Error in 2009 Tax Update

Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 
2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount?
0
BobHarrison (192)
1/2/2009 10:30:01 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 5 followers. Follow

5 Replies
625 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Bob,

It's interesting that the value in the UPR41300 is wrong, but in the 
UPR41302 is correct for both Married and Single filing status. I am 
worndering what would GP do in this case?
 
Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 
> 2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/2/2009 10:58:25 PM
It looks like the value in UPR41302 would be used to calculate the  EIC for a 
payrun, but then the YTD amount would be compared against the value in 
UPR41300 to make sure it didn't go over the limit. Probably the only time 
this would be an issue would be if a company had something occur like having 
27 biweekly pays during a calendar year, which could happen if the first 
payroll date fell on Jan 1 and the last on December 31. (or in a leap year 
Jan 2 and Dec 31). So the error probably won't effect anyone, but let's get 
in right.

PS: I'm beginning to not trust Microsoft to get anything right the first 
time. So I check about everything. Maybe I should just do the tax updates 
manually, then I know they are correct???

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Bob,
> 
> It's interesting that the value in the UPR41300 is wrong, but in the 
> UPR41302 is correct for both Married and Single filing status. I am 
> worndering what would GP do in this case?
>  
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Bob Harrison" wrote:
> 
> > Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 
> > 2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount?
0
BobHarrison (192)
1/5/2009 1:39:25 PM
Ouch! I can see the impact, but one record out of a few hundred does not 
warrant going true the headache of creating the tax updates manually. 
However, I certainly see the importance of checking these files for accuracy 
after applying them.

Do you have a website I can add to the post I created on my blog reporting 
this issue, where people can go and check for federal/state tax brackets? I 
would like to also include your company name in the article.

You can see the post at  
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/01/incorrect-eic-value-in-2009-united.html

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> It looks like the value in UPR41302 would be used to calculate the  EIC for a 
> payrun, but then the YTD amount would be compared against the value in 
> UPR41300 to make sure it didn't go over the limit. Probably the only time 
> this would be an issue would be if a company had something occur like having 
> 27 biweekly pays during a calendar year, which could happen if the first 
> payroll date fell on Jan 1 and the last on December 31. (or in a leap year 
> Jan 2 and Dec 31). So the error probably won't effect anyone, but let's get 
> in right.
> 
> PS: I'm beginning to not trust Microsoft to get anything right the first 
> time. So I check about everything. Maybe I should just do the tax updates 
> manually, then I know they are correct???
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Bob,
> > 
> > It's interesting that the value in the UPR41300 is wrong, but in the 
> > UPR41302 is correct for both Married and Single filing status. I am 
> > worndering what would GP do in this case?
> >  
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Bob Harrison" wrote:
> > 
> > > Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 
> > > 2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
1/5/2009 3:25:00 PM
My company is Lighthouse. Website is lighthouserehab.com

This number can also be fixed right in GP by going to Microsoft Dynamics GP 
> Tools > Setup > System > Payroll Tax. Enter the system password, then 
select EIC as the tax code. The maximum EIC is setup on the lower left of 
that screen. Change is from $1750 (2008 amount) to $1826 (2009 amount). 

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Ouch! I can see the impact, but one record out of a few hundred does not 
> warrant going true the headache of creating the tax updates manually. 
> However, I certainly see the importance of checking these files for accuracy 
> after applying them.
> 
> Do you have a website I can add to the post I created on my blog reporting 
> this issue, where people can go and check for federal/state tax brackets? I 
> would like to also include your company name in the article.
> 
> You can see the post at  
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/01/incorrect-eic-value-in-2009-united.html
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Bob Harrison" wrote:
> 
> > It looks like the value in UPR41302 would be used to calculate the  EIC for a 
> > payrun, but then the YTD amount would be compared against the value in 
> > UPR41300 to make sure it didn't go over the limit. Probably the only time 
> > this would be an issue would be if a company had something occur like having 
> > 27 biweekly pays during a calendar year, which could happen if the first 
> > payroll date fell on Jan 1 and the last on December 31. (or in a leap year 
> > Jan 2 and Dec 31). So the error probably won't effect anyone, but let's get 
> > in right.
> > 
> > PS: I'm beginning to not trust Microsoft to get anything right the first 
> > time. So I check about everything. Maybe I should just do the tax updates 
> > manually, then I know they are correct???
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > Bob,
> > > 
> > > It's interesting that the value in the UPR41300 is wrong, but in the 
> > > UPR41302 is correct for both Married and Single filing status. I am 
> > > worndering what would GP do in this case?
> > >  
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Bob Harrison" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 
> > > > 2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount?
0
BobHarrison (192)
1/5/2009 3:36:01 PM
That incorrect amount could effect the last paychecks of the year. Assuming 
biweekly payperiods, an employee qualifying for the maximum EIC would get 
$70.23 per pay. After twenty-four pays, they would have received $1685.52 
leaving only $64.48 for the 25th pay and none for the last pay! 

"Bob Harrison" wrote:

> It looks like the value in UPR41302 would be used to calculate the  EIC for a 
> payrun, but then the YTD amount would be compared against the value in 
> UPR41300 to make sure it didn't go over the limit. Probably the only time 
> this would be an issue would be if a company had something occur like having 
> 27 biweekly pays during a calendar year, which could happen if the first 
> payroll date fell on Jan 1 and the last on December 31. (or in a leap year 
> Jan 2 and Dec 31). So the error probably won't effect anyone, but let's get 
> in right.
> 
> PS: I'm beginning to not trust Microsoft to get anything right the first 
> time. So I check about everything. Maybe I should just do the tax updates 
> manually, then I know they are correct???
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Bob,
> > 
> > It's interesting that the value in the UPR41300 is wrong, but in the 
> > UPR41302 is correct for both Married and Single filing status. I am 
> > worndering what would GP do in this case?
> >  
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Bob Harrison" wrote:
> > 
> > > Could Microsoft fix the Maximum Earned Income Credit Amount. It is $1826 for 
> > > 2009, not $1750 which is the old 2008 amount?
0
BobHarrison (192)
1/7/2009 7:56:06 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Excel Progrom Error
Hi there Happy new year to all. I often receive the folowing error message in a box titled "Program Error". EXCEL.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. The only option is OK which closes Excel. I do not know where the error log is created. I am using Office 2000 Service Pack 3 with Windows 2000 Professsional Service Pack 4. Can anybody throw some light on this error. Thanks in anticipation. Michael What are you doing at the time (i.e. is it consistent)? -- Regards; Rob ----------------...

Sharebuilder account import error
Invalid .qif header error when trying to import .qif file from sharebuilder accounts. Anyone know of a fix or experienced this problem?? I typed a long mail to sharebuilder regarding this issue...still waiting fora reply. Hopefully they will be able to help. Microsoft flat out told me it wasn't their issue and to contact my broker! No help AT ALL. Microshaft..... OMalley ...

Money 2006 - Canada
When I update prices in Portfolio Manager, all the stocks update fine, but none of the mutual fund prices have changed this year. I checked the "Pick Quotes to Download" pop-up and everything looks fine there. Any ideas? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050800080507010306050805 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/common/networkstatus.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0 *Canadian Mutual Funds not updating* *When: *Dec 31, 2006 *Effect: * When looking up the price (NAV) of...

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.
We have recently upraded our 2007 SP1 Primary DPM server to 2010 RC and it is working perfectly. I've set up a brand new, fresh Windows 2008 R2 Server for the secondary server, and have told it to protect one of the protection groups on the primary server. Everything works for a little while, but every half hour or so, the DPM service crashes and says: "Connection to the DPM service has been lost. Review the application event log for information about a possible service shutdown. ID: 917" Then asks to restart the administrator console. This kills the ...

ERROR
Hi I am using a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 on Windows XP, for some reason the account numbers (which someone input, along with addresses) have a little green mark in the corner of the cell. I thought it was to show that there is a comment, but it is not. When you click on the cell, a little warning sign shows, saying ERROR - number in this cell formatted as text or preceded by an apostrophe. When I click on the arrow by the warning sign, it says Number stored as text Convert to number Ignore error Edit in formula bar Error checking options Show formula in audinting toolbar Now I looked a...

error, chkdsk
Questio, when I try to open excel or winmx, an error pops up saying chkdsk, so i ran a chkdsk and it doesnt do anything. The error also says corrupted file. In excel I have some important work that I need to open, and it only opens in Turkish, if I change it to English, its a bunch of boxes and letters, its not my work I need. How do I change it back. What excel version are you using? Try to find somebody with 2003 to see if they can open the file. Otherwise you would look for some commercial software that might be of help http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb%3Ben-us%3B30...

auto updating source data
Hi I have a matrice that looks something like this: A B 1 service 1000 2 maintenence 500 3 transport 300 4 service 200 5 6 7 8 and from this I like to make a pie-chart with procentage of the costs. The problem is that I never know how many rows I will have and I would like to make my chart's source- data updated automaticaly, so I would have to specify it manually each time. Is this possible? will be thankfull for any comments tnx ...

error 0x800CCC0F
Dear Team; I am receiving the following error messages, please assist Could result be sent to lewis.king@riotinto.com regards Lew Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'brocolli & mushroom stir fry noodle', Account: 'pop.gmail.com', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server p...

4.4.7 error
I have problems on one client that they don't recieve all emails from people sending to them. I guess something is wrong in the configuration. When I do a nslookup -type=mx domain.com I just get unautharized answer. Also the ttl time is just 1800 when I do a dns report. Do the guys that handle the dns change this? The people that doesn't get their mail throw get the 4.4.7 error in return. Best regards Jimmy http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Surfer&q...

toolbar, date, services, errors, paste, minimized system restore doesn't work
I have a XP system that the toolbar does not show open programs, services do not seem to load at boot, the date is off by one month, I cannot paste anything that I copy, and system restore does not work. All of these issues started at the same time a few days ago. Has anyone else seen this group of errors? I am trying to resolve and do not know if it is a system update gone bad, or if maybe it is a viruse/malware issue. Please let me know if you had had these problems together and what you did to fix them. There is a very good chance that you are seeing the effects of a hi...

Excel error codes translations
hi, Does anybody know where I can find a kind of dictionary for Exce errors? The problem is sometimes I get an error message that is not in Englis and without error code and then looking for the solution I must kno its equivalent in English. Regards, Micha -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

delete server...routing master error
hello, I have 2 exchange servers (exch 2003) and i have to delete one of them. I changed all replication etc...(before we had also a 5.5 which is already removed) but when i stop the services and try to remove the server via system manager of my second exchange (the one that will stay) i get an error message that my server that i want to delete is the routing master for that group. How can i make my other server the routing master ? i don't have any site replication (deleted it because not necessary anymore). thnx, Philippe Go to routing groups > first routing group > mem...

Can you link many workbooks to one template? And Update?
I tack around 100 different workbooks. All are the same "template"; however, I often update the formulas and therefore must go back to each workbook and update them formulas. Is there a way to link all of the workbooks to a "template" to calculate the formulas? And can I change the one template formula so all the workbooks are updated at once? ...

Re: Money 2004
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried unregistering/re-registering the msxml3 DLL, but still no luck. However, knowing the help file topics are local might help with debugging this problem. thanks, randy "Randy" <nospam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:... > All, > > I've recently upgraded to Money 2004 Premium from 2003 Deluxe. I'm now > finding that I can't view any help topics--I get the "Unable to load topic. > Click here to try again." I've tried all the suggestions posted here and at > other sites: cleared out temporary in...

"File Error: Data May Be Lost" error when opening workbook saved in Mac
When I open in Excel 2007 for Windows workbook with charts saved in Mac OS, I see the message "File Error: Data May Be Lost". In Excel 2003 for Windows this message appears as many times as many sheets there are in workbook. Maybe someone knows what's the reason? Unfortunately you haven't provided the info needed... "Mac OS" means very little. The question is "What version of Mac Excel are you using, what file format are the files saved as & what type of content is in the files?" In general, what you're running into is that Excel 2003 &a...

Technical error
AMEX and Discover are not being sent over to the credit card processor during settlement. I comes up with a "TECHNICAL ERROR". Visa and MC are settling fine. Does anyone know what the problem is?? All are setup as different tranaction types in RMS and ALL authorize fine during the transaction process. Your merchant account is not correctly configured for AMEX & Discover. This is on the bank's side, not RMS. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me dir...

CObject Private method access error
Hi, I am trying to recompile application that has been developed in VC++ 6.0 with VC++2005.. While compiling, I'm getting the following error.. error C2248: 'CObject::CObject' : cannot access private member declared in class 'CObject' 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afx.h(553) : see declaration of 'CObject::CObject' 1> c:\program files\microsoft visual studio 8\vc\atlmfc\include\afx.h(524) : see declaration of 'CObject' 1> This diagnostic occurred in the compiler generated function 'CExcepti...

Error in closing Outlook
Application error ciceroUIWndFrame. The instruction at 0x7e430240 reference memory cannot be written 0x7e42631A Also unable to dial a phone using Outlook. Sanford Take a look here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/323613 -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Sanford Aranoff" <aranoff@analysis-knowledge.com> wrote in message news:4B6CD165.E7510293@analysis-knowledge.com... > Application error ciceroUIWndFrame. > The instruction at 0x7e430240 reference me...

Can't Erase Tapes: DPM Fails with Error ID:3308
I attempt to erase a tape and every time the DPM console crashes (sometimes two hours into the tape erase) and there is this error: * (000002L4) could not be erased for the following reason: (ID 3308) * DPM service terminated unexpectedly during completion of the job. The termination may have been caused by a system reboot. (ID 910) I can verify that the server has not rebooted. I'm using DPM 2007, with June Rollup, on Windows Server (x64) 2008. The server is a Dell PowerEdge R710. The tape drive is an LTO4 in a Dell PowerVault 124T Autoloader. This error seems to ...

Typing message error
I have an Asus Eee PC netbook which came with a Microsoft Works 2007 trial. I'm unable to type anything on a Word document. An error message flashes briefly at the bottom of the screen, "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked." I'm baffled. Is this a computer problem or a Works problem and how can this be fixed? Thank you. I would be surprised if any system nowadays came with a Works trial; more likely it is an Office 2007 trial (and if it *is* Works, then you're in the wrong discussion group). If the computer is quite new, then...

Receive an error message when you try to perform any editing tasks
Hi We have exch2003 cluster and recently we have some note book with Vista, now when we are accessing mailbox through OWA we are getting error when we want to edit (reply, forward) there is article from MS, we want to know does this article also apply to exch clsuter or it is for member server. The artical is http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=911829 Nagori Not sure what you mean by either exch cluster or member server, but basically you will need to install this patch on your FE and BE exchange servers, including your exch cluster servers. To install exch hotfixes or patches, move...

outlook.pst error message
When I attmept to open Outlook 2000 (in Windows XP) I get an error message that the file C:Documents and Setting\Owner Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst has detetected an error. It tells me to quit all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool. I have tried to run the repair tool many times and it always crashes before it fin9shes scanning the files. One time it finished the scan and stated that files were damaged and it asked if I wanted to Repair those files. I said yes and it froze up and would not respond. Are there any other ways ...

PM Transaction continuing error message #2
We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a query for all documents that were less than 1 or greater the 8 on the PM00400 & PM30200 tables. And updated the ones to what they needed to be. And it worked! And the message went away! But then we ...

Message "An error has occured" when click Activity
Hi All, After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". Has anybody encounter this issue before? Previously it was working fine, after we import the customization. I have problem to create new email activity. Thanks. -- Regards, Venedict what does the Event Viewer say? "Venedict" wrote: > Hi All, > > After creating a new case, when i try to create a new email activity, > message "An error has occured. Please contact your system administrator". &g...

error messages #3
I had the error message... > cannot SKU011.cab I soved this by following the instructions listed here. > http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/Profile/?referrer=http%3a%2f%2fsocial.msdn.microsoft.com%2fForums%2fen-US%2fvssetup%2fthread%2f5493e068-01d3-4e96-a9b1-58020bc94e69%2f&rh=YI7rGXc4iv4rR%2b2JUZeQQv4OEnxWySPD0w%2bJjbDQwzE%3d > Then I received the error message... > 1311 source not found C:\MSOCache\All > Users\90000409-6000-11D3-8CFE-015204838309\PA561401.CAB > I do not have the install disks for Microsoft Office Professional 2003. My > computer was build by som...