Excel-Based Budgeting-print an exception report after the import

When importing a budget into GP from Excel (using Excel-Based Budgeting), if
any account numbers are entered in Excel that are not in GP, the import drops
them without any warning or notification.  In our case, we have 5500 lines of
information to manually review to find the problem.

A solution is to have an exception report print after the import to list any
accounts in Excel that were not imported into GP.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b3e9068-1a60-4270-94f4-1f8f01f2dfb1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Kate (63)

Kate,

While I agree that an exception report would be nice, one other workaround
is to create a brand new budget in GP - that should take all the lines you
have on the Excel spreadsheet if they are formatted correctly.

--
Victoria Yudin
GP MVP

"Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When importing a budget into GP from Excel (using Excel-Based Budgeting),
> if
> any account numbers are entered in Excel that are not in GP, the import
> drops
> them without any warning or notification.  In our case, we have 5500 lines
> of
> information to manually review to find the problem.
>
> A solution is to have an exception report print after the import to list
> any
> accounts in Excel that were not imported into GP.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b3e9068-1a60-4270-94f4-1f8f01f2dfb1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
victoria (3340)
5/12/2006 2:29:07 PM
I agree that we need some kind of reject report.  If any account numbers are
incorrect in the spreadsheet, they'd get skipped and we have no way of
knowing which ones they are.  With thousands of accounts, that's a lot of
work to compare each and every row in the spreadsheet to an account in GP.

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Kate,
>
> While I agree that an exception report would be nice, one other workaround
> is to create a brand new budget in GP - that should take all the lines you
> have on the Excel spreadsheet if they are formatted correctly.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> GP MVP
>

> "Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When importing a budget into GP from Excel (using Excel-Based Budgeting),
> > if
> > any account numbers are entered in Excel that are not in GP, the import
> > drops
> > them without any warning or notification.  In our case, we have 5500 lines
> > of
> > information to manually review to find the problem.
> >
> > A solution is to have an exception report print after the import to list
> > any
> > accounts in Excel that were not imported into GP.
> >
> > ----------------
> > this
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b3e9068-1a60-4270-94f4-1f8f01f2dfb1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
Elaine (442)
11/15/2006 2:11:01 PM
I AGREE STRONGLY.

"Elaine" wrote:

> I agree that we need some kind of reject report.  If any account numbers are
> incorrect in the spreadsheet, they'd get skipped and we have no way of
> knowing which ones they are.  With thousands of accounts, that's a lot of
> work to compare each and every row in the spreadsheet to an account in GP.
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Kate,
> >
> > While I agree that an exception report would be nice, one other workaround
> > is to create a brand new budget in GP - that should take all the lines you
> > have on the Excel spreadsheet if they are formatted correctly.
> >
> > --
> > Victoria Yudin
> > GP MVP
> >

> > "Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When importing a budget into GP from Excel (using Excel-Based Budgeting),
> > > if
> > > any account numbers are entered in Excel that are not in GP, the import
> > > drops
> > > them without any warning or notification.  In our case, we have 5500 lines
> > > of
> > > information to manually review to find the problem.
> > >
> > > A solution is to have an exception report print after the import to list
> > > any
> > > accounts in Excel that were not imported into GP.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
> > > this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=7b3e9068-1a60-4270-94f4-1f8f01f2dfb1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains

0
Karen1 (189)
9/11/2008 2:17:00 PM
Also STRONGLY agree.  Anyone with any sort of pull at Microsoft please talk
to them and get them to work on fixing this broken module for gp!!

"Karen" wrote:

> I AGREE STRONGLY.
>
> "Elaine" wrote:
>
> > I agree that we need some kind of reject report.  If any account numbers are
> > incorrect in the spreadsheet, they'd get skipped and we have no way of
> > knowing which ones they are.  With thousands of accounts, that's a lot of
> > work to compare each and every row in the spreadsheet to an account in GP.
> >
> > "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > Kate,
> > >
> > > While I agree that an exception report would be nice, one other workaround
> > > is to create a brand new budget in GP - that should take all the lines you
> > > have on the Excel spreadsheet if they are formatted correctly.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Victoria Yudin
> > > GP MVP
> > >

> > > "Kate" <Kate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Printing an Excel doucument

Windows Update

Sub Report Link with Stored Procedures
Hello, I am having a problem with a report and subreport. The main report is a stored procedure and there are 3 parameters (@EndDate datetime,@ChartID int,@GroupID int). I provide the values in the "Input Parameter" of the Main report. For the Sub Report, I have the same three parameters and I place the values also in the "Input Parameter" of the sub report. The field that I link the sub report to the main report on is "AcctLogID". The problem is this link. If I change the control source of the sub report to just a regular query, the report runs fine ...

excel axes

Excel program

Money 2006 Budget Fixed?
I am the sucker that Microsoft creates their "New" and "Improved" versions of money for. I have bought each new addition of Money for the past 4 years now. Each year there are not very many differences from the year before but I use it so often I justify the $20 cost to buy it... Now, my biggest gripe is with the Budget Planner. My projected budget goes all out of whack when I make a change to one of my automatic payments. IE If I change my salary from 1k a month to 2k a month my budget will show that I now am suppose to make 3k a month (Basically it stores the old ...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Adding an Account Transfer to the Budget
I would like to add an account transfer that occurs every month (to a college savings account) to my budget. I have the account set up in money but can’t figure out how to add the transfer to the budget. I have a similar transfer to a retirement account in the budget but can’t remember how I did it...maybe I added it when I initially set up the budget...shouldn’t I be able to add another? ...

Error Message When opening Excel

Budget Totaling Bug???
Any reason why my "enter your income" page on my budget says my income is $8,500 per month and then, when I finish the budget and go to the summary screen, it says my income is $7800 per month. Nothing is hidden, is this a bug? If my enter your income page says one thing and the summary another, whats up with that? Is one your gross amount and the other your net? "Christopher Glenn" wrote: > Any reason why my "enter your income" page on my budget says my income is > $8,500 per month and then, when I finish the budget and go to the summary > scr...

Excel number / date conversion

import data to sales
Hello! I'm relatively a newbie to GP (less than a year; used SQL much longer). I have to import data from our order software into GP (by way of Access): TRX > SALES TRX > SALES TRX ENTRY > ORDER (before anything is transferred to an invoice and posted). I have done database traces and have come up with an overwhelming # of tables where I'd enter data directly into GP SQL tables. I think I only need the SOP10103, SOP10100, SOP10200, SOP10104 tables but am afraid of missing tables (such as where the Distribution > Distribution Reference accounts info is). The trace als...

Email from Excel #3

When creating a new Budget, it always picks up my old pay stub information
I've been using MS Money since 2002 and have upgraded several versions up to 2006. In this version, when I try and create a new advanced budget, it automatically populates all the categories that are associated with my pay check (i.e. Gross Pay, Federal Taxes, Medicare, etc.). The only problem is, it's picking up my paycheck from several years back and I have no way of removing it. When I try and click on and edit those items in Budget, the screen just refreshes and nothing happens. I'm unable to delete those entries. What I want to do is enter all my budget items manually. B...

version excel

Historical Stock Status Report and average cost
How do you change the average cost of items to be reflected in the historical stock status report? For example, the average cost was $30.00 and the current cost was $30.00. Transaction for this item cost ranges from $28.00 to $32.00. The accountants wanted the Historical Stock Status Report to reflect a cost of $31.00 for this item. We changed the trx costs to $31.00 in Utilities but the current cost still remains at $30.00. Is there a way to update costs in this report to reflect new cost amounts as per above? Hi, You can change an Average Perpetual valuated Item's current cos...

How can I set up a student data base using word 2003?
I am a music teacher and would like to set up a data base for my students including information regarding - exams, competitions and results. Names, ages, birthday reminders, parents details and goods and services delivered. I use Microsoft Office 2003. Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks. Decide what you want to keep track of and put each piece of information into separate cells. And one row per entry--don't put the data for one person on multiple rows. Try to keep your data on a single worksheet. If you thought that you'd want multiple worksheets (one for each class),...

double line spacing using excel 2000

Excel 95 to Excel 2003
Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If so, how. Thanks in advance Open the file in 2003 and SAVE as you would a file created in 2003. If not absolutely positive, save as a different name. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Cooper" <kcooper2@austin.rr.com> wrote in message news:uqLpEuG4EHA.1292@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Anyone know if it's possible to convert Excel 95 files to Excel 2003? If > so, how. > > Thanks in advance > > Open in XL 2003, when you close it, it should, ask you if you w...