Employee Check Format-Graphical

Does anyone know of a TK that shows how to convert one of the employee check
from a text report to a graphical report?

We do not have Direct deposit,  I looked in the Report Downloads from Great
Plains and did not see one there either.

thanks
--
Doug
0

There's no secret here.  Just un-check the "Text Report" option in the Report
Definition window.  And then modify the report so it looks like you want it.
This will take some time.  The reports don't transfer from text to graphical
nicely.

"Doug" wrote:

> Does anyone know of a TK that shows how to convert one of the employee check
> from a text report to a graphical report?
>
> We do not have Direct deposit,  I looked in the Report Downloads from Great
> Plains and did not see one there either.
>
> thanks
> --
> Doug
0
SteveChapman (349)
6/1/2006 9:36:02 PM
Thanks for the response,  I was hoping there was a graphical format already
prepared.  I have transferred reports from text to graphical previously and
you are correct, it takes some time.  Report writer is such unfriendly tool
to use.

I am currently modifying the Purchase order format, trying to add buyer
information and it is quite a mess...

thanks again, I would have rather Great Plains updated report writer than
add the fancy homepage thing for V9....

--
Doug

"Steve Chapman" wrote:

> There's no secret here.  Just un-check the "Text Report" option in the Report
> Definition window.  And then modify the report so it looks like you want it.
> This will take some time.  The reports don't transfer from text to graphical
> nicely.
>
> "Doug" wrote:
>
> > Does anyone know of a TK that shows how to convert one of the employee check
> > from a text report to a graphical report?
> >
> > We do not have Direct deposit,  I looked in the Report Downloads from Great
> > Plains and did not see one there either.
> >
> > thanks
> > --
> > Doug
0
Doug4515 (774)
6/1/2006 10:22:02 PM
You're not alone with that sentiment.  Good luck.

"Doug" wrote:

> Thanks for the response,  I was hoping there was a graphical format already
> prepared.  I have transferred reports from text to graphical previously and
> you are correct, it takes some time.  Report writer is such unfriendly tool
> to use.
>
> I am currently modifying the Purchase order format, trying to add buyer
> information and it is quite a mess...
>
> thanks again, I would have rather Great Plains updated report writer than
> add the fancy homepage thing for V9....
>

> --
> Doug
>

> "Steve Chapman" wrote:
>
> > There's no secret here.  Just un-check the "Text Report" option in the Report
> > Definition window.  And then modify the report so it looks like you want it.
> > This will take some time.  The reports don't transfer from text to graphical
> > nicely.
> >
> > "Doug" wrote:
> >
> > > Does anyone know of a TK that shows how to convert one of the employee check
> > > from a text report to a graphical report?
> > >
> > > We do not have Direct deposit,  I looked in the Report Downloads from Great
> > > Plains and did not see one there either.
> > >
> > > thanks
> > > --
> > > Doug
0
SteveChapman (349)

Spell Check 06-06-10
How do I install or activate spell check? I have Vista Is there a better program than Vista, if so what? In Windows Mail? It is active by default. When you check your spelling, does it miss words? Go to Tools | Options | Spelling. Select another language and Apply. Close WinMail and open. Go back and set it to the language it should be. Note the other options there as well. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Eleanor Evans" <e-evans@cox.net> wrote in message news:uyDOysZBLHA.1368@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > &g...

XML Formatting
How is CRM 3.0 expecting the xml files to be formatted? I am trying to import docs from a previous crm and get this error: The source XML file is not in the expected format and/or contains syntactical errors. Verify that the file is well formed XML and is complete, or try specifying a different file. Any examples would be of a great help. how are you importing? ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "LostInCRMLand" <nmaspdev@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148678849.309658.204590@g10g2000cwb.googlegroups.com....

Checking a Check Box in Excel
How do I check a check box in Excel. I need to know what to put in Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() 'this bit here' End Su -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() if checkbox1.Value = True then msgbox "box is checked" else msgbox "box is not checked" End if End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Frenchie" <Frenchie.yhnem@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Frenchie.yhnem@excelforum-nospam.com... > How do I check a check box in Excel. I need to know what to put in > > Private Sub CheckBox1_...

VBA/Macro/Date format help
Hello Firstly I apologise if this is not the right forum. Some kind soul (I forget who, sorry) wrote me a macro that copied the contents of 4 columns to another part of a spreadsheet if the date matched today's date. For some reason I can't fathom, when it copies the date, it does so in US format rather than the UK format which is the setting for my PC. Given that today's date (2nd August) in UK reads as 02/08/03 the US format returns the date of Feb 2nd. I really don't understand VBA at all, when I call the help file Excel can't locate it, and I'm struggling! I can ...

Excel shouldn't bitch about a "date format" when formatted as txt
So, when I want a date to display as, say, 7/15 and the over aggressive autoformat kicks in, I change the cell format to Text, which is supposed to 'displays exactly as typed.' Bingo, perfect. But then when I type in "7/15" I still get a formula error message. That's stupid. Make it stop. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion...

New Employee
Using Exchange 2000 with Outlook 2003 on XP client We have replaced an employee, setup their new email address, setup user account on Exchange, etc. The former employee's mailbox is still functioning and the current employee is using their account until we switch over. We would like everything in all of the folders in Outlook '03 from the former employee to be transferred to the new employee's Outlook profile/mailbox. The new employee needs to refer to contacts, emails etc from the former employee. We will setup the proper email forwarding, but how do we transfer/copy all current...

FRx row format account labels
Hello: When an FRx row format is created by using "Edit...Add Rows from Chart of Accounts" and so forth, how does FRx determine the name of the account to place within the row? What I'm getting at is that a row format that is based on the natural account segment can represent several accounts--for example, an account that represents several departments--can be "divided" into different departments based on the segment of the account. So, for an account that has as many as ten departments, how does FRx determine the name for the account. The account description ...

Maintain display format as part of value
Hi- I was wondering if there was any way to maintain the display format for cells when exporting records out of excel or pasting them into a new worksheet. When I currently try it, only the values are exported. I want to find a way to change the data so that what is displayed is actually what is stored. This goes beyond simply "Paste Special" as that does not work, especially when trying to export into Ms Access. Thanks in advance! NQ ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly fro...

Terminating an Employee
Hello: When you terminate an employee in the Termination window in HR, is the amount paid to the employee in the last pay check prorated based on the "Last Date Worked" field? In other words, does Great Plains prorate pay? Thanks! childofthe1980s No matter which word you use, the answer is the same. GP does not prorate. -- Charles Allen, MVP "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > When you terminate an employee in the Termination window in HR, is the > amount paid to the employee in the last pay check prorated based on the "Last > Date Work...

DPM forces a Consistency Check on data
Hi all, I have a DPM 2007 SP1 server in one office ? and are trying to backup data in another office, connected by T1 (1.54Mbps) link. It works, but every time there is an issue ? DPM forces a Consistency Check on XGB( >100) of data, which takes 5-7 days to complete. can any tell abt this. thanks in advance gopal Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Useful ASP.NET Exception Engine http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/52012346-36db-4a47-ac61-8b9c9b4ce9a0/useful-aspnet-exception.aspx Hi Gopal, Can you please eloborate on "Ev...

I design my drawing check print preview when i print it is only i.
I create a drawing in visio print review shows full page when i print it only prints the center of the drawing ...

how to check if CEdit input is a number or not?
I want to know what is the easy way to check if a string is a number or not? the number can be int, float, double, scientific,... what is the easy way for only interger? Look at this: http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/validatingedit.asp --------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com You may find this derived control useful. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/editctrl/maskededitcontrols/article.php/c3915/ Tom "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1141853748.415449.24570@i40g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... >I want to know what is the easy way to check if a str...

Check Cashing
I have a client that wants to add check cashing to their C-store running on RMS. Has anyone done this? What are the potential drawbacks? ...

picture formatting
I inserted a picture over some text in a spreadsheet and expected to see the lettering appear through the picture, just as it does (or can do) in Word. That didn't happen. There was no way I could find to alter the picture so that I could see the text beneath. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I'm using Excel 2003. Thanks! Hank ...

Phone Format PHYSICAL
I have a phone number coming in. I know I can change the format but I also need to PHYSICALLY change the cell as well. The cell HAS to appear as... (123)456-7890 It HAS to because I have to try and De-Dupe it through Access and run an Unmatched query against it so that it attempts to match up correctly to the physical table wich is formatted as (123)456-7890. Can someone help me out here??? Thanks! How does the data come in, is it just 1234567890? If so then assuming your data is in Col A and starting in A1, in b1 try =TEXT(A1,"(000)000-0000") Copy down, then copy all and ...

ML Checks printing
New install - trying to edit the print out. Using Stub top and Bottom - Graphical. The top heading is to high needs to be moved down. Changed the body which was 12 points to 10 points. Once there is alot of entries on the old version - more than 12 - it would printout continued on remittance. No with the 10 points it cause a page break inbetween and doesnot print properly. Is the some help some where to get it to work - - looks like some old programming that is the issue ...

dowloading statements over-writes check number
I'm using checks with 5 digit check numbers... money is downloading information and over-writing the check numbers - who's fool idea was that anyway? - so I have probably 100 'check 2410's in my file... I want the system to automatically match transactions when I download my statements, but i don't want it to over-write the check number! How do i stop this? Probably the bank's. But you also elected to accept that their data would be better than garbage when you decided that downloading transaction data was the way to go. "bigjohn" <bigjohn@discuss...

A macro to check range and then check another range if falset-then
Hi – I have been trying to work out a macro. I am looking for a macro that will check 2 things....then do something. The first is if a particular cell contains a given value. Lets say Sheets("sheet1").Range("D3") should equal "Year 1" if true. Next is if a range of cell values in are blank, Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D6:G48") should be blank. If both these are true then I want the macro to copy a range of cells from Sheets("Sheet2").Range("AR5:AR47") to Sheets("Sheet1").Range("D6:D48"). If false then...

Hiding Personal Employee Information in Address Book
First off the environment is Exchange 2003 SP1 with Active Directory 2003. Basically... our HR department was granted limited access to AD to fill in user information (Home address, telephone, etc...) and I then modified the default user ACL so that any member of "Group X" in AD was denied access to seeing the above personal information. This worked on the Global Address List as well.... But now there's a problem. We've been setting up users in Cached Mode, and those users are able to see everything. I believe this has to do with the fact that Exchange is generating t...

TODAY fucntion in a formula / conditoinal format? #2
Here's the condition I set: Formula=+$G7<=TODAY THe result was strange...when I autofilled it, it strated a dat sequence. What I mean is the original date in G7 is 7/31, when autofilled it, G8 became 8/1, G9, 8/2, G10 8/3 and so on. Where did screw it up -- bludovic ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bludovico's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1480 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26505 ...

ratio formatting
In an older version of Excel (and I can't remember which one) I was able to do a numerical format for ratios x:xx. I don't remember what I did and no longer have the workbook/sheets that contained the formatting. I am currently using Office XP and Office:Mac 2003 -- I cannot figure out how to format for ratios -- I don't want to use fractions (for esthetics) as my display. Any clues? maybe you used a formula in a helper cell? =substitute(text(a1/b1,"??/??"),"/",":") uteowl wrote: > > In an older version of Excel (and I can't remem...

if cell format
Hi, would some be kind enough to show me how to word an if then statemen for formating? Here is the question in regular people talk. if the cell A1 is bold return true in not then false thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you need VBA for this. Try the following user defined function: Public Function is_bold(rng As Range) As Boolean application.volatile is_bold = rng.Font.Bold End Function us this like =IS_BOLD(A1) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > would some be kind enough to show me how to word an if then statement > fo...

Input Mask vs. Format Property
Note: This was cross-posted in the tabledesign forum ...... Hi Folks - Just bumped into something interesting .... On a text field, I can set the FORMAT property to > so that text entered will be formatted as uppercase. The only thing I don't like about this technique is while you are typing, the text is entered as lower case. It does not change to uppercase until the field is updated. Now, if I use the Input Mask property, I can force 2 uppercase text characters by setting the property to >LL. As I type, the text is entered as Uppercase which I like. However, if I type a number (in...

Computer Check Batch stuck in Batch Recovery Limbo!
We have a Computer Check batch whose status is "Computer Check Posting Error" (SY00500.BCHSTTUS = 15). If we try and open via the Payables Batch Entry we receive: "You cannot edit the batch or transactions in this batch. Use the Batch Recovery window to continue processing this batch." So, onto Batch Recovery: This begins a never ending loop. Batch ID in question is selected and "Marked" and [Continue] is selected to process and we receive: "Data entry errors exist in batch <BATCH ID>. Use the Batch Recovery window to process this batch. Any su...

Conditional Formatting
How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in preceeding column exceeds 2 weeks? What is the formula for this? -- AP - AGP Prod Dev Sorry if this was unclear - I want to create a condition where the spreadsheet flags any dates in Column D if they exceed 14 days based on the corresponding date in Column C. I want the cell color to change to red when the two week deadline is missed. Can this be done?? -- AP - AGP Prod Dev "Angela" wrote: > How do I make cell colors in a column change if time between dates in > preceeding column exceeds 2 week...