Enable Non-Backorderable Items in POs (e.g. automatically cancel)

Enable identifying vendors and/or items to be non-backorderable from vendor.
(e.g. automatically cancel non-received items)

Many vendors do not backorder items. If an item is ordered and not shipped,
it must be reordered. The current system requires the PO to be Edited so
unreceived items are cancelled. This is an extra step and one if missed, is
bad. For example, when an item is not received it remains in "released"
status, which means the PO generator does not suggest a reorder. yet the
vendor isn't going to ship. We face stock shortages and lost sales. In a busy
environment, extra steps like editing the PO are often forgotten. It would be
a great enhancement to enable automatically cancelling unreceived items when
vendors do not backorder.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4f684d64-645d-49ce-a729-c28df69e873b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Jason4159 (666)

SMTP connector with outbound security enabled, enables authentication for all other connectors!!?!
Hi, *I have so far tested this on two Exchange Orgs. One being our live platform and the other our test enviroment. Both are running Active Directory native mode for 2003, with Exchange 2003 and Exchange SP1*. Right this is my scenario: I have two SMTP connectors, one is the default 'Internet' with a cost of 1 and address space of *. The other is called 'Admin users' has the a cost of 20 with the address space of * also. Our Front end exchange servers; let's call them: 'EXFE1 and EXFE2' are the local bridgeheads for both connectors. The Internet connector by de...

Quick and easy Non-stock parts
I need to know if anyone has figued out how to track a NS part without setting up the part number in the system? Any help will be appreciated. James James not that I cn think of. Why, what is the issue? HS "James Rodgers" <James Rodgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1FDBFA0-E9D8-4E81-85F4-64D526549B65@microsoft.com... >I need to know if anyone has figued out how to track a NS part without > setting up the part number in the system? Any help will be appreciated. > > James > > > > HS It just seems that we are spending an ...

XEXCH50 Command when sending E-mail !
Hi, I have big problem when i sending all E-mail to one domain, but i can sent e-mail to other domain. When i sending the e-mail to (example : abc@abc.com), i will receive the error message from my mail server ( i using Exchange Server 2003 ) : Error Message : ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Testing E-mail ! Sent: 1/26/05 12:54 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: ...

Item Lookup
We have a client on GP 10 with SP4 applied. They are saving long description in the Extender window since they require more than 200 characters for the description field. We need to have this description searched when they are trying to locate an item in the SOP item lookup screen. Is there a way to achieve this? I believe out of the box, this is not possible, but if someone can confirm/validate that will be great. Is VBA a solution? If someone can point us in the right direction, that will be great. Thanks. Probably VBA if attempting to Lookup the Extender Item Description. Mic...

Corrupt item in mailbox
Our back-up program warns me that there are a couple of mailboxes with corrupt itmes, which will not back up. The warning message tells me the name of the mailbox and the subject of the mail (if available). My questions is, is there a tool that can fix this corrupt items or can log these mails to a file with complete data, so I can inform the mailboxowner to delete the item? Thanks, Dirk On 20 Jul 2006 01:47:11 -0700, "Doekoe" <d.schingenga@eromes.nl> wrote: >Our back-up program warns me that there are a couple of mailboxes with >corrupt itmes, which will not back up...

Enable automatic query refresh for all workbooks?
I know there's a way (according to a KB article on Office 2000 SR1), and in Office XP I must have turned this off somehow, since my workbook didn't ask me everytime if it should refresh or not, but I can't seem to find where this checkbox is in Office 2003! This checkbox has been removed in XL2003 for security reasons. You cannot off the prompt using the XL interface. Modifying the following registry key will give you the same effect: Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Excel\Options Key: QuerySecurity Values: 0 = Prompt on all workbooks 1 = Do Not Prom...

IE6
I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Kate Kate wrote: > I inadvertently checked the "Do not show me this message again" box, > but, as I like to know when I am being re-directed to or from a secure > site, I would like to re-enable it. Is is possible, please? Have you looked at the settings for the security zone (probably the Internet security zone) under which the unidentified web...

Can't open this item
Hi Outloook 2000 and Exchange 2000 I am having a problem with Outlook 2K sending tif and zip files. Any other file attachement works fine (.exe .pdf .doc etc) but as soon as tif and zip files exceed about 350k I get the message "Can't open this item" if I try to open it from the Sent items folder. I can send these files but if they get returned I get the error message. Any suggestions would be most welcome as I have no idea where to start with this. I have checked all the file size limitations in Exchange and Outlook that I know of. Thanks ...

Enable macros
I've got a fairly compex workbook with lots of named ranges. I've been using and updating this WB for over a year. All of a sudden, I now get the following message every time I enter something in any field: "The macros in this project are disabled. Please refer to the online help or documentation of the host application to determine how to enable macros." I don't have any macros in this workbook. Les ...

Enabling Circular Logging
Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet starting today. The company I am doing this with suggested enabling circular logging on the Exchange server to avoid backing up unnesseccary data and to svae over the wire bamdwidth. Can anyone explain to me what it is, and how to enble it? I have Exchange 2003 standard server with SP1. Thanks!!!! On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 08:51:01 -0800, "redrobit" <redrobit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all. I am performing backups of my exchange DB's over the internet >starting today. The compa...

POS Inegration with Flat Files
Hi, Can any one assist me with the following: I have a customer who runs a seperate dispensary system in a Pharmacy that still runs on COBOL which at this stage they have to retain. They capture the doctors perscriptions on this system, however they want to use RMS for the rest of the business as well as have the ability to bring up a perscription and process it without recapturing the details. The full details of the perscription is kept in a flat file on the Unix server that I can access. How do I bring the transaction into RMS? -- Cliff Lamberton DART Technologies SOUTH AFRICA C...

Where did e-mail go in Windows7 from my Vista computer?
When Installing Windows 7 on my laptop computer that already had a link at the top of my screen for e-mail in Vista I suddenly lost the e-mail and link. Help Please so I can get my e=mail back. It was not Outlook Express but was better admittedly from Dell. Need help to find a way to get it back. "Lucky" <Lucky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18F040EC-D490-448B-83A8-C4955D8B2F46@microsoft.com... > When Installing Windows 7 on my laptop computer that already had a link at > the top of my screen for e-mail in Vista I suddenly lost the e-mail a...

Automatic Sum problems
When I try to use the automatic sum function, it only functions once. When I change any of the numbers to be added up, there is no change in the result. I have to double click the cell containing the automatic sum function and then press "enter" to get it to recalculate. What's wrong? Why doesn't it recalculate automatically? I've tried a new document and it's the same problem. There must be something in the software that is wrong. I sent a file to a friend by email and he also couldn't get the file to add automatically either. Tools / Options / Calcula...

Visible but non printable (Cell)
Visible but non printable I'm using Excel 97 and want to show the contents of a cell on the screen, and when the work sheet is printed the cell contents are not visible. Any ideas? Use a text box and set it to not print ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Wayne, You need to use the workbook.beforeprint event to change the color of the data in the cell (white text won't print on a white background and most printer don't have white ink) or c...

How to use Find (Ctrl-F) to find non-alpha
Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? tx ;-) Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) works ok for me. What are you having trouble with? On 10/22/2010 16:31, Heather Mills wrote: > Is there some way to search a sheet for anything BUT a-z or A-Z? > > tx ;-) -- Dave Peterson On Fri, 22 Oct 2010 17:54:28 -0500, Dave Peterson <petersod@XSPAMverizon.net> wrote: >Finding numerals or a mixture of numbers and letters (and other characters) >works ok for me. > >What are you having trouble with? > >...

Determining if hibernation is enabled
Hi, I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put the pc in into hibernation, which only works if hibernation is enabled. How can I determine whether hibernation is enabled before calling, so I can report as much to my users? I'm working with VS2008, targetting XP and Vista. Thanks, Steph IsPwrHibernateAllowed\ GetPwrCapabilities or CallNtPowerInformation(Maybe it's better way) "Steph" <steph@newsgroups.nospam> д����Ϣ news:92169931-7711-41D8-A88E-6C6092343D40@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I'm using SetSuspendState(TRUE, FALSE, FALSE) to put...

Enable/disable EDIT Menu's PASTE item according to clipboarb's format
Env: Windows2000, VC++6.00, MFC, . I have a CView based application, which deals with BITMAP. Since application can receive pasting operation coming from clipboard only for BITMAP format, so I hope that ID_EDIT_PASTE item on "Edit" Menu and ID_EDIT_PASTE button on toolbar can be enabled/disabled automatically according to the current clipboard format. I know I can do that if I put IsClipboardFormatAvailable(CF_BITMAP) into ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(ID_EDIT_PASTE, OnUpdateEditPaste) as follows, void CMainFrame::OnUpdateEditPaste(CCmdUI* pCmdUI) { pCmdUI->Enable( IsClipboardFormatAva...

IMS que is filling with tons of e-mail in Exchange 5.5
Hi When ever I tried to select the Hosts and Clients that successfully authenticate option in routing restrictions. I see tons of mail que in IMS. Actually I tried to check for 2010 event and I see some junk user account which says "\temp" which is not at all in my domain or in local users. Can anyone tell is it some virus or some one is creating the account test remotely to spam. Please advis ...

set enable & disable of button (VC 6.0)
Hello, For VC 6.0 (MFC) : How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? Thanks :) this is not going to work buddy ....... read a book ..... "Eitan M" <no_spam_please@nospam_please.com> wrote in message news:ewfJoieGHHA.1232@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > For VC 6.0 (MFC) : > How can I set the enable/disable state of that button ? > > Thanks :) > hi Eitan, Try following, //To Enable button...at run time ...IDB_MYBUTTON is ID of your botton GetDlgItem(IDB_MYBUTTON)->EnableWindow(TRUE); //To Disab...

Item # Change- Macro
We have approximately 800 item numbers that we would like to modify. I know this can be done one at a time via Professional Tools Library. Is this the only way to do this or is there some better way? The Item Modifier tool from the Professional Services Tools Library can also take an import of a file with all 800 numbers. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html blog: www.victoriayudin.com "Grieves" <Grieves@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BB6DE0CF-5EFD-4D69-9BC6-AE7DBABB59...

The e-Mail that wouldn't Die
ON Aug 12, 2005 I received an e-mail from a governmental website notifying me of an event. Each time Outlook 2003 checked my SBC mail server, it got the message again, and again, and again. I deleted the messages, and they just keep coming back. I deleted them all on friday. Today I had 389 of them. All from the same website, all dated 8/12/05. I figure the website's mailer is looking for some sort of confirmation of receipt from Outlook and not getting it. Any ideas on why this is and how to stop it? I've unsubscribed from the site, by the way... Do you have any Anti-virus or Fire...

RE-Enabled Acconts
OK, I have read dozens of messages about users not being able to access their accounts if they were dis-abled then re-enabled. Nothing definitive for an answer though.. Some have said WAIT.. My question is how long to wait? I do know that if I re-boot the exchange server they get their access back, so I am thinking it is a wait thing, but in one instance I had waited 1 hour... What is happening? Carl it can actually take up to 2 hours for the re-enabling to take effect... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Carl Hilton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:uib71bezGHA....

Confirm what happens with Item Class rolldown
Can someone confirm what actually happens if you roll down the changes when you change something on an Item Class? I need to change just one distribution account number. If I tell it to roll down the changes, will it ONLY change this particular account number on all the items that have this class? I need to make absolutely sure that nothing else will be changed if I tell it to roll things down. Hi Bud The system will do exactly what is says - it will roll down "the changes" that you have made. So, if you only change 1 GL account code then it will only roll down that 1 ...

Can you Mail-Enable/Disable Users by OU?
I was wondering if there was a way to mail-enable/disable users by OU or group in Exchange 2000? I have one 2000 domain with 800 or so users, but I only want 100 of them to have mailboxes. I know when you install Exchange it asks you which users you want to mail-enable. But I was wondering if there was a way to maintain this after the fact, say by saying everyone in a particular OU has a mailbox. Also, are there any security measure that I should take with regards to securing the Exchange server to the ~700 users who don't have mailboxes and should have any access to the Exchange serve...

E-mail in Excel
I started to send a worksheet as e-mail through Excel. The To/From/Subject Outlook header appeared in Excel. Now I can't get rid of it in that workbook (I saved the workbook prior to sending e-mail). Header is not in other spreadsheets, so it's somehow tied to this one. Other users on our network can open it on their workstations without the header. Help! Hi Sandra Click on the Mail button again in the standard toolbar and save the file -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Sandra Timm" <Sandra Timm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...