eConnect - User Defined Fields in XML

What are the user defined fields for developers in the eConnect XML schemas
used for?

--
Cindy
0

Cindy:

Developers will typically populate these fields with data/values that they
later use to populate their own custom tables (via a pre or post procedure).
You would put a value say in the first user defined field and if the value is
1 then in a pre or post procedure they call their own custom stored procedure
and if the value is 0 then they do not call their own customer stored
procedure.

That is probably the most common way people use these fields.

Hope that helps some,

JG

"Cindy" wrote:

> What are the user defined fields for developers in the eConnect XML schemas
> used for?
>
> --
> Cindy
0
jg (155)
10/6/2006 4:03:03 PM
thanks

--
Cindy

"JG" wrote:

> Cindy:
>
> Developers will typically populate these fields with data/values that they
> later use to populate their own custom tables (via a pre or post procedure).
> You would put a value say in the first user defined field and if the value is
> 1 then in a pre or post procedure they call their own custom stored procedure
> and if the value is 0 then they do not call their own customer stored
> procedure.
>
> That is probably the most common way people use these fields.
>
> Hope that helps some,
>
> JG
>
> "Cindy" wrote:
>
> > What are the user defined fields for developers in the eConnect XML schemas
> > used for?
> >
> > --
> > Cindy
0
Cindy1 (94)

OL 2003 Notes text field
Just curious...is there a limit to the amount of data one can enter into the general text notes field in an OL2003 Contact record? Not sure but I have been told 999 characters (including spaces) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Bob Igel asked: | Just curious...is there a limit to the amount of data one can enter | into the general text notes field in an OL2003 Contact record? ...

eConnect Certification
Is any certification exam available for eConnect? Please reply. Thanks, Karpagavalli. ...

Duplicate certain fields to new record then drop selection
Hi, how do I set up a command button to copy selected fields in the record I am in and paste them into a new record. I do not want to duplicate the full record just certain fields. When the fields have been added to the new record they must be cleared so that the next time a new record is added it doesn't paste in the selected fields again. Any help with this one would be very much appreciated. Bob Does this link help at all? How to fill a record with data from a previous record automatically in Access 2000 and 2002 and Office Access 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=210236 ...

Skipping over a field
I have a form that has fields that auto populate with date, id, etc. What could I do so that when the processor opens the form it skips over those fields and goes to the fields that are not autopopulated? This would save them some key strokes when opening the forms. Thank you and Happy Thanksgiving LG, If you never need to edit any of those auto generated values, just set each control's... Enabled = No Locked = Yes TabStop = No You could leave those controls in the Tab Order you have now... and just let them be skipped over by the TabStop=No...

eConnect
Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does not wotk with other applications for data integration. Is there any other integration tools that we can use that will work not only with Great Plains but with other applications as well? We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this will work with Great Plains? Thanks "Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2577601c46074$70786df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this >...

how to define range names
how do name cells so that I can see what the formula is calculating? Such as A1 * B1 = Final Price where A1 is price and B1 is discount so it reads in the final price cell as price * discount thanks in advance, A One quick way is to use the namebox (the droplist box just to the left of the "=" sign) In Sheet1, say: Select A1, then click inside the namebox, and type the name: price, then press ENTER Repeat to name cell B1 as: discount Then we could put in say C1: = price*discount The other (pe...

xml with inline xsl schema validation fails
Hi, I have an xml file with inline xsl when i try to validate with the schema it is throuing lot of errors is there any way to do this if i remove xsl and validate, it is woring fine Thanks madhumadala@gmail.com wrote: > I have an xml file with inline xsl when i try to validate with the > schema it is throuing lot of errors So you have one XML document which contains an XSLT stylesheet inline and you have an XSD schema document? Does the schema allow for the inline stylesheet? -- Martin Honnen --- MVP XML http://JavaScript.FAQTs.com/ ...

Validating two fields
I am trying to create a database in which some of the fields should be mandatory only under certain conditions. For example: In my "Type of Injury" column, I want the user to be required to enter a value in this column, only if the value in the "Type of Document" column is "Nursing Report". Is this possible? I am only just beginning to teach myself Access, so please bear with me. Thank you. Put a validation rule on the *table* (not field.) 2nd example under the the Validation Rules for Tables section here: http://allenbrowne.com/Validati...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

Look up in "Send To" field...
How do you enable the "Send To" field to do automatic lookup in your contacts? One of our employees says his home version of Outlook (outlook 2000) will not display the selection box when you enter a name that has mutliple contacts. I can;t be bothered looking into this non-work related issue because it works fine here. Thanks, brad ...

money field on a Case problem
On 2 installations I'm getting the following error on a newly added money field: ERROR: A currency is required if a value exists in a money field. Select a currency and try again I checked the currency. Nothing wrong there. Money fields are working on other entities. Anyone seen this before, Is this a known Bug? Regards Patrick ...

What is the reference for eConnect PM_Apply_Ex
Hi, Good day. Currently my client need to use eConnect for the Auto Apply function. This scipt/function is called "PM_Apply_Ex". It use in Payable Management module. However, I do not know where is the base from. May I know which DLL that I suppose to add in to my eConnect project in order to use this functions. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks. :) ThaiKen, this is an easy one however not the reply you are looking for. There is no dll that you can reference for this. The function you describe is a dexterity based script and can be accessed only from Dexterity. GP...

Change default value of From: field
Hey all, Is there a registry hack or something similar that can make my default 'from' address something other than my primary address? I can easily type the alternate address in for every email but that's a huge pain. Any help is much appreciated. What type of email account? If IMAP or POP3, no hack needed - change it on the Account settings dialog. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.o...

having one field display when another field changes
I have a field CHSTAT that updates in the original database I want a new field that will display something different as the CHSTAT updates and changes ie. CHSTAT = "10" new field = "Printed"......CHSTAT = 20 new field= "Located" Cheers!! In tables and fields you should have a table that has a field that has the CHSTAT values and a field that has the equivalent text values. Then you join that table to the current table in a query on the CHSTAT values. If you want to do this on a form, you could use a combobox to select the values. The source ...

duplicates data across 3 fields
How can i find duplicate data across 3 fields. Thanks in advance. gil_wilkes wrote: > How can i find duplicate data across 3 fields. > > Thanks in advance. Create a grouping (totals) query that groups by the three fields, then limit the results to those where count(*)>1. The sql would look lkie this: select field1,field2,field3,count(*) as RecsPerGroup from tablename group by field1,field2,field3 having count(*) > 1 Create a new query in design view, close the Choose Tables dialog without selecting a table, immediately switch your query to SQL View (toolba...

GAL fields
Exchange 2003. How to change the display columns of the GAL in user outlook 2003 ? ...

XML Serialisation problem
Hi, We are serializing objects to an xmlfile that is validated against a schema. For this schema the elements are serialized in the wrong sequence. Does anyone know how I can let the serializer sequence the object members in the order required by the schema? thx Patrick De block These threads might help: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=ucB6uaVcCHA.2532%40tkmsftngp09 http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=%234BfF5VzCHA.2232%40TK2MSFTNGP09 (Complete thread) "Patrick De Block" <patrick.de.block@pandora.be> wrote in messag...

Field Service V2.0
I know that there probably isn't a lot of solid info avail about feature set for V2.0 but I have seen a number of references to planned addition of some type of Field Service functionality. My question is.... Does anybody have any insight or thoughts as to whether or not the ability to schedule/dispatch techs and the ability to generate invoicing for field service calls will be included? There is something referred to as Service Scheduling in the latest information that I have seen. "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1102972818.458191.150090@z14...

Email Field Requirements
Is there a way to remove email field requirements / validation. Some of our clients are fax reciepients only and we were able to send faxes using [fax: @2125551212] in the email field but CRM requires @something.com. Thanks, Joe ...

Return only the numbers contained in a field
Hello, I would like some help please building a query that will return the numbers only contained in a field: Table "PurchaseOrder" has a "Memo" field that usually has the following data: "Sales Order 7540:" or "Sales Order 34:". How can I create a query that will show me all the Sales Orders and their linked Purchase Orders (PurchaseOrder.RefNumber) where the SalesOrder.RefNumber equals only the numbers in PurchaseOrder.Memo field? Thanks in advance, Brett Welllll. You can but it might not be pretty, accurate, or fast. Actually I'd expect ugly...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

eConnect error -
I want to use eConnect for the purpose of inserting Orders into Great Plains via a storefront application, but I am running into a couple of issues. I am new to eConnect and had some difficulties installing the eConnect .Net Incoming Service, but was finally able to install it. I tried using the "CSharp eConnect Sales Order Example" article from MSDN to see if I could properly insert a simple order into the TWO database. I read and looked through several of the posts, but I can't find a solution to the error that I am receiving. When ever I call eConnect_EntryPoint in the ...

Anyone can resolve this eConnect error?
I am testing eConnect on sample company (Frbrikam, Inc). I use the sample code from the article "eConnect Serialization Example using Visual Basic .NET and ADO .NET" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmbsgp/html/gp_econserial.asp I encounter this error, "The partner transaction manager has disabled its support for remote/network transactions." I thought eConnect will work on sample company (no license needed). If this is the case, how can enable eConnect so the sample code will work? -- Molin Chung @ Dallas, Texas ...

eConnect and
When trying to call the eConnect routine ('‘taPopEnterMatchInvLine’') to populate a POP Shipment\Invoice I get the following error: '4850 Item Number/Vendor Item number is not assigned to the Vendor' I have resorted to manually populating the IV00103 table - but this does not help and I still get the same error as above. Any ideas of what else I could look for to try resolve? P.S. Is the ‘taPopEnterMatchInvLine’ routine the right routine to populate a shipment\invoice or should I be using a different one? If so which one? Thank you Neil Hi Neil, To populate the Shipmen...

Retrieving tooltiptext values from an xml file
Hi All, I am working with an asp.net application. My client wants the tooltiptext for the controls to be displayed from an xml file. Creating an Xml file is not a problem. How can I proceed further to retrieve the values from the Xml file and assign them to the tooltiptext property of the web controls ? Please give me a solution to accomplish this task with minimum code. Thanks in advance. Regards, S.Ramalingam Ram wrote: > Hi All, > > I am working with an asp.net application. My client wants the > tooltiptext for the controls to be displayed from an xml file. Cr...