expense deferrals - (financial)

Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post
the deferral for the current month?  Have client that does not like the fact
that they are posting to all the future periods.

Thanks,

John Born
0
JohnB (54)

Absolutely. Go to Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> Deferral.

Click No for Automatically Post into Closed Future GL Periods.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"johnb" wrote:

> Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post
> the deferral for the current month?  Have client that does not like the fact
> that they are posting to all the future periods.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Born
0
callen (2504)
4/15/2009 6:42:02 PM
I tested with that posting set-up but found not to be the answer.  For
example, if my deferral is for 3 months (jan, feb, mar).  In Jan - I want to
post Jan. In Feb - I want to post feb and so on.  If you click to not post to
future closed periods, then when you post jan with feb and mar closed then
only the jan posts -- but you have no ability later when it is feb to post
the feb entry.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Absolutely. Go to Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> Deferral.
>
> Click No for Automatically Post into Closed Future GL Periods.
>

> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "johnb" wrote:
>
> > Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post
> > the deferral for the current month?  Have client that does not like the fact
> > that they are posting to all the future periods.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John Born
0
JohnB (54)
4/16/2009 10:06:01 PM
You could use a recurring batch...
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"johnb" wrote:

> I tested with that posting set-up but found not to be the answer.  For
> example, if my deferral is for 3 months (jan, feb, mar).  In Jan - I want to
> post Jan. In Feb - I want to post feb and so on.  If you click to not post to
> future closed periods, then when you post jan with feb and mar closed then
> only the jan posts -- but you have no ability later when it is feb to post
> the feb entry.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Absolutely. Go to Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> Deferral.
> >
> > Click No for Automatically Post into Closed Future GL Periods.
> >

> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "johnb" wrote:
> >
> > > Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post
> > > the deferral for the current month?  Have client that does not like the fact
> > > that they are posting to all the future periods.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > John Born
0
info4071 (3004)
4/19/2009 7:34:47 PM
Yes, you're right. You'd need to turn off automatic posting and post each
month separately.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"johnb" wrote:

> I tested with that posting set-up but found not to be the answer.  For
> example, if my deferral is for 3 months (jan, feb, mar).  In Jan - I want to
> post Jan. In Feb - I want to post feb and so on.  If you click to not post to
> future closed periods, then when you post jan with feb and mar closed then
> only the jan posts -- but you have no ability later when it is feb to post
> the feb entry.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Absolutely. Go to Tools >> Setup >> Financial >> Deferral.
> >
> > Click No for Automatically Post into Closed Future GL Periods.
> >

> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "johnb" wrote:
> >
> > > Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post
> > > the deferral for the current month?  Have client that does not like the fact
> > > that they are posting to all the future periods.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > John Born
0
callen (2504)
4/20/2009 2:34:01 AM
You want to look at Binary Stream's Revenue & Expense Deferral product.

http://binarystream.com/revenue_expense_deferrals.asp

"johnb" wrote:

> Is this anyway to modify the financial deferral posting process to just post
> the deferral for the current month?  Have client that does not like the fact
> that they are posting to all the future periods.
>
> Thanks,
>
> John Born
0
Darren (170)

reimbursable expense
I am unable to figure out how to put reimbursable expenses in my invoices. I have read the help info and can't find the "show transaction forms" in MS MOney....help! Thanks P ...

How can I set up a template for roommate expenses?
A B C D E 1 Utilities Food Cable Total 2 Joe 5 5 15 =sum(B2:D2) 3 John 5 5 15 =sum(B3:D3) 4 Jim 5 5 15 =sum(B4:D4) 5 Jerry 5 5 15 =sum(B5:D5) HTH, Gary Brown "In charge of the bills" <In charge of the bills@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A506CDD6-D3C9-42F1-A025-A08BF398428D@microsoft.com... > Thank you, Gary! This is very helpful. I appreciate this very much. "I...

Tracking Expenses
HelloI am new to Money. I have MSB05 and do not know how to track expenses. I just strated a services business and want to track my office supplies, gas and some client dining expenses. How do I just write a check to my self ? ...

Template to track credit card expenses and expense reports combi
In search of a template to track corporte credit card expenses and the expense reports submitted for those expenses. Or a template to track and reconcile credit card expenses and expense reports. You could create your own. Incude in Row 1 as column headers: Transaction ID Transaction Reference Transaction Date Vendor Cleared Amount Balance You might also want a column for month for sorting and subtotaling purposes. If date is in column C, in D2 for month type =month(C2) and copy down. If you do use subtotals you won't need the Balance column. HTH -- Sincerely, Michael Colvin &...

Business Portal 3.0 / 4.0
The entering of expenses is cumbersome with the Project List / Category selection. The selected projects do not save when doing the next expense report, so the user needs to build the list again, which is especially onerous when large numbers of open projects and/or expense cost categories are used. The template functionality already present in the timesheet entry would solve this problem. Can the template functionality please be rolled out to expenses too? Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes...

"expense reimbursement" vs "reimbursed expense"
In MS Money Plus home and business my profit and loss statement has two entries one titled "expense reimbursement" the other titled "reimbursed expense". Both get data from invoices and they are not duplicates. Is there a difference? If not, what causes the different categorization in some invoices? ...

Q re expensing credit card expense + payment of c.c. bill
I've got a checking account and a credit card account set up. I charge a lot. I categorize expenses in my credit card account. When I pay the (large) bill to the credit card company from my checking account, this transfer is counted as an expense. Thus, in the pie chart, my credit card expenses get counted twice - once when charged (in the credit card account, under a corresponding category), and once when I pay the credit card bill from the checking account (in the checking account, under the category Credit Card Payments/Transfers). It seems like there should be a way for th...

spreadsheet
Good day I have Excel 2007. What I am looking for is a simple spreadsheet which I can use for my part time business (photography). Monies recieved and then also a seperate column for all expenses (costs). So that I will be able to work out profits etc etc When I open up "NEW" ,,, there are a lot of different templates on microsoft online but I am not sure which one to use. Thank you Harold Johannesburg South Africa ...

invoicing for expenses
In Money 2004 Small Business, I can't figure out how to include reimbursable expenses on an invoice. When I click on the box on the invoice, it tells me that there are no reimbursable expenses to insert. When I follow the instruction to create them, it gives me the choice of creating deposit, withdrawal or transfer in the account register, which doesn't make sense to me. Can anyone help? Thanks You need to designate an expense as a reimbursible item when you enter the expense in the register. And, remember that this only works if the category is a business related category. ...

reimbursable expenses
I'm curious if anyone has used the method in the faq as described at http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#S4Q3 (method #1 in question #3). Since you are transferring between accounts, you lose the ability to enter categories. How does one track reimbursables by just knowing the payee. I'm in need of a good reimbursable expenses strategy and open to any suggestions. Bob I think people who use this method don't worry about categorization: it's by definition reimbursable if they transfer it into the reimbursement account and beyond that who cares? I don't use that method....

Expenses not showing up in budget when paying from Cash account
I've set up a budget for Food : Dining Out and it works fine if I use my debit card when I eat out and the money comes straight from my checking account, but when I transfer money to my cash account (ie. withdrawal 10 dollars from the ATM) and then use that money to eat out on it doesn't show up at counting towards my budget. Is this supposed to work this way? I thought about just listing the transfer from checking to cash as Food : Dining Out but sometimes not all of the 10 dollars is used for food and plus I'd have to go back and edit it because when I go to the ATM I don't...

YTD expenses by category
I am having problems trying to find a quick and direct answer to questions like: How much did I spend in (category/subcategory) this year? If I go to the Categories screen and choose a category or subcategory of interest, Money shows me the total of how much I have spent in that category ever. There is no place to ask for a timeframe (I am mostly interested in year by year). What I usually end up doing is going to budget and asking it to show me the current year (I use Savings and Spending). The problem with this is that I only get the expenses by subcategory, not by category. Is the...

How to handle reimbursed expenses
This may be simple but I am having difficulty on how to handle this situation. I pay a medical bill in full with check and then this is recorded under category medical expenses.How do I record the check from the insurance company paid to me which reimburses me for a portion of the expense? It's not really income although I receive cash.Do I record it as a negative in medical expense category? I have Money2004 premium. thanks for any input The credit against the original category is very common. You can also create a category like Other Income:Insurance Reimbursements. It is income,...

Unassigned expenses
Hello: I'm just starting to use Microsoft Money for the first time. I have the 2004 version. I have it set up to download all of my bank and credit card account info, and that pretty much accounts for all of my income and expenses. My problem is that the majority of the expenses that are downloaded are placed into the "expense - unassigned" category. Most of these expenses are from payees that will (almost) always go into the same category. For example, expenses from "Amoco" will almost always go into the "Automobile : Gasoline" category. Is there...

Customize Project Expense Report (Business Portal 2.5)
We have recently upgraded from 7.5 to 8.0 and we are using the portal instead of PDK. In PDK we had customized a report and would like to customize the expense report within Business Portal. Any suggestions on how to do this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

How do I include business expenses in savings and spending budget?
I keep categories marked for business and personal. I budget from both business and personal expenses. My problem is that I cannot get MS Money Plus Home & Business to include my business expenses in the Savings and Spending Budget. Help! ...

graphs for expense
i have to prepare a graph for monthwise expenses from april to july, i have prepared bar chart.........is there any other type of graph to present the data in better way. Ankur - > i have to prepare a graph for monthwise expenses from april to july, i > have prepared bar chart.........is there any other type of graph to > present the data in better way. < An Excel Bar chart type shows horizontal bars. For time sequence data the usual approach is to show time on the horizontal axis. Some appropriate Excel chart types are Column (vertical bars), Line, and XY (Scatter). M...

Unbudgeted expenses
Hello, I'm a former quicken user, and am used to looking at my Monthy Budget report with ALL categories being shown, whether they have budgeted amounts or not. (That way I can see if I'm making expenses that I still need to add to my budget.) How would I accomplish the same (or similar) thing in Money? (M04 Deluxe) Thanks, -Paul When you record any income or expense that is not in the budget, money will add it to your budget review screen as income or expenses over budgeted limits. >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >I'm a former quicken user, and am used to ...

Transfer categorized as income and expense
When I transfer money from one account to another, why in the world does it show up in my income and spending reports? Logically, I'm not making or spending money when transferring money between my checking and savings accounts, for example. Do I need to switch to Quicken to find a product that categorizes transfers correctly? (Yes, I use Advanced register settings.) And do you use downloaded transactions? And do you use M05? (I'm assuming yes since you refer to Advanced register settings.) And do your payments get reflected in both accounts as separate transactions, maybe wi...

Expense spreadsheets
Anyone know of a Shread that can help manage expenses? On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 21:45:53 -0800, "Brad Gaudet" <brad.gaudet@cox.net> wrote: >Anyone know of a Shread that can help manage expenses? I haven't a shre[a]d of an idea what you're talking about. It's probably not an Access database, the subject of this newsgroup, though. Please post a human-meaningful question, preferably in a newsgroup supporting the software you plan to use. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Job Expense
If i have a $1000 charge to a credit for under category 'Job Expense: Reimbursed,' where do I assign the Category when I receive a check for the reimbursement? I don't see a reimbursement category under Income. Do I categorize the check to the same category? (EXPENSE: Job Expense: Reimbursed) In microsoft.public.money, Vital wrote: >If i have a $1000 charge to a credit for under category 'Job Expense: >Reimbursed,' where do I assign the Category when I receive a check for >the reimbursement? I don't see a reimbursement category under Income. >Do I c...

Payroll
Since garnishments are limited to 25% of net pay in most cases, we set it up as a percent of net pay. We also reimburse for mileage through payroll using a business expense paycode not subject to any taxes and not included on the W2. The problem is that if an employee has a garnishment it picks up 25% of the mileage reimbursement, also. The deduction setup does not allow you to base the deduction on only certain paycodes when it is set up for % of net wages. Is there another way to do this? It appears the processing is: 1. Determine gross pay (all pay codes) 2. Compute taxes 3. Compute...

VS10 is very expensive
Is there any way for freeware authors to get it, free? "drat" <drat@no.com> wrote in message news:evzyQHbiKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Is there any way for freeware authors to get it, free? Aren't there free Express versions? -- David David Ching wrote: > "drat" <drat@no.com> wrote in message > news:evzyQHbiKHA.1536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >> Is there any way for freeware authors to get it, free? > > Aren't there free Express versions? > > -- David Yep, right here: http://www.microsoft.com/ex...

Imputing actual income and expense
New user. I've created a budget but cannot figure out how to imput actual income and expense monthly as opposed to budgeted income and expense. Can anyone help me? Money figures it out from transactions/categories you enter. "CJC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12be801c3f69a$9319e490$a401280a@phx.gbl... > New user. I've created a budget but cannot figure out how > to imput actual income and expense monthly as opposed to > budgeted income and expense. Can anyone help me? I realized my previous answer may have been insufficient...

How to view unbudgeted expenses?
Hello, I'm a former quicken user, and am used to looking at my Monthy Budget report with ALL categories being shown, whether they have budgeted amounts or not. (That way I can see if I'm making expenses that I need to add to my budget.) How would I accomplish the same thing in Money? (M04 Deluxe) Thanks, -Paul ...