Does anyone process large numbers of customer returns?

Our VAR just confirmed that the Returns Management module doesn't have the
capability to electronically (rather than manually) input the receiving
transactions. This is a deal-breaker for us, since we process large numbers
of returns on a regular basis and it would be prohibitive for us to have an
army of clerks entering the data.

Do any of you currently process (or know of anyone that does) significant
returns through GP? If so, how are they handled - manually, or do you have a
third party solution to do so?

Any info would be appreciated!

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

Bud,

Did you say that the returns were processed in another application?  How is
this return data already available in electronic format?
I suppose you have thought of this already, but here goes:
If your other app can track the Authorization part, then you could simply
create a sales return directly from your data.

"Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our VAR just confirmed that the Returns Management module doesn't have the
> capability to electronically (rather than manually) input the receiving
> transactions. This is a deal-breaker for us, since we process large
> numbers
> of returns on a regular basis and it would be prohibitive for us to have
> an
> army of clerks entering the data.
>
> Do any of you currently process (or know of anyone that does) significant
> returns through GP? If so, how are they handled - manually, or do you have
> third party solution to do so?
>
> Any info would be appreciated!
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2

0
HSalim (1270)

Any way to round using number format codes?
I'd like to have numbers displayed as being rounded up to the next 5000. So, if a cell contains 92,345...I'd like it to display 95,000. Is there any way to do this with just number format codes (instead of with the worksheet fxns?) Thanks in advance. sert Not with format codes. You can display in thousands but not to the nearest 5000. On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 16:15:47 -0400, sert <basurero3@yahoo.com> wrote: >I'd like to have numbers displayed as being rounded up to the >next 5000. > >So, if a cell contains 92,345...I'd like it to display 95,000. > >I...

CID Numbers necessary when processing Discover transactions?
How can the CID number accompany the card number while processing Discover Card transactions? Discover Card, as many may know, now charges a $.50 fee for transactions that are not paired with the CID. (according to Discover, this should be for non-swiped entries but I have heard from some clients that this is occurring for swiped transactions as well) Any assistance is greatly appreciated. We wrote an RMS Plug-in that allows you to enter address & CID/CVV2 numers at the point-of-sale. Please contact TPI Software for more informaton. Thanks, TPI Software, LLC Empowering Businesses t...

Move old emails or emails with large attachments ?
Hello ! I need help in figuring out how to edit the code below (which works) to move SENT items to a separate personal folder called out here. I want to move emails that were sent 90 days ago or older to the personal folder. I also want to move emails that contain attachments that have a size greater than 5 MB. This code will run when called by the user from a Module. I have not figured out yet how to code an IF statement for Outlook yet much less one that requires an OR operator as well. I am using Outlook 2007. Can anyone provide direction for me in this ? thanks ! ...

How to return to current worksheet in a macro
I'm trying to make a macro that copies a few lines from worksheet1 into the current worksheet2. The problem is that the name of worksheet2 can change so I can't use Windows("worksheet2").Activate to return the focus before doing a paste. How do I do this please? Hi normally no need at all for select / activate. use something like worksheets("sheet2").range("A1:A100").copy _ destination:=worksheets("sheet1").range("A1:A100") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "CWatters" <colin.watters@pandoraBOX.be> sch...

anyone knows
presently I am using Excel 2000. For file open I use ^O or open fro file menu, a box appeared from where I can select file for open. Lef side of this box some shortcuts are there to reach a specific locatio such as "History", "Mydocument", "Desktop", "Favorities" etc. I want to add my locations (directory) so that I can reach there fast. How I can do? thanks in advance. S Kara -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can use the Places COM add-in from Microsoft: INFO: Office Developer Samples and Tools Available for Download http:...

Anyone?
Anyone? In news:1121087669.975314.186420@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, Zack Schneeberger <schneebie1@**** > typed: > Anyone? Yes? ...

how to customize the default titlebar of window?
i wanna make app take on a new look instead of windows default style. how to reach this goal? exclude the method of hiding title bar, any new method can reach this goal? thank you. You would have to handle drawing of the title bar by handling WM_NCPAINT message. Drawing would have to include close, minimize, maximize/restore and close buttons. See forums like codeguru or codeproject for code samples. "wen" wrote: > i wanna make app take on a new look instead of windows default style. > how to reach this goal? > exclude the method of hiding title bar, any new method ...

Invoice Numbers #3
I have attempted to install this macro code many times now. I always get an error that tells me that "The number in this cell is formatted as text or preceded with an apostrophe." If I convert to number it just becomes that number and not a sequential one on subsequent reopening. Debugging Highlights the With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Invoice") line. I am at a loss. Regards Dennis Would that be the sequential numbers code from JE MCGimpsey's site? Or some of your own? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 09:32:30 +0800, "D.J.Shaw JP" <djsbiz@...

Setting round numbers for the scale
Hi, My Y-axis scale works out to something like -1.1 to 4.5. The min could be anything (-1.5, 1.29, -0.98). What happens is that the units displayed are then started with the base value of the min, and the result is that in most of the cases, 0 is not one of the ticks. Is there a short-cut wherein we can ensure that 0 is always one of the ticks, and in the above case the ticks start from -1 instead of -1.1, and the range starts from -1.1. -- - Mangesh ------------------------------------------ Office 2003 & Windows XP Hi, How about a work around. Add a dummy data series to the char...

Kill Process in Application Setup?
I have developed a system tray application with VS2008 in C#. Usually, a system tray application is always running. So when a new version of the application is installed using a VS Setup project, a window is displayed that prompts the user to either a) kill the process and click Try Again, b) click continue but the user must restart their system before the new version is available or c) click exit installation. I wanted to make it easier on the user by putting some code in a Custom Action that looks to see if the process is running and if it is kill it. So I wrote the code in an ins...

Anyone know what a
stick graph is? Is it similar to a candlestick graph? Kids have to do one for homework and nobody seems to know what it is! Rob Graham Hi Rob, Is it possibly a xy scatter where the points are not connected to each other but with the x axis. Looks sort of like a column chart with very thin bars. Where the x axis is a value axis and not the usual category type. If so plot your x and y values as a normal scatter chart , points only. The add negative Y error bars to the series. Use custom values and select the y values. This should then drop vertical lines to the x axis. Rob Graham wrote...

Anyone?
I am making a list of names that I will be ranking and need to be able to move them up and down the list frenquently in a timely mannor. How do I create a list that I can click on a name then drag and drop it into another spot on the list, as aposed to cutting and inserting? ...

Has anyone been able to write an if/then formula in excell?
Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, then B35=10/21/04) Hi in cell B35 enter =IF(A5=21,DATE(2004,10,21),"") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "KirkF" <KirkF@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:8E5F75BB-F4F3-4853-97A5-7FEB7AC4C8CB@microsoft.com... > Has anyone been able to write an If/Then formula in Excell? (e.g. If A5=21, > then B35=10/21/04) No. You can't write a formula that will affect another cell. You' need to use VBA code for that -- firefyt ----------------------------...

custom number formating in a merge table?
I am trying to merge fields into a table from an excel file and I would like to formating to appear the same as the excel formating. Some of the formatting in excel is custom ie. if the phone number is 1234567891 I want it to show as (123) 456-7891. How do I do this? See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originall...

select the number of rows using shortcut keys
Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR UPARROW) So what happens when you hit SHIFT + Downarrow? Should move down and select the next row as well as start row. SHIFT + END + Downarrow should select to next blank row. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 05:03:01 -0800, Naidu Samudrala <Naidu Samudrala@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Not able to select the number of rows using shortcut keys (SHIFT+DOWNARROW OR >UPARROW) ...

customize toolbars in Visio 2002
When I attempt to customize a toolbar in Visio 2002 On the command tab when an icon is selcted for a command and the description tab d[ressed the message "help file not found reinstall" comes up. The help file is there and reinstalling does no good. Any suggestions..? ...

Customized Changes to Toolbars
How do you load a customized toolbar? I do know that when you make changes to a toolbar it saves it as the file excel.xlb, but I don't know how to get it back into excel. Thanks. gall Manual customizations to Toolbars and Menus are saved in a file named *.XLB XL2000 and 2002 *.xlb file will be in Documents and Settings\yourname\application data\microsoft\Excel and be Excel9.xlb or Excel10.xlb Excel 97 in C:\Windows and named username.XLB Excel 2003 same as 2000 and 2002 and named Excel11.XLB Perhaps this file is going astray? If on a server, this can happen. Also if on a serve...

Task Number Field Values Disappear on Publishing?
I would like to make use of several task fields (Text, Flag, Number), but on publishing (MS Project Server 2007) the values are set to zeros. I would appreciate any solution or insights with this issue. Leo/North Texas Probably best to repost on the newsgroup dedicated to Project Server: microsoft.public.project.server. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 11/01/10 13:41, ldb wrote: > I would like to make use of several task fields (Text, Flag, Number), > but on publishing (MS Project Server 2007) the values are set to zeros. > > I would appreciate any s...

Customize Combo box Colum Heads?
Is there a way to customize the column headings in a combo/list box? The current column headings are short and confusing and I'd like to give them better names. For example, current Column Name is ADD1. I'd like to use "Address" as the column heading. Thanks. Use a query as the RowSource, and use alias names for the fields: SELECT ADD1 AS Address, NameX AS EmpName, ID AS EmpID FROM YourTableName; The alias names will appear in the combo box's header row. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Mcrawford" <Mcrawford@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Credit Card processing ports on router
Can anyone tell me what ports I need to open on my router for processing Credit Cards on Visanet (Vital)? 443 is the port TSYS runs over. -- Jocelyn "SD" wrote: > Can anyone tell me what ports I need to open on my router for processing > Credit Cards on Visanet (Vital)? ...

unusually large amount not accepted
I ran into what appear to be a bug in Money 2002. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this problem. I entered a new recurring bill (under Biils & Deposits) with an estimated amount of X. I then went to pay the bill online and changed the amount for this payment to about 1.4*X (which was a 5 digit number of $). When I went to submit the payment, I got a dialog box saying that the amount was unusually large; did I want to continue. When I clicked 'yes', it simply returned me to the payment form. I could not get it to pay the bill for the desired amount from the Bills ...

Sumif + Large = headache
turkey leftovers for first elegant solution .. col A col B ------------------- RR 450 SS 350 TT 250 TT 300 RR 450 RR 400 SS 450 TT 500 what i need is formula out in column C that will pick off the largest x values in colunn B based on criteria A. e.g. sumif (large("TT"s, 2) = 800 having trouble isolating the 'TTs' in separate array to put in Large function - want to keep entire table in this order, as formula will be copied down and range will be based on dates in another column TIA =MAX(IF($A$3:$A$10=A3...

Searching for repeated numbers in the same column
In the future, put your question in the body of the message, please. We cannot respond to empty messages (title only). Assume your numbers are in column A, from row 2 down to row 1044 In any available column, put this formula on row 2: =CountIf($A$2:$A$1044,A2) and fill the formula down to row 1044. It will show a value of 1 where the number in column A is unique to the list, it will show a value greater than 1 where multiple occurrences of the number on that row appear in the list. ...

Link "Subject" to a custom entity
Hi All, I'm trying to create a custom entity for call logging for our support help desk but I can't seem to link up the "Subject" to the custom entity. I can link up a case, but not every call will become a case. What am I missing? I've managed to link Accounts and Contacts with no problem. Your help will be much appreciated. Im trying to do exactly the same...what a nightmare!!! Let me know if you get it right and I will do same. EggHeadCafe.com - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Guys, I'd suggest you revisit your business process...

A/R report with customer name and address.
Hi, I would like to create an accounts receivable detailed report that displays the customers name and address but I need the name and address to be grouped together as in a mailing label rather than being individual coumns. Thanks. ...