Error message.

Hello,

I am using GP 7.50g3. I have installed the GP into a new notebook that come
with Windows Xp SP2 and get the following message. I have re-install GP many
times and still having the same problem.

"The Great_plains.vbs project references some objects that cannot be found.
These objects are listed in file: C:\MBS\GPS75\Dynamics.txt"

What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks

0
willy3006 (3)

You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will not get
the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom vba,
either. But, you may not need it.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"William Tan" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using GP 7.50g3. I have installed the GP into a new notebook that come
> with Windows Xp SP2 and get the following message. I have re-install GP many
> times and still having the same problem.
>

> "The Great_plains.vbs project references some objects that cannot be found.
> These objects are listed in file: C:\MBS\GPS75\Dynamics.txt"
>

> What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be
> greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks

0
callen (2505)
4/1/2006 7:26:01 AM
I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this error
but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will not get
> the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom vba,
> either. But, you may not need it.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "William Tan" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using GP 7.50g3. I have installed the GP into a new notebook that come
> > with Windows Xp SP2 and get the following message. I have re-install GP many
> > times and still having the same problem.
> >

> > "The Great_plains.vbs project references some objects that cannot be found.
> > These objects are listed in file: C:\MBS\GPS75\Dynamics.txt"
> >

> > What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be
> > greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks

0
scott7693 (519)
4/2/2006 12:11:01 AM
Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working like
it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
error.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this error
> but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will not
get
> > the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom vba,
> > either. But, you may not need it.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "William Tan" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using GP 7.50g3. I have installed the GP into a new notebook that
come
> > > with Windows Xp SP2 and get the following message. I have re-install
GP many
> > > times and still having the same problem.
> > >

> > > "The Great_plains.vbs project references some objects that cannot be
found.
> > > These objects are listed in file: C:\MBS\GPS75\Dynamics.txt"
> > >

> > > What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be
> > > greatly appreciated.
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
prot1 (1345)
4/2/2006 1:22:13 AM
Patrick is right. With this error message, Some of the item cannot be
display. Any advise is appreciate.

Thanks.

"Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
> suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
> error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
> telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
> could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working like
> it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
> better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
> error.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> rights.
>

> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this
>> error
>> but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.
>>
>> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>>
>> > You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will
>> > not
> get
>> > the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom
>> > vba,
>> > either. But, you may not need it.
>> > --
>> > Charles Allen, MVP

> come
> GP many

> found.

0
willy3006 (3)
4/2/2006 2:17:34 AM
What did you find in dynamics.txt?
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"William Tan" wrote:

> Patrick is right. With this error message, Some of the item cannot be
> display. Any advise is appreciate.
>
> Thanks.
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" <prot@online.microsft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
> > suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
> > error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
> > telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
> > could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working like
> > it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
> > better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
> > error.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >
> > --
> > rights.
> >

> > "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this
> >> error
> >> but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.

> > get

> > come
> > GP many

> > found.

0
callen (2505)
4/2/2006 2:28:01 AM
Patrick

If you can find out the setting, please do so. I would like to know.

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
> suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
> error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
> telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
> could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working like
> it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
> better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
> error.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this error
> > but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.
> >
> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will not
> get
> > > the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom vba,
> > > either. But, you may not need it.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

> come
> GP many

> found.

0
scott7693 (519)
4/2/2006 3:08:02 AM
William,

It will be best if you could let up know the details of Dynamics.txt file to
exactly trouble shoot the error and let you know.

Thanks.

0
Akram1 (98)
4/2/2006 9:11:02 AM
Akram,

I have check the content of the dynamics.txt file. To my surprise,
dynamics.txt is empty.

Any idea what happened?

"Akram" <Akram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> William,
>
> It will be best if you could let up know the details of Dynamics.txt file
> exactly trouble shoot the error and let you know.
>
> Thanks.

0
bht7123 (1)
4/3/2006 4:27:25 AM
William,

Since its empty and that means you have no VBA modification in you system,
close GreatPlains and Delete the Dynamics.txt file Restrat Great Plains you
should not see any error message.

"William Tan" wrote:

> Akram,
>
> I have check the content of the dynamics.txt file. To my surprise,
> dynamics.txt is empty.
>
> Any idea what happened?
>

> "Akram" <Akram@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > William,
> >
> > It will be best if you could let up know the details of Dynamics.txt file
> > exactly trouble shoot the error and let you know.
> >
> > Thanks.

0
Akram1 (98)
4/6/2006 7:22:01 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_DB20CBE8

Scott,

Well, I'd advise against using this as now you'll not have any kind of
warning that there is an issue.  But this comes from a very old KB article
that I'm somewhat suprised is public:

TechKnowledge Content
Question: In 4.0, the Welcome To Dynamics login window was added to VBA.
Now in 5.XX, the VBA does not run. I found that the window has changed from
4.0 to 5.XX. I recreated my changes in VBA but every time Dynamics is
launched it tells me that objects cannot be found and the DYNAMICS.TXT file
is being created. The entire VBA project could be recreated but that would
be a lot of work. Is there any way to suppress that message?

Answer: Yes. In your root Windows or WinNT directory, create a file called
DEXVBA.INI. Add the lines:

[General]
NoUnresolvedDialog=TRUE

This will suppress the warning for all VBA projects loaded.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
> suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
> error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
> telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
> could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working like
> it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
> better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
> error.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

rights.

> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this
error
> > but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.
> >
> > "Charles Allen" wrote:
> >
> > > You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will
not
> get
> > > the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom
vba,
> > > either. But, you may not need it.
> > > --
> > > Charles Allen, MVP

> come
> GP many

> found.

------=_NextPart_0001_DB20CBE8

\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20
\par \pard\li720 Scott,
\par
\par Well, I'd advise against using this as now you'll not have any kind of warning that there is an issue.  But this comes from a very old KB article that I'm somewhat suprised is public:
\par
\par TechKnowledge Content
\par Question: In 4.0, the Welcome To Dynamics login window was added to VBA. Now in 5.XX, the VBA does not run. I found that the window has changed from 4.0 to 5.XX. I recreated my changes in VBA but every time Dynamics is launched it tells me that objects cannot be found and the DYNAMICS.TXT file is being created. The entire VBA project could be recreated but that would be a lot of work. Is there any way to suppress that message?
\par
\par Answer: Yes. In your root Windows or WinNT directory, create a file called DEXVBA.INI. Add the lines:
\par
\par [General]
\par NoUnresolvedDialog=TRUE
\par
\par This will suppress the warning for all VBA projects loaded.
\par
\par patrick
\par mbs dev support
\par
\par
\par
\par Patrick
\par
\par If you can find out the setting, please do so. I would like to know.
\par
\par "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
\par
\par > Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
\par > suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
\par > error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
\par > telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
\par > could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working like
\par > it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
\par > better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
\par > error.
\par >
\par > patrick
\par > mbs dev support
\par >
\par > --
\par > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
\par >
\par >
\par > "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
\par > news:3C8F38D0-81E4-406B-B8E1-A5A226CA7B76@microsoft.com...
\par > > I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this error
\par > > but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.
\par > >
\par > > "Charles Allen" wrote:
\par > >
\par > > > You have some custom vba in dynamics.vba. If you rename it, you will not
\par > get
\par > > > the message when you start GP. Of course, you won't have any custom vba,
\par > > > either. But, you may not need it.
\par > > > --
\par > > > Charles Allen, MVP
\par > > >
\par > > >
\par > > >
\par > > > "William Tan" wrote:
\par > > >
\par > > > > Hello,
\par > > > >
\par > > > > I am using GP 7.50g3. I have installed the GP into a new notebook that
\par > come
\par > > > > with Windows Xp SP2 and get the following message. I have re-install
\par > GP many
\par > > > > times and still having the same problem.
\par > > > >
\par > > > >
\par > > > > "The Great_plains.vbs project references some objects that cannot be
\par > found.
\par > > > > These objects are listed in file: C:\\MBS\\GPS75\\Dynamics.txt"
\par > > > >
\par > > > >
\par > > > >
\par > > > >
\par > > > > What should I be doing to get this issue sorted out. Any help will be
\par > > > > greatly appreciated.
\par > > > >
\par > > > > Thanks
\par > > > >
\par > > > >
\par > > > >
\par >
\par >
\par >
\par \pard
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_DB20CBE8--

0
prot (52)
4/6/2006 10:39:38 PM
Patrick,
Does this KB work with Great Plains versions 8 and 9 too?
"Patrick[MSFT]" <prot@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Scott,
>
> Well, I'd advise against using this as now you'll not have any kind of
> warning that there is an issue.  But this comes from a very old KB article
> that I'm somewhat suprised is public:
>
> TechKnowledge Content
> Question: In 4.0, the Welcome To Dynamics login window was added to VBA.
> Now in 5.XX, the VBA does not run. I found that the window has changed
> from
> 4.0 to 5.XX. I recreated my changes in VBA but every time Dynamics is
> launched it tells me that objects cannot be found and the DYNAMICS.TXT
> file
> is being created. The entire VBA project could be recreated but that would
> be a lot of work. Is there any way to suppress that message?
>
> Answer: Yes. In your root Windows or WinNT directory, create a file called
> DEXVBA.INI. Add the lines:
>
> [General]
> NoUnresolvedDialog=TRUE
>
> This will suppress the warning for all VBA projects loaded.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support
>

> Patrick
>
> If you can find out the setting, please do so. I would like to know.
>
> "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
>> suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable the
>> error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
>> telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.  You
>> could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working
>> like
>> it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would be
>> better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
>> error.
>>
>> patrick
>> mbs dev support
>>
>> --
> rights.
>>

>> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I thought that there was a setting in dex.ini that will disable this
> error
>> > but I dont remember the setting. If anyone knows, please post.

> not
>> get
> vba,

> that
>> come
>> GP many

>> found.

> be

0
jacktundra (359)
4/7/2006 3:40:52 AM
My guess would be yes but I haven't tried it since I wrote this KB article
back in the 5.0 timeframe.  Again, I personally wouldn't use it and instead
resolve the actual issue.

The error that Scott is receiving is basically that the dynamics.vba file
sees references to some fields that it can't find.  This can be caused by
adding some fields to a window in VBA in modifier, then adding  window to
VBA and the fields you added.  Then delete the modified window.  Now vba
"knows" about these objects but can't find them and you'll get an error like
this.

So you probably could export the forms in the Customization Maintenance
window for the Great Plains product.  Personally I would do them one by one
to individual files.  Then rename the dynamics.vba and forms.dic.  Then
import the modified forms again.  Then import them back a few at a time and
don't import the "bad" one the dynamics.txt file is complaining about.

Or the easiest method would be to look in the dynamics.txt file and see what
the exact problem is and then in GP remove that window from VBA so it stops
giving you the error.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Patrick,
> Does this KB work with Great Plains versions 8 and 9 too?
> "Patrick[MSFT]" <prot@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Scott,
> >
> > Well, I'd advise against using this as now you'll not have any kind of
> > warning that there is an issue.  But this comes from a very old KB
article
> > that I'm somewhat suprised is public:
> >
> > TechKnowledge Content
> > Question: In 4.0, the Welcome To Dynamics login window was added to VBA.
> > Now in 5.XX, the VBA does not run. I found that the window has changed
> > from
> > 4.0 to 5.XX. I recreated my changes in VBA but every time Dynamics is
> > launched it tells me that objects cannot be found and the DYNAMICS.TXT
> > file
> > is being created. The entire VBA project could be recreated but that
would
> > be a lot of work. Is there any way to suppress that message?
> >
> > Answer: Yes. In your root Windows or WinNT directory, create a file
called
> > DEXVBA.INI. Add the lines:
> >
> > [General]
> > NoUnresolvedDialog=TRUE
> >
> > This will suppress the warning for all VBA projects loaded.
> >
> > patrick
> > mbs dev support
> >

> > Patrick
> >
> > If you can find out the setting, please do so. I would like to know.
> >
> > "Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Yes there is but I don't recall it offhand however I could find it I
> >> suppose.  A better question though is "why would you want to disable
the
> >> error?".  There is an issue with your VBA and that's what the system is
> >> telling you to look at the file and what it's having an issue with.
You
> >> could disable the message but the VBA still isn't going to be working
> >> like
> >> it should and thus maybe causing a problem for you.  I think it would
be
> >> better to know about it and take care of the problem than suppress the
> >> error.
> >>
> >> patrick
> >> mbs dev support
> >>
> >> --
> > rights.
> >>

> >> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > error

> > not
> >> get
> > vba,

> > that
> >> come
> >> GP many

> >> found.

> > be

0
prot1 (1345)

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

Excel Progrom Error

Setup of Generic Out of office Message office 2003/2007
Hi, Out Communications department want's us to setup a standard out of office message for all mailboxes in the organisation. They want every user to have access to the generic Out of Office message. Is there a way I can create an Outlook template or something that I could give all users to put in their mailbox Out of Office area. thanks -- Kath ...

Sharebuilder account import error

Messages saved to Deleted Items instead of Drafts
I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 (Office 2003 Pro) in Windows XP Pro SP2, with all available patches to Windows and Office. If I start a message or a Reply and click the Save icon, the saved message is "saved" to the Deleted Items folder instead of the Drafts folder. If I close the message (as one would do if one were planning to continue later) and empty the Deleted Items folder the message is lost. If I go to Tools, Options, Preferences, E-mail Options..., Advanced E-mail Options..., "Save unsent items in:" has "Drafts" selected, so it should save them in the...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

GP upgrade from 8 to 10 error message
I upgrade from GP7.5 to GP8 few months back and now I am trying to upgrade it to GP10 in lab environment. I followed the line by line instruction in upgrade instructions. I also installed sp3 but whenever I try to urn GP Utility it is giving me this error message "Database Name" Advanced security product 3104 does not support upgrading from version 7.50 or prior" "report scheduler Product 3278 does not support upgrading from version 7.50" Any help will be appreciated. Please be gentle it is my first time that I am playing with this product. Thanks, Abid, You m...

Pub error
I get the following message whenever I scan photos in Corel Photopaint and copy paste into Pub 2003. Happens on all my computers. Happens after scanning about 6 pictures or so. Publisher cannot launch or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete the task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available, delete some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it. Then try this task again. Is there a way to correct this? Scan your p...