EXE change in data modified

Hi Guys

Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified
date" to the dynamics.exe file?

0
cruesta (2)

In theory, something would need to change the file.  My best guess would be a
service pack would change the date.

--
www.fmtconsultants.com

"cruesta@gmail.com" wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified
> date" to the dynamics.exe file?

0
Richard853 (481)
9/18/2006 7:56:02 PM
For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to
be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the date I installed
it).  What date and you seeing and for what version/service pack?

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

<cruesta@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Guys
>
> Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified
> date" to the dynamics.exe file?

0
victoria (3340)
9/19/2006 8:55:14 AM
I see 03/24/2006  01:56p   for the exe and some dll files, so yes it
could have been a service pack.

0
cruesta (2)

Classes generated by XSD.exe #2
I have a schema that I've used to generate a class structure vis the xsd.exe utility. I'm having to manually validate the resultant XML since the resultant document is not necessarily compliant with the structure defined by the original XSD. Here's what I'm wondering, though..... I have a server process that is going to have to process these documents rather quickly. At the end of the document, there are going to be attached files (base64encoded). During this processing, there isn't any sense in loading up the entire XML statement into a DOM document because I only...

changing text
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) In a previous version of excel, there was a open bar at the top that you could click on to edit the text in a cell, rather than retype the text into the cell you were working on. The text from the cell would appear and you could backspace and/or add in additional text that would then appear back in the cell. Any body know how I can get this? What you're looking for is the Formula Bar. Select if in the View Menu. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/19/10 8:37 PM, in article 59bb1451.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, &quo...

how to change Outlook Connector password??
When I am in Live ID, I m unable to st a new password for OUTLOOK CONNECTOR, and posted responses don't address the problem. Help!!! The connector uses the same password as your live id account. You can't set a separate one for it. After you change the live id password outlook will whine and you can then change it in Outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about ...

exe to c++
anybody knows how make this, i need visualice how an exe file application open an encrypted file (what is more easy ? open the encrypted file or decompile exe application to c++ source >) Open the encrypted file. -- Jonathan Wood SoftCircuits Programming http://www.softcircuits.com "Javier Gonzalez" <JavierGonzalez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D08F549-529A-424B-9A0E-40E582323F67@microsoft.com... > anybody knows how make this, i need visualice how an exe file application > open an encrypted file (what is more easy ? open the encrypted file or...

Highlight Changes Setup
We use a Shared workbook which is set to track changes. In order to see the changes I have to go to Tools > Track Changes > Highlight Changes every time I open the file. Is there a way to turn on the Hightlight option permanently?? Thanks ...

How to change *defaults* for importing Tab-delimited text file into Excel2002 -
How to I change the default setting when importing a .txt file? I spend a lot of time converting Excel (Office 2002) files into HTML. The quickest way to clear off all the Microsoft formatting crud seems to be to save as a tab delimited .TXT file. This works well but it is extremely irritating that having saved as "tab delimited text" from Excel, that the same piece of software cant recognise its own file when you reopen it! It seems to default to Delimited and file origin "932: Japanese (Shift-JIS)" whereas what I want is file origin of: "1252 : Western European ...

Accessing/Changing Keywords externally via Office 2004 mdimporter
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Is there a way to access and/or change the Keywords metadata for Excel and Word (Office 2004) without opening the application? I had a programmer write a program that accesses and changes the keywords metadata (without opening the application) for Microsoft Office 2008 files, iWork files, RTF files, PDF files, and a couple of others. It works great (and it only adds 1 second to modified data - so essentially there's no change - the 1 second is so that Chronosync will see the change.) Anyway, my programmer is now una...

Isinteg.exe / Eseutil.exe question
Is there a good way to automate the following: 1. Take exchange mail store offline 2. Run maint tools against offline mailstores. 3. Wait for maint tools to complete. 4. Bring exchange mail store back online. thanks On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 11:24:22 -0600, "Scott McFadden" <nospam.smcfadden@criticaltech.com> wrote: >Is there a good way to automate the following: > >1. Take exchange mail store offline > >2. Run maint tools against offline mailstores. > >3. Wait for maint tools to complete. > >4. Bring exchange mail store back online. > >...

SC.exe
has any one ever used the Sc.exe tool to grant sufficient permissions to authenticated user (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/905809)? If so were there any bad experiences? How invasive is this procedure? Can someone dummy this down and explain this to an entry level Exchange guy? My problem is that I have a guy who is an account operator who should be able to add/delete/edit aliases using the Exchange tools but he gets an error: An Exchange server could not be found in the domain. Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange server. ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Acti...

Excel 2003, Convert EXISTING Worksheet Data to XML?
Hello. First, I've read Excel help and worked through several on-line tutorials on the Microsoft website in regards to XML support in Excel 2003. And, have searched web and Usenet looking for clues. So, please forgive if this has been asked and answered; I didn't find it if it has. Thanks! I've got an Excel spreadsheet containing data. I'd like to be able to export that as XML. Not via the "save as" an XML spreadsheet method - too much extraneous data in the resultant output. Too difficult to parse out the unwanted stuff. Microsoft doesn't even recommend ...

Change Mapping Continued
I have had to take my file back to one week ago when I bought 2005 Premium. Microsoft Support totally messed up the file, so I'm back where I started. I think I have three problems, and I'm going to take them on one at a time. Currently In my portfolio in another account, I have DTV Stock. Fidelity is trying to download "The DIRECTV Group Common Stock Fund" Should this be a new investment, different from Direct TV (DTV)? When I try to import and at the point with the radio buttons that say "This investment is already in my investment portfolio with a different na...

Prevent excel from changing numeric data ranges into dates?
I want to prevent excel from changing my numeric data into dates (ie. 10-12, into 12-Oct). I want to import specific data ranges, not a date values. Whenever I paste or type a possible date, like 10-12, excel assumes I am writing Oct. 12, 2004. Then, Excel formats the cell into a Custom d-mmm format (see scrn shot @ www.vd4.org/excel_issue.gif). If I change the Custom format to General, excel converts the date into the DATE'S value (ie. 12-Oct, into 38272; which I think is the # of days since 1900?). How can I *prevent* excel from changing my data ranges into dates (ie keep 10-12 ...

Referencing Lookup data
When referencing data from a combo box that is based on a lookup field, is there a special syntax to specify the column you want the equation to refer to? Changing around the bound column in the form field properties doesn't seem to change anything. The value being passed through to the VBA code seems to be the index key, however, I'm having trouble with my debugger. Can I make the field a text field and refer to it that way? Doing so seems to prevent me from referring to anything other than the index.-- Why are you asking me? I dont know what Im doing!Jaybird The Evils of Lookup ...

changing sort sequence (like tab order)
Today data is entered into a table in the order it needs to appear on reports. there is no well defined sort key such as alphabetical, or age, or address or anything. If the user is very careful and enters the items in the correct sequence all is OK. I there is a desigh change or the user made a mistake the data has to be reentered so the reports look OK. One solution is to add a sort key and enter the sort value in increments of 5. To enter a dataitem between 15 and 20 the user cna enter the sort key as 17. This works but is a real pain. Is there an ad-in, shareware, code, whaeve...

Inetinfo.exe, store.exe
hello, on my exchange server inetinfo.exe and store.exe using most of the system memory. Can anybody help me out to resolve the problem. As i have read some forum, i found it is some issue of Service Packs. can anybody tell me which Service Pack needs to be installed and which should be removed from the server ?????? Thanks in advance. Kiran For Exchange 2000, I suggest running the latest version of the operating system and E2K. Currently they are: Windows 2000 = Service Pack 4 Exchange 2000 = Service Pack 3 Also, install the Exchange 2000 September Roll-Up: http://support.micro...

regmaid.exe
can I use this in win95 and up? what this the difference in regmaid.exe [Visual C++ 6.0] and [Visual C++ .NET] ...

Text changes to hashes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When entering text (about 120 words) into a cell, after a point the cell stops resizing, drops back to one line and converts text to hashes On 3/22/10 7:28 AM, Tycoon_Rosie@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: > Intel When entering text (about 120 words) into a cell, after a point > the cell stops resizing, drops back to one line and converts text to hashes Is there a question here? Please tell us which 120 words, the attributes of the...

Document data variable "needs stack frame"
My View Class includes a private member which is a pointer to my Document. If I call a public function in my View Class from my MainFrame, I can access the variables in my Document class. However, when that function calls another public function in the same View class, the second function can't access the Document variables. It causes Access Violation 0xC0000005. I was using the debugger to try & monitor the variables in the Document, and it displayed the message "CXX0069 variable needs stack frame" I could get around this by passed the required data to the second functi...

Changing owners of accounts
Hi all I was wondering if anyone has had problems changing the ownership of Accounts. It appears to have something to do with closed activities - not all - just some. I am still investigating with the client the conditions when this happens but there appears to be no common thread. Is this a known bug ??? BTW - This system is a CRM3 to CRM4 upgrade. Pete Have the users your moving information from been deleted from Exchange? ...

format on change event
i received some helpful code that upon change of a cell in one tab, the row is moved to another tab. is it possible to preserve the formatting of the row in the move to the next tab? i would think this would be relatively simple, but cant seem to come close to getting it to happen (the row is 5 columns long, with a thin outline around each cell and wrapped text in the last column). if the above is not possible, i thought that this might work (formatting the row in the new tab after the move has taken place), but im not sure where i am going wrong. Private Sub Worksheet_...

Specify DLL version when using mc.exe, rc.exe and/or link.exe
Folks I'm creating a single entry DLL for the OS application event log so developers and admin types don't get that ugly message when looking at errors in the event log. I've got the following make file which is working but I see the dll produced does not have a version property like most DLLs and EXEs. Any ideas on how to do such? Any better newsgroups/forums to ask this question? del "test.dll" "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Bin\mc.exe" MsgFile.mc "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.1\Bin\rc" -r -fo MsgFile.r...

Quickbooks data transfer
Does anyone know of a white paper or web-link to a procedure for the transferral of Quickbooks data to Great Plains. I have looked within the community and the methods of transferring via exporting to excel and importing via Integration Manager appear to be more time consuming than running both conccurently until the close of the fiscal year. When does your fiscal year end? You may want to think about loading the historical Quickbooks data onto GP in order to have comparitive data for reporting purposes. We have done the Quickbooks to GP many times - some tricks we have used inclu...

Finding Data Point INSIDE a Trend Line?
I built an Excel chart using two columns of data. Each column of data is represented by a single line on an Excel chart. I then added a Trend Line using Excel's built-in Polynomial function. I'm using Excel's Polynomial Trend Line and I set it to 2nd Order Polynomial. Now... Here is what I need from those "Trend Lines": I need to get my hands on the actual "data points" that make up each Polynomial Trend Line. NOT the data points that were used to "generate" the Polynomial line it-self. Sounds weird, I know. There are 21 data points (or 21 rows...

Re: How can I change the color of negative bubble in bubble chart
Actually, you have to define your second color, click OK twice, so the series displays the gradient, then double click the series again,on the patterns tab, select the fill for positive values, and hit OK. (The series must actually display the gradient for a moment in order to remember the second color). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Jon Peltier" <jonxlmvpNO@SPAMpeltiertech.com> wrote in message news:... > Double click on the series, on the Patterns tab, ...

Re: Presenting Excel Data in a report.
Hi, I have 8 excel worksheets containing a large amount of data in the form of charts and tables. Each worksheet contains I page of data. I want to put this data into a single report of 8 pages and email it to a large number of people. What is the best microsoft office software to use for this, is it word , powerpoint etc so that the data would appear very clear but the file wouldn't be huge. Regards, Liam. Doing this all the time. Don't see any problem with 8 pages. If you think it is a bit big zi the file (with Winzip) typical reduction down to 10% of the origina size. Easy peas...