eConnect

Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between
two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does
not wotk with other applications for data integration.  Is
there any other integration tools that we can use that
will work not only with Great Plains but with other
applications as well?
We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this
will work with Great Plains?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74719)

"Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this
> will work with Great Plains?

Great Plains uses eConnect in order to communicate with BizTalk.

--
Curt Hagenlocher
curt@hagenlocher.org

0
faustus (1)
7/2/2004 10:14:26 PM
What other applications are you looking at to integrate.

0
anonymous (74719)
7/3/2004 1:57:59 AM
Any CRM, ERP, MRP etc....

0
anonymous (74719)

eConnect Certification
Is any certification exam available for eConnect? Please reply. Thanks, Karpagavalli. ...

eConnect
Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does not wotk with other applications for data integration. Is there any other integration tools that we can use that will work not only with Great Plains but with other applications as well? We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this will work with Great Plains? Thanks "Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2577601c46074$70786df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this >...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

What is the reference for eConnect PM_Apply_Ex
Hi, Good day. Currently my client need to use eConnect for the Auto Apply function. This scipt/function is called "PM_Apply_Ex". It use in Payable Management module. However, I do not know where is the base from. May I know which DLL that I suppose to add in to my eConnect project in order to use this functions. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks. :) ThaiKen, this is an easy one however not the reply you are looking for. There is no dll that you can reference for this. The function you describe is a dexterity based script and can be accessed only from Dexterity. GP...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

eConnect error -
I want to use eConnect for the purpose of inserting Orders into Great Plains via a storefront application, but I am running into a couple of issues. I am new to eConnect and had some difficulties installing the eConnect .Net Incoming Service, but was finally able to install it. I tried using the "CSharp eConnect Sales Order Example" article from MSDN to see if I could properly insert a simple order into the TWO database. I read and looked through several of the posts, but I can't find a solution to the error that I am receiving. When ever I call eConnect_EntryPoint in the ...

eConnect and
When trying to call the eConnect routine ('‘taPopEnterMatchInvLine’') to populate a POP Shipment\Invoice I get the following error: '4850 Item Number/Vendor Item number is not assigned to the Vendor' I have resorted to manually populating the IV00103 table - but this does not help and I still get the same error as above. Any ideas of what else I could look for to try resolve? P.S. Is the ‘taPopEnterMatchInvLine’ routine the right routine to populate a shipment\invoice or should I be using a different one? If so which one? Thank you Neil Hi Neil, To populate the Shipmen...

Anyone can resolve this eConnect error?
I am testing eConnect on sample company (Frbrikam, Inc). I use the sample code from the article "eConnect Serialization Example using Visual Basic .NET and ADO .NET" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/gp_econserial.asp I encounter this error, "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions." I thought eConnect will work on sample company (no license needed). If this is the case, how can enable eConnect so the sample code will work? -- Molin Chung @ Dallas, Texas ...

eConnect Issue
Hi All, I am using eConnect to do Bank Transaction Receipt but it's giving me an error message, which is "Connot insert the NULL into colum PERIODID, table TWO.dbo.GL10000; column does not allow NULL". Therefore, I change PERIODID to allow NULL and it creates transaction without any error. However, I am not sure this is correct way or not? because from Microsoft GP database design, it set PERIODID to "Not Allow NULL". Anyone knows how to resolve, please let me know. Appreciations, If the field is set to not allow NULL then you should provide a value for tha...

PM Apply node for eConnect
Create a PM Apply node for eConnect, similar to the functionality in the RM Apply node, but for payables. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=b336a1cc-504a-4cc8...

EConnect
Hello, I am using EConnect in .Net for inserting data into Great Plains 8.0. I am looking out for PA Time Sheet Transaction Schema which contains taPATimeSheetHdrInsert & taPATimeSheetLineInsert. Have you worked on this. I have seen an example for Sales Order it contains for Header and Line for in which its using SOPTransactionType class. But this class is specific to SalesOrder. I need similar functionality for TimeSheet. Can you please let me know which class should I need for this. Or do you have a sample code for the same. Regards, Pramod Pramod, I would use PATimeSheetsType. Y...

eConnect Error #3
I am developing an integration using a tool that sits on top of eConnect. When I try to run the routine I get an error that says "Invalid object name 'DYNAMICS..TA00950'". I do not see this object in the DYNAMICS database and cannot find any information on it anywhere. Does anyone know how it gets created? I have re-installed eConnect 8.0 and still it did not get created. VGrinam ...

starting with eConnect
Hi, I am a newbie to GP and need to build a kind of tool able to exchange data with other systems. As I could read in the Net, eConnect is the most suitable solution for me, but I can't avoid some problems at the beginning :-( 1. I try to learn from examples like: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa973867.aspx. Can't find other examples, especially on how to import a sales order or export invoices which is the problem I need to solve. 2. I have GP 9.0 and eConnect 9.0 installed and can't find stored procedures needed for the example listed above to work. Do I need someth...

Econnect setup
Hi, I am trying to implement econnect at my company. I have installed econnect. Can anyone please send me documentation with screenshots on how they have configured and are using eConnect. Additionally, some sample serialization code is also welcome. My email is jacktundra@hotmail.com Jack Jack Tundra & Steve Kitchen; I've emailed you a Setup document for eConnect; need to know what Seriliazation code you need in VB.Net? "Jack" wrote: > Hi, > > I am trying to implement econnect at my company. I have installed econnect. > > Can anyone please sen...

purchase order enhancements and eConnect?
Does anyone know if you can use eConnect, business portal, or some other product to push approvals on po's into GP for the purchase order enhancements module? We are going to be using this module, and we don't want to require the approvers in the field to have to sign into GP to do the approvals? Thanks, ...

eConnect How to Specify the Company Database with eConnect Incoming Service
The article from the knowledge base "How to Specify the Company Database with eConnect Incoming Service" states that this can be accomplised by add the following node to the XML document. <eConnectProcessInfo> <ConnectionString>data source=SERVERNAMER;initial catalog=SQLDATABASE;integrated security=SSPI;persist security info=False</ConnectionString> </eConnectProcessInfo</eConnectProcessInfo> The question is how do you get the eConnectProcessInfo into the XML document programmatically like the example I use below. Thanks grs // eConnectType cla...

upgrading eConnect?
Hello: We have a Great Plains 8.0 client, and we are upgrading this client next week to GP 10.0. They have eConnect. Is there a such thing as "upgrading" eConnect? If so, could someone please send to me a link for any documentation that would discuss doing so? Thanks! childofthe1980s >From the 10.0 Upgrade Guide - "If you are upgrading eConnect, all components, such as Project Accounting and Analytical Accounting, that were previously installed in Release 8.0 or Release 9.0 must be upgraded to Release 10.0 along with eConnect. The upgrade can fail if you don't u...

eConnect and Modifier?
Does eConnect support importing into fields created using Modifier? We have not yet purchased Modifier and need to know whether this is supported to decide. Our goal is to add several fields to the existing GP forms, specifically AP Payables Transactions, and perform a nightly import of transactions from another SQL database that would include a mix of fields, both built-in to GP and fields we would create with Modifier. Mike: No eConnect does not support things like this, but what you could use are these fields which are in every eConnect node: @I_vUSRDEFND1 char(50) = null, /* &...

econnect doesn't correctly update 1099 amounts
We just found out a very serious problem - the econnect integration program that we installed last yearis not correctly updating 1099 amounts for vendors who should be receiving 1099's. All of the vouchers that were posted via econnect show $0 for 1099 amounts. Has anyone else had this problem? (We are currently using Great Plains v8.0) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow thi...

Regarding eConnect
I like to know whether any possibility is there to make echoing of records in eConnect_Out table based on a data value(not an index field of a table) in a transaction. And as well as I like to hear whether any possibility is there to update a SOP record, by passing limited set of values and making the other values of the entry un-disturbed. Please let me know the details. Thanks in advance. ACE_Shankar: I apologize I do not know the answer to the first questions, but as for the second and updating a SOP Transaction I do know as I have been down this road on both 8.x and 9.x vers...

Credit Note and/or CRN in GP/eConnect
<DISCLAIMER> Complete newbie - please indulge </DISCLAIMER> After the abrupt departure of one of our engineers, I've been strong-armed into supporting a webservice that we've written. Originally we wrote a Customer Management System on SQL Server, which the client later decided to "integrate" into their GP database. So their GP database contains quite a number of custom tables and SPROCS to support our application, which only minimally interfaces with the GP data. However, we were subsequently asked to write a webservice that needed greater access to GP. Unfor...

Can I add a field to an eConnect schema?
I am using eConnect 9.0.2 and trying to enter MiscLog data to GP 9.0.2 I need to be able to add a date to .PAPeriodEndDate in the MiscLogHdr data. In order to load a range of data to Miscellaneous Log Entry with eConnect, I need to be able to add both the "Period Begin"(PAREPDT) and "Period End" (PAPeriodEndDate) dates to the header. Only MiscLogHdr.PAREPDT is currently exposed. Is this something I can do in the VB.NET code or is this a change Microsoft would have to make? *** Microsoft.GreatPlains.eConnect.eConnectException: Error Number = 1030 Stored Procedure ...

Econnect serialize
I am trying to create an item using econnect here is the following code IVItemMasterType itemMaster = new IVItemMasterType(); taUpdateCreateItemRcd item = new taUpdateCreateItemRcd(); item.ITEMNMBR = itemNumber; item.LOCNCODE = locationcode;//"N-NC"; item.PRICMTHD = iPriceMethod; item.ITEMTYPE = 5; item.ITMCLSCD = itemclsd;//"NONSERIAL"; item.ITEMDESC = itemDescription; item.ITMSHNAM = itemDescription; item.ITMGEDSC = "test";//itemDescription.Substring(0,10); item.USCATVLS_5 = DateTime.Now.ToShortDateString(); if (Ext...

Newbie and eConnect
Hi All, i am trying to decide if eConnect (8.0) is the right tool for me, i was hoping someone could help. basically i am replacing existing code that i have developed in favor of eConnect. i have reviewed the documentation/help and noticed that i can insert transactions into the General Legder (GL) but NOT to the Checkbook tables (CM). at certain times i will need to be able insert records into the CM20100, CM20300, CM20400 tables. does eConnect, or related tool, support this? thanks, Kunkel Try to check Integration manager. It might have what you need. Terry "Kunkel" w...

where can I download eConnect 8 for trial
I don't have CustomerSource account, can I download it somewhere? I believe you will need to get it from a partner. "ray" <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73C34511-B116-4EF8-A2F0-8FCA60FDF285@microsoft.com... >I don't have CustomerSource account, can I download it somewhere? It's available in MSDN Subscription. Cheers AM "ray" <ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:73C34511-B116-4EF8-A2F0-8FCA60FDF285@microsoft.com... > I don't have CustomerSource account, can I download it somewhere? I woul...