encumbrance

We are currently using Hansen encumbrance management (formerly The Olson
Group) with GP 7.5.  When we upgrade we want to switch to Great Plains
Encumbrance Manangement.  I would like to see an upgrade path from Hansen to
Great Plains, or at least hear how others have done it.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=53df711a-9755-4ee8-b97f-878c6f24034f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Dianne (30)

encumbrance
We are currently using Hansen encumbrance management (formerly The Olson Group) with GP 7.5. When we upgrade we want to switch to Great Plains Encumbrance Manangement. I would like to see an upgrade path from Hansen to Great Plains, or at least hear how others have done it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader ...

Encumbrance Summary should bring beginning balances forward for C.
Capital Project Fund accounts are for transactions related to multi-year projects and are not closed until the capital project is completed. Therefore, beginning balances should be reflected in the Encumbrance Summary until the accounts are closed (both actual and budget). Please see Subject "Capital Project Accounts" for additional suggestions that relate to this subject. ...

Payables Encumbrance
I have focused on the government sector for quite some time now, and it appears we need to enhance the Payables Management module to include the ability to Encumbering a budget from PM. Right now, it happens at the PO level, but they don't want to always have to create a PO to encumber a budget. This comes up every time we meet with a government entity. -- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Encumbrance with AA
Hi, I would like to know whether the encumbrance management supports the Analytical Accounting (AA) module. If the dimension wise budget is maintained in AA, when the account is selected in the purchase order along with the dimension, does the system checks the AA budget and accordingly increases the commitment? If anybody has implemented this before, please let me know. Thanks. Regards, Perumal ...

Encumbrance reporting
We want to activate encumbrances. My question, is how can we get a report out of the system once the encumbrances are in the the system. The format of the report i am looking for should be: Acct Desc M-T-D Actual Y-T-D Actual Y-T-D Encumbrance Y-T-D Budget Which reporting tool will allow me to accomplish this? FRx? Thanks ...

Encumbrance by Vendor
Is there a way to view encumbrances by a vendor? For Example: 1. I use the Purchase Order Processing Document Inquiry (Inquiry | Purchasing | Purchase Order Documents) (search on a vendor) this will give me all PO’s, Shipments and Invoices associated with this vendor. 2. Then I drill back on the PO to see what the distribution account is. 3. Finally I can go to the Encumbrance Inquiry (by summary or detail) to view by account number. Is there a smartlist, a report, a sql script to pull that information? Thanks! ------=_NextPart_0001_1614DC53 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Tr...

Encumbrance Management
I have set up Encumbrance Management but it has not evaluated my existing PO's. These PO's were imported using Integration Manager eConnect. Any suggestions? ...

Integration with Encumbrance Management
Would like to be able to pre-encumber requisitions from requisition management and check against the budget BEFORE going to a PO status. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Encumbrance #3
Hi, One of our customers of GP Ver 10.0 is planning to use Encumbrance Management module along with the purchase module to track the Accual, Commitment and Budget. 1. In the PO screen, it tracks the budget against the inventory account. Inventory account is a balance sheet item and they do not maintain the budget against this account. 2. In case if we maintain the Budget against the Inventory account, the same account will be used for issues (Negative Adjustments) also. In that case the account will be fluctuating and hence can not be tracked against the Budget. Can anyone help me ...

Encumbrance #2
Does anyone know of a third party ISV encumbrance product which will tracks budget used to date beyond items entered in Purchasing. This is to say that within the standard product: at the time of Purchase order entry the amount is subtracted from the budget available and if the budget available falls below zero a notification is brought up, however if an item has been re-classed in the general ledger or accounts payable the amount is not removed from the budget available. Owen Cullimore 212-244-9009 ...

encumbrances and grant management
Hello, I am trying to setup encumbrances and noticed I cannot add any data for "Grant Budgets" The budget tree is grayed out. However, I am able to enter AA budgets. Since I am using Grant managment that cross over fiscal years, I'm trying to find the right way to set up encumbrances.-- Greg. Discovered one must check the validation button and setup a validation in the grant management maint. window so that goes into effect. However, I'm still struggling with grants that cross years coupled with grants that don't. -- Greg. "Greg" wr...

Encumbrance Management #4
Hi, When the purchase order is entered for the inventory items, the system checks the commitment against the budget for the inventory account. 1. Normally the budget is prepared for the P&L account and not for a balance sheet account. 2. If we have a budget for Inventory account, if the item is issued, it decreases the value of the inventory account. So, the value of the inventory account keeps fluctuating. How can one keep track the budget Vs commitment in this case? Can any one please clarify? Thanks. Regards, Perumal In this case, the "budget" does not limit t...

Encumbrance Management #3
EM will encumber any account on a PO. It would be nice to see a feature in EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering of PO's. Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income statement accounts are usually the main focus. The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS account that is not budgeted for. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message p...

Encumbrance Management #2
Does anyone know if encumbrance management works with Purchase orders originated in Project Series? Any suggestion,thanks for your help. ...

Summary Encumbrance to Include Budget Beg Balance (YTD/BB)
With in Great Plains, the Summary Encumbrance screen currently shows budgeted amounts by period. As a government entity, we utilize the Beg Balance column budget data as the originally adopted budget. We do not budget period by period, only adjustments to the original budget appear in subsequent periods. For external reporting like FRx, this is not a big problem, but within Great Plains it does not show a Fiscal Year budgeted amount and total remaining. Begining Balance and Annual totals for all categories (actual, encumbered, budgeted, etc) should be included on the Summary Encumbran...

Encumbrances vs. PO Committmens
Does anyone have a document that explains the differences between encumbrance management and PO Committments? Thanks! ...

Encumbrance Management and Project Accounting
For GP9 and 10 installations with Encumbrance Management and Project Accounting, there is an issue when processing a PO line for a non-stock item that also has a project distribution. The issue is that the Purchases account is blank and grayed out so it cannot be changed. This results in an Invalid line for encumbrancing. SUGGESTION: FIX THIS! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow th...

PO Committments vs. Encumbrance Managment
Does anyone have a document showing the differences between PO Committments and Encumbrance Management. Would an organization use both products? Hi Andrea, I am not that familiar with the products, but I found a document lying around that may be of some use: ----- The main differences between PO Commitments and Encumbrance Management are that PO commitments is for profit companies and Encumbrances are for Not-For-Profit companies. With both of these modules the customer must be registered for Purchase Order Processing. 1) Encumbrance Management gives you the ability to inquire on ...

Missing Encumbrance tables to build a smart list
I am trying to build a smart list that will show the following fields related to encumbrances by account: Actual balance Budget Amount Encumbered amount Total When I go to add the tables some of the tables used in the encumbrance inquiry screen is not available, for example, ENC_detail_temp, ENC POP Line. And then some of the ENC_Summary_Temp tables are empty. Any ideas as to why they are missing or blank? -- Thanks for your help Hello, Temp tables will not have data. You cannot use temp tables for any purposes. Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP "GPNewbi...

Encumbrance Management vs PO Commitments & FRx Reporting of Both
Hi, Is there a resource that explains the differences between these two modules functionality? Also, I was surprised to see the encumbered amounts showing up in FRx with system budget IDs. Does this work the same with both modules? And, is there any way within FRx to drill down/report on the encumbered POs? I assume not, as the info is made available through a budget (which normally doesn't have detail associated with it). Thanks ...

Have Encumbrance Management base the budgeting on the COGS account
Our company uses only one Inventory account but would like to use EM to budget for differnt groups of items. Only using the inventory account limits us to being able to budget for our entire inventory where we need to have seperate budgets for other item groups. These groups share the same COGS account so it would be ideal to base the budget on that account. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

Encumbrance process in purchases done in project series
We have a prospect that is interested in the functionality of encumbrance accounting. Since they want to track projects, all POs are going to be registered in project series. I understand that encumbrance accounting works only with purchases done in Purchasing Order Processing module not in project accounting series. Any suggestions... Thanks ...

Encumbrance Management Posting Invoice to Prior Year
In versions of Great Plains prior to version 8.0, Encumbrance Management would allow posting of the PO to the current year and then posting of the invoice to the prior year without creating an imbalance within the encumbrance Budget/year. With the new version, the PO is entered in January 2006, then the receipt is entered in 2006 but the date and the posting date for the invoice is for 2005 and the "Ship Invoice" option is selected. As a result, the 2005 year shows a negative encumbrance and the 2006 year shows a positive encumbrance. This is creating problems for reports a...

Encumbrance management menu item doesnt appear in the Transactions
Hi I installed Encumbrance Management from EncumbranceManagement.exe on my machine, i also verified that PO processing is registered. My machine -W2k3 enterprise with sp1- hosts Great plains 8. SQL Server is hosted on another server. i have verified that Encumbrance Management is registered from the "Great plains options" window that is opened from the about window. The problem is that Encumbrance management menu item doesnt appear in the Transactions/Purchasing menu. can any body tell me what went wrong? ...