Extreme Delays Deleting Change Orders from Project Accounting

We use Project Accounting for Dynamix GP and we are attempting to start using
the Change Order features to track changes made to project budget and fees.

Unfortunately, during testing, we are experiencing a five to ten minute
delay whenever we try to delete an incorrectly entered change order. This
occurs even if we simply start to create a change order, never use it for
anything and immediately attempt to delete it.

Has anyone experienced this, or can anyone propose any clues on what I
should look at to find what is causing this large pause?

--
Jim Rowley
Business Analyst II

Change Exchange 2003 Server Name
I am researching if it is possible to change the name of our Exchange 2003 server. I've heard this is possible (perhaps incorrectly) with Service Pack 2, but I can find no documentation of this in the release notes. Not changing out servers -- it will be the same server, and no other changes will be be made, just that we want to change the name of it, say, for example, from EXCHANGESERV to EXCH. Is this possible (with service pack 2 or without)? Thanks. No, it is not possible to change the name of the server. At least not if you want Exchange to still function afterwards. Sorry....

Check Register For Brokerage Account
I have a checkwriting feature in a brokerage account. How do I create a register for the cash (money market) portion of the account while continuing to take advantage of features for monitoring non-cash (stock/mutual fund) investments (and downloading info re same) In microsoft.public.money, Ben wrote: >I have a checkwriting feature in a brokerage account. How >do I create a register for the cash (money market) portion >of the account while continuing to take advantage of >features for monitoring non-cash (stock/mutual fund) >investments (and downloading info re same) ...

HELP: Incoming Internet mails delay by the SMTP Connector at Exchange 2003 frontend
We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, unfreeze didn't help. I can use telnet to port 25 of the backends to send a message instantly without any delay. So why the mails always get delay by the connector? Thanks Anything configured in the delivery options tab of your connector? James Chong andyhwconnet@hotmail.com wrote: > We just switched over to Exchange 2003 SMTP frontend and we notice > mails always get queued up for 5 to 20 minutes. Force Connection, > unfreeze didn't hel...

Reassigning accounts changes owenr on ALL objects....
We had a sales guy leave so I reassigned his accounts to various other reps....worked great EXCEPT it reassigned all objects related to that Account....even the completed ones. Where it screws me up the most is on orders already created and the reportinig that I have created....it moves those historical orders to new rep. reports have to be based on order owner vs created by because we have admins that do some order entry. Is there any way to reassign account and NOT have it change the owner on any activity/order/etc that has been completed or is in the past?????? maybe an append query at th...

account missing from drilldown, but is included in subtotal in FRX
Hi, We added an account to our balance sheet report in FRX, and it shows up in the subtotal of other assets, but when we drill down into the "other assets" category, it does not show up, even though it's being included in the subtotal. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be occuring and how I can resolve it? Thank you! ...

Mailbox permissions changing from user to custom
I am currently having a problem with clients not being able to access their mailbox. When they try, they get an error stating that "You do not have permission to open this folder". I look at the permissions on the individual mailbox and notice that in the window titled "Windows NT accounts with permissions", the role has changed from user to custom. I have looked on knowledge base but their cause/solution does not apply. Has anyone else come across this problem? Any help is greatly appreciated. Make sure that Primary NT account is set to what it should be. J...

Automate Account Numbers
Hi Can we automate the allocation of account numbers following the rules we set is MS CRM? If yes, how? Thanks. Tony Tony, Best bet to implement something like this would be via a post-Callout. You could have it monitor the Insert events and then assign the account number to the record via an update. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 9 Sep 2004 03:09:02 -0700, "Tony" <Tony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi Can we automate the allocation of account numbers following the rules we s...

Error Deleting a Public Folder
When I try to delete a particular Public Folder I get the following error message: The operation failed because of an HTTP Error 422 ID: c1030af4 Any ideas how I can get rid of this folder? On 9 Aug 2006 01:36:36 -0700, "compass" <compass@compasscc.com> wrote: >When I try to delete a particular Public Folder I get the following >error message: >The operation failed because of an HTTP Error 422 >ID: c1030af4 > >Any ideas how I can get rid of this folder? Try pfdavadmin: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=635BE792-D8AD-49E3-ADA4-E2422...

Rule: Delete from server
Vista business, windows mail Hi, there is a rule in windows mail: "delete from server" if - for exemple - special words exist in the text of the mail. In this case, you cannot click the further rule: "do not execute further rules" The effect is, that this mails are loaded in my computer. I expected that they would be deleted from the mail-server and would not be sent to my computer. PS. Please excuse my English, it's a long time that I've learned it ! See http://www.insideoe.com/tips/rules.htm#delete steve "Hans" <h.schrott@...

CListBox: change to load rows first.
I am using a CListBox to show some small bitmaps. I would like to load all the columns of the first row before loading columns of the second row, etc. and use a vertical scroll bar. How can this be done? -- Regards, Frank Are you sure you aren't talking about CListCtrl? CListBox essentially doesn't have the concepts you are describing. A "multicolumn" CListBox doesn't have the concept of "columns" that are loadable. It sounds like you want a CListCtrl in icon mode. joe On Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:44:29 -0500, Frank S <JazzedApps@community.nospam> ...

Link from Payables Transaction Entry to Purchase order
Hi, I'm using GP 8.0 and would like to know if it's possible to enter an invoice/voucher through Payables transaction enter and have that entry automatically link and update an open purchase order? So that if a client has multiple invoices for 1 purchase order the PO will automatically deduct the invoice amount. Hence will alert you when you've received a cumulative total that has exceeded the PO amount. This would be quite useful when dealing with consultants for professional services. I see that there is a PO memo field in Payable processing but it doesn't seem to real...

Adding investments to a retirement account
I have just made some changes to my retirement account as I now have more options and wanted to switch some of my investments. I cannot see where I add a new investment to an existing retirement account. My existing account has always listed my investments, but I can't see how to add new ones. In microsoft.public.money, JJW wrote: >I have just made some changes to my retirement account as I now have more >options and wanted to switch some of my investments. I cannot see where I >add a new investment to an existing retirement account. My existing account >has always l...

Change FileName
How do you change a file name using mfc (preferbaly). I don't want to use CFile.Rename() becauese it requires the file to be open. These are *.jpg files and opening them is a waste (or could cause problmes). There must be a way to rename the file without opening it first. Thanks for your Help! Thanks! It appears, using MFC that this works too. CFile::Rename( strFullNameOld, strFullNameNew ) "David Lowndes" <davidl@mvps.org> wrote in message news:8l3nhv4af8ep65ivl5hh77gik4l8qqnui8@4ax.com... > >How do you change a file name using mfc (preferbaly). > > Use ...

Bank account manipulation
How can I prevent one of my bank account's transactions from appearing on my reports? Thank you In microsoft.public.money, sergei_vlad wrote: >How can I prevent one of my bank account's transactions from appearing on my >reports? Viewing the report, click Customize. Click the Account tab and deselect what you like. You can save the modified version as a Favorite if you like. can't find the Customize button where is it? I am using MS Money 2005 Premium Thank you "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, sergei_vlad wrote: > > >...

How to script user account?
Hi there, My company switch our email system to another company. because of that we need to add to the username in outlook 2003 change from username to username@mycompany.com (just add the @mycompany.com to the username) And the SMTP port from 111 to 110 (default port) Is there any way to create a vbs script that change this registry configuration When the user click on that file it will automatically modify these two parameters? we have about 150 users in 4 different states and it's very difficult to do it manually Thanks an advance Oded Dror ...

Change autonumber field to number field
Is there a convenient way to change an autonumber field to a number field? I tried using the table design view but received the error: "You can't change the data type or field size of this field; it is part of one or more relationships. If you want to change the data type of this field, first delete its relationships in the Relationships window." If I were to break and remake the relevant relationships, would that suffice or might there be downstream effects which are not rectified when the relationships are remade? Many thanks, Paul Hello Paul. "paulkaye" wrote:...

Delayed email
I don't understand this - a user from our company is getting the message below, when sending to a mailbox on L3-com.com If I use NSLookup, the L3-com.com domain resolves immediately. But emails to that domain are getting delayed forever. Is this a DNS or Exchange problem? Thanks Your message is delayed Message for domain l3-com.com delayed at OurDomain.com. Unable to deliver to domain for 18 hours. Will continue trying for 30 hours. No action is required on your part. Last attempt failed because: DNS server could not be contacted or generated an unexpected response John Using the ...

When selecting the receipient for an email from the account form all CRM contacts are displayed
Question: i'm within the account screen and select to send an email to this account. By default, the account (and the default contact) is entered in the receipient field. In this case, the customer wants to select a different contact (from this account) for this email. When I select the option to select the receipient, and choose to selection option 'contacts' the complete list with all contacts of my CRM database is displayed in the selection box! Sounds like an bug..i would only like to see the contacts of this account! Is there a simple solution for this bug? Thanks, Sjourd (s...

change assisant in office mac 2004 student
Hi there I would like to change the office assistant from max to some other one I have the Office: Mac 2004 student and teacher edition. But I cannot find any other on the cd or in the gallery. Where do I find them and how do I install them Hi-- If you have a copy of the CD for Office 98, Office 2001, or Office X sitting around, you can use the assistants from there. From the CD, copy the folder Microsoft Office/Value Pack/Office/Assistants/ to your hard drive. To install the new assistants: On your hard drive, quit all Office programs. Then copy the assistant files (not the folder) to Ap...

Track project FTE per year for five years in Access?
I need to track individuals' FTE on projects for each year of the projects, which could be up to 5 years. The FTE could be for three different time periods within each year (e.g., summer, school year, calendar year for Year 1, Year 2, and so on). What are the best fields to create and table structure for this? Thanks! How about using a from date and to date in a table such that you can have multiple ranges per person. tblProject: ProjectId tblPerson: PersonId tblAssignment: ProjectId PersonId FromDate ToDate -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they ea...

clearing accounts?
Hi! We have a couple of accounts used for educational purposes that we would like to clear on regular basis. Anyone know of an easy way to do that? Script? Something else? (We use Exchange 2003). Regards, /e By "clearing" you mean "deleting email"? If so, check out Ex2003's combination of recipient policies with the Mailbox Manager functions, you can find everything you need on MS's website and Exchanges helpfiles with those two keywords... HTH JeffG On Mon, 14 Mar 2005 19:37:38 +0100, "Eric" <eric@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi! > >We...

Change Chart Type
Hi I have made a code to create a Clustered Column Chart What code should I write in order to change it to a Clustered Column with a 3D view but keeping the same size. Whenever I do this he always make it smaller Best Regards Pedro ...

Re: Excel 2003 plotting graphs in inverse order
Excel 2003 is plotting any type of graph I select in reverse order. I a selecting data ranges normally, yet Excel is creating these upside dow graphs. I thought perhaps I'd inadvertantly changed a setting and trie selecting "Default formatting" on chart type selection, but the defaul is this inverse plotting!! I can select the axis(es) and select plot i reverse order, which generally addresses my problem, except that the the X-axis label winds up on top of the graph. Plot in reverse orde does not fix my root problem, which is that the darn thing is plottin EVERYTHING inversely a...

Posting of Drop Ship Orders
We're creating Drop Ship PO's in order to select a Customer ID and the customer's Ship To Address. Once we know these items have been shipped to the customer, we create and post a SOP Invoice (using the drop-ship checkbox). However, sometimes the vendor takes quite a while to send their A/P invoice - it may not be until the next month. We need to get this Cost of Sale to post to G/L in the same month as the sale posting. If Drop-Ship PO's had a separate Receiving transaction, that wouldn't be a problem. Does anybody have a work-around for the G/L posting issue?...

Account not appearing in Trial Balance Report
Hi Everyone An account detail is not appearing in Summary and Detail trial balance report. I can see the account and balance in Detail Inquiry. I tried all the options in Report. The account is active too. Thanks and regards Jacob you can try this: 1. please create a new user and give it access on the same company. login as the new user and try to print the same report. it may have something to do with modified reports. 2. are you using a different regional settings (specifically date format) other than US English? "Jack" wrote: > Hi Everyone > An account detail...