Error in ODBC using Vista when installing Dynamics GP 10

We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to
the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We
created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install
GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot
login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation
on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45).

Anyone please help!!!
0
Yela (1)

Yela,

It seems that GP cannot access your databases, follow steps below:

1. Make sure that network remote connections in SQL Configuration is allowed.
2. Make sure that firewall on server is turned off or at least port 1433 is
available.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Yela" wrote:

> We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to
> the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We
> created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install
> GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot
> login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation
> on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45).
>
> Anyone please help!!!
Is the user on the workstation properly logged into the network?
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Yela" wrote:

> We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to
> the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We
> created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install
> GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot
> login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation
> on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45).
>
> Anyone please help!!!
0
info4071 (3004)
7/15/2009 11:18:01 PM
hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried your suggestions but it did not solve the problem, still the error
pop in when selecting a company in GP10. any other solutions.

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Yela,
>
> It seems that GP cannot access your databases, follow steps below:
>
> 1. Make sure that network remote connections in SQL Configuration is allowed.
> 2. Make sure that firewall on server is turned off or at least port 1433 is
> available.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Yela" wrote:
>
> > We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to
> > the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We
> > created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install
> > GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot
> > login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation
> > on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45).
> >
> > Anyone please help!!!
0
Jeremy1 (114)
7/17/2009 7:33:03 AM
Dear Richard,

Thanks for your reply. the user is properly logged into the network. any
other solutions?...

"Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:

> Is the user on the workstation properly logged into the network?
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Yela" wrote:
>
> > We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to
> > the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We
> > created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install
> > GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot
> > login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation
> > on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45).
> >
> > Anyone please help!!!
0
Jeremy1 (114)
7/17/2009 7:34:01 AM
This could be the type of ODBC connection.  I know in Windows 7 you must
setup a 32 bit ODBC connection rather than a standard 64bit ODBC conneciton.

In a Windows 7 environment you have to run this executable to create  a 32
bit ODBC connection before Great Plains will run:

Use this 32 ODBC tool C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to setup your
connection and you will work just fine.

"Jeremy" wrote:

> Dear Richard,
>
> Thanks for your reply. the user is properly logged into the network. any
> other solutions?...
>
> "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
>
> > Is the user on the workstation properly logged into the network?
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Yela" wrote:
> >
> > > We already installed Windows Small Business Server 2003, SQL 2005 server to
> > > the server, and Windows Vista. Then we install Microsoft Dynamics GP 10. We
> > > created two company database and install FRx in the server. When we install
> > > GP 10 in the workstation with Vista and created the ODBC connection we cannot
> > > login to the company. The ERROR messages was: "A get/change first operation
> > > on table 'SY_resourceActivity' (45).
> > >
> > > Anyone please help!!!
Related to this - can a Dynamics GP Version 10 SQL 2005 server sit behind a
firewall and have the GP clients still access it outside the firewall. Is it
matter of just opening up the port?

Thanks

"rstewart442" wrote:

> This could be the type of ODBC connection.  I know in Windows 7 you must
> setup a 32 bit ODBC connection rather than a standard 64bit ODBC conneciton.
>
> In a Windows 7 environment you have to run this executable to create  a 32
> bit ODBC connection before Great Plains will run:
>
> Use this 32 ODBC tool C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe to setup your
> connection and you will work just fine.
>
> "Jeremy" wrote:
>
> > Dear Richard,
> >
> > Thanks for your reply. the user is properly logged into the network. any
> > other solutions?...
> >
> > "Richard Whaley -- MVP 2006-2008" wrote:
> >
> > > Is the user on the workstation properly logged into the network?
> > > --
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008
> > > Documentation for Software Users
> > >
> > > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
OldSchool (39)

No page available for eConnect 10.0 SDK downloads in PartnerSource
Hi, I am trying to download the eConnect 10.0 SDK First Version (not the eConnect 10.0 SDK SP2) from the PartnerSource. But seems like I am taken to SP2 page and not to the basic version page. Can anyone send me the path to the eConnect 10.0 SDK Basic Version download page? Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Vaidy ...

Excel Progrom Error

Sharebuilder account import error

Followup on Copy Objects from Another A2007 db using vba
I created a form with several listboxes (one for each type of object...) allowing a user to select a "sandbox" FE (where newly modified objects have been tested...) and a "Production" FE (where users log in using Tony's AutoFE). The user selects the objects he wants to copy in each listbox (one listbox to a tab...), then clicks the "TransferSelected" button. Herewith the event procedure: Private Sub btnTransferSelected_Click() Dim ctl As Control Dim lngObjectType As AcObjectType Dim strObjectType As String Dim varItem As Varian...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

Problems with Using Query with Analyze it with Microsoft Excel
We have a problem with Access 2003 and EXCEL 2003. I have a QUERY from ACCESS 2003 and hit the following sequence of commands - "TOOLS" "OFFICE LINKS" and "ANALYZE IT WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL". I notice the Excel pops up and I see fields being imported and when it is down the Excel spreadsheet is blank - not even a blank spreadsheet comes up. What am I doing wrong. We need Access 2003 to link to the data in Excel so we can edit and modify it using EXCEL as well as ACCESS. Thanks for your help. JW ...

Create 2nd form using totals from 1st form
I have a main form called an invoice form where a user enters in information into Access regarding an invoice such as Invoice #, Invoice date, Vendor, etc. There is also a subform embedded in the Invoice form that shows lawyer details such as hours, rates, and projects and calculates a total amount per lawyer. My problem is I need another form which groups by invoice # the total fee amount per project, NOT per lawyer - and allows the user on this form to code the fees to a specific department and account so that the invoice can get paid. Does anyone have any idea how to do this? I ...

Macro using a cell reference
I have an aplication called DPlot that can take commands from inside excel using macros. I managed to interact already with it using the following: - Sub DownElevation() ' ' DownElevation Macro ' Macro recorded 24/03/2010 ' ' Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System") DDEExecute Channel, "[ContourViewChange(,-1)]" DDETerminate Channel End Sub Sub UpElevation() ' ' UpElevation Macro ' Macro recorded 24/03/2010 ' ' Channel = DDEInitiate("DPlot", "System") DDEExecute Channel, &qu...

error, chkdsk

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

vista publisher network places
i upgraded to Vista and am having trouble uploading to my website that has been up and running for years using xp and publisher 07. Now I keep getting an error message that "cannot find url or network connections. Vista does not have "network places". can anyone help me Prepare, publish, and maintain your Publisher Web site: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA100947601033.aspx It is written for Pub 2007, but if you are using IE7 instead of IE6, then the directions for using Vista would apply for Pub 2003. FTP uploading has changed with the introduction of IE7. Pa...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Time calculation 01-21-10
Hello, I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out are based on short time format i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each employee have im getting a wrong calculation Example ID Employee date totalk wrking hours 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 ...

how to install .oft files (forms) on a Clustered Exchange?
Hi All I have Exchange 2000 cluster active/passive. How does I install Outlook forms (.oft) files on a Clustered Exchange? Thank you, Jack Black ...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error