Error accessing sql data after GP 10 upgrade

We recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 10 and I now receive "Error accessing
sql data" when I try to print modified reports.  Any ideas on how to fix
without remaking the reports?

Glenn,

Did you import the modified reports using customization maintenance or just
used the upgraded version? if you didn't you will need to re-import.

Regards,
--
Mohammad R. Daoud
MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS

"Glenn_Lasowski" wrote:

> We recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 10 and I now receive "Error accessing
> sql data" when I try to print modified reports.  Any ideas on how to fix
> without remaking the reports?
I have tried to re-import the report but it fails and says that there are
problems with the dictionaries.

"Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:

> Glenn,
>
> Did you import the modified reports using customization maintenance or just
> used the upgraded version? if you didn't you will need to re-import.
>
> Regards,
> --
> Mohammad R. Daoud
> MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> Great Package For Business Solutions
> daoudm@greatpbs.com
> http://www.greatpbs.com
> http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
>

> "Glenn_Lasowski" wrote:
>
> > We recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 10 and I now receive "Error accessing
> > sql data" when I try to print modified reports.  Any ideas on how to fix
> > without remaking the reports?
Glen,

Did you check the list of reports that would not upgrade from 7.5 to 8.0?
Try exporting a package file from v10. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools >
Customize > Customization Maintenance; highlight all the customizations, then
click on the Export button. Provide a name, i.e., Customizations.Package.

Exit GP and delete your FORMS.DIC and REPORTS.DIC files found in the Program
Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\Data directory. If your modified forms and
reports dictionaries are shared on a server, have all users exit the system
and delete from that location.

Open GP and import the package file. This will create a fresh FORMS.DIC  and
a fresh REPORTS.DIC file in the location specified in the DYNAMICS.SET file.

Try to run your reports again. If you get the same error, I am afraid you
will have to delete the report in question, then rebuild because most likely
there was a change in the table (perhaps a column got removed or renamed)
that is being used by the report. You can also verify this by editing your
DEX.INI file and setting:

SQLLogODBCMessages=TRUE
SQLLogSQLStmt=TRUE

This in turn will create a DEXSQL.LOG file that you can use to check on the
specific error being generated.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Glenn_Lasowski" wrote:

> I have tried to re-import the report but it fails and says that there are
> problems with the dictionaries.
>
> "Mohammad R. Daoud" wrote:
>
> > Glenn,
> >
> > Did you import the modified reports using customization maintenance or just
> > used the upgraded version? if you didn't you will need to re-import.
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Mohammad R. Daoud
> > MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
> > Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85
> > Great Package For Business Solutions
> > daoudm@greatpbs.com
> > http://www.greatpbs.com
> > http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/
> >

> > "Glenn_Lasowski" wrote:
> >
> > > We recently upgraded from GP 7.5 to GP 10 and I now receive "Error accessing
> > > sql data" when I try to print modified reports.  Any ideas on how to fix
> > > without remaking the reports?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

No page available for eConnect 10.0 SDK downloads in PartnerSource
Hi, I am trying to download the eConnect 10.0 SDK First Version (not the eConnect 10.0 SDK SP2) from the PartnerSource. But seems like I am taken to SP2 page and not to the basic version page. Can anyone send me the path to the eConnect 10.0 SDK Basic Version download page? Thanks in advance. -- Regards, Vaidy ...

Replication and the 2 SQL Jobs "REPL-Snapshot"
Replication and the 2 SQL Jobs "REPL-Snapshot". We have disabled the jobs for 6 months. >From research my understanding is that these jobs just need to be run once to create the files in the mscrm/unc....folders. Once those files are created this job may be turned off. If any schema changes are made these would then need to be run again so that changes get reflected on the clients MSDE. I am after confirmation that the above is indeed correct The Sync is also very slow . Any advises ...

Excel Progrom Error

Data Migration Problem #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0029_01C4C0C4.D0290A10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Bonjour all, I have been struggling with the data migration problem for a long = time... and get stuck in the middle of the road. I am importing company data from either excel or text files into the = cdf_Product table of SQL server (cdf_mscrm database) using the SQL Query = Analyzer, where a problem is encountered that in the table structure, = there exists the product id as the primary key (data type: SQLI...

Storing Data in Microsoft Excel
Hi I wonder if anyone out there would help I have excel, and I have some data which I update daily in the spreadsheet, I would like to create a macro, to copy all the data onto another page, and then, so that the next day I enter new set of data and when I press the same button it copies it all to the same page as the other data, but one row underneath (so that it doesn't override it) I know this can be done, but I cant remember how to do it. I did something in VB, active.offset but that's all I can remember if there is anyone that could help that would be brilliant All the be...

Sharebuilder account import error

DPM2010 RC Errors on secondary server.

ERROR

How to share Access Database in local area network
Dear Sir, I created a DB using Access 2003 and still working on it. how can i use my DB by many users in the same time with out locking the Database. when i did before, an error message appears every time from the other comuter showing that can not creat lock file!! could you please show me the appropiate way of sharing the DB file? Each user requires at least Read, Write and eXecute permission on the folder where the MDB (or MDE) file is located. (Delete is usually recommended as well, but isn't 100% necessary: not having it will mean that the location file--the .LDB file--will no...

error, chkdsk

Counting data in a range
I want to count a specific data item from a range e.g. say the data below was in column A and B on a spreadsheet: Department Name SALES John SALES Fred IT Sue FINANCE Stu SALES Jo HR Steve I want to count the number of times SALES occurs. I've tried DCOUNT/DCOUNTA but haven't got this to work. Any help appreciated! =COUNTIF(A:A,"sales") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Stuart" <Stuart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D07D4B0-5824-4C11-8EF2-73CDF831C37F@microsoft.com......

4.4.7 error

error 0x800CCC0F

Access 2.0 Converter 09-27-04
I have installed the converter for moving from Access 2.0 to Access 2003 running under Windows XP Professional. However Access 2003 still tells me I need to convert the database and does not recognise the converter has been installed, so points me again to the Microsoft Website to obtain the converter. Any suggestions please. Hi Colin, My name is Amy Vargo. Thank you for using the Microsoft Access Newsgroups. Are you sure that you ran the .exe file for the Access 2.0 Converter so that it was installed? To download the Access 2.0 Converter free of charge, visit the following Micro...

delete server...routing master error

Excel error codes translations

Re: Money 2004

Time calculation 01-21-10
Hello, I am working on the employee attendance data entry the time in and out are based on short time format i have created a report sorted by employee ID and by making the sum of total hours per day in order to get how many wrking hours each employee have im getting a wrong calculation Example ID Employee date totalk wrking hours 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 Tia 1/1/2010 16:00 1 ...

Technical error

CObject Private method access error

how do i query Multiple Databases in access?
Help… I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox Databases the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for any differences from the master and flag and variance with a indicial Paradox Database. Dan :) Danc383@hotmail.com wrote: > I need to create an access database that would query Multiple Paradox > Databases > > the Paradox Databases all have the same fields. > > the purpose of the access database to check all the Paradox Databases for > any differences f...

Error in closing Outlook

Typing message error