Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting

We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using
the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees.

Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute
delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This
occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for
anything and immediately attempt to delete it.

Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I
should look at to find what is causing this large pause?

--
Jim Rowley
Business Analyst II

Eamil account settings
In Outlook 2003 I have set up an email account with following settings which are causing a problem: Incoming Mail server (POP3) r252.easily.com Logon Information>User Name aless With these settings the account works fine but when I restart Outlook the settings have changed to the following: Incoming Mail server (POP3) Localhost Logon Information>User Name aless/r252.easily.com Now on doing Send/Receive I am repeatedly asked to put in a password for the user name aless/r252.easily.com - the password gets rejected and the dialog box remains open fo...

Deleted voucher no
It an user accidently deletes a voucher no with Document Type Invoice in Payable Management does that deleted voucher get stored in Dynamics GP Table? If so which table? Bruce, A delete is final. Out-of-the-box GP will not store deleted transactions anywhere, that's why there is a pop-up asking the user to confirm when deleting. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: http://www.victoriayudin.com "Bruce" <Bruce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6F3A...

Deleting a Command Bar 14May
Hi All, When learning about menus and command bars from Walkenbach's book, I set up one called "rmws1". I can't find the code that did it, probably forgot to use Temporary. I have others that delete properly @ the beforeclose event. I use excel 2002. I don't want it, and it keeps 'popping' up @ workbook open, and I delete it with: Application.CommandBars("rmws1").Delete but it still flashes on the screen first. Tried opening Excel10.xlb in the Excel folder, but I guess it's behind the scenes. How do I permane...

Problem with commas changing to semicolons in string
I am trying to create a routine that will populate the "To" field in a new emial with the names in a table. I have written the following routine to append all of the names in the table to a string, but when the string gets passed through the sendObject command it changes all of my commas to semicolons. The actual string parameter is OK, but for some reason I can't get it to show up correctly in the "TO" field. Example: ToList = "Doe, Jane; Smith, John" will show up as "Doe; Jane; Smith; John" in the "TO" field of Outlook. As you could imag...

Extremely slow in Outlook
We seem to be getting the same error in the application log: Event ID 9646 Mapi session "d974e0f5-57d0-4a9d-9b20-371fad6b5266" exceeded the maximum of 500 objects of type "objtFolder". The only problem is, we can't determine which account is causing this problem. Looks like a GUID. Any suggestion on finding out which account is giving problems? See if this helps: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;830836 -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www....

outlook deletes my attachment and i need help!! PLEASE
i have outlook express 6. but when i send a e-mail with a corel draw 11 att. outlook gives me a message and removes the att. but sends the message - without the att. any help would be appriciated cheers celliers are you sure it removes and just doesn't block access to? (see tools | options | security tab | and uncheck the second box from the top.) "celliers" <printshp@lantic.net> wrote in message news:0afc01c36c78$525c93a0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > i have outlook express 6. but when i send a e-mail with a > corel draw 11 att. outlook gives me a message and removes...

How to change the date format?
In cell A1, it is 10-Apr-2010, which is saturday. If I change the format type into dddd, then it will show Saturday. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to change the format into Traditional Chinese "星期六"? what is the format coding? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Hi Eric, Go to Tools>Options and select the "General" Tab then select the font your want at "standard font". The font you need is 'simsun', so please be sure to download it if you have not got it installed on your machine. Download the font here > htt...

Deleted folder coming back to haunt me!
Hi, have exchange 5.5. I have deleted a public folder yesterday. It's back today. Interestingly the deleted folder was a calendar folder. Today's is a mail and post folder. How do I permanently delete this folder? Any ideas or suggestions appreciated :-) Cheers Jonathan do you have some kind of replication that could have re-created it? maybe between Exchange orgs? "Jonathan Parminter" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05fe01c3d575$a853f3f0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, have exchange 5.5. > > I have deleted a public folder yesterd...

Deleting transactions
I need to start over on one of my 401k accounts and there are several hundred transactions; is there a way to delete more than one transaction at a time, or would it be easier and faster to just start a new account? Mike Raymer wrote: > I need to start over on one of my 401k accounts and there are several > hundred transactions; is there a way to delete more than one > transaction at a time, or would it be easier and faster to just start > a new account? I would just create a new account, then delete the old one when I was sure everything was copacetic. That way, you can go ...

reinstating deleting entourage calendar in ical
I deleted the entourage calendar in ical created through sync services, and have tried quite a few things but I may have messed with the schemas at one point. Any ideas how I can start again? Thanks On 9/22/06 4:19 AM, in article 1158923998.647968.205630@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com, "madebiru" <studio@gavinblue.com> wrote: > I deleted the entourage calendar in ical created through sync services, > and have tried quite a few things but I may have messed with the > schemas at one point. > > Any ideas how I can start again? Check out the SyncServices FAQs for...

Business Portal Sales Order Line Items view
GP v9.0 / BP 3.0 <--just installed. I am working my way around learning how BP works so I can do a presentation for our outside Sales guys. I need to know if the way you view a Sales Order with Line Items in Business Portal can be set up to view the order the way it appears in GP? Right now all I can see is to sort either A-Z/Z-A. I can already hear my sales guys screaming that they want to look at the order the way that it looks in GP (i.e. the way the line items were entered into GP not alpha/numeric). Can this be done? Or would it require a 3rd party write? Pam, GP sorts th...

Delay in pull down menu for Save As...
When in any of the MS Office Suite programs, particularly Outlook and Word, if I go to Save as.. and click on the pull down arrow to move to a different directory, there is as much as a 7 second delay before the pull down directory list appears. I do not have this problem with non-MS software. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? On Fri, 20 May 2005 10:08:04 -1000, Howard M. Rensin <hrensin@comcast.net> wrote: > When in any of the MS Office Suite programs, particularly Outlook and > Word, > if I go to Save as.. and click on the pull down arrow to mov...

Tasks are somehow being deleted from the CRM !!!
URGENT!!! recently my customer reported me that tasks are constantly being deleted from his CRM 4. we have restored several backups of the CRM DB, and discovered that it is true! we have searched all our code, WF, Plugins etc, and didn't find anything that may cause the deletion of those tasks records, additionally none of the customer users, has the privileges to delete Activities, so we are almost absolutly sure that those records weren't been delteted by a user working on the CRM. we have examined the DB, and noticed that when a task is being deleted in the CRM, it's ...

Need to Change Case from Mixed to Caps
Please help! I have a number of imported worksheets with some fields formatted in mixed case and some in UPPER case. I want all data to look consistent. Is there a way that I can quickly turn all of the mixed case to upper case? Word has a button to do this but I don't see one in Excel. Thanks in advance. Hi, have a look at the UPPER function in XLHelp -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Kathy" wrote: > Please ...

Publisher2000 extremely slow printing in XP
Hello, Can anyone shed light on why, on my computer, MS Publisher 2000 printed quickly in Windows 2000 Pro but has slowed to a crawl in Windows XP Pro? Before upgrading to XP, a one-page Publisher file containing business cards printed almost immediately. After we formatted the hard drive, installed XP, XP SP2, and Publisher 2000 from scratch, and downloaded all Windows and Office updates (including Office SR 1a and SR 3), Publisher 2000 now takes at least 5 minutes to print the same file. The printer (LaserJet 5P) seems to ruminate and struggle to process this seemingly-simple print...

auto signature change?
Is there an add-on or other software that automatically cycles through a group of signature blocks? I want it to pick a signature block either randomly or cycle through signature blocks that I have written. Kozmo ...

Delete message
How can I delete a message in Outlook Express without opening or selecting it . Would have to do this if I know in advance that it has a virus. You can't delete it if you don't select it, but that just means highlighting the message header which is harmless. Unchecking the Preview Pane will keep it from opening unless you double click on the message header. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Andy Petro" <andy.petro@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:hll1pp$pav$1@news.eternal-september.org... > Ho...

Alias Email accounts for not real people
hi, i have set up my first SBS 2003 server, stuck on exchange, bought the resource kit , can't find the answer, have setup 4 users, as you create the user account you configure the user email address, how do i configure a email address for an Alias person ie sales@mydomain.com or info@mydomain.com that gets sent to a known user above. Thanks Graeme If the alias address just needs to go to one person, add that address to the list of that person's email addresses in active directory, like this: http://home.dlwest.com/aliases.jpg If it needs to go to more than one, you have to ...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

eConnect and Customer updates.. .cash account from checkbook
When trying to update a customer in GP through eConnect I keep getting this error: "The Cash Account can not be used if the Cash Account From option is set to Checkbook". I can't seem to find any reference to this problem or how it can be worked around. Most customers for this company are setup with the Cash account coming from the checkbook and it's a functional requirement for them so we can't change this. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks Are you passing in a Cash Account with your customer information? It sounds like you are setting the customer to use ca...

change styles of the cell if the value is one of other cells.
change style if the cell has the same value of one of other cell values. for example if A1 of sheet1 has the one value of B1:B7 then A1 is red. How can I do that? thanks. "kang" <kang@hao.com> wrote in message news:ezFn6$2oHHA.4592@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > change style if the cell has the same value of one of other cell values. > for example > if A1 of sheet1 has the one value of B1:B7 then A1 is red. > How can I do that? > > thanks. Conditional Formatting Hi Kang, Try conditional formatting in cell A1 using formula is =MATCH(A1,B1:B7,0) HTH Mart...

Email: Typing characters has delayed appearance
Outlook 2003 SP2 When typing in an email, the appearance of the characters are delayed. I type several words and they do not show, but when I stop for a few seconds it "catches up" and the words then appear. I noticed it only does this when I'm using the HTML message format as opposed to plain text. How can I fix it from doing this? Thanks, Chuck ...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote: >My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go >on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck >several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't >search for over 250 symbol...

Opening Projects with Project Pro is slow
Hi, do you have any recommendations how to tackle performance bootlenecks when opening project plans wiht Project Pro is sometimes very slow? Thanks for any advice Adrian -- Adrian Miller Which version of Project Server, what service packs and CU's do you have installed and what circumstances? -- Rod Gill Microsoft MVP for Project - http://www.project-systems.co.nz Author of the only book on Project VBA, see: http://www.projectvbabook.com "Adrian Miller" <adrian.miller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:#YhVTuevKHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP...

2004 extremely slow!
i've been running money since 2001, and i'm currently on 2003. just downloaded the 2004 trial to test it out and it is unbelievably slow!! so slow i can't even use it. are there known performance issues with 2004? Some users report 2004 to be better, others see no difference. Take a look at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q4 for a commentary -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion...