Double Payment

Customer double paid on an invoice.  I now have the credit sitting in the
customer's account.  We issued a return of the amount overpaid via charge
card.  How do reverse the original payment creating a debit memo to wash the
customer's credit and have a negative amount in the Bank Deposit Entry module?
0
paoakalani (10)

One way to do this (if you don't have the customer refund module) is create
a debit memo for the customer and apply to the over payment.  Then enter a
Bank Transaction to deduct that amount from your checkbook.  The Deposit
Entry module will be off by the amount of the Bank Transacation.  I always
used the same date and referenced the deposit details on the Bank
Transaction that I created and for an audit trail I printed a copy of the
Bank Transaction posting journal and attached it to the deposit journal.

Hope that helps.

"paoakalani" <paoakalani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Customer double paid on an invoice.  I now have the credit sitting in the
> customer's account.  We issued a return of the amount overpaid via charge
> card.  How do reverse the original payment creating a debit memo to wash
> the
> customer's credit and have a negative amount in the Bank Deposit Entry
> module?

I know there was a way I could make a negative amount show up in the Bank
Transaction area, I just can replicate that entry.
"6538" wrote:

> One way to do this (if you don't have the customer refund module) is create
> a debit memo for the customer and apply to the over payment.  Then enter a
> Bank Transaction to deduct that amount from your checkbook.  The Deposit
> Entry module will be off by the amount of the Bank Transacation.  I always
> used the same date and referenced the deposit details on the Bank
> Transaction that I created and for an audit trail I printed a copy of the
> Bank Transaction posting journal and attached it to the deposit journal.
>
> Hope that helps.
>

> "paoakalani" <paoakalani@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Customer double paid on an invoice.  I now have the credit sitting in the
> > customer's account.  We issued a return of the amount overpaid via charge
> > card.  How do reverse the original payment creating a debit memo to wash
> > the
> > customer's credit and have a negative amount in the Bank Deposit Entry
> > module?

0
paoakalani (10)

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

tracking "credit card payment: [account]" in budget
How can I track a credit card payment from my checking account in my budget? "Scott" <silentchild@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23keaprogFHA.1372@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How can I track a credit card payment from my checking account in my > budget? > You don't. The budget is for budgeting expenses, such as purchases you make using your credit card or your checking account. Moving money around from one account to another is not an expense and not part of the budget. -Jeff ...

Adding a loan payment to the budget?
I have a car loan that I want to add to the budget but not to the debt reduction planner. How do I do this. I am having a rough time with it. Thanks Well, what have you done? (Assuming recent versions of Money and, if M05 or M06, Advanced Budget.) Loan Payments are typically accompanied by Loan Accounts. If you have defined a Loan Account, it should automatically get in the Budget in the Debt category shown at the bottom. Some of us might argue with how Money treats it, but that's how it does it. "Bgreer5050" <bgreer5050@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Ac3dg.777...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Still Confused About ecoring Online Payments
I just instlled Money 2007 and activated an online payment account. I cannot get online payments to automatically get recorded in the check register. I askeds about this here last wek and thge response I got was that if I made the payment through Money, it would get recorded. Here is what I am trying to do.... I get a bill in the mail from Acme Wigits for $34.95. I want to pay it using online bill pay. I start Money and select Account List/Checking/Make a Payment/Make an Electronic Payment. (I am still in Money according to the title bar). I then enter a payment of $34.95 to Acme Wigit...

Wire transfer transaction in Payables manual payment transaction
Under Payables Management -> Manual Payments there is a need from many (most) of our customers to make payments through wire transfers. This is not currently being supported and we are looking at some help in building this functionality. The difference of a wire transfer from the other manual payment types supported is that there are additional bank charges involved. This means that if we have to pay Supplier A with $1000.00 the bank will charge (lets say) $10.00 so we need to make a payment of $1010.00 for the amount of the checkbook but we must clearly show that $10.00 was taken up...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

partial payment on invoice
I would like the invoice to reflect a partial payment made, how do I do this please? I'd like to do the same thing and can't figure it out. Please let me know if you got a solution. Thanks, Patrick "xsintrick" wrote: > I would like the invoice to reflect a partial payment made, how do I do this > please? As far as I can tell, it is not possible. I created my own spreadsheet/bill. Money does keep track of partial payment/credits to the invoice but you must know the total you will charge 1st (which in my case is not possible) My solution was to use 2 invoices, ...

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...

double double-click
Hi everyone. Recenlty upgraded all workstations at a client site from Office 2003 to 2007. Some users report that a shortcut to a spreadsheet on their desktop for example requires 2 double-clicks to open. The first double click opens Excel, the second double click opens the spreadsheet in Excel. Very odd. I have checked file associations and all seems OK. Has anyone come across this before or have a solution? TIA Andrew Try activating one on the Excel add-ins, Solver for instance. Andrew Zenz wrote: > Hi everyone. > > Recenlty upgraded all...

M2004 Small Business: payment terms if not listed
I have a customer that is net 5. The billing information does not have this; the closest is net 10. How do I get Money to reflect the actual arrangement? ...

Double Buffering in Dialogs
I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while resizing. Does any one know how to do this. Any code will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Wasif Ali Wasif Ali wrote: > I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while > resizing. > Does any one know how to do this. > Any code will be appreciated. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wasif Ali What's in the dialog that makes it flicker? The dialog has an ActiveX control and the ActiveX control has many Botmap Buttons on it. Wasif Ali "Minus" <pakosan@ya...

Double Filtering in Excel 2007
Greetings. I am using Excel 2007, and I have a question about filtering in Excel 2007, but I can't find an answer in the help file. If in Col. B I filter a certain cell in a row I get a very handy list. If I then (maintaining the same filter) filter another cell in a row in Col. C I get another handy list (smaller than the first filtered list, of course). Let's say I want to switch back to the first filter, kind of backtracking. I found that when I release the second (sub-)filter, both filters are removed (the same thing happens in Access). Is there an easy way to backtrack...

Why credit card payments not on budget?
I think the title says it all - I have items in the debt category for mortgage and two car loans, but the recurring credit card payments are conspicuously absent. Any ideas? See http://www.bollar.org/msmoney/#Q53. Credit card payments are not an expense the expense occurred when you used the card. Credit card payments are cash flow. "Daniel Billingsley" <dbillingsley@NO.durcon.SPAAMM.com> wrote in message news:umCj81rqDHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I think the title says it all - I have items in the debt category for > mortgage and two car loans, but the recurrin...

Double lines
Hi. Can't bare double lines when writing an email. Can anyone please tell me how to go to single lines when using HTML format. Thank you To change to Single line spacing for the selection, just press Ctrl+1. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP (Message posted via NNTP) "Dingbat" <askingmany@questions> wrote in message news:3660B584-8A4E-4633-91B5-8F526F83BA6C@microsoft.com... > Hi. > Can't bare double lines when writing an email. > Can anyone please tell me how to go to single lines when using HTML format. > > Thank you ...

CRM email double spacing
We are finding that when pressing Enter key in the CRM email body, it is double spacing the lines. How could we turn this off from doing that? We are not using any templates at the moment. No template. Just out of the box email functionality we are using. Regards, Kyaw Try Alt-Enter Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com >> Other Microsoft CRM Online Forum Resources: http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm >-----Original Message----- >We are finding that when pressing Enter key in the CRM email body, it is >double spacing the lines. How could we turn this off fr...

Payment Numbers on A/P Checks
Why, when running a batch of A/P Checks, are payment numbers skipped? For instance, we ran a small batch of about thirty checks today. All of the payment numbers were sequential until midway through the run and then one number was skipped. The check numbers were fine, but the payment numbers went from PMY0014101 to PMY0014103. On Dec 4, 11:36=A0pm, bjc <b...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Why, when running a batch of A/P Checks, are payment numbers skipped? =A0= For > instance, we ran a small batch of about thirty checks today. =A0All of th= e > payment ...

How can I copy Double-Click event behavior to multiple shapes in Visio
Hi, How can I copy the double-click event behavior to many shapes in my Visio drawing? I'd rather not have to visit the ShapeSheet for each shape and paste the formula into the EventDblClick field, since I have a lot of shapes to do this to. Is there a way to do that? Thanks, Joe Either write some VBA code to set the Dbl-Click property or try Visio's ShapeStudio that comes with the SDK kit. John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/com...