.12416$ws.1181608@news02.tsnz.net... > Why are new macros created on additional module...

"Not enough system resources to display properly"...so now what?
I got this message while trying to create a huge workbook. Basically I had an array of 33,000 rows and 60 columns. 50 of the columns were calculationg all sort of things, tied to other cells, using if statements, etc. I knew I was creating a significantly sized workbook, but thought it would be ok. While dragging the final formulas in the array, the system nearly crashed and said "not enough system resources to display properly". Now I cannot even get back into excel and view the file to salvage it, and I haven't saved in a while... Is my computer the problem? I thought wi...

proper filter syntax for query-based DL
I want to have a query-based DL for people that are members of a certain security group. What is the proper syntax for the query? do I need to use the distinguished name? For example, I tried a custom filter of: Field>User>Member of>is (exactly)>cn=group name,OU=Security Groups,DC=domain,DC=com and it didn't work. does it need quotes? Can someone point me down the right path? I have had success with querying other AD attributtes like Office Location. Thanks, Rich Does not require quotes. In QBDL properties | query | modify | Exchange tab -> select "Users with ...

Business Portal: How to add modules
I installed the Business Portal 2.5 with Feature Pack. But I do not see all the modules on the top menu. I only see Sales, Inventory, Earnings. We do have access to other modules in Great plains like Finance, PO etc. so how do I add modules to Buniss portal. I appriciate your help. Thanks Hemant, Thanks for using the newgroup. I have seen similar behavior, and the fix was to do an "iisreset". The install attempts to reset IIS after all modules are installed, but if this fails, it must be done manually. Please try this and advise of the results. Thanks, Rob -- Rob Bernha...

IM FA with suffixes
I am trying to import assets using IM in GP 9.0 with some assets have the same ID but I have added a "2" to the suffix. It is giving me an error on a duplicate Book information. Any ideas why I can't import the suffix? Joanne Mahoney On May 6, 1:17=A0pm, Joanne <joanne.e.maho...@gmail.com> wrote: > I am trying to import assets using IM in GP 9.0 with some assets have > the same ID but I have added a "2" to the suffix. It is giving me an > error on a duplicate Book information. > > Any ideas why I can't import the suffix? > > Joanne Maho...

RETIREMENT INCOME FOR LIFE
RETIREMENT INCOME FOR LIFE http://retirementsolutions.blogspot.com/ ...

Outlook 2003 not closing properly
I don't know what it is, but i can never let Outlook close properly.. When i close it, i can still see the tray icon and when i open Task Manager it's still in the list.. Although when i try to open it by double clicking on the tray icon nothing happens.. How can i solve this problem? Thx in advance ! I have the same issue. Coupled with that, if I try to open up IE after closing Outlook, it hangs. If I open it up while Outlook 2003 is running, everything is fine, but if I close Outlook, any IE window opened after that hangs. Do you have the IE issue? Ross >-----Origin...

Fixed Assets Module #2
I am new to this job and GP software. I need help understanding and resolving problem in fixed asset module. Setup: Each asset class has its own accumulated depreciation account in the G/ L. G/L account and asset class is correctly defined in the setup and individual asset window. Problem: Monthly depreciation amount is posted to wrong accumulated depreciation account in the G/L. The task on hand is to find out why and how the monthly depreciation amount is posted to wrong accumulated depreciation account in the G/ L. Can anyone help me? pb On Aug 29, 1:54=A0pm, Pratibha Bhat <findingp...

Super Easy Word Merge (Access module)
How is this issue resolved? I'm having the same 438 run-time error when I copy the 2 modules, 2 forms and add the MergeSingleWord code to a button in an existing form. thanks. p. On Jun 8 2006, 6:09 pm, "bobbyz" <robert.zollin...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi Albert, > > Thanks for the code, I think it will do exactly what I am looking for. > However, I get a: > > Run-time error '438': > Object doesn't support this property or method > > when clicking the command button on the line : > > fInStr(vText,Chr(34)) >0Then > > in th...

Exchange ActiveSync Issue and Proper Exchange OWA
Device - HP iPAQ 6315 latest Windows Mobile OS Tried so far - Already used Microsoft's KB Articles pertaining to ActiveSync issues, http://forums.msexchange.org/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=17;t=001147, Google Groups, PETRIL.CO.IL, etc...running out of options. Scenario: ---------- My Exchange Server's DEFAULT Web Site is where the Exchange components are installed - /Exchange is a virtual directory of the DEFAULT Web Site. I also renamed the default web site to mail.company.com (same name for host header - created CNAME in the public DNS which point to this level in IIS -...

Portfolio not updating stock prices properly
Some of my stocks in my portfolio do not update prices throughout the day. Some do, but most do not, including HD, T, ... ones that I know have the correct symbol inputted. For instance, at 7PM, when I look at my portfolio, most of the stocks list the days gain as unch, and still list yesterday's closing price (which didn't update until sometime late the night before). For those stocks, I never have a day's gain listed, because when the price finally updates, it's a new day!! Strange but true...any suggestions? I've had the same problem since last October except t...

which merge module has msvcp71.dll
hi, which merge module has msvcp71.dll, whichever one it is I need to add it to my installer, because otherwise the app I am building complains msvcp71.dll is missing. Thanks! vc_user_stl71_rtl_x86_---.msm "alexl" <alextheblade@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1122360935.394093.15790@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > which merge module has msvcp71.dll, whichever one it is I need to add > it to my installer, because otherwise the app I am building complains > msvcp71.dll is missing. > > Thanks! > ...