Employee Filters

Hello:

On the employee filters in the HR Preferenes window, would this restrict
seeing employee information in both Payroll and HR?

Also, would it restrict reporting on certain employees in a division or
department?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Your message does not indicate which version of Great Plains you are using.

Using 8.0 with SP3 applied, HR filters do apply to some of employee
information outside of HR.  The settings will filter selected forms,
Smartlists and Lists items.  The HR filter setting do not apply to reports
outside of HR.

The filtered forms are: Employee Maintenance, Employee Lookup, Employee,
Employee Inquiry, Employee Pay Codes.

The filtered SmartLists are: Employee, Payroll Transations, Payroll
Historical Trx.

The filtered List items are: Employees.

David Massey[MSFT]

"childothe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> On the employee filters in the HR Preferenes window, would this restrict
> seeing employee information in both Payroll and HR?
>
> Also, would it restrict reporting on certain employees in a division or
> department?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
dmasse (11)

Perform Action Only on Filtered Records
I have a form with a subform: parent records in the form, related child records in the subform. The user can filter the subform data with the built-in Access filtering functionality. I also have a button on the subform that sets a "batch flag" checkbox on the subform (actually, performs an SQL update of the field in the underlying table). Problem is, when the user filters down the subform data from 100 records to the 10 he's really interested in, the button still flags ALL the records, not just the ones that survived the filtering process. Could use some sample code o...

Outlook 2003 cannot remove Inbox filter
Suddenly my Outlook 2003 inbox has a filter applied such that I cannot see emails which I know are in my in my inbox. Inbox heading says "filter applied" but I cannot find any filter to remove. Can anyone quickly help? Beemer "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:%23mrxntIQHHA.2312@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... | Suddenly my Outlook 2003 inbox has a filter applied such that I cannot see | emails which I know are in my in my inbox. Inbox heading says "filter | applied" but I cannot find any filter to remove. Can anyone quickly help? | ...

New Employee
Using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 on XP client We have replaced an employee, setup their new email address, setup user account on Exchange, etc. The former employee's mailbox is still functioning and the current employee is using their account until we switch over. We would like everything in all of the folders in Outlook '03 from the former employee to be transferred to the new employee's Outlook profile/mailbox. The new employee needs to refer to contacts, emails etc from the former employee. We will setup the proper email forwarding, but how do we transfer/copy all current...

Auto-Filtering a Pivot Table?
Dear Excel 2003 Users, I created a fairly nice pivot table that feeds a chart showing the amount of hours for all of the different clients that a person has worked on. Management liked it but asked a question that left me scratching my somewhat empty head. Is there any way to filter out the "less important" clients - e.g. clients that were worked on for less than 5 hours? The data for the pivot table originates from an Access database, so I guess I could always do it there, but I was hoping that there was some way to have a pull down (similar to the pivot table pull down for th...

Emailing Report with Filter
Hi, I am having problems using the sendobject macro to send a report using arguments such as ID=. This is the parameters i am using for opening the report for printing: Case Details, Report, , ="[ID]=" & [ID], Normal But i cant get it to work with sendobject. Can anyone provide any assistance, as to making this work with the sendobject procedure please? The equal sign in front of ="[ID]=" & [ID] is definitely incorrect. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) <briantyndall@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Filtered List of Sheet Names
I have a large workbook with two types of sheets. One type has detailed info. and is always named after a five-figit number. The summary pages are titled things like "summary" or "overview". I have around 100 detail pages and about 15 summary pages. 1. I need to build an array of sheet names that meet the criteria of having a five-digit number for their name. 2. I need to print that array in a list on one of the summary pages starting in cell b15 in ascending order. I've never done Macro programming (I've tried for so long to avoid it due to slowness, b...

filtering simply
I have a sheet which looks like this (in reality there are 84 names by around 30 skills): person skill 1 skill 2 skill 3 tom yes barbara yes gerry yes margo yes yes yes view staff with which skill?.......... I want to offer a box to allow the user to choose a skill and be given a list of the staff that have that skill. In the example, 'skill 1' should return: tom margo and 'skill 2' should return: barbara margo etc Even better would be to allow combinations of skills, such as skill 1 and s...

Terminating an Employee
Hello: When you terminate an employee in the Termination window in HR, is the amount paid to the employee in the last pay check prorated based on the "Last Date Worked" field? In other words, does Great Plains prorate pay? Thanks! childofthe1980s No matter which word you use, the answer is the same. GP does not prorate. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > When you terminate an employee in the Termination window in HR, is the > amount paid to the employee in the last pay check prorated based on the "Last > Date Work...

Macro for filter
Dear sir , I have just started learning macros.I want to creat a macro for " Late " activities in the "Status " column. When I complete the procedure and go to VBE , there the steps end at Autofilter.It just creats filter but next procedure it doesn't take.Even if when I write Autofilter Selecttaskcolumn column:="status" FilterApplyName= "Late" Even then it just inserts filter but doesn't filter " Late" in "status" column.It doesnt show any debug message also. So what I need to do for it. -- Amey B...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

HR Employee class
Hi I just wanna know how to use Employee class after installing HR. It usually appears in the EMployee maintenance screen, until we activate HR, it disappears. Thanks for your reply ASAP You did not mention Payroll, so I'm going to assume you only have the HR module. The employee class is used to facilitate creating and reporting by employees. -- Charles Allen, MVP "wissam" wrote: > Hi > > I just wanna know how to use Employee class after installing HR. > It usually appears in the EMployee maintenance screen, until we activate HR, > it disappears. >...

Filtering Query based on field values
Hi, I am having a hard time fool-proofing a form HOURS_ENTER. The form is used to register hours worked by temporary employees in a table called HOURS. First I select the employee through a combobox Select_Emp from the table EMPLOYEES and store the EMP_ID into a field in the table. As a visual check, I read the values for name, contract dates (BEGINDATE and ENDDATE, for which the latter can be open, read empty) and such from the table EMPLOYEES. Those values are, of course, not stored in HOURS, just the ID. Next I use a combobox Select_Week to select the week that they did their work in. For...

Excel
I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. Any suggestions. Instead of hiding the unwanted rows, filter to show ONLY those rows. Then select and delete the visible rows. "rook" wrote: > I want to quickly delete unwanted rows from a file. I can use a custom > filter to "hide" the unwanted rows, but I'd like to delete those rows. > > Any suggestions. You need to choose a filter option which displays only the unwanted rows (i.e. the oppos...

Query/Report based on Employee Hire Date
This is probably a very basic thing that I just don't know how to do. I need to pull a report on people hired in December, regardless of year, for performance appraisals. The hire date that I currently have in the database is in the mm/dd/yyyy format. How do I sort on just the Month portion of this. I can then build my reports off of the query. Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions. Steve Add a calculated field to the query. Field: Month([Hire Date]) Criteria: 12 That gets everyone ever hired in the month of December. John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005,...

filter 12-18-07
I have a form that displays prospective customer information. Sometimes we will get inquiries from customers that are already in the system. We have 2 separate tables one for Customers and one for Prospective Customers. Currently, when a user goes to lookup a prospective customer it will show, in a subform, if there is a customer already by the same name. However, they may not always type it the same as in the customer table. What I need is when they are either looking up a prospective customer or entering in a new prospective customer for a list of customers with similar but not exact spellin...

Filtering the todo bar
Is it possible to show all uncompleted items and items completed in the past week? I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Thanks You can use tag searching to show unchecked boxes - I blogged about this last week at http://blogs.msdn.com/johnguin/archive/2009/12/17/tag-summary-and-other-test-cases-for-tags-in-onenote.aspx I don't think there is a way to tell which tags were modified in the last two weeks, though. You could possibly write a powertoy to dig this information out, but I don't think it would be trivial... -- Thanks, John Guin OneNote Test T...

I have an employee who is having problems accessing her documents
I have an employee in another city that has a folder on the server. The server is about 30 miles away, but the problem is that for the past couple days, when she open excel, then goes to open her documents folder, and it takes anywhere from 4 to 5 minutes to open that folder. Anyone have any idea on why and how to fix this problem? Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive, and disconnect any mapped network drives that are not currently available. AdminPhil wrote: > I have an employee in another city that has a folder on the ...

Advanced Filter sort on "asterisk" (wild card) hides data, not just empty blank cells.
In debugging a program, I isolated the problem to the following issue. I manually created the following situation in column A, rows 1 to 6, by copying and pasting actual data in order to accurately re-create the problem: ABN/ACN/BN * ABN/ACN/BN 3158816 40000545415/005 Excel "Help" has this to say about the asterisk: " * (asterisk) Any number of characters in the same position as the asterisk For example, *east finds "Northeast" and "Southeast" " I am assuming that the asterisk, being the wild card symbol, being the "cell not empty" symbol, ...

Employee Stock Option
I have alloted 1000 shares from my company at say $10/share. I enter the grant and 200 shares vests every year. All my shares are already vested. Money enters proper transactions if I use ESO as my investment type. But when I try to Exercise and Sell it puts proper value in the total column. But the share value is increased by that much. The vested shares are also included with the market value. Is it supposed to be taken from the vested shares. I am using Money 2003. Please advice me on this issue. The transaction in money looks as follows. Assume market price as of today is $20 Stoc...

Filtering contacts by customertypecode
Hello, I want to create a view or use the advanced search on contacts based on the customertypecode. The problem is, that I was not able to find this field? Why is it missing in CRM 4? Is there any way to filter on this field? Thank you! Regards, Uwe This field is still present (Relationship type) but is marked not searchable by default. You can change this in the customization. -- Patrick Verbeeten (MCPD) Lead Developer Aviva IT Tools for CRM Developers and Administrators http://www.patrickverbeeten.com/maps/Tools.aspx "Uwe Braunholz" wrote: > Hello, > > I ...

remove inactive employees based on date inactivated #2
I would like to see Tools > Utilities > Payroll > Remove Inactive Records have a date field so only those employees inactivated prior to the date entered are removed rather than all inactive employees as it now does. Hi Rod, Please enter this good suggestion in https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/productsuggestion. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rod C" wrote: > I would like to see Tools > Utilities > Payroll > Remove Inactive Records > have a date field so only those employees inactivated p...

how to use countif to incorporate filters
I have been looking for a solution to my issue for several hours now but I have had little luck finding an exact answer, so here goes. I used auto filter to filter the data in my spreedsheet I have several columns but to simplify things I am mainly concerned with three; one is regions, the other is dealers, and the last is certified position. In a different tab I have a table that has each region down column A and each postion across the row I need a formula that will tell me how many of each given position there are are in each region . I do not want to use a pivot table, and th...

Newb Question
Working on a Master Mailing Political Campaign list.....any tutorials on how to quickly devise a filter to eliminate redundant mailing addresses? TIA! Insert a new worksheet. Select your data range on original sheet. Data>Filter>Advanced Filter. Check "Unique records only" and "copy to a new location". Your "listrange" will be already entered. In the "copy to" click on the Collapse Dialog button and select your new worksheet A1. OK your way out. You can now delete the original list. Filtering Tutorial at Debra Dalgleish's site....... h...

sample letter for employee recognition to his boss
I would like to find a letter that I can cut and paste for praising an outstanding employee that added to my customer service level. It needs to be generic in nature so it can be reused from my files for future customer service accoloades that I may experience. desksurfer99 <desksurfer99@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I would like to find a letter that I can cut and paste for praising an > outstanding employee that added to my customer service level. Your employee isn't outstanding enough that he/she deserves his/her own personally-written...

Lookup Function? Employee Number with Employee Name
I have a spreadsheet that I believe that I need some form of LOOKUP function, but have been unable to find the type that I need. I have a column "C" that has an employee number in it. I have created a table on Sheet 2 with the Employee Number and the corresponding Employee Name in that table. I want to have the column "D" on Sheet 1 to automatically fill in the Employee Name based on the Employee Number in column "C". What type of function would this be? and suggestions on syntax? Thanks for the help. =VLOOKUP(c1,Sheet2!A:B,2,FALSE) Or for instan...