Enter Billing notes for Project Timesheets in Business Portal

In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet
header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet line.
How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Portal.

0
KT (80)

Here are the instructions:

To add a billing note for hours that you worked on a specific day highlight or
click in the appropriate cell and then click Add billing note.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"KT" wrote:

> In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet
> header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet line.
> How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Portal.

0
callen (2505)
9/25/2008 1:57:01 AM
Charles is right. This works for us, we do it every day.

Mark

On Sep 24, 9:57=A0pm, Charles Allen <cal...@nospam-bkd.com> wrote:
> Here are the instructions:
>
> To add a billing note for hours that you worked on a specific day highlig=
ht or
> click in the appropriate cell and then click Add billing note.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>
> "KT" wrote:
> > In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the times=
heet
> > header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet li=
ne.
> > How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Porta=
l.

0
mpolino (496)

HR Business Portal in 9.0
Hello: In Business Portal for GP 9.0, is it possible to generate an alert for an HR administrator to "read" that says that "'this employee' turns x today"? Thanks! childofthe1980s You might want to look at a 3rd party product called Knowledge Sync from Vinyardsoft (www.vinyardsoft.com). I have used it for several years and it is a MUCH stronger business alert system and can do what you are looking for as well as MUCH more. Richard L. Whaley Author/Consultant www.AccoladePublications.com "childothe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In Busines...

Bills or Accounts?
I am trying to figure out how I can accomplish a task in Money. I have numerous medical bills that I will not be able to pay off in one payment. I would like to enter each medical bill and track payments and balances. However if I create it as a bill it assumes you will be paying the balance when you enter it into the register. Should I create an account for each medical bill and transfer funds to those accounts to show when a payment is made? There is no one right solutions and not many good ones. See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=132 for some thoughts to a similar question. If ...

Why is Actual Work updated when entering time into Work Field?
We're using MS Project 2007 and seeing that sometimes when time is entered into the Work field for a task, that task's Actual Work is updated to the same value entered in the Work field. This happens to multiple resources, but only on some of their tasks and not on others. For example, for the weeks of 1/24 and 1/31, whatever hours I schedule (enter in the "work" cell in the Resource Usage View) for a given task also appears in the "actual" cell. The tasks are setup up differently. Some are Fixed Work, some are Fixed Duration. I believe all have the e...

Excel 2003 spreadsheet. I enter the any number and it is entered.
If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 Thank you Mary Mary, Goto Tools>Options and on the Edit tab you should see The Fixed Decimal Places box checked. Uncheck it. -- HTH RP "maryu" <maryu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C0E0FB-43F3-4F34-8A86-FBA3F02EC9B1@microsoft.com... > If I enter a number into a cell it is put in like a decimal. For example, if > I enter 10 it is put in as .1 500 is entered as a 5 > Thank you > Mary ...

Contacts Notes are Too Slow
Hi All, I'm noticing a significant slowness in Loading and displaying the Notes in the Contact Entity. The "Green" Icon keeps moving indicating that the page is being loaded and it stucks like this until you create a new note by attaching a new file, then the page gets loaded normally. What could be the reason? and how can I resolve this problem? Regards, Ali Zayer Ali, what Rollup Patch are you on? I think there was a bug like this fixed very early - like Rollup1 or 2. Dave Ireland "Ali Zayer" <Ali Zayer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Filter records by date in subform by date entered in mainform.
Hello, I've spent 3 days trying to understand what I'm doing wrong.....Here is the summary of my problem. I have a form named 'frm_EfficiencyStats' and a subform within the form named 'qry_Total hours subform' (the subform is based on a query). The form contains a text box (for date) which is bound to a table 'tbl_EfficiencyStats'. I would like to be able to enter a date in the text box on my form, and display the records in the subform based on the date I entered in the text box. The subform will only pull records from my table based on the date. Here are th...

Nested Filters in MS Project
Is there a way to do Nested Filtering in MS Project. I know and have used simultaneous filters in Primavera, like applying two or more filters in a boolean "And" or "Or" conditions. How do I do that in MS Project. I have separate filters for segregating data and would like to use a combination of different filters to get to the report I need. Please advice... -- Thank you IMS addendum/clarification to above question... I do not want to use a single Filter and get lost in the nesting filtering conditions as they will be too many, and I'm would ...

Service time billing
Can MSCRM be adapted to a service organization that primarily bills for time on an as-provided basis? When resolving a case, I see that the billable time is shown as the total of all activity time. Is this information only used when applied against a contract, or can I invoice for time or export a list of billable time with descriptions for use in Quickbooks? Also, can information, such as usernames and passwords be stored in the account record but secured from users that don't have sufficient privileges? Thank you, Rick S. The actual time is only automatically decremented from th...

i want to write notes on staff.
Can anyone help. I want to write music note on music staff. Adding words between the treble and base lines. How can I do this? Download something like this http://pharm.kuleuven.be/pharbio/gpaper.htm It has a music manuscript feature Put the staff on the Master Page (Background) ctrl+m. There are musical fonts around but you can use clipart just as well. http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/results.aspx?lc=en-us&Scope=MC%2CMM%2CMP%2CMS&Query=musical+notes#96 http://www.icogitate.com/~ergosum/fonts/music-fonts2.htm -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msaue...

Printing Notes from Contact record-Outlook 2000 stops after 15 lin
I am using OL2000 and using detailed address card view. When I print using either small or med size booklet, the notes field is truncated after 15 lines. Is this by design. Can this limit be modified? ...

How To: copy dialogs from one project to another ?
Do you know how to copy a dialog used in one project to a new project, can I do this from outside IDE just copy files from one directory to another ? or do I need to copy manually inside IDE. Thanks in advance for your help, Eduardo Tom Serface wrote: > > don't mess up the original. I do this all the time and it works really > well. Do you do it with VS .NET 2003? If you do, great, because it just means my installation is broken in some way. If you don't, I suspect that if you migrate to .NET 2003, you'll swear at it and stamp your foot as much as I did when I fo...

how to enter simple list and sum
using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative numbers and then create a cell with the sum of these values? if the list would look like this 0.58 -1.22 1.79 -0.56 -0.92 the output would look something like 0.58 0.58 -1.22 -0.64 1.79 1.15 -0.56 0.59 -0.92 -0.33 John In B1 enter =A1 In B2 enter =B1+A2 Copy down to B5 Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 16 May 2007 06:34:13 +0300, "John" <johnj@multipl.es> wrote: >using excel 2002 with an xp sp2 system >how would I enter a simple list of positive and negative...

Resource Units for Tasks entered in PWA differs than tasks entered in Project 2007
Hello, I have an ePM user asking why if he enters a project task in PWA does it not check the resource max units allocation the same way as when he enters a task in Project Professional. For example: You have a project where resource A is 50% allocated. When you create a task in Project Professional for this resource, the resource allocation is set to 50%. Create a task under the same project in PWA, submit and approve the task. Open project professional and view the task information for the task entered in PWA, why is the resource allocation set to 100% instead of 50% set for th...

Enter formula by code.
Hi All can anyone help. I cant seem to get this to work. I keep getting run time error 1004 application or object defined error. Public Sub TLIdentify() finalrow = Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("B65536").End(xlUp).Row Worksheets("INV Bookings").Range("AV26:AV" & finalrow).FormulaR1C1 = "=IF(OR(RC[-38]>0,RC[-32]>0,RC[-26]>0,RC[-20]>0,RC[-14]>0,RC[-8]>0,RC[-2]>0),VLOOKUP(RC4,'Team Summary'!R4C3:R16C4,2,0),"")" End Sub -- Regards and Thanks for any assistance. Francis Brown...

Recurring Bill - every 3 weeks
Hello, one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible to schedule it in Money? thanks, Vadim Rapp Only thing I can think of is to make up three separate MONTHLY payments occurring at three different dates each month (like the 1st of each month, 8th, 15th........etc.). "Vadim Rapp" <vr@nospam.myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:%23q$jNA9iIHA.4320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > one of my recurring payments has frequency every 3 weeks. Is it possible > to schedule it in Money? > > thanks, > Vadim Rapp > > > ...

Project suggestions
Hello all We are small university in Virginia and we are looking for offers to implement GP. the school has the required infrastructure. please e-mail me at behery65@msn.com HB ...

Entering a dollar amount w/out having to enter the decimal
What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I have to enter is the numbers? It's one of the options you can specify. In Excel 2007, it's: Excel Options...>Advanced>Automatically insert a decimal point Regards, Fred "Julieanne" <Julieanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AABE398-3B77-4ACD-8938-05ED7F5CC58E@microsoft.com... > What is the formula to have Excel automatically enter the decimal so all I > have to enter is the numbers? ...

How do I stop dates from being entered everytime I enter a number
Everytime I enter data in a box (ex: ages 5-9) I then press enter to go to the next cell and it automatically puts in may 9 . I have tried putting in general in formatting cells and it still does it. can someone help before I shoot this pc out the window? I am making a population pyramid with males and females and their ages. Thanks, Kicking and Screaming You can precede your entry with a single quote... '5-9 ....or format your cells as 'Text'. Hope this helps! In article <64AE5219-035D-46E3-9488-5D01F6B012FA@microsoft.com>, Kicking and Screaming <Kicking and...

entering time #2
hello all.. wondering if there is any way to do this... I have a column formatted for time as in this format 12:00 when entering a time it is cumbersome to have to enter the hour, then a colon, then the minutes. Is it possilbe to simply enter a 4 digit number such as 1245 and have it show up as 12:45 ?? thanks so much... I've found this group to be irreplaceable... glen in orlando Enter your times without colons in column A and put this formula in column B =(A1-RIGHT(A1,2))/2400+RIGHT(A1,2)/(24*60) and format column B for "Time" in the form you want it. Tod "Glen i...

Userform to be referenced by different VBA Project?
How can userform in Project_Accounting be also referrence in Dynamics_GP or vice versa? thks. Hello HFLo, Open the Dynamics Go in VBA click Tools --> Reference --> Mark SmartList as reference to your current Dynamics GP With this you can refer any Project Accounting Form under dynamics. But VBA In Dynamics dosen't support Circular Reference. for Ex: You can have reference from Dynamics to Project Accounting. But again you cannot goto Project Accounting VBA and give the Reference to Dynamics VBA (this is not supported) Hope this helps Akram. "HFLo" wrote: &...

Anyone have MS Project Plan for Planning/Executing a Golf Tourname
I created one a long time ago according to the PGA recommended guidelines and checklists. It was a lot of work so I'd like not to have to reinvent the wheel... Hello MEHSJH, If you have the one you created before, have you considered basing a new project on that file? I hope this helps. Let us know how you get along. Julie Project MVP Visit http://project.mvps.org/ for the FAQs and additional information about Microsoft Project On 1/14/2010 3:04 PM, MEHSJH wrote: > I created one a long time ago according to the PGA recommended guidelines and > checklists...

Notes Field on Item Label
I would like to print the item notes field on a label. This is not an option from the field list. I was looking to see if I could use one of the additional fields listed (sub 1-3 are in use). Listed in the available fields from the label designer are detail field 1-3. What are these and where are they located in the db? Ideally, I would like to print the notes field on the label. If that is not possible I was wondering if anyone know what those detail fields are. I am not looking for a Crystal Reports solution at this time. Ari, We have an application called RITE Label that allows...

Entering data
Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be locked. In article <15a201c43e09$dbea4e10$3501280a@phx.gbl>, "Alicia Contreras" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help me enter data into cells that seem to be > locked. Hi Alicia, try: Tools > Protect > Unprotect Hope this helps! ...

Re: One Note on Mac
If one day MS developed a huge and powerful (more powerful than one for Windows) office suite for Mac, and other companies do so, would we continue using Windows? I think I wouldn't. But it won't happen. I turned to work on Mac three weeks ago easily learn it by myself without reading any books guiding how to. Maybe Mac Os X is a little bit too easy making me feel it not powerful compared with Windows XP Pro with a lot of components which are complex for most people. But then I understood 'Simple is the best' cause OS is not App, just being a platform Mac OS X offers en...

Enter Billing notes for Project Timesheets in Business Portal
In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesheet line. How can I enter billing notes for each timesheet line in Business Portal. Here are the instructions: To add a billing note for hours that you worked on a specific day highlight or click in the appropriate cell and then click Add billing note. -- Charles Allen, MVP "KT" wrote: > In Business Portal, it seems that you can only enter notes at the timesheet > header level. In Great Plains, you can enter notes on each timesh...