Encumbrance Management #3

EM will encumber any account on a PO.  It would be nice to see a feature in
EM that will allow a way to exclude balance sheet accounts in the encumbering
of PO's.  Numerous companies do not have balance sheet budgets as the income
statement accounts are usually the main focus.

The work around is extremely difficult when purchasing inventory to a BS
account that is not budgeted for.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a4960f2a-9a60-47b5-86a2-17f631d77471&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
RS (41)

Receivable Management wih Integration Manager 10
I have to integrate following two files to RM in Dynamics 10 by using Integration Manager 10, the current integration is ok but it cannot give me the detail of tax transaction after integration. File 1 - Header.txt DOC TYPE,CUSTOMER ID,DOC NO,DATE, AMOUNT ,tax id,tax amt 1,ABCDEF,101-02070,8/31/2009,66.99,S-GST,3.35 File 2 - GL_Distribution.txt DOC NO,ACCOUNT,DIST TYPE,DEBIT,CREDIT,SALESPERSON ID,COMM AMT 101-02070,1111,3,70.34,0,, 101-02070,2041,13,0,2.00,, 101-02070,2045,13,0,1.35,, 101-02070,6300,9,0,66.99,, After integration to RM by using these 2 files, I can see the transaction in ...

Order Management Business Portal
I just added Order Management to a Business Portal Installation and received this in the error log. Was there something I was supposed to do first? What do I do from this point? Feature Id: Order Management Internal Location: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\12\TEMPLATE\FEATURES\BPOrderManagementInternal Action: Activate Exception: There is no Web named "/BP/Sales". ...

Coverting from 3 letters to 1
I currently have a program that can convert codes from 1 letter to 3 an a number that is involved with the letters. This is the macro. MODULE Option Explicit Function myConversion(rng As Range) As String Dim res As Variant Dim LookUpTable As Range Dim iCtr As Long Dim myStr As String Set rng = rng(1) Set LookUpTable = Worksheets("sheet2").Range("a:b") myStr = "" For iCtr = 1 To Len(rng.Value) res = Application.VLookup(Mid(rng.Value, iCtr, 1), _ LookUpTable, 2, False) If IsError(res) Then myStr = myStr & "-?" Else myStr = myStr & "-&qu...

encumbrance
We are currently using Hansen encumbrance management (formerly The Olson Group) with GP 7.5. When we upgrade we want to switch to Great Plains Encumbrance Manangement. I would like to see an upgrade path from Hansen to Great Plains, or at least hear how others have done it. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader ...

picklist management
There should be an easy way to load a large number of values to a picklist. Ideally, it would be "table based" so that additional values can be added with which to manage the entries. For instance, one might want to specify that a certain value should not be displayed at the current time, or that there is a custom sort order for the values, or etc. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

How to change the default value in "Filter On" field (Microsoft CRM 3.0)
Hi. When I open a contact in CRM, I can view the sales activities (Opportunities, Quotes, Orders, and Invoices) under "Sales" session. Is there any way I can change the default value under "Filter On" drop down menu? For example, when I click on Invoice, I want "Filter on:" drop down list select "Paid" instead of "Active" Thanks for your advice. You do the following: Settings -> Customizations -> Customize Entities Select the contact entity Then you will see a list of views and a form. One of those views is set ...

"RPC server unavailable" in mmc but not system manager?
Exchange 2003, Windows 2003 Server, Exchange System Manager I have scoured the groups for an answer to this, but haven't any luck yet. Symptoms: When I open my saved mmc console, after it hangs for a minute, I get the error: "The RPC server is unavailable. Facility: Win32 ID no: c00706ba Exchange System Manager" It has the exchange system manager snap-in installed. The mmc snap in then does not show anything in the Exchange snap-in. The RUS is pointing to the correct domain controller. The System manager works fine when I go to it directly, and I have re-installed the exc...

Formula help #3
Sheet1 has a name in A1 & a number in B1, name in A2 number in B2 and s on (numbers will continually be changed). On sheet2 I used =a or = and so on (the results of =a or =b are the names from sheet 1). Wha I want to accomplish is every time I type =a or =b and the name appear I also want the result from sheet1 B1 and so on to appear in the cel directly below. Not very experienced just learning. Looking fo help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Ljsimm You post is a bit vague, but if you mean you want B1 on sheet 2 to match up with the name on Sheet 1. Try: =IF(...

Default Mail Account #3
I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. My clients select their pop3 account as default but when rebooting the Exchange account becomes the default account. What can i do with this ? I want the pop3 account to be the default. What version of Outlook are you working with? The reason that I ask is that POP3 and Exchange in the same profile tends to be a bad mix in earlier versions. "makis" <sera@mind.gr> wrote in message news:ucI%233u%23xFHA.916@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I recently run into a problem with an sbs network. > My clients select their pop3 ac...

I want to be able to manage Outlook ANYWHERE!
Please help! I need to be able to access my email (old,new,folders) and my contacts wherever I am (Home,Work,Laptop,& HP IPAQ). I have Outlook 2003 on all except my IPAQ (i think). As of now the only place I have my 2 email accounts going to is my office, what I hate is being somewhere else and not being able to look at any email or contacts becasue I am not sure how to set up multiple Outlooks for the same accounts. (Not sure if that makes sense) Any help would be great! -- Always Grateful, Rochelle Rochelle <Rochelle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Please help! I...

Integration of desktop application with MS CRM 3.0
Hi all, I have a desktop application used for phone call recording. Is it possible to integrate desktop application in CRM 3.0? To integrate a web application, I need to create one more tab in the left 'Navigation Pane', on click of which the web application will open. Is it posible to do the similar for integrating desktop application, OR do I need to apply some other procedure for it? Thanks in advance, -Imran ...

field service managment with outlook
Dear, if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date in outlook from field service management module , I mean when my tech people go to finalize any call can the system send me an email inform me that my tech peoples are in this site and they are doing this job ? Peter, We are interested to discuss the solution. Please drop an email to learn more MV nj.tech@hotmail.com "Peter Atef" wrote: > Dear, > if there is any option to see any task will be made during the date > in outlook from field service management module , I mean when ...

Problems with Deployment Manager
We are a MS Action Pack subscriber and I've been to hell and back doing a clean install of CRM1.2 on SBS2003 (sp1). I've been through the DEP problem, the KDC problem and now i'm stuck with deployment manager that doesn't deploy. When i try and add a user, it reports, "An error occurred while retrieving the list of users in Active Directory. For more information, contact your System Administrator" I've given up on this, as i can add and administer users via the web interface. But, when i customize forms and try and publish via the DM, it hangs on locating IIS w...

crm token #3
when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) immediatly in the subject of the message i just see the icon without the token number No, you cant able to see token right. it will append when perform send event -- Regards, Imran MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "daoud hanna" wrote: > when i track an email in crm3 should i see the CRM token (like CRM:0010001) > immediatly in the subject of the message > i just see the icon without the to...

Encumbrance Summary should bring beginning balances forward for C.
Capital Project Fund accounts are for transactions related to multi-year projects and are not closed until the capital project is completed. Therefore, beginning balances should be reflected in the Encumbrance Summary until the accounts are closed (both actual and budget). Please see Subject "Capital Project Accounts" for additional suggestions that relate to this subject. ...

Unlisted Managed Fund Unit Prices
I have a number of unlisted managed funds in my portfolio which require that I enter the unit prices manually. I do this typically on a monthly basis. The unit prices are often quoted to 4 or 5 decimal places, however when I enter them into MS Money (v12) manually they get rounded to 3 decimal places. This makes it impossible to track unlisted managed funds accurately. This is not a display problem because the qty * price ends up wih a significant variance to my actual holdings. Is there a way around this problem? Thanks Stephen PS. I note that when I enter price details at th...

Threads #3
Hello NG, till now I have used timers, but I want to change my programme to use threads. I know that one timer routine sometimes crashes and ends my programme. I don't know threads very well, so I have these questions: 1. If a thread crashes, does the whole programme crash too, or do the other threads still work? 2. If they still continue working: Is there a possibility to recognize that the thread has crashed so that I can restart it? Thanks for help, Guido Franzke yes, if you have access violations,null pointer access and other unhandled exceptions in the thread, your program would...

Payables Encumbrance
I have focused on the government sector for quite some time now, and it appears we need to enhance the Payables Management module to include the ability to Encumbering a budget from PM. Right now, it happens at the PO level, but they don't want to always have to create a PO to encumber a budget. This comes up every time we meet with a government entity. -- ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not ...

Case-management (gathering of e-mails)
Tracking of emails in MS-CRM can quite fast be a badly arranged sum of mails. Is it in any way possible to make some kind of case-management? What we want is to be able to gather e-mails concerning the same case / matter in some kind of folder. Hope someone can give us a good hint to solve this. -- Charlotte If you are using the CRM Tracking token, then inbound emails will automatically be associated to the Case. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Charlotte" <Charlotte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D6B7941-25F6-42CC-A8B4-AA53DCBE72FC@microsoft.c...

Limitation of Camapaign in Workflow manager?
Hi All, I found that there is no 'Create Activity' or 'Send Email' in Campaign/Campaign activities/ campaign response in workflow manager. Is it a limitation by default in MSCRM? I want to notify multiple users by email in a Campaign Approval process and create a campaign activities automation based on field changes in campaign (No relationship can be created between Campaign activities and customized table also). If the limitation is the case, is there any alternative to achieve it? Thanks Best Regards, Andy I posted this question as well a few days before you...

Realtek sound manager works but no other sound device will work
After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound problems The Realtek sound effects manager works, passes all tests I get sound during tests but no sound player will work. Sounds and audio devices icon info says no audio device installed. I have downloaded and installed all the Intel D925xcv on board drivers, device manager shows all sound devices working I tried uninstalling reinstalling drivers that did not help. I went through all the troubleshooting no help. Blaine wrote: > After a blue screen crash I repaired windows XP and have sound > problems >...

Encumbrance with AA
Hi, I would like to know whether the encumbrance management supports the Analytical Accounting (AA) module. If the dimension wise budget is maintained in AA, when the account is selected in the purchase order along with the dimension, does the system checks the AA budget and accordingly increases the commitment? If anybody has implemented this before, please let me know. Thanks. Regards, Perumal ...

locked cells #3
Have a workbook with 12 worksheets. Suddenly find that 3 cells are read only, protected or something. Unable to unlock those 3 cells. Anyone got any ideas? TIA -- MMAPHQ WWW.MMAP.ORG Tools|Protection|unprotect sheet (You may need to supply a password) TED MEDIN wrote: > > Have a workbook with 12 worksheets. Suddenly find that 3 cells are read > only, protected or something. Unable to unlock those 3 cells. Anyone got any > ideas? TIA > > -- > MMAPHQ > > WWW.MMAP.ORG -- Dave Peterson "Dave Peterson" <petersod@verizonXSPAM.net> wrote i...

delegation #3
I'd like to delegate the ability to create mail-enabled contacts. I've performed the steps outlined in: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/Guides/E2k3ADPerm/9b35165a-0c9d-4aa2-aa55-a17b2138b665.mspx I actually assigned full permissions to the delegate group over the contacts in the OU in question and made them a read-only Exchange admin on the store. They are able to create contacts without mail-enabling them, but... I get the following error when a member of the group delegated tries to create a mail-enabled contact: An Exchange Server could not be found in the ...

Update Path for 2004 11.2.3 -> 11.5.7 ?
I have Office 2004 version 11.2.3 installed on an older Tiger latptop, and want to know if anyone knows what the simplest update path is to the current 11.5.7. Hopefully I don't have to download every single point update in between. Doesn't microsoft have combo updaters? Thanks. Hi Gerald, simply use Microsoft AutoUpdate to have your Mac download all the updates for you. You can activate this application by clicking on the Update command in the Help menu of every single Office application. If you want to download the updates manually, just go to the Mactopia ...