Error running Calculate to setup New Fiscal Period

We have moved from a fiscal period to a calendar period.  We are trying to
update the fiscal period, but when we go to calculate we get the following
error:

 [Microsoft][odbc sql server driver][sql server] cannot insert the value
NULL into column ‘PERDENDT’ table FATST.dbo.SY40100’,column does not allow
nulls. INSERT fails.

Then when you OK out we get this error:

The stored procedure smPeriodSetupCalculate returned the following results:
DBMS:515, Dynamics:0.

We've done several searches in the Knowledge Base as well as this newsgroup
and we haven't found anyone else having this problem.  We did at the request
of support backed up our database, deleted the SY40101 & SY40100 tables
following TN 874133, and restored the tables from the backed up database to
the working database.
0
JTT_IMIT (20)

Hi JTT!

I have had similar problem in the past with the period setup table. My issue
was caused by the regional settings NOT being in American date style
(MM/DD/YY)

The PERDENDT was a new field introduced in version 7.0.

Reviewing the smPeriodSetupCalculate stored procedure, it appears that this
stored procedure has not been updated to include this new field (even in
version 7.5 & 8.0) in the INSERT statements.

The error message further implies that the GPS_DATE default has not be
binded to the column in your installation.

The following needs to be run against your company database in Query
analyzer.
This code has been extracted from the .\sql\company\tables.cmp file

/* ################### start here ############## */

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[CLOSED]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[FORIGIN]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_CHAR]', N'[SY40100].[ODESCTN]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_DATE]', N'[SY40100].[PERDENDT]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_DATE]', N'[SY40100].[PERIODDT]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PERIODID]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_CHAR]', N'[SY40100].[PERNAME]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PSERIES_1]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PSERIES_2]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PSERIES_3]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PSERIES_4]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PSERIES_5]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[PSERIES_6]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[SERIES]'
GO

EXEC sp_bindefault N'[dbo].[GPS_INT]', N'[SY40100].[YEAR1]'
GO

/* ########### END HERE ########## */

Robert

"JTT" <JTT_IMIT@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> We have moved from a fiscal period to a calendar period.  We are trying to
> update the fiscal period, but when we go to calculate we get the following
> error:
>
>  [Microsoft][odbc sql server driver][sql server] cannot insert the value
> NULL into column 'PERDENDT' table FATST.dbo.SY40100',column does not allow
> nulls. INSERT fails.
>
> Then when you OK out we get this error:
>
> The stored procedure smPeriodSetupCalculate returned the following
results:
> DBMS:515, Dynamics:0.
>

> We've done several searches in the Knowledge Base as well as this
newsgroup
> and we haven't found anyone else having this problem.  We did at the
request
> of support backed up our database, deleted the SY40101 & SY40100 tables
> following TN 874133, and restored the tables from the backed up database
> the working database.

Robert C

You are the reason newsgroups are so useful.  We have a support ticket with
Microsoft and they didn't even have an answer for us.  I ran what you posted
and our errors are fixed.

I cannot thank you enough, if this was eBay I'd give you A+++++.

Thanks again-

JTT

"Robert C" wrote:

> [...]
> > update the fiscal period, but when we go to calculate we get the following
> > error:
> >
> >  [Microsoft][odbc sql server driver][sql server] cannot insert the value
> > NULL into column 'PERDENDT' table FATST.dbo.SY40100',column does not allow
> > nulls. INSERT fails.
> >
> > Then when you OK out we get this error:
> >
> > The stored procedure smPeriodSetupCalculate returned the following
> results:
> > DBMS:515, Dynamics:0.
> >

> > We've done several searches in the Knowledge Base as well as this
> newsgroup
> > and we haven't found anyone else having this problem.  We did at the
> request
> > of support backed up our database, deleted the SY40101 & SY40100 tables
> > following TN 874133, and restored the tables from the backed up database

0
JTT_IMIT (20)
2/24/2005 4:19:02 AM
Hi JTT!

Hopefully this messages posts!
Anyhow, the sotred procedure smPeriodSetupCalculate does not list the field
PERDENDT in the insert statement.
This was a new field in Version 7.0. It appears the stored procedure was not
updated.

The fix would be to ensure that defaults have been binded to the table.
How? Execute the following code against your company database in Query
Analyzer.
This code was extracted from the .\sql\company\tables.cmp file.

Robert

/* ######### start of code ########## */
[...]

/* ####### end of code ######## */

"JTT" <JTT_IMIT@nospam.postalias> wrote in message
> We have moved from a fiscal period to a calendar period.  We are trying to
> update the fiscal period, but when we go to calculate we get the following
> error:
>
>  [Microsoft][odbc sql server driver][sql server] cannot insert the value
> NULL into column 'PERDENDT' table FATST.dbo.SY40100',column does not allow
> nulls. INSERT fails.
>
> Then when you OK out we get this error:
>
> The stored procedure smPeriodSetupCalculate returned the following
results:
> DBMS:515, Dynamics:0.
>

> We've done several searches in the Knowledge Base as well as this
newsgroup
> and we haven't found anyone else having this problem.  We did at the
request
> of support backed up our database, deleted the SY40101 & SY40100 tables
> following TN 874133, and restored the tables from the backed up database
> the working database.

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

How to run Word macro in Excel macro
I am trying to run a Word macro in Excel macro. Could someone show me an sample? Thanks Kevin Kevin, Try something like the following Dim WD As Word.Application Dim Doc As Word.Document Set WD = New Word.Application With WD Set Doc = .Documents.Open("C:\doc1.doc") .Run "Doc1!TheMacro" Doc.Close savechanges:=False .Quit End With -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Kevin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0dfe01c3a3b1$8515c0...

Found new abstract artist webpage
I found this new artist and I love the work. I have already have a couple hanging in my home. http://www.geocities.com/thtrchk/ ...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

Embedded graphics in Outlook 2007 running on WinXP
The graphics are visible but I cannot save them as anything other than Scrap (.shs) files. I wish to save as a .jpg. Which configuration have I missed or is there a downloadable solution to this? Regards Please follow KB article 917120 on www.support.microsoft.com When followin the article on step 3 "Start the imaging program that you want to use." - you can use paint as the imaging program Regards "PeterL" <peterl@national.com> wrote in message news:uhYQ19fuIHA.5472@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > The graphics are visible but I cannot save them as anything oth...

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Time calculation 01-21-10
Hello, I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out are based on short time format i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each employee have im getting a wrong calculation Example ID Employee date totalk wrking hours 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 ...

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

new installation and my inbox doesn't show hotmail folders or mai.
Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, they all display in a separate folder Http accounts will always have a separate folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Faith asked: | Help I can't get Inbox to display any items from my hotmail inbox, | they all display in a separate folder ...

New 2005 Installation.
Am trying to install 2005 fresh, ie not an upgrade. I get stopped at the passport screen. I enter my passport email address and password but it tells me one is incorrect. I can go to MSN and sign into passport with no problem using the same password and email. Any help??? Do you have a firewall? You might have to make changes. "Dean Davis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387701c4aa42$2c1f51b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Am trying to install 2005 fresh, ie not an upgrade. I > get stopped at the passport screen. I enter my passport > ema...

CObject Private method access error

New CRM Database Views
I am need of creating a new CRM view to handle some report requirements. I have read that views that use views are supported and I have read that I need to create a new database adjacent to the CRM database. How are any of youh hanlding New CRM Database Views? If you scroll down the CRM tables in OrganizationName_MSCRM database then you will see the ffiltered views of table. I have created Reports in Business intelligence by using existing views of CRM . These views correspond to the security role of crm users. /Aamir Hello there, It's a good practice to create a new database to hol...

Error in closing Outlook

Import fixed assets setup windows
Has anyone been able to succesfully import Asset Classes or Asset Account Groups? Also, I still do not understand how the indexing works in fixed assets. Does anyone have any information they can give me about the FAINDEX table or any tables that work with the Fixed assets indexing? Thanks! Juliet, I have succesfully imported both Classes and Account Groups. Fixed Assets uses indexes much like GP uses GL account indexes. Wherever GP refers to an account number it actually stores the account index instead of the actual account number. FA uses an index instead of the ID because the in...

Typing message error