eConnect - SOP10100 table

When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I could notice "FLAGS"
field in SOP10100 is populated with 0(zero).

But when an entry is made directly in GP, it is updated with "2".

Can any one say me what these value mean? And how to solve this?

Thanks in advance.

0
ACEShankar (98)

ACE_Shankar:

I tested that and get a 0 written to the table - I also checked and they
hard code to a 0 and not a 2.  I don't exactly know what the different values
mean, but when I x-ferred or posted, etc it didn't seem to matter what the
value is.  I guess if you want to override it for whatever reason you could
simply go into the taSOPLineIVCInsertPost procedure and simply update the
SOP10200 and set the Flags equal to a 2 where the SOP Number, Item Number and
SOP Type are equal to what you passed in.  I guess it doesn't really matter
since it didn't seem to affect anything I did to a passed in document via
eConnect vs. one I keyed in.  However if you want it set to a 2 then I guess
you will have to use the post procedure since they hard code the value to a 0
on their insert.

I guess you could also do this - in one of the 5 developer fields they give
you - you could pass in a value of 2.  Those fields are:

@I_vUSRDEFND1 char(50) = '',		/* User Defined field - developer use
only										*/
@I_vUSRDEFND2 char(50) = '',		/* User Defined field - developer use
only										*/
@I_vUSRDEFND3 char(50) = '',		/* User Defined field - developer use
only										*/
@I_vUSRDEFND4 varchar(8000) = '',	/* User Defined field - developer use
only										*/
@I_vUSRDEFND5 varchar(8000) = '',	/* User Defined field - developer use
only										*/

Then in the post procedure you could simply update the SOP10200 and set the
Flags value to this field up above that you passed the 2 into.

Either way should work if you really want to change the value.

Good luck,

JG

"ACE_Shankar" wrote:

> When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I could notice "FLAGS"
> field in SOP10100 is populated with 0(zero).
>
> But when an entry is made directly in GP, it is updated with "2".
>
> Can any one say me what these value mean? And how to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
jg (155)
6/1/2006 2:47:01 PM
In GP The Flags field in SOP10100 (SOP_HDR_WORK) is used to determine if the
address attributes on the header have been modified.  It will also be used to
determine if the header’s comment text has been modified or to track whether
the picking ticket or packing slip have been printed.  The first four
positions of the integer will be used.  The first position is to flag the
Address Attribute as modified.  The second position will be used to flag the
comment text as modified.  The third position will be used to indicate the
packing slip has been printed.  The fourth position will be used to indicate
the picking ticket has been printed.
	1 = SOPFLAGS_ADDREDITED
	2 = SOPFLAGS_COMMENTEDITED
	3 = SOPFLAGS_PACKINGSLIPPRINTED
	4 = SOPFLAGS_PICKINGTICKETPRINTED

It is done using a bit set operation so if you look at the value it the
table, it would be 1,2,4,8 respectively.  And it can be set for more than one
bit so if the comment was edited and the picking ticket was printed, both the
second and fourth bits would be set and the value in the table would reflect
10.

It is possible that eConnect cannot tell if the commet has been edited, but
I am just guessing as to why they are not setting it correctly.

--
Marge Swanson
Software Development Engineer

"ACE_Shankar" wrote:

> When I tried passing an SOP entry through eConnect, I could notice "FLAGS"
> field in SOP10100 is populated with 0(zero).
>
> But when an entry is made directly in GP, it is updated with "2".
>
> Can any one say me what these value mean? And how to solve this?
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
mswanso (30)

Pivot Table
Can you please tell me if it is possible in Excel 2000 to uncheck or de-select all items in the row field. The reason being is that when a row field has 100s of items and you only want to select a few of these items - it is very time consuming to manually go through and uncheck all the ones that you don't want. Excel by default has them all checked/ticked - and I would like to be able to unchceck or de-select them all and then just select the one or two that I want. Is that possible? -- DD1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ DD1's Profile: http...

Create Excel Pivot tables from MS Access
How can I create Excel Pivot tables from MS Access ? Thanks a lot in advance. Have you tried creating a crosstab query? That may do what you want. If you want to control Excel, while inside Access, try this sub: Option Compare Database Option Explicit ' Use this to make sure your variables are defined ' One way to be able to use these objects throughout the Module is to Declare them here, and not in a Sub Private objExcel As Excel.Application Private xlWB As Excel.Workbook Private xlWS As Excel.Worksheet Sub Rep() Dim strFile As String strFile = "C:\MyEx...

Data tables and VLOOKUP
Hi, I have a master list of raw stock returns where rows are individual companies and columns are months (as in jan 73, feb 7, mar 73...). I need to extract out at the start of each month, according to a certain criteria, the monthly returns (on the master list) for the next few years. So, I created separate worksheets at the start of each month and used the VLOOKUP function to extract the returns (from the master list) for the first month. And then used the data table function to find the monthly returns for the next few years. My problem is: In my master list, some companies are '...

Tables
Hello all we need the tables where posted data from the Transaction>Financial>Batches posting end up. Trying to tie into some 3rd party vendor stuff and taking a look see.. Many thanx Year-to-Date Transaction Open GL_YTD_TRX_OPEN GL20000 Account Transaction History GL_Account_TRX_HIST GL30000 Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your GPtip42today at www.gp2themax.blogspot.com is there a way to find out per Batch or is that just a temp. thing. We have to do it by posting as they need information posted weekly to the 3rd pa...

table #4
In Excel 2002 I have the following table; Column G Column H Row 33 30 $1.05 Row 34 45 $1.00 Row 35 60 $0.95 Row 36 90 $0.85 Row 37 120 $0.79 What I want to do with this is if the value in I5 is 1-30 I want the value from H33 put in J5, if the value in I5 is 31-45 I want the value in J5 to be H34, if the value in I5 is 45-60 I want the value in J5 to be H35, if the value in I5 is 61-90 I want the value in J5 to be H36, and if the value in I5 is ...

eConnect Certification
Is any certification exam available for eConnect? Please reply. Thanks, Karpagavalli. ...

eConnect
Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does not wotk with other applications for data integration. Is there any other integration tools that we can use that will work not only with Great Plains but with other applications as well? We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this will work with Great Plains? Thanks "Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2577601c46074$70786df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this >...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

How to preserve conditional formatting on a web query table result
I have an external database that Excel queries and returns two columns of dates. I can set up a conditional format (in one colum) so that the dates in each row of the column change colour if the corresponding columns date is different. My problem is how to COPY and PASTE the conditional formatting across all dates in the one column (so that each cell looks at the date in the corresponding cell next to it)? Any ideas or suggestions? You can just use the format painter to copy and paste formats -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Simon L" <Simon L@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Pivot Table
I have data on an excel worksheet which includes several columns of long text data. When I create a pivot table, the text is truncated. How do I stop the truncation of text data in pivot table? Thanks The character limit in a pivot table cell is 255, and as far as I know, there's no way to change this setting. wk choy wrote: > I have data on an excel worksheet which includes several > columns of long text data. When I create a pivot table, > the text is truncated. > > How do I stop the truncation of text data in pivot table? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleis...

Change data source for pivot table
Hi, I've created a pivot table on Access database that I 'sent data to Excel'. Everything look great, but then I realised some of cells in the source table were missing! So I have updated this nad thougth I can right-click on pivot table, select wizard, clik arrow back and then change the source. To my surprise, I have seen the old Access table (without relevant cells) and I could not change or update it. Of course I may produce a new table with a new data selection and this works great, but I do prefer updating formatted pivot table already - otherwise I'll have lots of manu...

Problem Adding Records To Child Table
I have two tables: table A (parent) and table B (child) which have a one-to-many relationship. Fields A.1 and B.1 are both the primary key fields of tables A and B, and each is an autonumber field. Field B.2 is the foreign key field which links to field A.1. I have a query with SQL as follows: SELECT B.*, A.1, A.2 FROM B INNER JOIN A ON B.2 = A.1 ORDER BY B.1 When I open the query and go to the new record, I enter in B.2 the value for A.1 for one of the existing A records. The new record is added in the B table. No problem. However, when I base a form on the above SQL and then try to add a...

Table Structure
Hello all just wondering .. We installed / upgraded our great plains to 8 service pack 3 and I was wondering where I could get the table structure information? TIA Go to the last page of the sp3 installation guide. It tells you to get the changes from sp2, which you can download, of the SDK. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brian" wrote: > Hello all just wondering .. We installed / upgraded our great plains to > 8 service pack 3 and I was wondering where I could get the table > structure information? TIA > Hi Refer below thread http://support.microsoft.com/newsgr...

Collect and update via email with a Table/spreadsheet
Hello, I would like to use the "Collect and update via email" function within MS Access which sends out and collects emails with MS InfoPath. I know how to use this function, but what I would like to do is something slightly different. Instead of emailing out a "form" that has the customer and then all information below to be filled out, I want to send out an Excel/Access table instead. The reason for this is because each email will contain 50+ subjects to fill out, each with 5+ items to fill out per subject. If I were to use the standard form, the person rec...

Pivot tables and drop-down lists
I want to create a pivot table that summarizes expences in different categories. To do this I use a drop-down list containing these categories, something like this: category expence amount fun beer 10 fun trip to the movies 20 insurance life insurance 40 ... In the case of creating a pivot table summarizing over the categories how do i include unused categories? Thank you ! -- lorentzen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ lorentzen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Pivot Table
I am producing a pivot table with prices in £'s and $'s but unable to get the currency symbol to display. Is this possible? -- Please help! EXCEL 2007 Yes. I have just tested this. Set up Pivot Table to be half in dollars and half in pounds. Saved file and closed it. Re-opened file. Pivot Table was still formatted half in dollars and half in pounds. I formatted in the, "normal" way:- - highlighed those cells I wished to format - Home group / Font / clicked on arrow in lower right hand corner / Format Cells launched / Number...

Update Data in one table based on matching field in another table
I have 2 tables that both include ID numbers. Table 1 has payment data for each record, which I would like to add to table 2, but the data being updated in table 2 needs to match by ID number. example: table 1 ID Payment G67 45.00 F56 55.00 table 2 ID CltName Payment G67 Joe would like this to be 45.00 F56 Jane would like this to be 55.00 I do not need to do this with a Payment field already in table 2. It could be a query which I then make into a new t...

Input cell on Data Table will not work
I have re-created the example from Microsoft Excel Help from "Creating a one variable data table", and when I select "Data Table" then select "Column input cell" I select the cell specified in the example. I receive the message "Input cell reference is not valid" The same thing happens when I try to replicate the two variable data table from Microsoft Help. Note that you have to select a "single rectangle that is more than one row high and one column wide" Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Sarah Bee" wrote: > I have re-created the ex...

Counting In Pivot Tables (=count)
I'm trying to count individual numbers in a pivot table, for example... I have this... A1=1 A2=1 A3=5 A4=6 A5=7 With the "=count" function I'm getting the answer "5" because there are 5 different cells with information on them, I need to get the answer "4" because I have four different numbers. I need excel to count A1 and A2 as 1 because it's the same number. Hi, there is no count distinct option in Excel Pivot tables. You can use the following formula in the spreadsheet and reference the pivot table you can use the array formula: =SUM(1/COU...

Update multiselect field in table with code
Access 2007 under Vista Using a form to select variables for a report. One of the fields is a multi-value field in the underlying table. Have determined that following the selection of required items from the multi-select combo box and the clicking of the OK button, the underlying table is not immediately updated. The table is however properly update once the form is closed. This does not meet my purposes for the report generation, as exiting the form and returning is not a reasonable approach. I would like to use the After Update event from the multi-select combo box to ac...

multiple validation rules in tables?
How many validation rules are allowed in a table and how to separate each of them? Moreover can this be used [lname]<>[fname]? Thanks >>How many validation rules are allowed in a table and how to separate each of them? Separate them with an 'OR' like this - >15 AND <20 OR Between 5 AND 9 Moreover can this be used [lname]<>[fname]? Did you try it? Why not try it? Validation is placed on a field in the table so if you are validating field [lname] you would enter <>[fname] in the validation properties of the field. -- KARL DEWEY Build a ...

Pivot Table questions #2
I have several questions about a pivot table I am constructing. 1. Is there a way to have a column reference a cell with data instead of using the drop downs? example - first column in table is part number, instead of using the drop down to search for parts is it possible to reference cell A1 where a part number would be typed by the user. 2. Is there a way to lock a table so the columns can not be added or removed? 3. I do not have anything in the data items or column fields sections, is there a way to remove these sections? Thanks 1) Only if you want to get into coding the...

What is the reference for eConnect PM_Apply_Ex
Hi, Good day. Currently my client need to use eConnect for the Auto Apply function. This scipt/function is called "PM_Apply_Ex". It use in Payable Management module. However, I do not know where is the base from. May I know which DLL that I suppose to add in to my eConnect project in order to use this functions. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks. :) ThaiKen, this is an easy one however not the reply you are looking for. There is no dll that you can reference for this. The function you describe is a dexterity based script and can be accessed only from Dexterity. GP...

Dynamically opening a table
Using VBA, I need to open and read some records of another unrelated table (not related to the present table structure). Can I have some help please? Thanks H. Martins DLookup() might be the simplest way to find a value in a field of another table: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html If you need more than that, use OpenRecordset. Here's an example: http://allenbrowne.com/func-DAO.html#DAORecordsetExample -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org....