Dynamics Utilities Fails when upgrading to GP 9 Service Pack 3

We have a client that is attempting to load GP9 service pack 3.  After the
install is completed, the machine was rebooted and the dynamics utilites was
ran.  While utilities is running (the window states "Server Installation
Progress"), an error message pops up stating "File Not Found C:\Program
Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\Upgrade\2277\9.0.282\Driver.ini"  After this
error utilities does not complete and the install fails.

I have looked at the directory on this machine and a 9.0.282 folder does not
exist.  Why is the upgrade looking for it and how can we proceed to get the
server pack loaded?  Thanks
0
RPA (2)

Dear RPA,

from which version you are attempting to load GP9 SP3???

Regards,
Sheikh Asif
0
asifbunty (75)
1/6/2008 10:50:14 AM
Sheikh, Ryan is traveling this morning but I assisted him with this process.
I believe the client was attempting to update from GP 9 sp2 (..0281).

"SHEIKH ASIF" wrote:

> Dear RPA,
>
> from which version you are attempting to load GP9 SP3???
>
> Regards,
> Sheikh Asif

0
Marxy (3)
1/7/2008 2:45:03 PM
Did you see this when running sp3 on the server?

I ran into something similar and uninstalled GP 9 from the server (not
touching the databases, but backup anyway!) and reinstalling "Server and
Client" on the server, then I installed sp2, then sp3.

"Marxy" wrote:

> Sheikh, Ryan is traveling this morning but I assisted him with this process.
> I believe the client was attempting to update from GP 9 sp2 (..0281).
>
> "SHEIKH ASIF" wrote:
>
> > Dear RPA,
> >
> > from which version you are attempting to load GP9 SP3???
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sheikh Asif

0
DavidM (290)
1/7/2008 11:11:05 PM
Yes - we did see this when running sp3.  We've been running into this type of
trouble at a few clients the way ti seems and all we seem to get is the
response to uninstall and reinstall.  In fact that's what we had to do with
this particular case but I'm disappointed that we can't get solid answers
about the cause and resolution to this type of error.  We've got a few large
enterprise type customers where it's not real easy to get access to their
Citrix farm for a total uninstall and reinstall.  Couple that with multiple
custom dictionaries and multiple set files for multiple sets of modified
reports and you see that not being able to quickly resolve and explain these
errors is a rather large issue.

Thanks for the replies - if anyone out there at Microsoft has some solid
advice or even an explanation of the files involved (dynamics.set,
dynutils.set, ..sql\upgrade\.., duxxx.dic, du tables, dbupgrade etc. etc.)
when these errors occur I sure would appreciate as much detail on the matter
as we can get.  Thanks again.

"DavidM" wrote:

> Did you see this when running sp3 on the server?
>
> I ran into something similar and uninstalled GP 9 from the server (not
> touching the databases, but backup anyway!) and reinstalling "Server and
> Client" on the server, then I installed sp2, then sp3.
>

> "Marxy" wrote:
>
> > Sheikh, Ryan is traveling this morning but I assisted him with this process.
> > I believe the client was attempting to update from GP 9 sp2 (..0281).
> >
> > "SHEIKH ASIF" wrote:
> >
> > > Dear RPA,
> > >
> > > from which version you are attempting to load GP9 SP3???
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Sheikh Asif

0
Marxy (3)

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

Document Connection

Failed Windows Update
All attempts to update Windows XP are failing. Error message 0x8007F0DA . Last successful update was KB890830, but KB972270 on same date failed. -- msimona ------------------------------------------------------------------------ msimona's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/179367.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1297491.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Enabling DSP plugin in WMP12 fails to repeat playing a media file
I created a video dsp plugin by VS 2005 and MS SDK 6.1. It can be registered in WMP12 (windows 7) and working fine. However, when I click stop and click play to re-start playing a media file, WMP always returns with error "Can not process the request". If I set playback mode to "Repeat", WMP still fails to re-play the file. I doubted that there was some errors in my plugin codes but I created another video dsp plugin by the wizard and just built it without any modification, the result was the same. Please help me... thanks. For WMP,SDK,etc,go to http://msdn.mic...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

GP 2010 - Fabrikam
I just installed GP 2010 and the Fabrikam TWO company. When I first went to Tools>Setup>Payroll>Payroll-Additional>Prompt Print Edit Reports I was able to see and check the on/off buttons for the report option. I was expecting to then be able to (somehow) set a flag for which reports print and which report to not print. I turned on the reports and then went into Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting expecting to see some on/off checkboxes for the Prompt Print Edit Reports but there was nothing there. So I went back to the Prompt Print Edit Report window and c...

Regretting my upgrade from QS2000 to RMS...why I hate M$
I have used Quicksell 2000 for over 6 years and had no complaints. After six years of sales, items, etc., my Access DB couldn't take it any longer and crashed again. I called the MS Support(less) and was told QS2000 support was officially over and they could not repair my DB, as they have done a few times since they bought QS2000. Fine, I will upgrade to the latest/"greatest" so that I am up with the times and also can pay for support when/if I need it. I have a 3 lane dongle, but only use 1 lane, and was told I HAD to upgrade to an equivilent dongle...fine...sell me t...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

Can I upgrade to 2004?
I have a 3-year old G4 powerbook with Office x.1 on it. I have the CD for that version of Office. I'm buying a new dual-core notebook, which is scheduled to arrive in a couple weeks. I need to run Office 2004 on the notebook. Question: can i install my old version of Office on the new laptop, and then buy an upgrade version of Office 2004? That would be a lot cheaper than buying the full (standard) version. thanks, gary You don't need to install the old version you can point the installer to the Office CD to install the upgrade.... -- Paul Ballou MVP Office http://office.m...

Problems upgrading 02 -> 04
Thanks for the info. The file is owned by me and I am an administrator. Double clicking in explorer gives me the exact same message. I tried safe mode and there too I get te same error. David >-----Original Message----- >In microsoft.public.money, David Harrison-Rand wrote: > >>Hi, >> >>I am trying to upgrade to Money 2004 from Money 2002 >>Deluxe but I always get the error in this link: >>href= >http://moneycentral.msn.com/money/2004/ee.asp? ProdVer=12.00.10.0613&FileName=MnyOb99.dll&FileVer=12.00.0 613&EvtSrc=mnyob99&EvtId=5101...

How to tell if 3.0 emaill router is installed
How can you tell if the email router is installed? Running Exchange 2003 and Server 2003. Can't email from CRM and can't find registry entry on echange server. thanks! Check add/remove programs. It should be listed as a seperate application. "AmyF" wrote: > How can you tell if the email router is installed? Running Exchange > 2003 and Server 2003. > Can't email from CRM and can't find registry entry on echange server. > > thanks! > ...

eConnect Runtime 9.0.2?
Where can I get the runtime MSI for eConnect 9.0.2? ------=_NextPart_0001_60CDC8D7 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit The eConnect 9.0.2.0 Runtime is available on CustomerSource & PartnerSource. The link for the 9.0.2.0 Runtime for CustomerSource is https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/downloads/servicepacks/econnect9.0r untimedownloadsforisvs.htm?printpage=false. Corey Developer Support ------=_NextPart_0001_60CDC8D7 Content-Type: text/x-rtf Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang1033{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans...

Viewing CRM 3.0 Notes in SharePoint
I have added a page viewer webpart to a sharepoint (sps) page to display data on a CRM account. All data and tabs display as they should except Notes. When I click on the Notes tab, none of the existing notes are displayed; just to option to add a new note. If I add a new note, it is displayed only until the page is refreshed and it then disappears. Text, picklist, and other fields display existing data correctly. Has anyone know how to display CRM 3.0 notes in a SharePoint webpart? Thanks Vic Coleman Can you share your web part with the community? maybe we can all help to re...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Update from previous versions to GP 10.0
Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make decisions. Put service pack 5 on version 8, then update from there to 10.0 Make sure you also immediately use sp1 for Version 10 Mike "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12AD9FCB-84AD-45CF-898C-A943DB8216F4@microsoft.com... > Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and > then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? > > Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make dec...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

GP 10: Where Did Dex.ini go?
OK, I'm stumped. I'm playing with GP 10 and wanted to resynchronize the account framework. Normally it's a setting in the Dex.ini file, except there's no Dex.ini file. I looked in hidden folders, I checked the common files/shared files location. Nada. So: 1) How do I synchronize the account framework if I'm working with different installations in v10? 2) Where did Dex.ini go? (Wild guess, the registry but a cursory look didn't turn up anything there) 3) Have I simply been working too hard and missed something simple? (Like, it's in a different folder now) I don&...

Windows server backup fails
I set up a backup of Windows 2008 R2 server using Windows Server Backup and dedicated USB hard drive. It backs up system volume and some Hyper-V VMs. It's been working fine for several days and then stopped. Now the backup application gives SPP error 0x81000101 (The creation of shadow copy has timed out) and the backup operational log shows error 2155348001 (Windows Backup timed out before the SPP was created). There're no VSS-related errors in event logs and 'vssadmin list writers' shows no errors, either. Server disks have plenty of free space to store shadow c...

IV00101.CREATDDT in GP release 8
Hello Everybody. We are trying to use this field IV00101.CREATDDT (created date of inventory items) to track the success of new items. Simple enough, except that I get a few strange results - specifically, I have items with a created date later than their first sales (ie. created in 2007 - first sold in 2006). Can anyone offer some insight? Is this field not calculated & locked at the time of inventory item creation? Thank you, Maria. Hello Maria First of all, let me ask you some questions that i have Since when are you using GP? because something similar happened to one of m...

CRM Integration with MBS/Dynamics products
Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark There is nothing available yet. You would need to build it. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Jeppe Jespersen" <jdj curly jdj dot dk> wrote in message news:OAfVImWLGHA.3276@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... Hi, Anyone know anything about the integration between CRM 3.0 and ...say.... Dynamix AX/Axapta? I'm thinking sharing of customer data and such.... Jeppe Jespersen Denmark ...

Watch this corrective pack which came from the MS Corporation
--rfgywbrh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pphadnpk"; type="multipart/alternative" --pphadnpk Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vwcxhvwxl" --vwcxhvwxl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft User this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer fr...

Multilanguage pack: english language (1033)
Hi everybody, I had a question, i got a dutch version of Ms Office 2003. Now i got the Multilanguage user interface pack too. But there is no english language in that pack, is it possible to download this language somewhere? or do i really need to install a english version of Ms Office 2003? Greets Tom. ...

Dynamics GP 10 and Dynamics AX 4.0
just a half year ago, our company has started to work with Dynamics AX 4.0. Now i am doing some programming in X++ and almost customizing reports. Accidently, i stumpled on Dynamics GP 10.0 and i am wondering what s the difference between AX and GP? What stands GP for? Maybe GP is to replace AX, and our company backs to wrong horse? Does GP 10 contains AX 4.0? I have learnt lot of X++ programming, would it be possible to using X++ in the GT 10 field, too? Great Plains (GP) is another ERP system that Microsoft acquired a few years ago when it acquired the company of the same name. GP ...

Office beta 2011 installer wizard in 10.5.7 shows "Wrong OS version. This software needs Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later"