Edit Chunk file

Hello,

I have a chunk file from a exiting vendor. I would like to see what changes
were made by importing the chunk file. Is there a way to view the changes?

Greg
0
gsvi (8)

While it is possible to rename a copy of a CNK file as a DIC file and open
it, I don't believe it will be all that helpful.

As this is an extracted dictionary, it will not have any of the DYNAMICS.DIC
resources and so will show lots of missing and [Not Found] resources.

Also, it is unlikely that the source has been left in the chunk as it is
normal practice for the source code to be stripped.

So... you will be able to see the list of new forms, tables, reports, fields
etc as well as any alternate windows and reports.

You will not be able to see any scripts or procedures or functions.

If the chunk is a full update rather than a patching chunk (full update is
most common for ISVs), it will have all resources again and so you will not
be able to differentiate between existing and updated resources.

So, I would suggest you contact the developer and simply ask them what has
changed or what changes the chunk implements.

If you install the chunk, you can use security to explore all the reports,
tables, forms and alternate reports and forms it contains.  You can also use
Table Resources to see more info on the tables.

Finally, you can use Tool >> Customise >> Customisation Status >> Print to
print a list of the triggers in the system and see what triggers the chunk is
registering.

Hope this helps.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"gsvi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a chunk file from a exiting vendor. I would like to see what changes
> were made by importing the chunk file. Is there a way to view the changes?
>
> Greg
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

How do I print online PDF files to OneNote on Windows 7?
When I try to print to OneNote, my only print options are "Fax" and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer." How do I add OneNote as a print option for Windows 7 for printing oneline PDF files? I forgot to add that I did download the driver provided by David Rasmussen but when I ran it, I just got an "Unhandled exception has occurred" message. "Meer" wrote: > When I try to print to OneNote, my only print options are "Fax" and > "Microsoft XPS Document Writer." How do I add OneNote as a print option for > Windows 7...

Lotus Files
I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open. They are {filename}.123 files. How can I open them in Excel? Excel does not have a filter for .123 files so you have to convert them to a format Excel can read, like XLS or WK4, in 1-2-3 itself, or get a conversion program like Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Dianne" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:02e001c496ad$95655050$a401280a@phx.gbl... |I have Lotus spreadsheets that Excel won't open. They are | {filename}.123 files. How can I open them in Excel? ...

Displaying HTML/XHTML from source XML file
Displaying HTML/XHTML from source XML file i am having an xml file i want to display the contents of the xml file in a web browser control in winforms however i want to display it as html/xhtml after applying formatting. how can this be done? ...

Money file encrypted

opening dbf file in Excel: "cannot open protected file"
Office 2007 seems unwilling to open any of the dbf's that I'm attempring to move over from an old db program. None appear to have any special security limitations. I've googled the problem and all I get are statements about Excel 2002 and dbf files that begin with the letter "c". Anyone having a similar problem? Thanks. ...

editting auto recovery

BOM & Edit List

Outlook 2000 files in Outlook 2003
After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in some saved emails. Any ideas on why? Do you have PGP installed? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "R-tap" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:070401c3c320$6048cf20$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After upgrading outlook 2000 to 2003 I lost the text in > some saved emails. Any ideas on why? No... pretty plain jane XP\office 2003 install no encryption. >-----Original Me...

print to file #2
I'm all of a sudden getting a "Print to File" popup when I try to send a print area to my printer. The print preview is fine and I can't figure how to send it to the printer. I must have changed something. Use menu commands File|Print Look on right side of dialog box about halfway down side. Uncheck Print to File box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Bob V" <Bob V@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3345A60B-BDC0-47F4-B7C2-DE8538658485@microsoft.com... > I'm all of a sudden getting ...

can I display the file name of the imported text file in another c
When I refresh data and select a file I would like that file name displayed in another cell because within the file name is a date & time stamp relating to the contents. For example if the imported filename is count_200505110035.csv then I want a cell in the worksheet to display count_200505110035.csv. Any ideas welcomed please? ...

OPENING FILE
I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AND CAN IT BE FIXED? find someone with xl2002 - this has a built in repair facility. You file has probably become corrupted. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy RUSS KING <WRCING2@AOL.COM> wrote in message news:03d201c36ab0$c7ba2780$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I SUDDENLY CANNOT OPEN A FILE THAT I HAVE BEEN USING FOR > OVER A YEAR. GETTING MESSAGE THIS IS A "READ ONLY" OR MAY > HAVE BEEN ENCRYPTED.....WHAT HAPPENED, AN...

Editing
Hi! Could you please tell me how to remove a linked transaction within the budget planner. For example, I have a double entry under the debt category. ...

PDF file #6
I have Publisher 2002 and would like to insert a .pdf file into a document I am working on. How do / Can I do this? Many thanks, Ger A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Ger <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I have Publisher 2002 and would like to insert a .pdf > file into a document I am working on. How do / Can I do > this? It was only necessary to post once. It is not possible to import a PDF directly into Publisher, but using a tool such as Adobe Acrobat or GhostScript/GSView, you can convert the PDF into a PostScrip...

editing a drop down #2
that's not one of my choices. -- kateweb ------------------------------------------------------------------------ kateweb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16301 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=276931 what do you mean by this .. is it greyed out on the toolbar or shows "any value"? if you'ld like to tell me where you downloaded it from i can go have a look at it cheers JulieD "kateweb" <kateweb.1fictb@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:kateweb.1fictb@excelfor...

Macro to edit details
Hi, i am currently trying to create a macro regarding editing staf details on a worksheet....... therefore i recorded a macro and named it editstafflist, i highlighte my headings...and then went to 'data > form' and then had to close th form and then stop my macro. It wouldnt allow me to stop my macr whilst the dialogue box was open. Anyways after stopping the macro drew out a button and assigned this 'editstafflist' macro to it. saved my sheet and then clicked on the button, but a error '1004' kep occuring, can anyone please help me on this as i am rather stuck ...

File password override
I'm trying to restore a backup file. Money is asking for a file password. I enter the password that is appropriate for the Passport account used to lock the file, but Money will not accept that. I wonder if this file has a seperate file password and if so, I have no memory of what it may have been. Is there some way to reset it? Is there some other way in to this file? Thanks Though I sympathize with your problem, I certainly hope there's no back door. If there is, I'm going back to paper records. I shudder to think that a hacker could conceivably get an older backup file an...

Setting caret in edit control & activating it.
Hello Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an edit control ? Nicholas Take a look at the CEdit::SetSel() member function. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Nicholas Kingsley" <nickk@nildram.co.uk> wrote in message news:3f9d418a$0$106$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net... > Hello > > Does anyone have any example code for setting and enabling the caret in an > edit control ? > > Nicholas > > If you are asking how to create & use your own caret in an edit control then check...

Space for recovery point (DPM 2007), file related
OK, I have found the different worksheet and different tools, web site, and KB to calculate the sizing of DPM volumes, but I am hitting a "head scratching" confusing something. Let me give a scenario and please correct me when needed ;) I have an SQL server, that I use SQL Maintenance to create BAK file, once a day, and keeping 7 days of backup. The backup folder with all the DB are 60gig (Yes I can use DPM to backup the DB directly, but I still want to have the SQL BAK done). So to me, this is a simply "FILE backup", with a Replica volume of always 60gb, a...

Storing BLOBs in excel files
Hello group, (must have been asked before, but I don't seem to find the right google terms) Is there a way to store Large Binary Objects in cells? I have a list of items that I want to associate with documents, such as picture, some piece of text or HTML. I can not be sure it is text, so I need a way to store it as binary objects, along with the list of items. I don't need to be able to manipulate the BLOBs, just store them and retrieve them. Any help?? Thanks Willem -- Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands wvandeursen_nospam@nospam_carthago.nl replace ...

Data collection Form Edit
We have a form which will be used almost daily, for data collection, based on a query. During the test we found a typo in one of the field labels where a brief description is included. Is there some way to edit the form? (recreating it with all the custom lables is just too long a task). Another issue on this topic, every time the form is sent, the messge reverts to the default "Please fill out the form and retunr it to me". Can this default message be changed? Nothing in the help functions. Any advice, or deirection to a learning resource will be appreciated. Thanks is adva...

Excel File saved as Temp file
I have "upgraded" to Windows 7 from Vista. I am having numerous problems with Excel (Office 2000) . One of those is that when I try to do a file save, I get the message that It wouldn't save and that a temp file has been created that I must rename and then try again. When it does this, it won't allow me to save the file in any other location. The Excel file completely disappears. I can save new files in the same location as the file in question. In another forum I followed links to a suggested fix, I tried those steps and they did not give me anythi...