Example eConnect XML documents

MSDN says the following:

Installing eConnect schema
When you include the schemas component of the eConnect install, the
installer places schema files in a schemas folder on your computer.
The following schema resources are available:

The install places the .xsd schema files in the directory c:\Program
Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD
Individual Schemas. The files in the directory contain the schema for
each eConnect XML document.

The install places a file named eConnect.xsd that contains the schema
definition for all eConnect XML documents. The install typically
places this file in the directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great
Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema\Incoming XSD Schemas.

The install also supplies schema definitions using XML-Data Reduced
(XDR) syntax. The install places the .xdr schema files in the
directory c:\Program Files\Microsoft Great Plains\eConnect9\XML Schema
\Incoming XDR Schemas. An XDR schema is another type of schema
definition that can be used to research questions on specific
documents or to validate the XML document.

However, I can't find these sub-dirs, or the underlying files,
anywhere...

I have tried reinstalling to no avail.

Is there somewhere I can get these files as it would make my
development "life" significantly easier!

Thanks in advance,
Paul.

0
pgunther (4)

xml/rid question
I am using Visual Studio 2003/C# I created a new xml schema/xsd file (Project Create new item->Dataset) I then added Elements to the schema using the designer From the toolbox I then created an instance of my dataset. I then dropped a grid (Infragistics UltraWebGrid) onto my form, and bound the grid to my dataset. At runtime, I configure the columns of the grid, get some records from the Employee database (SQL Server2k), and add some rows to the grid. The user then enters some data into various cells of the grid. I am now ready to update the database with the contents of the grid. What ...

Design Template for multithreading (an example here)
Multi threading multithreading multi-threading threading threads multitasking WaitOne .Set .Reset ManualResetEvent AutoResetEvent. Here is a design template you can use for multithreading. I prefer to use the manual reset event: ManualResetEvent rather than AutoResetEvent. It forces you to Set and Reset, and IMO is better than using the "automatic" way, which is more lazy. The design context is as follows: //put this mrevent outside your constructor, as a 'global' variable to the translation unit. public static ManualResetEvent mrevent = new ManualResetEv...

Office v.X word using Mac10.3.3 save document
The office word save or save as function has changed. To save a = document I=20 can only save it under the general heading of document and cannot access = any of the folders in document. Once done I can work around it and=20 manually place the document in folder I want but that is very = cumbersome. =20 Do I need to reinstall office X with the various updates or is there = something=20 else? Help queries do not answer the question. I think if you click on an arrow near the top of the Save As dialog, the dialog will expand to show you your folder tree. A tad counter-intuitive... DM "...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

who controls the encoding when transforming xml?
I do a transform of an xml document into another xml using XslTransform. In my xsl file, I specify using <xsl:output encoding="utf-8"/>. However, when my transform is done, the resulting xml is in utf-16. What gives? Anyone? Your Xml doc is probably UTF-16 encoded. You might want to check what encoding the Xml doc was saved with. Maybe even try saving it as UTF-8 - in notepad say. Any joy? Steven Founder, http://venturetogether.com "Jiho Han" <jiho.han@infinityinfo.com> wrote in message news:#aSeTVP7DHA.2432@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I do a transform ...

Lost document
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Can anyone help??? <br> I have been working on an excel (Office for Mac) spreadsheet for a week. I have been saving it on my work network which I access from home through 'Shared' on Finder. I finally finished it tonight and saved it but wanted to rename the file. Instead of doing 'Save As' I double clicked file name and re-entered text. However, I think I accidentally used a character which shouldn't be used in filenames &quot;/&quot; and when I clicked enter, the excel file icon a...

Examples of Add-ons
Does anyone have examples of add-ons for Visio? dave There is a full SDK for Visio complete with code examples on MSDN. The SDK for Visio 2003 is not yet available, but here is a link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/understanding/visio/ Meanwhile, look at the SDK for Visio 2002 and earlier here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/office/previous/visio/default.aspx -- Mark Nelson Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "dave" <shollas@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:u$YI1rz0DHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &...

ERROR saving Grid as XML
SCENARIO ======================================= I have a Grid and I want to save the values on an XML. Let me say that I am NOT using DataSet to load valus on my grid. PROBLEM ======================================= When I am saving a Grid to XML I get the following exception: "Token StartElement in state Epilog would result in an invalid XML document" SOURCE CODE ======================================= myXmlTextWriter = new XmlTextWriter (aFileName, null); myXmlTextWriter.Formatting = Formatting.Indented; myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartDocument(); myXmlTextWriter.WriteStartElem...

How do I find where I stopped editing a document?
In Word 2003, I could use Shift F5 when I opened a document to find where I left off editing it the last time I opened it. This doesn't seem to work in Word 2007, at least not consistently. Is there some other menu item or keyboard shortcut I can use, or are there some circumstances under which Shift F5 will work? Unfortunately, it doesn't work in XML (*.docx) documents, only those saved in Word 97-2003 format. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Shortcut Jane" <Shortcut Jane@discus...

need example code to get the contactID from SFA/conts/edit.aspx...
Hi!! My question is: How can I get the right ContactID from the current/opened Contact in Microsoft CRM? Can I read the ContactID out from the URL? Is there an example Code available? Microsoft�s SDK for CRM is not very helpful for this Problem. Has anybody already an example code? Thank you for your help! Greetings Daniel You should be able to get it from the query string, as long as you make sure that the entry in the isv.config file with the link to your app has the variable "PassParams" equal to 1 For example: <Button Title="Test" ToolTip="Info on Test&qu...

Visio 2003 Examples
There are some very good examples of what Visio 2003 can do available on the Microsoft Download site. Unfortunately they support the view that if you are serious about network support, Visio 2003 is content free and you will lose a significant amount of functionality by migrating from Visio 2002 with VENT. For the networking professional most of the networks support has been gutted from the new release..... al ...

Retrieving values from XML file
I want to be able access an xml file using an XPath? query to go to a specific node. Once I have that node I want to be able to retrieve the value of an attribute. Can't seem to get this working using the 2.0 Framework. Here's a sample of the XML <Agency> <vu_Agency AgencySysNo="1" Name="Dept 1"/> <vu_Agency AgencySysNo="2" Name="Dept 2"/> </Agency> The code I'm playing with is... Dim document As XPathDocument = New XPathDocument(ConfigurationManager.AppSettings("xmlPath").ToString() & "A...

Systray example
I want to create a helper app that controls the communcations port. The main application will load this helper when it the main app launches. I would like the helper to be in the background and I would like to install an icon on the systray. Does anyone know of a sample that may help get started? thanks This might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/shell/mfcstartup.asp Tom "mike" <nospamplease> wrote in message news:eslKtp7GGHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I want to create a helper app that controls the communcations port. The >main application will load thi...

eConnect Issues For Invoicing Taxable Items
I have an ASP.NET web application that I am integrating with a GP 10 backend. Namely, a user can place an order online and after some processing an invoice gets added to GP. I have successfully integrated one part of the application where there are no taxes involved, but am having issues creating an invoice that includes taxes. Here is the error message that I'm getting: Tax table detail does not equal the tax amount Node Identifier Parameters: taSopHdrIvcInsert The invoice contains two line items, one is taxable and one is not. For the first line item I specify: UNITPRCE...

2/17 Document a bankrupt company & their stock Money Deluxe 2005.
Does anyone know how to document in the account register the fact that a company is no longer traded and has zero value? I am trying to balance the statement from my broker with the account register. The only method I have found is to show it as a sale, which is obviously incorrect. Also is there any way to have Money track the stock symbol for bankrupt company? I owned shares in Acterna, which my broker tracks as ACTRQ & Yahoo tracks as ACTN.PK? In microsoft.public.money, RobG_money wrote: >Does anyone know how to document in the account register the fact that a >company...

Cannot delete xml file - file based event scheduling
Hi, I have a report scheduled with File based event scheduling in CR XI Server version 11.5. The report is created with XML file as its datasource. The report will be triggered if the event of xml file is created in the source directory. As per the schedule, it will look for the event to occur every 1 minute. Since I need to enerate this report everytime the file comes into the directory, I have to delete the file after he report is generated, so that, next time the file comes in, the report will be generated again. After the report is run for the first time successfuly as the event occurs...

Example needed for gethostbyaddr Pwease =)
Hi :) My app needs to take a given IP and reverse (DNS) it to its machine name. I read a few articles on gethostbyaddr but I just cant get it to do anything except give me the ip back. Can someone show me how to reverse an IP address correctly? This is what I'm trying (keep in mind I'm in way over my head) :) VString address = "172.22.12.100"; struct hostent *pHost; pHost = gethostbyname(address); MessageBox(NULL, pHost->h_name, "test", MB_OK); Any code guru's out there wanna help a lady out? Thanks! char *arg = "a.b.c.d"; DWORD ip = inet_add...

Excel adds 1 to the title of my document
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C3DC33.7D9B5300 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Why is it that when I open up a document up in Excel it adds a 1 after = the title? Then when I=20 go to save it, it doesn't want to save to the document that I want. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C3DC33.7D9B5300 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML&g...

tool to convert text to XML
Hello, Can any one please let me know if there is any open source tool which converts text into XML... regards, Praveen *** Sent via Devdex http://www.devdex.com *** Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it! praveen kumar wrote: > Can any one please let me know if there is any open source tool which > converts text into XML... Depends on which text you are talking about. For CSV take a look at XmlCSVReader. -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP] http://blog.tkachenko.com ...

TOM example
has anyone got any good examples of the Text Object Model? I'm using it with Rich Edit 2.0. in particular using: ITextRange->GetText() ITextRange->SetText() i've got the reference material from MSDN but could do with some examples of how to use these with CStrings especially. ...

Shortcut documents
I've a customer who wants to link documents (information) into MS CRM (Accounts or Notes for Accounts). Somebody out there who can help me with how I could do this in an easy way? Hans I. Letnes ...

Help associate xml to xsd (schema) file...
I have translated a DTD to an XML Schema (XSD) file by hand, and the = Schema View in Visual Studio .NET 2003 seems to diplay everything = properly. However, when I specify the schemalocation in my xml files, VS.NET still = reports that no schema could be located. Here are the relevant (maybe) = portions of the files: FROM THE SCHEMA FILE (mydoc-v2.xsd) <?xml version=3D"1.0" encoding=3D"utf-8" ?> <xs:schema targetNamespace=3D"http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema.xsd" elementFormDefault=3D"qualified" xmlns=3D"http://tempuri.org/XMLSchema.x...

Excel only shows only one document open on the Taskbar.
Excel only shows one document open as a Taskbar button. How do I change the settings so that all open documents appear on the Taskbar as separate buttons? Tools>options>view check windows in taskbar Regards, Peo Sjoblom "tubroh730" wrote: > Excel only shows one document open as a Taskbar button. How do I change the > settings so that all open documents appear on the Taskbar as separate buttons? Options - View - Windows in Taskbar "tubroh730" wrote: > Excel only shows one document open as a Taskbar button. How do I change the > settings so tha...

XML Schema Inherits
Can one XML Schema Inherit another ? mreid@exhibitworks.com wrote: > Can one XML Schema Inherit another ? Schema itself - not (schema can include/import/redefine another schema). Types - yes. -- Oleg Tkachenko XML Insider http://www.tkachenko.com/blog ...

eConnect Cash Receipt Transactions
Hi all. I'm using eConnect to store cash receipt transactions (<taRMCashReceiptInsert> schema), and apply them to pending invoices (<taRMApply> schema). All these transactions are stored on-line, and are assigned a batch id for later posting to General Ledger (GL). The problem is when the transaction is multi-currency (payment is received in a currency other than the functional currency). In this case, I get an error telling me that multi-currency transactions must be posted (to GL) before applying them to pending documents. My questions: can I send a "post" ...