dynamics.exe entry point not found error

We have recently upgraded to Dynamics 10.  however, one client id gives the
following error:  "The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could
not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.dll."  the dynamics client
then closes with a fatal error and sends an error report off to microsoft.
This would happen to only one user.

The work around to this had been to create a new network login(Windows
Server 2003 SBS).  This worked for about 10 days; then started getting the
same error -- seemingly without any changes to the workstation.  The
workstation is virus free, and has a clean registry; all service packs have
been installed. (just to be safe, the workstaion has been reformatted and had
windows xp pro installed from scratch).

We have now just added a brand new workstation to the network (XP Pro SP2).
With only MS Office and GP 10 installed on the system, we get the same error
message even if we try and login as SA.

Does anyone have any idea what we're missing in the setup and why do our
other 11 workstations + a TS client work like a dream?

--
Burke Gladding
bgladding@st-moritz.com

It seems odd to reply to my own post -- The solution appears to be to remove
IE7 and reinstal IE6.  Absolutely the most ridiculous thing ever.
--
Burke Gladding
bgladding@st-moritz.com

"Burke Gladding" wrote:

> We have recently upgraded to Dynamics 10.  however, one client id gives the
> following error:  "The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could
> not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.dll."  the dynamics client
> then closes with a fatal error and sends an error report off to microsoft.
> This would happen to only one user.
>
> The work around to this had been to create a new network login(Windows
> Server 2003 SBS).  This worked for about 10 days; then started getting the
> same error -- seemingly without any changes to the workstation.  The
> workstation is virus free, and has a clean registry; all service packs have
> been installed. (just to be safe, the workstaion has been reformatted and had
> windows xp pro installed from scratch).
>
> We have now just added a brand new workstation to the network (XP Pro SP2).
> With only MS Office and GP 10 installed on the system, we get the same error
> message even if we try and login as SA.
>
> Does anyone have any idea what we're missing in the setup and why do our
> other 11 workstations + a TS client work like a dream?
>

> --
> Burke Gladding
> bgladding@st-moritz.com
Found the following: You may receive the following error message when you
start the application that uses the Internet Explorer Web browser control:
The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could not be located in
the dynamic link library PSAPI.DLL.

CAUSE
This problem may occur if the PSAPI.dll file is registered incorrectly.

RESOLUTION
To resolve this problem, remove or rename all the instances of the PSAPI.dll
file that are located in the folder for the application that closes. The
PSAPI.dll file is a component that is not redistributable. The PSAPI.dll file
must only be located in the Windows folder or in the Windows\System32 folder.

Hope this helps, rc

"Burke Gladding" wrote:

> It seems odd to reply to my own post -- The solution appears to be to remove
> IE7 and reinstal IE6.  Absolutely the most ridiculous thing ever.
> --
> Burke Gladding
> bgladding@st-moritz.com
>

> "Burke Gladding" wrote:
>
> > We have recently upgraded to Dynamics 10.  however, one client id gives the
> > following error:  "The procedure entry point GetProcessImageFileNameW could
> > not be located in the dynamic link library PSAPI.dll."  the dynamics client
> > then closes with a fatal error and sends an error report off to microsoft.
> > This would happen to only one user.
> >
> > The work around to this had been to create a new network login(Windows
> > Server 2003 SBS).  This worked for about 10 days; then started getting the
> > same error -- seemingly without any changes to the workstation.  The
> > workstation is virus free, and has a clean registry; all service packs have
> > been installed. (just to be safe, the workstaion has been reformatted and had
> > windows xp pro installed from scratch).
> >
> > We have now just added a brand new workstation to the network (XP Pro SP2).
> > With only MS Office and GP 10 installed on the system, we get the same error
> > message even if we try and login as SA.
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea what we're missing in the setup and why do our
> > other 11 workstations + a TS client work like a dream?
> >

> > --
> > Burke Gladding
> > bgladding@st-moritz.com
0
RC (240)

Error 9582 on Exch2000SP3 and W2KSP4 w/2.5 G RAM
HELP!!!! I have a single Exchange server with 2.5G RAM. Exchange 2000 SP3 Windows 2000 Server SP4 I am getting a 9582 *warning* message: The Virtual memory necessary to run your Exchange server is fragmented in such a way that performance may be affected. It is highly recommended that you restart all Exchange services to correct this issue. I have gone to EventID.net and followed along with all the Qxxxxx articles. I have: 1. Installed the last Post-SP3 patch (Store.exe shows version 6.0.6603.0) 2. I have added the HeapDecommit reg entry detailed in Q315407 3. I have set up counters in Pe...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Target Machine Error
Hey everyone, i have speant weeks creating a program in vc++ 2005 MFC, and it has come time to move it onto the target machine. When i move it onto the target machine, and try to execute it, it displays the message "this application has failed to run because it contains errors". When i run 'depends.exe' on this executable, it reports the following is wrong: Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information in "c:\documents and settings\g853ahe\desktop\DBCH MANAGEMENT SYSTEM.EXE" contains errors. This application has failed to start because the application configu...

Object Error when priting a report
Hello Everyone! When I try to print a report on Microsoft CRM 1.2 an error message appears "Object Error" and it doesn't print. In some machines this message doesn't appear but it doesn't work also. Any ideas? Thank you! 1. Try this: http://crmserver/viewer/activexviewer/en/npviewer.exe making sure to replace "crmserver" with the name of your Microsoft CRM server. 2. Also check your browser to make sure it allows ActiveX. In IE go to Tools - Internet Options - Security -Local Intranet - Custom Level - ActiveX controls and plugins. Make sure all setting...

Error when running Detailed Sales Report
Receive the following error msg- The report data could not be loaded due to the floowing error: (-2147217900) Ambigous column name 'PictureName'. Any help would be greatly appreciated David Both of the standard Stock MS reports for HQ and SO (called ‘Sales – Detailed Sales’) do not have the picture name associated. Are you: 1) Referencing a different stock MS report than Detailed Sales? 2) Referencing a custom report? -- Jocelyn "DAS" wrote: > Receive the following error msg- > > The report data could not be loaded due to the floowing error: > >...

Finding the value for the point two lines cross
I have a graph of two lines that cross each other at some point. I am trying to find the value at the point the lines cross. Is there something in Excel that will help with that? On my spreadsheet i have used the INTERCEPT formula and have two numbers of where each range of Y axis values cross the X axis. There is one X axis range and twol Y axs ranges. That tells me where each Y crosses the X. How do I find where the two Y's cross. Brian wrote on Thu, 2 Mar 2006 15:46:27 -0800: B> I have a graph of two lines that cross each other at some B> point. I am trying to find the ...

Error: access denied, why
While trying to print information from web pages I get stopped and ask, "runtime error, do you wish to debug" Line 92 Error:access denied. When I do debug and the report is sent Istill can not print my information. Help please if you can.. Thank you that sounds like a web code error. not much you can do about that. >-----Original Message----- >While trying to print information from web pages I get stopped and ask, >"runtime error, do you wish to debug" Line 92 Error:access denied. >When I do debug and the report is sent Istill can not print my informatio...

Duplicate entries in Calendar
My calendar has become infected with many duplicate entries, in some cases, four and five duplicate entries for the same appointment. Microsoft says these should be deleted entry by entry using the CNTL key but there must be thousands of them. Surely there is a more efficient way of eliminating duplicates. Any suggestions? Thanks, DOW Without writing a macro, you can change the view to table view and group by subject. It would still take some time, but be much quicker than using a day/week/month view. View | Current View | Customize current view will open the dialog that lets ...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Adding Comments From Cells To Chart Points.
Hi all I have spent a large portion of my weekend trying to find the answer to this. Without much luck! I have finally come up with my own code and was hoping someone could have a look at it. I'm looking to clean it up and make it a little more efficient. Thanks in advance, Greg. Sub AddCommentsToChartPoints() Dim ws As Worksheet Dim ct As ChartObject Dim serSeries As SeriesCollection Dim ser As Series Dim Counter As Integer Dim ChartName As String Dim xVals As String Dim xAddress As String 'Loop through each worksheet in workbook For Each ws In Worksheets 'Lo...

When exiting Outlook WINWORD.EXE does not close
I have Outlook and Office 2000 with latest service packs. Word is my email editor. When I close Outlook the WINWORD.EXE process is still running. (There are not open email messages when I close Outlook.) This causes Word not to print because it says a default printer does not exist. If I stop the WINWORD.EXE process before launching Word it prints fine. This problem started about three months ago and I can't remember any significant change to my system at that time. I suspect this is a result of an OS or Office update. I can't find an applicable Knowledge Base article...

2061 ExchangeDSAccess errors
I have a Windows 2000 server with Exchange 2003 Standard w/ SP2 installed. When I look at the properties for this server in ESM, I see in the log file directory line the following: An error occurred during a call to Windows Management Instrumentation ID no: 80041013 Exchange System Manager Also, if I click on the Directory Access tab, I get the following: Process MAD.EXE (PID=2976). An LDAP search call failed - Server=myserver.mydomain.org Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2. And when I click on OK, I see just one server listed, and it's the same server, ...

email getting error message
I AM EXPERIENCING THE SAME PROBLEMS AS HARRY CAN ANYONE HELP JOAN You mean Harry Houdini or do you mean Harry Applebaumski. Is it the same problem as Harry had when he went to Wall Mart and bought stockings? Or is it another problem Read the following http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "MICROSOFT NEWS SEDVER" <joanburkey@msn.com> wrote in message news:%23LXbU6KhKHA.5608@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I AM EXPERIENC...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Error in query referring to Combo Box
I am very new to using VBA to build forms and am having a problem. I trying to embed a query within a public sub routine. The goal of this query is to use an alphanumeric code entered into a combo box on the form to retrieve an associated ID within a table. The bound column of the combo box is text. I have used the following code: Public Sub GetSturID(intSturID As Integer) Dim rsSturID As ADODB.Recordset Set rsSturID = New ADODB.Recordset rsSturID.Open "SELECT tblSturg.SturgID FROM tblSturg WHERE (tblSturg.PIT = '" & cmbPIT.Value & "')" _ &...

error 5.4.0
The destination server for this recipient could not be found in Domain Name Service (DNS). Please verify the email address and retry. If that fails, contact your administrator. <exchangesrv.northcoastseafoods.com #5.4.0> I am receiving the above message, when sending E-mail. I do not have SMPT Connections configured. Now what do I do to fix this? Not enough information. An error such as that typically indicates that the "REMOTE" domain couldn't be found in DNS. Can you provide the domain name you are trying to send mail to? Does mail to other domains work? T...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

VBA code to password protect and entry field?
Hi all! Here's an interesting project. In one of my forms in an acess DB, I have a text entry box. Now, I don't want just anyone to be able to type garbage into this text box. I also do not want to hide or lock it. I need to use it now and again. IS there some code snippet I can use to that will prompt for a password to unlock the text field? An example would be IF one were to click on the text field, A prompt would come up for a password. You enter the password and the text box would now be active to acept typing. Otherwize the text box needs to be greyed out and null...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...

OUTLOOK.EXE Entry point not found #2
when i open outlook 2002, i get errors 'the procedure entry point GetIUMS could not be located in the dynamic link library MSDART.DLL". I replaced the dll from another PC but still get the error. re-installed outlook and re- run windows set up with no success. Dont know what next to do. please help. Thanks in advace ...

10.1.2 Updater Error Message
Hi, Got a new G5 computer and installed Office X on it. I then loaded SP1 and 10.1.1 and they went fine. Now when I go to run 10.1.2 I get the following error message: 11002:2-15 and then it bombs out. Any ideas on what could be causing this error. Thanks, Peter Nehem P.S- Anti-virus software has been disabled and also tried it out in safe mode. ...

Dynamically populate a drop down list
Hi, I'm trying to dynamically populate a drop down list in MS CRM (1.2) based on certain parameters. I suppose I could do it using a SQL stored procedure, but I would prefer to use standard/supported CRM customizations. Any assistance in this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! -Dave- Dave, You can do it in 3.0 pretty easily based upon an example in the SDK... Here are some pretty pictures... http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2005/12/04/499868.aspx I have not tried it with 1.2, but it could probably work... Thanks Ben "Dave" <renor321@yahoo.com> wrot...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...