eConnect Help

Hello,
    I'm currently trying to evaluate eConnect (7.5.2) for use with my
companies Great Plains database.  I'm using C#.NET to interact with eConnect
and I am having trouble finding good information and examples.  Is there a
place out there that provides more information about how to use eConnect?

Thanks

0
atuggle (28)

Allen-

The eConnect manual is available in the MSDN Library at the following URL

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/eConnect8.0_MSDN/generalinformation.asp?frame=true

-Ryan

This information is provided "AS IS" without warranties, and confers no
rights.

"Allen Tuggle" wrote:

> Hello,
>     I'm currently trying to evaluate eConnect (7.5.2) for use with my
> companies Great Plains database.  I'm using C#.NET to interact with eConnect
> and I am having trouble finding good information and examples.  Is there a
> place out there that provides more information about how to use eConnect?
>
> Thanks

0
rchrist (11)

wmp usage rights and virus's please help!!
Please help I am not very technical but have managed in the past to download tv shows and watch them using vuze and wmp. However now when i try and watch anything, I get a box open up and it says that I have to download media usage rights aquisition. When ever I click on start and download this it just gives me loads of malware and virus's. Mirar, virtumonde and win32.agent. How can I watch these programmes that I have downloaded without getting these. Fortunately spybot sorts them out for me, but I would dearly love to just be able to watch stuff that I have downloaded, a...

Missing row numbers, HELP !!!!
I am looking at a spreadsheet, but there are no row numbers. I have column A,B,C,...... Where are my row numbers ???? Tony, Suppression of Row and Column headers is a single option on my Excel have you dragged a window too far to the left? Can you see the left edge of the current worksheet window, or try t maximise the window? Tony Wrote: > I am looking at a spreadsheet, but there are no row numbers. > I have column A,B,C,...... Where are my row numbers ??? -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http...

CDocument Help
I'm deriving a class from CDocument to put some functionality to be shared. This base class will not be instantiated. It's just used as base for others. I'd like to add a pure virtual function so derived ones have to implement it: class CContactDoc : public CDocument { .... public: virtual void GetDetails() = 0; }; class CAttorneyDoc : public CContactDoc { public: virtual void GetDetails() { ... } }; I get a C2259 (Cannot instantiate abstract class due 'void GetDetails()' : pure virtual function was not defined) in IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE( CCo...

eConnect Certification
Is any certification exam available for eConnect? Please reply. Thanks, Karpagavalli. ...

eConnect
Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does not wotk with other applications for data integration. Is there any other integration tools that we can use that will work not only with Great Plains but with other applications as well? We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this will work with Great Plains? Thanks "Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2577601c46074$70786df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this >...

Macro help please
First I'll say hello. I'm short of time right now, but will be back soon. I do have a problem to solve. I'm trying to write a macro that monitors a cell (W30) and then runs a sub when the value of the cell changes to "1". The sheet will run 24/7, and so should the macro. The value of the sheet will change via DDE link. I've tried macros that detect a cell change in value, but they insist on the (enter) key. Thanks for any help in advance. Gotta run, be back soon. :cool: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.Ex...

Public Folder Problems
I created a PowerPoint presentation, and saved it as an .htm file, which created an .htm version and a sub folder for the various .htm files. When I run this on my PC all is OK. I then dragged and dropped (d&d) all files and the folder structure to an Outlook Public Folder in an Outlook 2000 Corporate or Workgroup, Exchange Server environment. System wouldn't let me d&d the sub folder, so had to create this in Outlook, then d&d files into it. Unfortunately it's all behind the company firewall so I can't point you at it. When I try to open the Public Folder .htm ...

Copying exact formula instead, rather than with usu. Excel's helpful cell adjustments/increments?
Excel's mthod of copying formulas while taking into account new cells is usu. really vital. i.e., a formula in A1 when copy/pasted into B1 automatically copies adjusted for B1, C1 will show C1, etc. Every once in a blue moon, though, we need to copy the exact formula when the information just needs to be replicated exactly in other cells. Is there a special keystroke to do that? Tx. Set the cell references as absolute, e.g. $A$2 instead of A2 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "StargateFan" <IDon'tAcceptSpam@IDon'tAcceptSpam...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

What is the reference for eConnect PM_Apply_Ex
Hi, Good day. Currently my client need to use eConnect for the Auto Apply function. This scipt/function is called "PM_Apply_Ex". It use in Payable Management module. However, I do not know where is the base from. May I know which DLL that I suppose to add in to my eConnect project in order to use this functions. Your help is very much appreciated. Thanks. :) ThaiKen, this is an easy one however not the reply you are looking for. There is no dll that you can reference for this. The function you describe is a dexterity based script and can be accessed only from Dexterity. GP...

removing AD from exch 5.5 server HELP PLEASE
ok one of my DCs blew up. I was informed it was best for me to dcpromo /forceremoval my troubled machine and then dc promo it to get the AD running again. I have no problem doin that with the exception that the machine is running Exchange 5.5. So what im thinking here is the following: idea A --------- 1)dcpromo /forceremoval 2)on reboot, boot it to safemode with networking to prevent the exchange services to boot (or should i just disable them before i reboot it?) 3)dcpromo and make it a replica again? idea B -------- 1) dcpromo /forceremoval 2) on reboot, boot it to safemode with network...

HTML Help files
I'm using MS HTML Help Workshop to write a help file for an XL application that I finished. All goes good through compiling, etc. The TOC and Index work good as long as I view the CHM file through the HTML Help Workshop. The individual data sheets appear as expected. If I double click on the CHM file, however, the help dialog appears but ALL of the data sheets have disappeared. In their place is a blank screen that says: Action canceled Internet Explorer was unable to link to the Web page you requested. The page might be temporarily unavailable. -----------------------...

Point Labeling and Chart Plotting help needed
Well, i'm currently crunching in data for a topgraphic map that is du tommorow I've plotted points on a 2-d X-Y Scatter graph, and I want the graph t label each point with its associated elevation (z value that has column of its own), so it'll be easier for me to draw the contour lines later on. So... Does anybody know how to label a point ?? Secondly, I want the graph to plot the graph such that the grid lin spacing is 5cm... how do I do this?? Lastly, is it possible to draw in contour lines with excel??? Any advice, tips, and/or solutions will be appreciated!! Thanks -- Me...

need help
Hi, I am a beginner in this area. Hope someone find time to help me. I created a MFC dll. In that dll I inserted one resource which is a dialog box and I associated a class CPicDlg with it. In this dialog box a calender and a bitmap is shown. # What I found was even this is a dll , its not exporting anything. So should I explicitly mention the things I want to expose. So what I have done is, I created a new function OpenDialog() and exported it as shown. and in that function I wrote as CPictureApp theApp; So in the constructor of the application class, CPictureApp I tried to initiate , show t...

drop down list help needed
I have as follows: Names Week1 Week2 Week3 Name1 Notice Caution Congrats Name2 Congrats Caution Notice How do I create a drop down list so that only the names who got a Notice in the 1st week show up in that list? Than I need the SAME list to show the names in the 2nd week (maybe different than the 1st week and may not include the same names) that got a notice. I know I need to link depending on week # but that's as far as I can take it. Thanks in advance. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/...

Help! Closing Outlook, Error Pops Up Everytime!
When I hit "Send/Receive" and I finishing reading my mail and close Outlook, I ALWAYS get an error stating that there was a problem. (Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.) And it gives me the chance to check the box that says "Restart Outlook" and then I hit "Don't Send" and Outlook opens right back up. It ONLY does this when I open Outlook, and hit "Send/Receive." I can go in there and look at my Contacts and exit, and I never get that error. Please help! I get this too...

eConnect error
Hello, I have a problem when running an eConnect integration my developpers have written for me. Note that this integration works fine on their test system, and also note that previous versions of this integration (developped with eConnect 9.0, prior to installing hot fix 9.0.2.4) were working fine and still are (somehow proving that my eConnect install is OK). I have installed the hot fix as well, it seemed to install fine, but somehow I have the feeling things stopped working when my developpers started coding with the hot fix. Any idea ? I am getting a bit desperate now... Full error mes...

pfadmin help
I need ot use pfadmin to change a load of permissions on some public folders on a 5.5 server. I've not used pfadmin and having looked around on the net i can't find a good guide to its use, with some example command lines. Can any of you guys point me in the right direction? cheers, Phill "Phill H." <PhillH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need ot use pfadmin to change a load of permissions on some public folders >on a 5.5 server. I've not used pfadmin and having looked around on the net i >can't find a good guide to its use, with some e...

Work Orders Help
I am just converting from QuickSell. We sell items then build them for our customers. They usually come back the next day to pick up the order. We 99% of the time require a deposit to start the build. We have always created a Work Order. We have never used the backorder feature. We would over ride the quantity on hand to 1 even if there were 0 on hand so we could take a deposit on the item backordered. By doing this we were never able to tell what we need to order though because our system then said we had it in stock. Suggestions on better ways to do this would be greatly apprec...

eConnect error -
I want to use eConnect for the purpose of inserting Orders into Great Plains via a storefront application, but I am running into a couple of issues. I am new to eConnect and had some difficulties installing the eConnect .Net Incoming Service, but was finally able to install it. I tried using the "CSharp eConnect Sales Order Example" article from MSDN to see if I could properly insert a simple order into the TWO database. I read and looked through several of the posts, but I can't find a solution to the error that I am receiving. When ever I call eConnect_EntryPoint in the ...

conversion help
Hi, I use a spreadsheet to keep odd on the horses, however the cell that contains the odds is text ie 2-1, 3-1 etc I want to know is there an easy way to display the odds as 2/1 3/1 etc this needs to be done automatically when the data is copied into the spreadsheet via a web querry. any suggestions would be helpful, thanks --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Yellow007, If the 2-1 is in cell B2 then =LEFT(B2,FIND("-",B2,1)-1) & "/" & MID(B2,FIND("-",B2,1)+ 1,LEN(B2)) will do what you ask. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelFor...

help designing query to get results
In my database of employees I have three date/time fields - Agency Start date, Rehire date (a lot of our employees only work part of the year) and Separation Date. If I wanted to show only the employees who have either started, were rehired or separated in a certain time frame, how would I do that? Example: Which employees started or were rehired or separted between july 1 and july 30? -- JoAnn In query design view, enter the date range in the Criteria row under the first date field. Below the Criteria row, you'll see another one marked Or. Enter the same date range...

Help PLease! Third Post Still No Responses
I am using a form subform combo to allow users to edit certain fields in the a table. The problem is when changing from one period to the next and or back again the form assigns a new period number to an old record. This field in the subform is locked for editing by the users. I am not sure what is happening. -- Thanks, Scott Well, I'm not surprised nobody has yet answered - you haven't really given enough information about your tables/fields and your form design. People in this newsgroup are not psychic, and cannot see your database. That said, and in the absence of any d...

Help comes in French
Hi I have installed an English version of the Windows Live Mail client on my English version of Windows 7. When I go to the help function in WLM, it comes up in French. Au secours, I do not want this. je ne sais pas pourquoi. But here is the English version: http://help.live.com/help.aspx?mkt=en-us&project=WL_Mailv3&querytype=&query= "Sloeberke" <Sloeberke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29C570C6-D720-421E-873C-807299B31137@microsoft.com... Hi I have installed an English version of the Windows Live Mail client on my English...

HELP! Split cell contents to new rows
I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do you tell excel to take the cell contents and insert into new rows. Each name is separated by a comma and I need each name to appear in its own row beneath that cell. PLEASE HELP! Copy, paste special-transpose (now in columns). Data - Text to columns. Copy, paste special- transpose back to rows. -- Best Regards, Luke M "nyarce" <nyarce@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9E6CDF2-7A05-4337-B0DD-C88FCFF617B4@microsoft.com... >I know how to split cell contents to columns, but how do yo...