eConnect Web Services

Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding using eConnect’s web
services or if you can, provide examples?

Thank you!
Jay

eConnect and Web Services are related, but not the same. Web Services uses
eConnect as its foundation.

You can use this link to learn about both:

http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics/bb491085.aspx

Look for the links toward the bottom of the page.

"scuttlebuttin" wrote:

> Can anyone point me in the right direction regarding using eConnect’s web
> services or if you can, provide examples?
>
> Thank you!
> Jay

Retrieving consecutive pages in web query What's wrong here?
Hello How come I keep always getting the same 100 items instead of the next 100? I wrote this code , of which I do not understand every line but something similar worked in other queries. Could you help? I'd be very gratefull. Herman Sub Macro5() Dim i As Integer For i = 0 To 3 With ActiveSheet.QueryTables.Add(Connection:= _ "URL;http://www.iec-iab.be/nl/diensten/zoeken/Pages/ Zoeken.aspx?all=true&page=i+1&count=100&ext=on&intern=on" _ , Destination:=Range("$A$1").Offset(i * 103, 0)) .Name = "Zoeken.aspx...

Remote Access to Web Client???
What options are available for practicle remote access to the web client, other than terminal services? Rich, install a certificate on your crm website (via IIS) Access the website through https://crmserver:5555 HTH Frederic - Travi@ta www.microsoft.dynamics-crm.eu Rich schreef: > What options are available for practicle remote access to the web client, > other than terminal services? Does using SSL that way stop the option to use CRM from Outlook client? Or have they fixed that? LDB "Frederic @ Traviata" wrote: > Rich, > > install a certificate on yo...

Any tools to check any web site is secured or not?
There are two general indications of a secured web page, but I found none for www.i-access.com, but customer service representative mention they used other tools for security, so you would not see following two general indications and tell me feel safe to trade online. They get no proofs on any security for online trading, can you trust them? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to check whether this web site would encrypt transition data or not? Thanks for any suggestions John 1) Check the web page URL Normally, when browsing the web, the URLs (web page addresses) begin...

Published spreedsheet as web page BUT I can't see it over the Internet
Published page from Excel 2000 as html with spreadsheet functionality. My server (W2K server) is up to date with Service packs, patches and updates. The system I'm attempting to view the page from is also up to date. (W2K Pro) I can view WebPages being hosted by the server. (ASP and standard html) Just not Microsoft office generated pages. Both systems have the latest MDAC upgrade. Ideas are more than appreciated!!! Dave ...

Getting valid web searches and avoiding sites that contaminate web searches
Getting valid web searches and avoiding use of "Forums" that contaminate Google web searches by including newsgroups postings. Newsgroups postings can be searched using Google Groups, and such postings should NOT show up on a typical web search. For more information on (Excel) Newsgroups see http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/xlnews.htm WEB SEARCHES: Using a Google web search is about the usual way you can get to web sites with Excel information. There are other search engines available but Google is the most popular, and probably still has the most links. The problem ...

eConnect Certification
Is any certification exam available for eConnect? Please reply. Thanks, Karpagavalli. ...

Web query cannot find URL. Why?
I am unable to get to square one with a web query. When I enter nces.ed.gov (a legitimate URL) in Field 1 of the "new Web Query" dialog window, I get an error message that says, "The address of this site is not correct. CHeck the address and try again." Yes, it is the correct address. Why do I get this error. I can open IE to the URL with no problems. How do "Internet Connections" in IE 6.0/Tools/Internet Options/Connections have to be set up for web queries to work? Is this what the problem is? THank you. John Wirt I just tested this using nces.ed.gov...

eConnect
Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does not wotk with other applications for data integration. Is there any other integration tools that we can use that will work not only with Great Plains but with other applications as well? We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this will work with Great Plains? Thanks "Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2577601c46074$70786df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this >...

what is a e-mail web exchange server
When I try to start my Outlook it advises it does not find my exchange server. I use Hotmail. What is the exchange server. Exchange Server is the name of the corporate email server product that complements Outlook. It seems someone has configured an email account in Outlook for Exchange Server. What does it show in your account settings? "larpitts" <larpitts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65C2C501-78C3-488E-B94E-A2581E23518D@microsoft.com... > When I try to start my Outlook it advises it does not find my exchange > server. I use Hotmail. What...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

redundant Internet mail service on 2 different servers
HI. I need to setup an ims on 2 different exchange servers. When one IMS is down, ie service is stopped, i want the 2nd ims to pickup mail and deliver. is there a certain configuration to make this happen? Should the cost within the address space be the same? Right now, when the IMS on one server stops the other one is not picking up. My understanding is that this is to be expected, because the IMS is not a true connector like an X.400 connector, but rather an EDK gateway. As a result, the MTA always sees the IMS as 'up' or available and will consequently try to route message...

What is the reference for eConnect PM_Apply_Ex
Hi, Good day. Currently my client need to use eConnect for the Auto Apply function. This scipt/function is called "PM_Apply_Ex". It use in Payable Management module. However, I do not know where is the base from. May I know which DLL that I suppose to add in to my eConnect project in order to use this functions. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks. :) ThaiKen, this is an easy one however not the reply you are looking for. There is no dll that you can reference for this. The function you describe is a dexterity based script and can be accessed only from Dexterity. GP...

Adding ASP web page to CRM
My target is to add a button in CRM to open ASP page. I started with a simple one without using CrmSdk service. I've created a simple ASP .NET Web Application Project in Visual Studio and works well. Then I copied the whole folder to the CRM server and use Virtual directory to integrate to CRM. By adding code to .ISV.config, I've created a button to open the asp file, say "test.aspx". Error occurs here. Do I missed some steps? can anyone please help. Thanks a lot. Error when loading the asp page: ================================================================ Configu...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

Service Call
We frequently have the need to move an item which is on a Service Call to a different ticket. Most of the time, these were put on a PO. Current functionality does not allow the part to be moved to a different Call without cancelling the PO and then re-creating it - not a good/reasonable solution. At a minimum, there should be a utility/button to remove the PO reference from the parts line thereby allowing the part to be deleted/moved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, cl...

MS outlook web access question
Hi MS outlook web access question ************************************** I have MS Outlook Web Access. I can only do plain text emails. I am sure it is the latest version of MS Outlook Web Access as it is from the alarge company. The sys admin/ IT person at this company did not have an answer for me. I do not seem to find an editor to highlight words in yellow, or make certain words in BOLD or change the size of the fonts etc. Is this feature available in MS Ouloook Web Access? and how do I turn it on? Please let me know. Thanks, Ayesha Greene It depends which version of Exchang...

eConnect error -
I want to use eConnect for the purpose of inserting Orders into Great Plains via a storefront application, but I am running into a couple of issues. I am new to eConnect and had some difficulties installing the eConnect .Net Incoming Service, but was finally able to install it. I tried using the "CSharp eConnect Sales Order Example" article from MSDN to see if I could properly insert a simple order into the TWO database. I read and looked through several of the posts, but I can't find a solution to the error that I am receiving. When ever I call eConnect_EntryPoint in the ...

windows service with ui
How could I make a windows service that has a user interface like window? And I have a Doc/View MFC program, could I transform it to a windows service? Please help me, thanks everybody. "liangxj" <liangxj1982@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e8uVnbU9FHA.3760@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > How could I make a windows service that has a user interface like window? > > And I have a Doc/View MFC program, could I transform it to a windows > service? Typically you don't. Typically the service has no GUI, and the GUI is a separate application which communicates with ...

How to re-create organization_name_mscrm for Reporting Services?
Dear All, I encountered a problem related to reporting services, the scenario as following: - Existing environment: - 1. Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0 (patched with roll up v2) 2. Microsoft SQL 2000 Standard Edition (updated with SP4) 3. Microsoft SQL 2000 Reporting Services (patched with SP2) Few months ago, the CRM reports was encountered an error "The CRMLocale is null..." when opened. However, this issue been resolved without know how. After CRM reports has resotred, I'd upload new custom report to CRM, but no data is display in new custom report. Then, I go to Report Man...

Service Items
Hello Everybody, and Happy New Year. We have a lot of items in our inventory which we setup as type "Services" so as not to have to track usage - items like thread and boxes. We are considering changing philosophy, and want to start tracking usage/cost on some of these items. I don't think we can switch them directly in Great Plains. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Has anyone tried switching them in SQL directly? What are the consequenses? These items appear on Bills of Material also. What other options are available to me? Any ideas and suggestions are welcome. T...

portal HR self service
Employee is assigned to the payroll admin role. she can log in and see the requests that were submitted to here. She tries to change the ACTION field to APPROVED, but the action field is blank. There are no options to approve or reject. Any thoughts? ...

Microsoft CRM web to lead
Having read more than I few posts on this topic - and still amazed MS does not think this is a needed feature even in MS 4.0 - we tried several offering including C360 and were frustrated, disappointed and unable to make it work. We contacted a firm that had us up and running for under $1000 flat fee in very short order. You may want to take a look at www.c3sd.com. Our site elmilagrobaja.com has a "learn more" registration page that drops right in to CRM 3.0 - all day long. We also have multiple landing pages that code the origin of leads for our different marketing venues... all...

How to copy documents using links from excel to web folder
Hi All, We have a web application containing documents and each document has its own link. An excel sheet is having all document names and their links as separate columns. Now, the requirement is to copy all the documents using their links from excel to a particular folder in the web application. I would like to know what all are the possible solutions of this requirement? Or if there is any script available to do this, it would be great. Many Thanks, Atiya. Guys, Can anyone help me with this please? Thanks, Atiya. "Naaz" wrote: > Hi All, > ...

Anyone can resolve this eConnect error?
I am testing eConnect on sample company (Frbrikam, Inc). I use the sample code from the article "eConnect Serialization Example using Visual Basic .NET and ADO .NET" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/gp_econserial.asp I encounter this error, "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions." I thought eConnect will work on sample company (no license needed). If this is the case, how can enable eConnect so the sample code will work? -- Molin Chung @ Dallas, Texas ...

Sites and Services Questions
Bringing up AD in our remote plants and I want to make sure I understand the Subnet portion. Is it as simple as entering the IP and Subnet mask we user per location? Once I create sites and associate subnets to the site do I need to also associate a subnet with the main site (default)? You need to have a Site, Site Link and Subnet. You need to assign subnet to your local site. Not the main site. Site link is between your main site and remote site. You can read more info here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc787284(WS.10).aspx -- Santhosh Sivarajan...