Enforce Passwor Policy

Bonjour!
I'm wondering when we create a user in GP, the 2 settings (Enforce Passowrd
Policies, Enforce Password expires) that are in the Advanced Option, are
related to Active Directory Group policy? Because in SQL we can't modify
those settings.
It is for our auditors to explain.

Regards, Joel :)

Hi Joe

Yes, the configuration of the these two settings comes from the Goup policy
domain setting. So if you your windows password expires every 90 days, your
SQL acount password will as well. Just remember the two accounts are not tied
to each other in anyway, so your windows password could expire today and your
SQL password could expire next week.

The only thing I do  not like is:

1) With GP 10 and SQL 2005 there is not prompt/warning when the user account
is about to expire
2) if you are activily in a GP seesion your password can still expire and
you start getting wierd errors without know ing why until you cloase and
re-open GP.

Cheers

Fliehigh
--
Fliehigh

"Joe" wrote:

> Bonjour!
> I'm wondering when we create a user in GP, the 2 settings (Enforce Passowrd
> Policies, Enforce Password expires) that are in the Advanced Option, are
> related to Active Directory Group policy? Because in SQL we can't modify
> those settings.
> It is for our auditors to explain.
>
> Regards, Joel :)
Thanks I appreciate it.

Regards, Joel :)

"Fliehigh" wrote:

> Hi Joe
>
> Yes, the configuration of the these two settings comes from the Goup policy
> domain setting. So if you your windows password expires every 90 days, your
> SQL acount password will as well. Just remember the two accounts are not tied
> to each other in anyway, so your windows password could expire today and your
> SQL password could expire next week.
>
> The only thing I do  not like is:
>
> 1) With GP 10 and SQL 2005 there is not prompt/warning when the user account
> is about to expire
> 2) if you are activily in a GP seesion your password can still expire and
> you start getting wierd errors without know ing why until you cloase and
> re-open GP.
>
> Cheers
>
> Fliehigh
> --
> Fliehigh
>

> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > Bonjour!
> > I'm wondering when we create a user in GP, the 2 settings (Enforce Passowrd
> > Policies, Enforce Password expires) that are in the Advanced Option, are
> > related to Active Directory Group policy? Because in SQL we can't modify
> > those settings.
> > It is for our auditors to explain.
> >
> > Regards, Joel :)

Help with tracking user without enforcing security
I know that the best way to track who is in the db is to enforce security. However, I am in a situation where the client does not want the security to be enforced at least right now. since we will have to keep another file (.mdw) on the network. Is there a way to track few users (5 max) in access through code? I have a login form that has 2 text boxes, one for the user ID and the other for the password. I have a table called tblUserLog that every time a user logsin, a new record is created in that table keeping the login ID and date/time. The login form fires the code in the after updat...

Recipient Policies #19
Under Recipient Policies, I have a policy that runs weekly that removes junk mail from users folders with the setting of any size and 7 days. In checking with some users who are part of the policy they have junk mail that is from July still sitting in their junk mail folder. Does the junk mail have to be regarded as read first or will it be removed regardless. I'm not sure why mail that has a date or being in their longer then 7 days is still there. ...

recipient policy stopped working

Enforce No of Characters using Jscript
Hi I need a solution to what may seem like a simple bit of Jscript. We would like to enforce that our staff insert a minimum number of characters in a certain field. I assume my script would look like: if (crmForm.all.new_description.DataValue >50) alert ('Please insert a sufficient description') The alert works well. I just need to know how to enforce the minimum number of 50 characters for the field. Guess there is a bit of Jscript for (Characters) that I am missing. Please assist Many Thanks Mark Use .length attribute to get the length of the text: if (crmForm.all.new_...

How to set Cache Mode via Group Policy?
Hey everyone, We are running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003 in a 2003 domain. I need to push out "Cached Exchange Mode" to everyone. Anyone know how I can do this? I was thinking Group Poilcy via the Office 2003 ADM but I don't see options for Outlook. -- TIA, Clayton P.S.: I wrote an iTunes podcast tutorial and just want to publicize it. You can find it at: http://www.nikoli.net/itunepod ******************* On Fri, 06 Apr 2007 18:21:20 GMT, "Clayton Sutton" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hey everyone, > >We are running Win2k3 and Exchange 2003...

Enforce format

Enforce Passwor Policy
Bonjour! I'm wondering when we create a user in GP, the 2 settings (Enforce Passowrd Policies, Enforce Password expires) that are in the Advanced Option, are related to Active Directory Group policy? Because in SQL we can't modify those settings. It is for our auditors to explain. Regards, Joel :) Hi Joe Yes, the configuration of the these two settings comes from the Goup policy domain setting. So if you your windows password expires every 90 days, your SQL acount password will as well. Just remember the two accounts are not tied to each other in anyway, so your w...

Group policy does not apply
Hello, I downloaded the *.adm files for Office 2003 and added the Outlook specific template to my group policy. The policy I use is "ForcePSTPath" to set the directory Outlook saves its PST/OST files in (%userprofile%\Local settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook). After "gpupdate" on the affected computers, I tried it out, but no setting was applied in Outlook! I searched within the registry and found the value in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook but not in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook where it has to...

Enforce leave a copy in server
As I know, use "Outlook POP3->Leave a copy on the server" , can save all emails on the server. But I Dont want to ask our users one by one to do such setting, I just want to do it in the Exchange Server (2003). Is it possible? Thanks It's not a server-side setting, rather a client option. The only way you could potentially manage this is if your users are all part of a domain and if the Office Admin template add-in for Group Policies allowed you to manage this. There are no settings on the POP3 virtual server that force it to tell the clients to leave a copy on the s...

enforcing macros
hello, wishing everyone a very prosperous and happy new year. i have created a workbook that has username validation and that is to be used over a network. all the background macros run and thus validate the username only when macros are enabled. if someone disables macros, they could easily tamper with the workbook. hence, i hid sheets in the workbook and protected the structure of the workbook with a password. in the workbook_open event i would provide the password and unhide the sheets (xlsheetvisible). again, in the workbook_beforeclose event i would use "xlveryhidden" to hid...

RECIPIENT POLICY NOT UPDATING
Hello. I've made a recipient policy that I want to apply to a specific OU. Here is the filter rule I am using: (&(ou>="")(name=ThisOU*)) This OU is embedded into another OU. I can't seem to get this to work. In addition, the default recipient policy applies to this OU, even though the priority on the other policy is higher. Any help would be greatly appreciated. You cannot set the LDAP filter to query via OU. This is not a limitation of Exchange, but a limit of AD. What you can do is add the folks in that OU to a group and filter by the group membership. ...

Pension Policies
Does anybody know a tidy way to record revaluations of pension policies in MS Money? For instance, a policy can increase in value from £10,000 to £12,000 due to investment gains of the funds in that policy. How would you go about recording this? Would you record this as an Investment Transaction? If so, what Activity would you allocate to this transaction? Thanks in advance for any useful pointers. "Peter Barrett" <PeterBarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:987F89B8-7A89-400D-815A-22FA47FE6DA2@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know a tidy w...

554 Relay rejected for policy reasons
I have set up two e-mail accounts in Outlook, each with a different SMTP server. One is for my personal e-mail (my ISP) and one for our company e-mail. My guess is that there is a conflict between the two SMTP servers, however I don't understand why? Anyone seen this message. Any ideas? TIA, LenP On which SMTP server does this message appear? I'm guessing it's your company's server. Check your account properties | More Settings | Outgoing Server. More than likely, you need to authenticate to your outgoing SMTP server before sending. You should probably check with your...

Enforce Password Policy
When I attempt to use "Enforce Password Policy" it fails to accept the new passwords. If I turn it off, it works. Upgraded Install, GP10 SP3, new user ID's. Deleted all from system and database security before upgrading from 8 to 10. Have you possbily overlooked that you must use SQL 2005 to take advantage of the "Enforce Password Policy" functionality? -- Sincerely, Corey Clay, MCS Nextec Group, Inc. http://www.nextecgroup.com "AllenMc" <AllenMc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:480641BC-7AA4-440A-9AC2-D70A6646A61E@microsoft.com...

Group policy
Hello all, I'm the member of Group "HOWTO" in Outlook 2003, when I do an "reply all" a message to Group "HOWTO", I would like to know if it's possible that I don't send email to myself ? Thanks for any help!!! Way manyway <manwaima@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm the member of Group "HOWTO" in Outlook 2003, when I do an "reply > all" a message to Group "HOWTO", I would like to know if it's possible > that I don't send email to myself ? Locate your own address in the recipient list and remove it. -...

Recipient policy is not assigned to existing Users automatically
I've got a problem with my Exchange200 Server. When I change the name of an existing user, the recipient policy does not change the Mail-Adress automatically. When I use System-Manager an start the policy manually it generates the new Mail adress. The function is also correct if i create new Users. This behaviour occurs only on existing Users. I'm Using E2k with all actual Service & Fix Packs. The checkbox for receiving Mail-adresses from RUS in User-Object is activated on all Users. The Recipient-Policy is configured as followed: (&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(obj...

CSVs
I have a programmatic problem, where CSVs are being produced automatically by some Transact SQL processes. The CSVs are then used by a number of users, some who are not very technically literate The CSVs can look a bit like this "0401","Data","Data","000234092" But when the CSV is opened in excel the preceeding zeroes vanish. Im trying to force it to open with the zeroes already there. Otherwise I am continually have to show users through how to use the 'Format Cells' options to get the numeric IDs to display correctly. Is there any wa...

How do I enforce a xsd?
Hi! My users shall be able to upload xml documents to my web server. I will check the validity of the documents with my xsd schema. The document will contain something like: <project> <project-item /> </project> 1- How do they specify in the xml document that they are using my schema with no namespace prefix? 2- When checking the validity, how do I make sure that they have specified my schema in their document? 3- If they haven't specified my schema in their xml, how do I tell the XmlReader that my schema shall be used on the namespace with no prefix? thanks, m...

Recipient Policy Problem #2
Hello, I have a problem with the Recipient Policy. I've added new SMTP address to Default Policy last 2 week. Now, I need to remove it because I will only give access to certain OU on using that new SMTP address. I remove the SMTP address from Recipient Policy but that changes does not remove the SMTP address from user email properties in AD. I decide to remove all SMTP address using ADModify tool from MS and yes I successfully remove that SMTP address. Now, I want to apply that SMTP address for the OU that I've created and set it as primary address, but seems like there is no changes...

enforcing trial periods
HI, I've written an application that requires a license key to run. However, I want a license key that allows a user to only run the software for a certain time period. Eg 30 days. How do I do this? I've thought about creating a file that records the date of installation. And then everytime the application is run, it checks against this date. However, i do I guard against them deleting this file, and re-installing the software? Or are there better ways of doing this? Hamish On Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:08:38 +1300, "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote: >HI, I've...

Outlook not able to remember my Passwors
Hi, I have Outlook 2002 installed on Windows XP pro platform. I don't know why Outlook does not retain my password even if I select to remember my password. After I type the password and select to remember it, I am able to send and receive email. But next time when I open the Outlook, it still pop up for user name and password. Thanks in advance! Grace There are 2 articles regarding this issue on Microsoft's product 'Knowldege Base' for Outlook 2002. http://support.microsoft.com/ >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >I have Outlook 2002 installed on Win...

email address policy
Hello Is there a way to configure 2007 in a lab environment to send mail to my production environment. I would like the lab to use the same email domain @abc.com the return address field would be @abc.com for the users in the lab environment too. BUt be able to send to user in the production environment. thanks Nope, your dev environment will try to deliver to itself. One way might be to fake an SMTP domain name, and tell it to smarthost to the IP of your production Exchange server - but will work outbound only, not receive email "totalnet32" <totalnet32@hotmail.com>...

Update Recipient Policy Not Working
Hi all, I'm running SBS2003 with exchange 2003. I'm trying to configure Exchange 2003 to host multiple domains. I found this instruction http://www.petri.co.il/configure_specific_email_addresses_for_exchange_users.htm Here's what I did: - created new Recipient Policy - add new domain: "@abc.com" - filtered the user I wanted - applied the new policy - update the both RUS When I got to the recipient that were suppose to be affected by the new policy, nothing changes. The recipient didn't have the new domains I added. How long does it take to update the RUS? or ...

Group Policy making our signature disapear in Outlook 2003?
Everyone once in a while our signatures stop showing up by default. I have to go to Tools -> Options -> Mail Format and change the sigature from <none> to (in my case) <Nick Messick>. The siginatures are still there it's just that they no longer are set to show up by default. This seems to happen after changing any Group Policy. Might there be a default policy setting that's overriding my manual setting of the signature? Nick Messick ...

Enforce password change
How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature? That is set on the user. Choose tools-setup-system-user. You will see a checkbox for enforcing the password change. This is assuming version 9.0 Great Plains with SQL 2005 and Windows 2003. "Elaine" wrote: > How do you turn off the Enforce Password Change feature? ...