Dynamics GP Utilities - No Servers Listed

I am unable to view or enter any listed servers?

Server: No servers listed
User Id: sa
Password: *********
0
Terry (158)

Did you create your ODBC connection?

"Terry" wrote:

> I am unable to view or enter any listed servers?
>
> Server: No servers listed
> User Id: sa
> Password: *********
0
Jav (133)
5/1/2006 6:01:03 PM
Should I create it for a USER or SYSTEM DSN?

"jav" wrote:

> Did you create your ODBC connection?
>
> "Terry" wrote:
>
> > I am unable to view or enter any listed servers?
> >
> > Server: No servers listed
> > User Id: sa
> > Password: *********
0
Terry (158)
5/1/2006 6:31:02 PM
You create a System DSN.  Check out the Great Plains install document.  There
is an area for setting up the ODBC data source.

"Terry" wrote:

> Should I create it for a USER or SYSTEM DSN?
>
> "jav" wrote:
>
> > Did you create your ODBC connection?
> >
> > "Terry" wrote:
> >
> > > I am unable to view or enter any listed servers?
> > >
> > > Server: No servers listed
> > > User Id: sa
> > > Password: *********
0
Jav (133)
5/1/2006 6:53:02 PM
We were unable to see the listed servers in Dynamics GP Utilities after
creating the System DSN.

However, when we created the User DSN, the listed servers became available
and we were able to complete the install.

Will we run into any challenges with Dynamics GP if we do not use the System
DSN?

Currently, it seems to be working?

"jav" wrote:

> You create a System DSN.  Check out the Great Plains install document.  There
> is an area for setting up the ODBC data source.
>
> "Terry" wrote:
>
> > Should I create it for a USER or SYSTEM DSN?
> >
> > "jav" wrote:
> >
> > > Did you create your ODBC connection?

0
Terry (158)

LDAP And All Address List
I am trying to make a New Global Address List.. Here is the filter that I have so far: (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (| (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(!(homeMDB=*))(!(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=contact))(objectCategory=group) )))(objectCategory=user)(!extensionAttribute10=Schools))) This list the users the way I want them to but not the Groups.. I don't understand what I am doing wrong.. Please help.. Thanks.. Hi try with this...

email server
Hi All, Is it possible to run MS CRM on a win2k3 box, with active directory, sql, etc BUT use MAC OSx as a mail server? One of our clients is adament... :( Thanks in advance! Mike Yes, but they will have no email functionality to/from CRM Only Exchange 2000/2003 will do it all Peter L "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@nospam.etypemedia.co.uk> wrote in message news:05cd3474fc6e4cd856b0822c233dbe90@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi All, > Is it possible to run MS CRM on a win2k3 box, with active directory, sql, > etc BUT use MAC OSx as a mail server? > > One...

Removing Windows 2000 SBS Server from domain
Hi All, I've heard some horror stories about removing Windows 2000 SBS server from the domain. The machine is legacy, does not run exchange. Only runs SQL server for a legacy app. All the roles have been transfered to another domain controller for over a year. I am looking at the easiest way to demote this computer without removing it from the domain. We are looking to put Exchange 2010 in the domain and we cannot do this with this server being a domain controller. Any advice appreciated. You're outta luck. SBS (all versions) _must_ be a DC and hold all FSMO ...

New Outlook Distribution List Location
I have a folder hierarchy as follows: Public folders ...All Public Folders ......Dept .........Distribution List How do I create an Outlook Distribution List in a folder other than the default "Contacts" folder ("Distribution List")? I have a folder object with the FullFolderPath where I want the DL to be saved, but DistListItem.SaveAs(fld.FullFolderPath, Outlook.OlSaveAsType.olTXT) gives me an error {"The operation failed."}. I can start Outlook and manually get to the DL folder, though. Thanks, Scott -- scottb2 http://forums.slipsti...

service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0
Does anyone knows how we can achieve the following requirement with MSCRM 4.0 In the service calendar in MS Dynamics 4.0 you are able to create new appointments and service activities. Appointments and Service Activities which are created will be present in the Service Calendar. To see all details of such a record[Subject(default Value)] you must open it. But by moving your mouse on the concerning appointment or service activity, a text-box-view appears with primary information. With appointments the content of the following fields is displayed: 'show time as', 'subject...

Repointing eReq to new server
I moved our GP data onto a new server and all works well except for eReq (GP 7.5). The eReq sql login exists and has access to the databases and the ereq tables have been transferred over. I have modified the ODBC on the webserver to point to the new server. However, when I try to log into eReq, I enter my user ID and password, but the company list is blank. How do I repoint eReq to the new server? ...

SQL Server and MSDE ?
cenario.... I have a server box running SQL Server 2000 and RMS HQ Server. I have another server running MSDE, RMS SO and HQ Client. (at another location, connected via ADSL VPN) The problem i have is that HQ Client downloads all worksheets from HQ Server. BUT it will not upload data back to HQ Server on a 401 it gives me a correlation error. SQL Server and MSDE use different collation. any ideas on how to change the default collation so they are both the same? You can do it using SQL - see SQL Books online or MSDN. Also, HQ Administrator and SO administrator both have options on the dat...

Integrating Crystal Reports into GP
I am using Dynamics GP 10 and would like to replace some of the Report Writer reports with Crystal Reports. This because Report writer reports is not very savy and on smartlist I can't create totals or summarize data very well. So I was hoping to be able to create some crystal reports and be able to access it in Dynamics GP. Is this possible? If, so how? -- Thanks for your help Hi GPNewbie, Heck, anything is possible with programming! GP does not offer this functionality natively, but there are many fine third party programs that integrate Crystal Reports. Our own V...

dynamic resource
Hi, Anybody know how to load e.g. bitmap into resource dynamicaly? The bitmap file will be downloaded by application itself , so it has to be somehow inserted into resource and displayed. thanks What do you mean by "into resoure dynamically"? Do you want to load a ..bmp file and display it? If yes, take a look at GDI+, which is by far the easiest way to achieve this. ---------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com I misspelled this, yes I'd like to load new bitmap on the fly. But resource file looks like is static. I use ATL/MFC applicatation. "Ajay Kalra" <aja...

How to setup Outlook with Exchange Server?
I set up Outlook with Exchange Server and it works fine when I am inside my workplace but does not work when I am outside the office. Do I need to add another account so I can I access my mail in the office Exchange Server? Thanks, -- Rick "RSJ" <RSJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EAC066E7-6E11-4A6F-AAD8-FE8F7E05065B@microsoft.com... >I set up Outlook with Exchange Server and it works fine when I am inside my > workplace but does not work when I am outside the office. Do I need to add > another account so I can I access my mail in the office E...

autocomplete address list (*.NK2) and Exchange
Hi! People in my company complains that after change of mail system to MS Exchange some address from autcomplete address list disappeared. I noticed that those addresses are automatically removed when users get undelivered reports from Mail System (user quota exceed or something like this). If sending emails accomplished without any undelivered reports then autocomplete list working great. In the mail system without Exchange this problem gone. Clients has MS Outlook 2003 SP2. Do you have some advice? Best regards PS. I'm sorry for my English. ...

GP 2010 - Fabrikam
I just installed GP 2010 and the Fabrikam TWO company. When I first went to Tools>Setup>Payroll>Payroll-Additional>Prompt Print Edit Reports I was able to see and check the on/off buttons for the report option. I was expecting to then be able to (somehow) set a flag for which reports print and which report to not print. I turned on the reports and then went into Tools>Setup>Posting>Posting expecting to see some on/off checkboxes for the Prompt Print Edit Reports but there was nothing there. So I went back to the Prompt Print Edit Report window and c...

Dynamic sum in Chart
Hello: So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great, EXCEPT when I select different categories to show up, I want to show a SUM of the categories, not the values of each category. I would appreciate any help/advice you may have. Thank you! Michelle In the pivot table you can select different thing like count and SUM etc. If you right click in the upper left vacant square and chose field settings, then select what you want to see in your data section. Misha wrote: > Hello: > > So I've got this pivot chart that I've created, and it's great...

Exchange server 2003 cluster
Hello ,,, we have exchange servers 2003 in our environment non-cluster server ,,, and i would like to move to cluster ... am install a two new server manage as clusters ,, it is possible that i move from non cluster to cluster environment ,,,, thanks On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 02:32:54 -0800, ali <ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello ,,, > >we have exchange servers 2003 in our environment non-cluster server ,,, and >i would like to move to cluster ... am install a two new server manage as >clusters ,, > >it is possible that i move from non cluster to c...

Tab seq dynamically...
I have a button which added dynamically to a property sheet. Now for setting the tab sequence with this new button, Am using SetWindowPos() method. Now tab sequence is proper. THE PROBLEM IS Through the arrow keys, I could not navigate to the last button for which I called SetWindowPos. where as through tab keys I could go to the last control. I will appreciate ur help in this. DETAILED DESCRIPTION I have three buttons (OK,Cancel, Help)on the property sheet. I added a button "Default" to the property sheet and positioned between Cancel and Help. I set the tab sequence as ...

Server installation strategy, RAID and tuning etc
Hello What implementation would be the best for Microsoft CRM and the database server? This weekend I�m setting up my implementation on my office. I have been playing around with the testinstallation, and I think, I will install it like this: CRM server Two P4 xeon 2800mhz 2gb of RAM Two disks in mirror RAID Four disks in RAID 5 I will install windows 2003 server on the mirror. I will install CRM runtime files d:\program files\CRM on the RAID5 volume I will install the CRM website on the RAID5 volume as well Database server SQL Two P4 xeon 2800mhz 2gb of RAM Two disks in mirror RAID Fou...

SharePoint Alternate Access Mapping to my Dynamics GP BP site
Hello, If I have posted this question in the wrong forum please let me know! I’m looking for some guidance on changing the Alternate Access Mapping for my Dynamics Business Portal site. So I can implement Single Sign On via ISA Server which is supported on one web listener. Present configuration: Default Zone: http://geneva:222 I would like to add: Internet Zone: http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com I presently have another SharePoint Collection (The Main Portal) http://geneva configured which listens on Port: 80. I tried to add the Alternate Access Mapping http://dynamicsbp.proclub.com...

Sending "xexch50" to an external server
My client's Exchange server has started sending this command to my server, for which mine requires authentication, and so now none of my clients emails can get to me. My clients techo's of course say the fault is at my end - but I doubt it. My understanding is that command should only ever be sent to internal server. Can anyone assist in finding a cause, and resolution? I've searched the web, but not found a lot to help. Cheers, Dino Does this help? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843106 On Sat, 20 Nov 2004 08:57:49 +1300, "Dean Cleaver&qu...

Windows server backup fails
I set up a backup of Windows 2008 R2 server using Windows Server Backup and dedicated USB hard drive. It backs up system volume and some Hyper-V VMs. It's been working fine for several days and then stopped. Now the backup application gives SPP error 0x81000101 (The creation of shadow copy has timed out) and the backup operational log shows error 2155348001 (Windows Backup timed out before the SPP was created). There're no VSS-related errors in event logs and 'vssadmin list writers' shows no errors, either. Server disks have plenty of free space to store shadow c...

PS2007 Risk list as a list template
An over zealous PS 2007 Administrator has changed the Owner column type in the Risk and Issue logs. Having lived with the PS Queue errors for several months (during which time lots of Project Workspaces have been created), they now want to resolve the error. It's not as simple as resetting the 'type' to 'Person or Group' (sadly) as there seems no way to do this in the 'Settings' page. I have created a list template from the supplied Microsoft Project Workspace SharePoint template with a view to replacing the defective lists and, whilst I can now cre...

Update from previous versions to GP 10.0
Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make decisions. Put service pack 5 on version 8, then update from there to 10.0 Make sure you also immediately use sp1 for Version 10 Mike "arielqs" <arielqs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12AD9FCB-84AD-45CF-898C-A943DB8216F4@microsoft.com... > Can I update GP 8.0 to GP 10.0 or I have to update first GP 8.0 to 9.0 and > then GP 9.0 to GP 10.0? > > Please help me as soon as possible, I need to make dec...

member initialization list
I'm trying to initialize a member (defined in a class) while constructor is running but compiler complains for "=". Can you advise me on this please? how can I assing the Num to m_Num ? CChild::CChild( int Num, CWnd* pParent /*=NULL*/) : CDialog(CChild::IDD, pParent), m_Num = Num <==== here { //{{AFX_DATA_INIT(CChild) // NOTE: the ClassWizard will add member initialization here //}}AFX_DATA_INIT } regards, Thanks I got it! it should have a syntax as m_Num(Num) regards, "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eFq5P1GuEHA.135...

dynamic charting #2
Hi I have to update a weekly spreadsheet With week numbers in column B x series and three y series percentages in G,H,I columns. Could someone please help I need these to update automatically. If someone can explain in detail I would appreciate 39 2097 2165 68 1770.7 97 96.86 118.43 40 2443.15 2201 -242.15 1548.93 97 111.00 157.73 41 2162.83 2259 96.17 1600.78 97 95.74 135.11 42 2163.08 2241 77.92 1545.1 97 96.52 140.00 43 2137.5 2271 133.5 1664.6 97 94.12 128.41 44 2160.67 2298 137.33 1455 97 94.02 148.50 Ta Brian ...

GP 10: Where Did Dex.ini go?
OK, I'm stumped. I'm playing with GP 10 and wanted to resynchronize the account framework. Normally it's a setting in the Dex.ini file, except there's no Dex.ini file. I looked in hidden folders, I checked the common files/shared files location. Nada. So: 1) How do I synchronize the account framework if I'm working with different installations in v10? 2) Where did Dex.ini go? (Wild guess, the registry but a cursory look didn't turn up anything there) 3) Have I simply been working too hard and missed something simple? (Like, it's in a different folder now) I don&...

Need a method to Dynamicly change the X axis Scale on a chart. #2
I dynamically change the amount of data on a chart. This causes the X axis Scale to either to either show too few values or too many values ( a solid black line if too many). I would like a method to dynamically change the scale values in relation to the data span. Joe - Do you want to limit the number of points displayed? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Dynamics.html http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246 Or do you want to link the axis scales to something you calculate in the sheet? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Zips/SwitchXYAxes.zip - Jon ----...