documents in transaction inquiry should default to date

When first entering the Payables Transaction Inquiry - Vendors screen, the
documents section is defaulted to "by document number." It would be extremely
helpful to have the option of being able to change the Documents default to
"by Document Date."

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8f50a21e-8413-4908-ac9c-fbd5d5ad056b&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Ap2964 (7)

redirect my documents
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello, How can I change the folder when my user want to insert an attachment?? = I would like to use an especific folder.. can I to do this?? thks, Jane ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C60228.32B5F210 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> &l...

Sequencial dates in a column
Excell 2000: In a column I want to enter dates in sequencial order such as: 01JN04 02JN04 03JN04 Is there a way to have the numbers self generate the next sequencial date rather than enter each individualy? I'm new to Excell Hi, EDF. If these are true dates (in your format), you should be able to select the last 2, then put your cursor over the lower right corner (cursor turns to + ) and drag down. jeff >-----Original Message----- >Excell 2000: In a column I want to enter dates in >sequencial order such as: >01JN04 >02JN04 >03JN04 > >Is there a way to have...

date calculation issues
I need a formula that will calculate future dates for me. If I were to insert todays date,(as an example) 13-june-2005 into excel, I need it to calculate 6 weeks, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, 3 years and 4 years ahead of the date specified. On top of this, the future dates cannot land on a weekend or a holiday. I am aware of the workday function which is part of the Analysis tool pack but i am unsure how to use it. -- mike richard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ mike richard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&user...

Retrieve document that was closed as Document 1?
I had a three page Word document still titled as Document 1 that I accidently closed before remembering I wanted to keep the first page. I had not saved the document before closing so if I select a Word document again I will get Document 1 but it will be blank. Is there any way I can retrieve this document? Frank C. If you didn't save it there's nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web s...

Activity default due time
I need to stop the default coming up as 12:00am and set it to something like 9am so people get reminders at reasonable times. How can this be done? thanks Adrian Adrian, If you don't mind writing a few lines of code, look at "Setting a default time in a date field" in Client Side Scripting - More JavaScript Code - Part 3 (http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS12). -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The ...

changing default fill for balck and white pie graph
Working in excel 2003, I have created a black and white pie graph and want to change the fill options for each slice of the pie. Excel defaults are not pleasing to me Hi, You need to select the pie, pause and then select the slice. CTRL+1 to display format dialog. On the Patterns tab you can use the Fill Effects button to select appropriate pattern. Repeat to other slices. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "fish head" <fish head@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCE6DE23-176C-4C33-8F56-C5FF20BB123B@microsoft.com....

Open documents in new window
I recently uninstalled an add-in (Office Tab), and since then all instances of Word 2007 (on XP SP3) open in the same window, rather than in new windows, which is my preference. I'm pretty sure I remember having to change it to the "open in new window" for the default setting a couple of years ago when I first started using 2007, but can't seem to find out how that is done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David uncheck the Windows in Taskbar in the View dialog under office menu under the Microsoft Office Button. Hope this helps DeanH &quo...

FRx reporting dates
Can someone tell me how to report on only Jan data in FRx? I have reconciled the GL and run Check Links in GP, and set the date in FRx to C-1 and it continues to display Feb amounts along with Jan. I also entered Efffective Dates for the column format. Nothing I try eliminates Feb. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Patti Update: we found the setting that was causing this. Under Report Options>Advanced, you must unselect "Include amounts in future periods"! Another gotcha stikes again! Thanks anyway Patti "Patti" wrote: > Can so...

Date Formula #4
I have the following formula in a cell that is referencing B31 (a date field). Can anybody tell me why this does not work. I have tried over and under etc etc. In other words if I input 01/01/2003 the result does not change??? =IF($B$31>1/15/2003,0,D21) Thanks Frank Frank, try =IF($B$31>DATEVALUE("15-Jan-2003"),0,D21) What you are getting at the moment is:- 1 divided by 15 divided by 2003 giving a result of0.0000332834082210018 which is not what you're after. Remember slash is for division. Dates in IF tests have to be converted using a function. regards, J...

Transaction Log Retention
How long should I keep a copy SQL transaction logs on the server? I am trying to plan capacity for my new install of GP 10. Allen, There's a System Admin Guide in Printable Manuals that outlines recommended backup procedures. Go Help>Printable Manuals>System>System Admininstrator's Guide. Good luck, Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Typically we see companies keeping somewhere between 2 days and a week of backups directly on the server. That's both full db backups and transaction logs. Anything beyond that is kept of...

Why do I get a blank page when trying to print Avery Document 516.
I have the labels ready to go. Using Microsoft Word. When I try to print the labels, I get a blank page. I tried two printers, HP and Brother. Same thing with both. Any suggestions? Check the font formatting. Make sure that it is not hidden. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "bburkesj" <bburkesj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B881C096-C3F6-475B-B00A-F75C2DED0D73@microsoft.c...

Auto FIll Weekdays dates
Hi All, I need to create a spreadsheet that automatically fills in the dates(weekdays only) across the top. There are six separate periods to be inputted. The user inputs the start and end date of each period. Any ideas? TIA Tera ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Tera, Put in the first date. Right-drag the Fill Handle, and select "Fill Weekdays." XL2002. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------------------...

Microsoft Documentation
Hi, I came across this http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966E88-1377-4D1A-BE86-AB77014495F4&displaylang=en#top page which is the Technical Overview of DirectAccess. Is their like a central link that one can go to and find other technical overviews of other products which maybe of interest? Thanks "biren" <biren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75543666-0178-4559-9D60-01E16B1E3428@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I came across this > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=64966...

Changing the Zoom to open a document in 100%
When I open a particular document on my computer it automatically shows it at 100% Zoom. However, my boss has a problem showing the document on his computer at less than 100%. He would like to change it so that he does not have to adjust it at 100% every time he opens the document. Can you tell me how this could be done? Do you really want the zoom changed to 100% or do you want it so that he can see the same columns as you see? If you want to set the zoom to 100%, you can do something like this in your auto_open (or workbook_open) code: Option Explicit Sub auto_open() Dim wks ...

Average exchange rate in the MC Summary Inquiry window
Can someone please explain to me how GP comes up with the average exhange rate in this window? We have a new US account that only has 2 months worth of data. If I choose period 8, net change, the average is 1.32 and is right because we only had one rate used for the whole month, period 9, net change, the average is 1.32 and is right because we only had one rate used for the whole month, then for period 10 it is 1.28, because we only had one rate for the whole month. If I then change it to period balance, it's showing 1.3635902 (period 8 and 9 period balances are correct at 1.32)....

open the document instead of the inquiry window
When adding a PO to a service call, we click the PO number and it opens the PO inquiry screen. We need it to open the actual PO/document screen so the addresses can be modified as needed, etc. Is there a setting somewhere in GP to allow this? ...

Saving an Excel document after moving additional worksheets to it
I have a 'master' spreadsheet that I would like to add additional tabs to. I'm not having any problems moving the worksheets into the document but when I try to save the file its not happening. I have tried renaming the file, saving to a pen drive but nothing seems to be working. I seem to be able to save the first worksheet but then reopening and saving additional worksheets without success. Would anyone have any idea why I am unable to save the file.....thanks ...

Move pages from document to document?

Counting Selected Dates
In a separate cell I want to count each unique date in the following column of dates starting with cell x700. The answer would be three. I could use a little help with this, thanks. 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/30/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 1/31/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 2/1/10 Hi Jim One way would be to use a helper column. In cell Y700 enter =IF(X700="","",IF(COUNTIF($X$700:X700,X700)>1,"",1)) Copy down as far as required and then the result is =SUM...

why does wrord change the origianl date when I open a saved doc
I do not want word to change the date of a saved doc when i open it I assume that the reason is that you have inserted a date field which shows the system date. What you need to do is change those date fields for createdate fields - ALT+F9 change { DATE } or { TIME \@ "d MMM yyyy" } to { CREATEDATE \@ "d MMM yyyy" } then F9 and ALT+F9 - and change the date in your letterhead template so that future letters based on it show the correct dates. The switch \@ "d MMM yyyy" may be different at your location. See http://www.gmayor.com/stop_automat...

Where is documentation of VBA Chart properties and methods?
Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. Never mind. I realized that the Excel VBA help file was not installed. Sorry about the dumb questions. "Hmmm..." <blahbla@blahl.com> wrote in message news:1wDRa.106421$Io.9109532@newsread2.prod.itd.earthlink.net... > Where can I find documentation listing all of the Excel VBA Chart properties > and methods? An internet site, or a good book maybe? Thanks. > > ...

Move a document from an offline printer queue to an online queue?
Running under Vista Home Premium SP2. I have three printers installed: One online that I want to use, one offline that I use only occasionally, and one at my dad's house that I use when I use my PC on his network. The online printer is the default, of course. I'm not sure how I did it, but I have a few documents that went to the wrong printer queues. Assume for the sake of argument that I can't reprint those documents. Is there a way I can transfer them from the wrong queues to the online printer? I'm smart enough not to consciously select a different prin...

Filter Default on the Opportunities Associated View?
Does anyone know how to change the filter default on the Opportunities Associated View? Within Accounts, it defaults to "Open"... and I would like to change the default to "All". Any ideas? Don't know if you've already solved this but here's the answer: Go to "Settings" and then "Customization" and then "Customize Entities". Doubleclick the entity you want to change eg. "Opportunities" Then click "Forms and Views" on the left and click the view you want to be the default so that the row is selected. Cli...

How to dsiplay Word Document inside a control in WinForms Applicat
Can I display word document in Windows Form Panel Control or any other control ? Here objective is not display word document as seperate application but show the word document inside the windows Form. Thanks, --Israr Hi, I think we can do this using OLE control(VB). Thanks, Senthil. S -- senthilkumarabi ...

My documents
Hello all, Vaguely I remember the is a global (windows) variable which points to the 'My Documents' path. Because users may change the default path C:\My Documents, I can not use that path to save a file from Access. Can someone help me out. Thx, Ludovic Open a command prompt, and type: set Use Environ() in your code. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Vsn" <vsn at hotmail> wrote in message news:eqcTzkZ1HHA.5992@TK2M...