Error with "Export to Excel" - HELP

In Great Plains from any results of a search window, there is an Excel
program icon in the top bar.  When I click on the icon to export my search
result to an Excel speadsheet, no data is transferred.  Excel is opened but
the page is empty AND I receive an error message: Product = Extender, Script
= Export_ListView of for ExcelExportObject, Error Class =
EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION, SubClass = ExceptionSubClass:-2147352559,
Error = Does not support a collection II.  My company has a site site
license with 35 users and NO ONE else has this probem.  I had my IT person
re-format the hard drive and load everything back on to this clean drive.
Still the same problem. HELP.

0
mgray (3)

It sounds like it is a permissions problem.
Try making this user the administrator of his machine and see if the problem
goes away.
We can remove the user from the admin role and just give permissions to the
required registry keys

HS

"msnews.microsoft.com" <mgray@accessmediquip.com> wrote in message
> In Great Plains from any results of a search window, there is an Excel
> program icon in the top bar.  When I click on the icon to export my search
> result to an Excel speadsheet, no data is transferred.  Excel is opened
> but
> the page is empty AND I receive an error message: Product = Extender,
> Script
> = Export_ListView of for ExcelExportObject, Error Class =
> EXCEPTION_CLASS_OBJECT_EXCEPTION, SubClass =
> ExceptionSubClass:-2147352559,
> Error = Does not support a collection II.  My company has a site site
> license with 35 users and NO ONE else has this probem.  I had my IT person
> re-format the hard drive and load everything back on to this clean drive.
> Still the same problem. HELP.

0
HSalim (1270)

CRM 3.0 Export to Excel rows limit?
Is there a limit how many rows can be exported to Excel? If yes where can it be changed? Dynamic Export results in ~17.000 records, Static Export in ~10.000 (but not exactly 10.000)! TIA Stefan yes you can. There's registry setting the you need to create on the server where CRM resides. You need to open registry editor, navigate to HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM. Create a new DWORD value called 'maxrecordsforexporttoexcel' and then give it any value. The minimum number of records that can be exported is 500. This registry setting affects the number of rec...

Programmatically Export to Excel
I have a report that is generated each month showing patient intake and discharge dates, length of stay, and charge (length of stay multiplied by a specific dollar amount). But for some reason my boss wants that report in the form of an Excel spreadsheet. Is there a way to programmatically export the base recordset to an Excel spreadsheet? It depends on the type of report, and if you wish to create graphs... Try this and see if it suffices your needs. Open your report. Then goto Tools - Office Links - Analyze with Microsoft Office Excel If this is good enough to meet your needs then pos...

Export to Excel
Hi, I tried to use the template that has 20 worksheets with own differnent heading. I have 17 Queries that were set by order 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. When I click a button and i want each queries slot into each worksheet#1, #2, #3 with no change on heading. Query#1 = Worksheet #1 Query#2 = Worksheet #2 ..... .... Query#17 - Worksheet #17 I want to export the data to A5 (cell). A1 to A4 is for heading only. The template has all worksheets with heading (A1-A4). Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks I assume your code creates a copy of the template and exports each query to the specifie...

export to excel permissions
I need to deny a user export contacts and accounts records to excel. Although export of opportunities, invoices and so on must be available. I know this is impossible by design. Any ideas, if I could provide this functionality with some extensions? SDK is pretty much the only option for this one. Good luck. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "evgeniy_pmsoft" wrote: > I need to deny a user export contacts and accounts records to excel. > Although export of opportunities, invoices and so on must be > avail...

Export to Excel with form Progress Bar
I have a form which when clicking the command button transfers (or exports) the data from two separate tables in my database into two separate Excel spreadsheets While this is running, I would like to show its status using a progress bar (built into the form, rather than showing it on the status bar, which is hidden) - I've searched on the net but cannot seem to find what I am looking for. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dan How about this one: http://accessmvp.com/SDaigle/ProgressMeter.ZIP -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://...

Export to Excel question
I have a project where I must export my OUTLOOK 2002 data to EXCEL regularly for manipulation in EXCEL. When the OUTLOOK data is exported, all of the OUTLOOK fields are included. However, I only need a few fields (name, address, phone number). So I have to do a lot of deleting of EXCEL columns that I do not need, after each export. I would like to create a template of some kind that would have Outlook only export the few fields I need, instead of all of the OUTLOOK data. Is this possible, and if so, how? ...

VC++ Export to Excel
Hi, I have a pre-existing VC++ application, and I need to add functionality to allow it to export files to Excel format. I did some research, and found some code that looks promising as a sample, however I'm getting "not found" errors for _Worksheets, _Workbook, and _Application. I searched my machine and couldn't find any #include files for those types. Any ideas or alternate paths for this functionality? Here's the sample code that I got from another page (error checking left out for brevity): CLSID clsid; CLSIDFromProgID(L"Excel.Application", &a...

export to excel
Hello. I have a gridview that has a nested gridview. I want to export the main gridview information. I have been able to export other gridviews but none had a nested gridview. My first thought was to export the underlying sqldatasource rather then the gridview. Also, the information is already available so a trip to the server would not be necessary. I have googled and found some but couldn't get then to work properly. By that I mean formatting, etc. What I am trying now is the following; protected void btnExportToExcel_Click(object sender, EventArgs e) { ...

Monitoring Data Export to Excel in GP
Hi I was wondering if there is any way to figure who and what info is being exported into excel. I'm not sure if this can be done through audit reports. Maybe it can be done at the DB level. Any insights? Thanks A few options: 1) Put a Dexterity trigger on the Excel button that will record info into the Audit Log table. You can log the Smartlist being exported too. 2) Add VBA scripting on the Excel button that will log into a custom table the user information and the Smartlist that is being exported. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, ...

Export to Excel Problem
Dear all, I'm trying export a search result from the Form View by using the following command. Public Sub cmdExport_Click() Dim fileName As String fileName = InputBox("Export Excel file name:", "Enter file name") DoCmd.OutputTo acForm, "SearchRecords", "MicrosoftExcel(*.xls)", "c:\" & fileName & ".xls", True, "" End Sub However, as a result, for all the fields which the field type are MEMO and containing data exceed 255 characters were cutted down to only 255 characters in the exported excel file....

Export to Excel
In Great Plains and using Extender Search, I get an error: "Does not support a collection." when attemping to export data from the search results window to Excel via the Excel icon on the tool bar. The program Excel is started up but all I get is a blink worksheet with no data. All other machines in the company work correctly. This machine was just wiped clear and all software reloaded. After completing this wipe and reformating of the hard drive with no luck, my IT guy said I need to suffer with it. Please help. mgray@accessmediquip.com you may want to try this: ask y...

Timeout when running a large export to Excel
I had at a customer today "time outs" when trying to export 10,000 records to excel. The fix was to place: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="900"/> in the system.web section of the ms crm web.config. This fixed the problem Kind Regards Mike Mike: Thank you for your answer... because I am retarded... where in teh file below do I add your line of code <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <configuration> <system.web> <compilation defaultLanguage="C#" debug="false"> <assemblies> ...

Smartlist too long to export to Excel
Good morning! I routinely work with Smartlists that are larger that the 65,532 line limit of Excel. I would like to be able to run the Smartlist once and still get all the data to come across to Excel. I am thinking that the first 65,000 lines go to Sheet1, the second 65,000 to Sheet2, etc. The other option would be to have the Smartlist download directly to Access. Thank you for your help. I would not recommend using Smartlist to export your raw data (slow and limited to record size). Are you exporting, then using excel to analyze/report the data? I would recommend creating sql...

open 2003 db in 2007
i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is greyed out. what is wrong? xin wrote: >i have a database created in a previous version of access and i have opened >it in 2007. i want to export a report to excel, but the excel option is >greyed out. what is wrong? I think they removed that capability because it caused so much trouble or only worked in very specific circumstances. The solution to your problem is the same as it was in earlier versions: Export the report's rec...

Force to new line
In access I'm using Chr(13) & Chr(10) to force to new line and it works fine. However when I export to excel all data is in one line and. How can I carry over the new line to excel? Jack Got it. There is option in access to keep the layout and formatting during export steps. ...

Payables Transaction Inquiry Export to Excel
It would be nice to have an Excel button in the Payables Transaction Inquiry Vendor to just hit a button instead of having to export through the print screen which seems take a lot of time. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busin...

Export To Excel error
I have a report with numeric data that displays correctly on a web page or exported as csv or xml. However, when it's exported as Excel, the "number" formated column displays as "#Value!". the currency formated column displays correctly everywhere. The numeric column is an integer and is a sum (ie. Sum(Fields!MonthUnits.Value). What should I change to get the data to display correctly in Excel. I can't find any other instances in the other reports. Thanks in advance, Kevin On 9 Nov, 22:30, "Kevin Vogler" <kvog...@turnkeytec.com>...

Export to Excel error
OK We have Great plains 6.0 with office XP Export a list to excel doesn,t work at all but is fine with Office 97 I tried to export from GP 8.0 to Office XP and it works Security for the "c:`\dynamics\ is OK for GP 6.0 any ideas??? Fabien Poirier D�pt. Informatique Fabspec Inc. 160 rue du Roi, C.P. 130 Sorel-Tracy, Qu�, J3P 5N6 tel: 450-742-0451 Informatique@fabspec.qc.ca Zapper, Try taking the exp1493.exe from Great Plains 8.0 application folder and placing it in the Great Plains 6.0 folder. Take a backup of this file first. Robert "zapper" <...

Improving Export to Excel Performance
I have some users performing the Export to Excel function on Advanced Find results amounting to 20,000 to 40,000 records. Returning the query results takes a reasonable amount of time--5 to 10 seconds give or take. The user then chooses Export to Excel and the option to export all records in the current view to a static worksheet. The process to generate the file and show the prompt to save takes between six and ten minutes. The Advanced Find query is not particularly complex. It is basically all leads from the last 6 months from a specified source, with a certain value for an attribute...

SmartList Export to Excel Opens Another Instance of Excel
Client just moved from SP1 to SP2 on v9 Dynamics GP. Also using Excel 2003. Complaint is that while on SP1, they could export from SmartList to Excel; with Excel adding workbooks to the current Excel instance. Through the toolbar window, they could easily flip through workbooks (they have several various exports throughout their daily routine). However, now with SP2, each export will open a new instance of Excel. This results in several Excel programs open at the bottom of the screen, with each containing only one workbook. Although this may seem trivial, it does make it inco...

Smartlist export to Excel #2
Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. When exporting 'Inventory Purchase Receipt' information to Excel, quantities receipt and quantities sold, greather than 1000, are shown only the first digit in Excel, for example 4,799 is shown for 4. Any idea how to fix it??? Thanks, -- Toni Sounds more likely that the file is being exported as a csv using the print function in smartlist. -- Mick "Toni" wrote: > Quantities for Inventory Items are set-up in our database with zero decimals. > When exporting 'Inventory Purchase ...

CRM 3.0 export to EXCEL error
Hi, On the clients with Vista and office 2007, when we tried to export to EXCEl, got the following error: Connect failed: SQLState 2800 SQL Server error 18452 Login failed for user null. Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQl server connection. With this user, it works well under Xp and office 2003. Any suggestions? Thank you very much! Cindy, Have you installed latest updates for CRM 3.0? If not pls. Here is the latest. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=D5B1FBBE-DFC2-4A33-B5FD-CAE99E8E9DAB&displaylang=en Venkat. http://venkatbendalam.blogspot.com/ "Ci...

FRx SP10 Export to Excel
Hello all, We have encountered a problem in FRx whereby: - a report is set to output to Excel (with Export Formulas switched on) - the row contains a total - there is more than one column of figures The formula in the total cell will be the same for every column - i.e. it will show the total of the first column in every column of data. Naturally we can get around this by turning off Export Formulas, but this is hardly a good solution. Similar issues seem to have been reported in KB902625 and KB865083, but both of these were subsequently fixed in earlier Service Packs. Has the bug been rein...

export to excel #4
I have a user that exports to excel and then uses excel to move or copy to a different work book. v10 exports the function to go accross work books is not a option anymore. How can I get this to work with GP v10 within citrix v10. ...

Export to excel #2
Hi, I am using Great Plains 7.5. I have created my own table.Now I want to export the my table data to excel.I have tried by writing to a CSV file using run report command even then it is not proper and it is a not a excel file. Can someone help me in exporting my table doing just like smart list in GP 7.5. Thanks & Regards Santysels Are you on SQL Server? Do you have SQL Enterprise Manager? If yes, you can use the DTS export/import feature. It is fairly straight forward. "Santysels" wrote: > Hi, > > I am using Great Plains 7.5. I have created my own table.Now ...