eConnect and Getting Sales Order Confirmation out of Great Plains

Hi.
I am using Biztalk 2004 and eConnect 8.0 to send Sales Orders (ie. trading
partner purchase orders) into Great Plains. This much eConnect make easy.
But the trading partner would like back (within 24hrs) a confirmation indicating
line item status (accepted/rejected/pending). Things get harder at this point.
(Although familiar with Biztalk I am inexperienced with eConnect and Great
Plains.)

I think I need to use the Requester Service. This will setup the indicated
triggers and shadow tables.

After that I might need the outgoing message service to pick up the new/modified
rows from shadow and post XML messages to MSMQ which is still a step away
from Biztalk.

Am I on the right track?
What tables will I need to enable for requestor service?
Is the use of MSMQ necessary? Is there an approach more suited to existing
Biztalk receive adapters?

Thanks,
Dion

Series Posting -Getting Delayed
One of my client is facing a problem while posting the Sales Batch Series, normally every night they post all the Sales Batches and it will take less then 3 hours to finish the process, but last night it took around 18 hours to complete the Process of posting! This problem happened twice so far. So how can I investigate about the problem and how to solve such thing to avoid in future? Regards rkhan@tell.com.sa Rafath, It would help to have some more information. Do they have one huge batch? What kind of transactions are in there and how many? Are these imported? Are there customiz...

eConnect Certification
Is any certification exam available for eConnect? Please reply. Thanks, Karpagavalli. ...

how do i get my product key ?
i just got my laptop, and i need to use microsoft publisher for a project. it keeps asking me for a product key that i do not have. How would i be able to find out what my product key is without having a certificate of authenticity for a refference? only1davie@msn.com wrote: || i just got my laptop, and i need to use microsoft publisher for a || project. it keeps asking me for a product key that i do not have. || How would i be able to find out what my product key is without || having a certificate of authenticity for a refference? You need to contact Microsoft direct for a product. Be s...

How do you get option quotes in MS Money with new symbols
Does anyone know how to get the new symbol option quotes into the Portfolio Manager within MS Money? The symbol format changed on 1/25/2010 from the old format (ex.. Dell february 13 put was .dlyno) which is no longer valid. Go out to MSN Money and loop up the Options chain: http://moneycentral.msn.com/investor/options/default.asp?Symbol=DELL Don't know whether or not those new symbols will work within Money though? -Mark "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F25DEBF-B785-44FE-96D6-75477C8B2164@microsoft.com... > Does anyone ...

Unable to re open a sales opportunity
Hi, I have a problem where an opportunity has been closed incorrectly as lost and I need to re-open it. when I do this I get a message saying "Unable to manually set the sales stage to complete". It then just goes back to the closed status. Any idea's please? thanks Mark you can do that using SQL oppertunityBase and goto the oppertunity with GUID , set value 1 to 0. It will work -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com Chat with me on MSN / Gmail / Skype : ID Is :.. mscrmexpert@gmail.com "MarkInnes" wrote: > Hi, &...

How to get FILEVERSION?
Hello, In the resources of any MFC app, there is a version resource. It usually has a value called FILEVERSION. How to programmatically get that variable? CString.LoadString(FILEVERSION) does not compile. Thanks Ravi Try this http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/versioninfo/article.php/c3823/ AliR. "Ravi J" <RaviJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AB6E3FC3-78D8-4685-91D8-3233378C4A2B@microsoft.com... > Hello, > In the resources of any MFC app, there is a version resource. It usually has > a value called FILEVERSION. > > How to programmatic...

Address verification for mail order
We regularly process out of state orders from customers on the phone. We currently have to run these credit cards outside of RMS through an internet Address Verification Service. Is there a way to do this inside RMS??? Thanks Jessica Jessica, I am with a company that specializes in customizing RMS to be a better fit for individual customers. It sounds like this address verification issue is something that we coudl help you accomplish. If you would like more information please email me at rsakry@rite.us or give us a call at 320-230-2282 Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Inform...

Getting to the Bottom of the Current Page
I want VBA (Word 2007) to go to the bottom of the current and insert a hard page and then insert a table of authorities. The problem is that I can't figure out how to navigate to the bottom of the page. The rest works. Use ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range.Select Selection.Collapse wdCollapseEnd Rather than using the selection however, it will probably be better to use Dim prange and Range Set prange = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\page").Range prange.collapse wdCollapseEnd and then operate on prange. -- Hope this helps. Please r...

Get Rich
Take advantage of a great deal ...

Display one number in a cell even though 2 numbers get pasted into the same cell? #2
Ok. Maybe I didn't explain myself thoroughly. I don't care about the second number. I just want to get rid of th second number in the cell and only keep the first. Can I do this by using Data - Seperate Text into columns? If so, ho do I do this? Any other possible suggestions? DrSues0 -- DrSues0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DrSues02's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1256 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26621 Yep. Select that column of cells. data|text t...

Great Plains email in PDF
Great Plains has an option to send reports via email in a pdf format. This is currently grayed out on my system. How does it get enabled???? Is it the purchase of another module? Or just a few clicks here and there? Thanks for your help. You need Adobe Acrobat Writer 6.0 and the most recent service pack for GP 7.5. "Andy3691" wrote: > Great Plains has an option to send reports via email in a pdf format. This is > currently grayed out on my system. How does it get enabled???? Is it the > purchase of another module? Or just a few clicks here and there? Thanks for ...

How to get textboxes to retain previously entered data?
Hello Community I have a text box that users enter data into. Sometimes the same data gets entered. How can I retain the entries in the textboxes to allow users to select reselect something from a list of those same entries that they entered in the past? Thanks Jeff -- JB On 30-09-2010 06:45 AM, JB wrote: > Hello Community > > I have a text box that users enter data into. Sometimes the same data > gets entered. > > How can I retain the entries in the textboxes to allow users to select > reselect something from a list ...

Getting TEXT under Cursor
Dear Sir/madam, I'd like to retrieve the text under the mouse curser, Please tell me if possible. Regards, What control, what text, is it (text) selected? ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Like Ajay was saying, more info would work alot better in your favor. Anyway, maybe WindowFromPoint(...) or ChildWindowFromPoint(...) or RealChildWindowFromPoint would be helpful to you! AliR. "Hamed" <gholami@softechnic.com> wrote in message news:eMuV0mGlFHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Dear Sir/madam, > > I'd like to retrieve the text under the mouse cu...

How to get an ActiveButton name?
Hi, I'm looking for a code to get the activebutton name. (When I click a button, the macro will pop up a message box showing the button's name) Can somebody help? Thanks, Arie Is the button from the Forms toolbar? msgbox application.caller And if you're looking to do more things with that button: dim myBTN as button set myBTN = activesheet.buttons(application.caller) msgbox mybtn.topleftcell.address 'and more stuff Arie Sukendro wrote: > > Hi, > I'm looking for a code to get the activebutton name. > (When I click a button, the macro will pop up a...

eConnect
Currently we arre using eConnect 7.5 to move data between two systems and it seems to work fine but this tools does not wotk with other applications for data integration. Is there any other integration tools that we can use that will work not only with Great Plains but with other applications as well? We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this will work with Great Plains? Thanks "Mo Quamar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2577601c46074$70786df0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking into BizTalk, does anyone knows if this >...

record a home sale
Does anyone know an easy way to record the sale of a house in MS Money so that the mortgage and the asset are both taken care of? thanks I'd record a deposit in the account you put the proceeds in. It'll be a large set of splits, derived from the settlement sheet. Start with a Loan Payment to the old mortgage, convert the Principal Transfer amount to the payoff balance. Add any costs. Add the interest you had to pay for the partial month. Add a transfer from the asset account for the asset value before the transaction. Add any income/expense lines to get from the asset value you w...

what is Pub60Cor and how can I get rid of it?
Hello: I recently did some housecleaning on my computer (a Dell I8200) and now have an odd problem when working in an open page in Publisher: when I want to Insert a picture, the Window "Insert Picture" opens, but in the "Look in:" window, the word "Pub60Cor" is displayed, along with apparently every image I have stored on my hard drive. It's no big deal to mouse click down to the folder where I store my pictures, but my computer didn't do this before, and I would like to know how to change which folder opens in that window when I open up the Inser...

I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook?
I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get rid of? Shazza wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:33 > I keep getting the error message 'not responding' with Outlook? So > ultimately it takes a long time to load then the message disappears. Does > any one know what this means? Have I got a bug somewhere that I need to get > rid of? 1- try to check your ad-dons may be one of th...

How to get CPU usage?
Greetings, I want to get CPU, Memory and harddisk usage like Windows Task Manager. Which APIs can get those data? Thanks in advance! Evan Hi, You can use the perfmon api. Find a sample at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cssample/ht ml/vcsamPerfMonSampleCSharp.asp Andy Mortimer [MS] Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. OR if you wish to include a script sample in your post please add "Use of included script ...

How do I get columns in Office XP?
My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot find any menu item on creating columns as we did in 2000. Insert a text box and right click on the box. Choose Format Text Box and then click on the Text Box tab. Set up the box to your needs. There is also a Columns button on the Standard tool bar. "annitaf" <annitaf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD4CA13B-31B1-4ADF-B7E4-0829D0D9E3EC@microsoft.com... > My Publisher Help pane is showing blank on creating columns. I cannot > find > any menu item on creating columns as we di...

getting combinations
hi, im trying to make me rich!!! it is possible to get in excel posibles combinations of 6 numbers from 1 to 42, analizyng those that are more repeated. Yes. If you can get computer files with historical winning lottery numbers, then you get get Excel to read and analyze them. -- Gary's Student "vecky" wrote: > hi, im trying to make me rich!!! it is possible to get in excel posibles > combinations of 6 numbers from 1 to 42, analizyng those that are more > repeated. ...

Cash sales for items not on the item list
How do I manually enter a price for an item not on the item list. I work at a pharmacy and the co-pay amount varies and have no price barcode. Check the options tab in the item properties list and check mark "must enter price at POS"; I guess the copay is the amount the customer pays at the time of purchase, right? "Michael" wrote: > How do I manually enter a price for an item not on the item list. I work at a > pharmacy and the co-pay amount varies and have no price barcode. On Dec 1, 4:31 pm, Michael <Michael @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

eConnect and TA00950...?
We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via a .Net application to send data in. However, when I try to run the sample code, I keeping getting the following error: "Invalid object name 'Dynamics..TA00950'." Searching around, I can't find much of anything at all about this error message online. Any ideas what's causing this? Having the same problem. Anybody know the answer yet? -- jarn "glass_snake" wrote: > We have an install of Great Plains 8, and we're trying to use eConnect 8 via > a .Net applica...

How do I get the Count numbers to automatically appear in Bold?
I'm doing a Count action in a spreadsheet. (Counting the number of times a name appears in the data) I click on the first cell in the column and then click on Data dropdown, Subtotal, count. As a result, Excel adds a row in between different name groups, puts in "JOHN SMITH Count" in bold in one cell, and then the number of instances the same name appears in another cell. However, the number itself isn't in bold and I'd like it to be. Is there some way to format this action to have the number automatically appear in bold font, other than going to each instance and bolding...

Combo box getting hidden
I have a problem with the same CView class I asked about the other day... Its a CView class with an extensive OnDraw method (Gantt-based resource loading chart). I have a few controls in the corner - a plus and minus CButton, a CStatic text (my font problem the other day) and a CComboBox. I also have a horizontal and vertical CScrollBar. These controls are class members (no resource associated) and are all .Create() in my ::Create method. Following an OnDraw(), everything is drawn properly, except my combo box. I assume it is a z-order problem, but I don't know how to bring it forw...