EFT for Payables - GP 10 - Functionality has been reduced

In version 9 or before, a client could select all cheques for payment,
and the system would create cheques for vendors without EFT info, and
create the EFT file for vendor with EFT.

I cannot do this anymore (in GP 10).  On the batch setup screen when
you choose computer cheque, there is an option for payment type -
Cheque or EFT.  I have to create an EFT batch and use select cheques,
then create a cheque batch, and process them separately.  If I forgot
to do the EFT batch first, then all vendors would get paid by cheques.

If this is the case, this will cause grief to a lot of clients who are
used to doing one select cheques run. Does anybody know if I can do
anything differently to get this working as it did previously?

Most of the people I deal with have always done 2 batches,  1 for EFT
and 1 for Checks. the advantage of the new functionality is that you
don't have to burn check stock or check numbers for your EFT
Remittance slips (a previously expensive operation).

But yes, it is a process change.

Mark

On Jun 25, 9:38=A0am, Zack G <z.gallin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> In version 9 or before, a client could select all cheques for payment,
> and the system would create cheques for vendors without EFT info, and
> create the EFT file for vendor with EFT.
>
> I cannot do this anymore (in GP 10). =A0On the batch setup screen when
> you choose computer cheque, there is an option for payment type -
> Cheque or EFT. =A0I have to create an EFT batch and use select cheques,
> then create a cheque batch, and process them separately. =A0If I forgot
> to do the EFT batch first, then all vendors would get paid by cheques.
>
> If this is the case, this will cause grief to a lot of clients who are
> used to doing one select cheques run. Does anybody know if I can do
> anything differently to get this working as it did previously?

0
mpolino (496)

Search Form 04-13-10
I need to create a form where users can search for multiple data, and give an end result. For example, a user needs to find a client by the last name SMITH and lives in the city of CHICAGO and zip is 98765. I've tried the Allen Browne site, but when I try to 'replace' some of the criteria with mine, I get errors. Martin Greene has a great search form at www.fontstuff.com -- Milton Purdy ACCESS State of Arkansas "JHa" wrote: > I need to create a form where users can search for multiple data, and give an > end result. For example, a user nee...

EFT Addenda Information
Is anyone familiar with the new functionality in version 10.0 of GP that allows for the file setup needed to provide addenda information so that it can be processed as part of the file generation and submission of EFT's for Payables? Many vendors want not only the EFT, but the remittance information electronically as addenda to the payment. Although the feature of EFT addenda information was advertised, it seems to be very limited. Ultimately, how do you set up the EFT addenda in EFT File Format so that all documents (invoices and/or credit memos) on a payment are included as deta...

Notefix Utility 07-07-10
I have the Notefix utility from 9.0 and need it again while adding a new test company in GP 10.00.1400. Has the Notefix utility been changed/updated since then? yes because there's a notefix for 10. "DavidM" wrote: > I have the Notefix utility from 9.0 and need it again while adding a new test > company in GP 10.00.1400. > > Has the Notefix utility been changed/updated since then? ...

tighter exchange integration??? 12-10-03
Has anyone thought of trying to build a bit tighter exchange integration? Like when a task is created in CRM having it go to exchange too? Etc? ...

Internet Explorer 8 04-10-10
I continually get the "Diagnose Connection Problems" box even though I have a good solid connection. It happens too often to be a server problem. Any suggestions on how to solve? On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 09:41:01 -0700, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I continually get the "Diagnose Connection Problems" box even though I have a >good solid connection. It happens too often to be a server problem. Any >suggestions on how to solve? Could be a dead or incorrect link. Over time URLs do change or get dropped. Always state you...

Report 06-01-10
The Incurred Dates in my query run in rows. An example is below: 1/1/09 Date A 5.9 2/1/09 Data A 6.2 3/1/09 Data A 7.5 On my report I need to represent my dates as columns. Example below: 1/1/09 2/1/09 3/1/09 Data A 5.9 6.2 7.5 What is the easiest way to do this on a report without having to create a new SQL statement. I am dealing with a lot of data. Any suggestions??????? Crosstab query. Use the wizard to create it. -- Build a little, tes...

Synchronizing Combo Boxes 01-21-10
I need to synchornize two combo boxes 1st combo box contains the "QUESTION NAME" 2nc combo box contains the "CATEGORY" What is the event procedure or the macro to make this happen? Thanks. -- Denise B. For the first combo the onclick event set up a query that returns the possible values of Category for the Question clicked on me.ComboOne returns this value so the query is something like "SELECT CategoryId, CategpoyTxt FROM categorie WHERE question = " & me.comboOne then set this as the rowsource for the second Combo me.comboT...

Account Payables Transactions Report
We would like to compare transactions to see where debits do not match credits for one Accounts Payable GL account. The transactions are purchase order invoices (credits) and payments against these purchase orders (debits). Currently, Accounting prints a report from Reports > Financial > Trial Balance > Detailed for the account and MANUALLY matches the dollar amounts. So if we process a Computer Check for $200 in debit, Accounting is searching for the matching $200 in credit (sometimes having to find multiple lines to add up to $200). Is there a way to create a smartlist (w...

Having trouble 07-07-10
I am new to this. I can't seem to get it right. What do I put for the server name? POP3? SMTP? I am trying to add a yahoo account. What do do I put? See if this sugesstion can help you: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=pop3&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail&p=1&tid=0d51ed48-bde6-456f-b726-9977aa6bd5e4&mid=0d51ed48-bde6-456f-b726-9977aa6bd5e4 A few more here: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?query=pop3&dg=microsoft.public.windows...

EFT Payables void transactions appear on EFT file
How can we exclude payables transactions from showing up on the EFT file after we have voided the transaction? Is there any way to accomplish this without having to update the database directly? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/...

Re: Create Exchange 2007 mailbox 07-28-10
"david" <jenesaispas@21c.net> wrote in message news:... > Message-ID: <eb2f4fa1080d471baf0ea95fc8f07463@newspe.com> > X-Mailer: http://www.umailcampaign.com, ip log:72.10.138.169 > Newsgroups: microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript > NNTP-Posting-Host: 22.bb.5446.static.theplanet.com 70.84.187.34 > Path: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl!TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl!newspe.com > Lines: 1 > Xref: TK2MSFTNGP01.phx.gbl microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript:228353 > > Hi Sofia, > > I'm in the same problem that you was. I would like to know if you find ...

Windows Server 2008 R2 04-09-10

Apply Payables Documents #2
Hello, For some odd reason, I cannot check on the box to apply the amount I want on the check. This message keeps poppin up: Only the remaining balance can be applied. But that's what I'm doing, it won't let me however. I would appreciate any help. Thank you, Caroline ...

Vacation Tracker 01-19-10
I need some help. I am trying to build a simple vacation tracker for the office. I have built a small calender with each cell as one day in the year. For each employee I am entering a "V" for when they take a vacation. I have used the "count" funtion, which works great if the employee schedules a full day of vacation. If I need ".5V" for a half day of vacation, I cannot add this to my count for the number of days taken by the employee. Is there some function I can use to add up all of the "V" and ".5V" for the month to see t...

SETTING UP AN EFT PROCESS
i want to take advantage of our bank's "Integrated Disbursement Servicess" and I believe using "EFT" will do this. This service allows me to generate a file to transmit to our bank and they either issue an ACH transaction or print a check and mail it for us. The transaction file needs to have the same informaiton as our current check stub. I would like to talk to someone that is already doing this. Thanks -- RON COX ...

macros #10
If I have a macro that copies A1 and pastes it into b1, how can I change the macro to paste it into any selected cell? Hi HOHN, Try one of these... Sub S_Copy() ActiveCell.Value = Range("A1").Value End Sub Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Target.Value = Range("A1").Value End Sub Where you will have to activate the S_Copy() macro with a button or such and the Selection_Change macro will copy A1 th the cell you click on. HTH Regards, Howard "JOHN" <JOHN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:34A28B2B-D959-46...

Display 10 rows on a quote report even if they are blank
Hello, I want to display 10 rows on the quote report even when there are only 4 items on it. We want to always display the blank lines to keep the look of the report. I was able to do this in Visusal studio 2008, but now I can't do the same exact thing in Visual Studio 2005. So if a quote has 2 items we want to display the 2 items plus 8 blank rows after them and if it has 6 items we will display the 6 items and then 4 blank lines and so forth. thank you Make a temp view or table and make a full outer join to make sure the dataset always have at least 10 records of items. Then...

Payables Management Credit Memo Distribution Problem
Hi All A client of mine is having a problem with credit memos applied to one of their suppliers. When the invoice is created, there are 2 distributions: Cr Vehicle Exp +21105.50, Dr Trade Creditors +21105.50. There is no tax, and no discount. However, when a credit memo is applied to the invoice, the distributions are: Cr Vehicle Exp -21105.50 Dr Trade Creditors -21538.47 Cr Discount received -379.80 Cr VAT Input -53.17 Where are these extra distributions coming from? This is obviously a problem because the creditors control account shows the incorrect amount, and the discount received ...

Unapply Credit Memos and Payments In Payables
Hi, We have a problem here where we made a manual payment for a supplier and applied it to the wrong invoices. We also have some credit memos that were applied to the wrong vendor invoices. Now I can't seem to be able to unapply these payments and apply it to the right vendor invoices. Its driving me nuts what can I do? I think your solution leads to voiding those transactions by going to Void Historical Transactions -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://msdynamicswire.com http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Raf" wrote: > Hi, > > We have a problem here where...

How do you remove an eft record from the eft file generation
Wrong vendor used for invoice and eft. After discover both invoice and payment were voided. The invoice was re-entered using the correct vendor code and payment was made by manual check. The eft record is still in the file gereation, how do I correctly remove the record - keeping in mind I need a paper trail for the auditors. Can you just delete it from the ACH file, adjust the totals, and write a memo? -- Leslie Vail, CPA, MCT, MVP MCBSP-Application for Microsoft Dynamics GP MCBSP-Installation and Configuration for Microsoft Dynamics GP cell: 972-814-8550 fax: 972-692-7472 &qu...

Cannot open Outlook 03-12-10
Windows Vista Home Premium, all updates applied. When one attempts to open Outlook, it fails. The message reads: "...Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Personal Folders(1).pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to diagnose and repair errors in the file. For more information about the Inbox repair tool see Help..." Any ideas welcomed. "Ch...

Split address field 02-14-10
I have an [Address] field that has one (1) or two (2) lines. i need to split current [Address] field into two (2) fields [AddressLine1] and [AddressLine2] Thank you A bit more information needed... If you were to tell a human assistant how to decide where to split that, what would you tell them? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in th...

Help 05-06-10
I'm trying to send a message and I cant And what exactly happens when you try? Any error messages? Has this account ever worked in Windows Mail? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant > "Jarrod Soto" <jarroddsoto@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uLk3suL7KHA.1424@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to send a message and I cant ********...

EFT vendors should not be pulled into regular check batches.
An EFT vendor payment batch has to be created prior to creating a regular check batch (each time). Check batches should never pull in any EFT vendors for payments. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

autonumbers 02-23-10
have 2 db with autonumbers, when i append a record from 1 to other, it now changes the autonumber to 1+ the number from record appended. in 2003, i could append and then when i added a new record, it gave me the correct number. If you are attempting to have sequential autonumbers, you will be disappointed. Autonumbers are only guarenteed to be unique and that's if they are also the primary key field. Nothing more. Nothing less. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Sharon" wrote: > ...