Do not require Order Management users to have domain accounts

The current release of order management requires users to login it to the
network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information
for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder
clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs
to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the
creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order
product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3da4cc88-f1a2-4b86-9753-0fbdc40be4e1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
RichWheeler (196)

Rich,,

Look to Nodus Technologies to provide a solution that will take care of this
scenario. www.nodus.com

Asher

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> The current release of order management requires users to login it to the
> network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information
> for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder
> clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs
> to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the
> creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order
> product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!!
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3da4cc88-f1a2-4b86-9753-0fbdc40be4e1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Asher (9)
9/27/2006 8:43:02 PM
Asher, this is why we resell both Nodus and Keyora. The MS GP offering is
completely usell.

"Asher" wrote:

> Rich,,
>
> Look to Nodus Technologies to provide a solution that will take care of this
> scenario. www.nodus.com
>
> Asher
>
> "Rich Wheeler" wrote:
>
> > The current release of order management requires users to login it to the
> > network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information
> > for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder
> > clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs
> > to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the
> > creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order
> > product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!!
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3da4cc88-f1a2-4b86-9753-0fbdc40be4e1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
RichWheeler (196)
9/27/2006 10:11:01 PM
Hi Rich,

I agree with you there, which is why Nodus has made sure their eCommerce
line can enale thei customers to go-Live within two weeks.

"Rich Wheeler" wrote:

> Asher, this is why we resell both Nodus and Keyora. The MS GP offering is
> completely usell.
>
> "Asher" wrote:
>
> > Rich,,
> >
> > Look to Nodus Technologies to provide a solution that will take care of this
> > scenario. www.nodus.com
> >
> > Asher
> >
> > "Rich Wheeler" wrote:
> >
> > > The current release of order management requires users to login it to the
> > > network domain to be able to place orders and see specific order information
> > > for their company. This is unacceptable and will require all my eOrder
> > > clients to search for another eCommerce store front. This requirement needs
> > > to be removed as quickly as possible. No IT manager is going to allow the
> > > creation of a domain account into their network just so a customer can order
> > > product. What were you thinking when this was designed!!!!
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3da4cc88-f1a2-4b86-9753-0fbdc40be4e1&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Asher (9)

DPM2010 RTM
I'm trying to setup SMTP without authentication however it always returns the error ID 2013 logon failure. 2007 worked fine, can 2010 send alert with anonymous SMTP? Can you check if you can send mail using some other tool(powershell has send mail equivalent command) from the DPM machine to send an email using the same account? -- Thanks, Praveen D [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. DPM Newsgroup will be deprecated very soon. Please start using DPM TechNet forum at:http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en...

KB Manager view, can't customized?
I can only see [Number] [Subject] and [Title] on the KB Manager view, can I add some column? There's only unsupported way to customize the KB Manager view. There's a SavedQueryBase table in MSCRM database where the views are stored. The Name column identifies the view, and there are several other columns storing XML which describes the view itself, the print view and the Excel export view. Hth, Janos "CEO" wrote: > I can only see [Number] [Subject] and [Title] on the KB Manager view, can I > add some column? Thanks Borsics, But how can I add a columnn in KB m...

BP-System Requirements
Does anyone know where I can find more detail information on Web Server requirements for Business Portal? I'm looking for more detail on user access. We are talking about 400 users accessing it. What's the best approach? How many users per web server? Any help out there ... thanks Yes, there was a session at Convergence on this topic. If you have access to the Convergence site, go to https://www.msconvergence.com/downloads.aspx and scroll down to GP09 Planning for your Business Portal Implementation and Deployment. There is a zip file with a TON of good information. &quo...

RMS2.0 and Accounting 2007 Integration
Is anybody working on integration betwwen 2007 Accounting and RMS? Will RMS 1.3 work w/ 2007 Accounting? Will 2006 Acoomting work w RMS 1.3 VIA the Connector? Is there a SP1 for RMS2.0 like POS2.0? Will RMS2.0 work w 2006 Accounting using Connector? "Brettp" wrote: > Is anybody working on integration betwwen 2007 Accounting and RMS? > Will RMS 1.3 work w/ 2007 Accounting? > Will 2006 Acoomting work w RMS 1.3 VIA the Connector? > Is there a SP1 for RMS2.0 like POS2.0? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_015A_01C7CA36.88469400 Content-Ty...

Purchase order Required
I would like to see a checkbox option in the customer screen Purchase Order number Required. Currently, there is nothing in SOP forcing you to enter data into the PO field. This in turn causes payment delays when a PO # is left off an order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree&q...

Displaying the domain name
When a user signs on to their outlook account it prompts them for the password. On some of the pc's the domain name displays automatically, but on some is is blank and the user has to type it in. Where do you enter the domain name so that it will display in the outlook signon? Thanks. ...

Collections Management Subject Line
Customer wanting to be able to edit other information like Subject Line using the Collections Management Letter Maintenance window (Cards | Sales | Collection Letters) so that once they email predefined letters, the subject line will be other than: "Collection Letters". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsre...

Account Statement XML mod
Does any one if a PO number (originally entered as a POS transaction comment) can be added to statement.xml? I would like to add it in a separate column or as an extention of Details. Thank you in advance... Ian, You need to change AccountStatement.Activities.Details to AccountStatement.Activities.FullDetails this will print the Transaction Comment for each transaction. In order to modify the Statement.xml file it is best to first make a copy of the file and rename the copy to something else i.e. FullDetailStatement.xml, then right click on the file and uncheck ReadOnly. Then right...

List of Accounts with no Contacts?
I want to generate a list of accounts with no contacts, which is apparently not possible using advanced find. I can't figure out which table links accounts and contacts. Has anyone done this? Thanks! Somethin like this: select a.name, a.accountid from FilteredAccount as a where a.accountid not in (select c.accountid from FilteredContact as c) -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup -----------------------------------------...

outlook: 4 Millions Domains data with Category
Successfull Internet and Direct Marketing products on www.promotionsite.net * NEW * DOMUS Domains Toolkit Fall 2004 - Unique on the Net 4 Millions "Whois" Domains data with Expiration Date and Category*. Ultimate Version (October 2004) - Our best rate starts from US *$149*. A wonderful tool for Internet and Direct Marketing. Available in Basic, Advanced and Full Editions. It contains a domain database with 4 millions *FRESH* October 2004 New records .com, .net, .org. 4 Gigabytes MS Excel data zipped on CD-Roms/Dvd. Compression 3:1. MS Excel or Text tab del...

New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at all - either from its AD parent or from its par...

repost: outlook.exe/winword.exe linger in task manager
Hi there Please can you help with this problem ... I'm using Word as my email editor. When I close Outlook (as just before I shut down my machine), I notice that both Word and Outlook linger in the Task Manager. I can't open either Outlook or Word again without ending both processes in the Task Manager, and my machine takes a bit of time to shut down (at least an extra minute before each process must be manually ended). When I use Active Ports or similar utility, I notice that Outlook continues to communicate with the Exchange Server for some time (hours) after I have closed it down...

C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester
C#.Net developer required by direct client in Manchester - NH Duration: FTE/Direct Hire or Contract to Hire/Temp to Perm Location: Manchester, NH *** IN_PERSON interview required***** * design and develop robust, high level web applications using C#, ASP.Net and SQL Server. * Ability to handle UI, middleware and backend application development and de-bugging of applicaitons * quality control of application developed * responsible for coordination of application development with on-site and off-site development team * Business Liaison with vendors and stake holders Required Skills: C#, ASP....

About Purchase Order Number Type
Would there be any ways to handle different automatic number series for Standard Purchase Order rather than manually changing it during input? Alexis, GP only offers one numbering sequence for Purchase Orders, so this is not possible without either manually changing the numbers of a customization. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "Alexis" <Alexis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B457E787-1F8A-4F14-8A69-CA3CE3AF578C@microsoft.com... > Would there be any ways to handle different automatic number series for > Standard Purcha...

Cell format requires manual edit
I have a problem with changing the format of a pure number in a cell formatted as a text. After the type is changed to a number (actually it's changed to special - 000000), the cell refuses to change until after the cell is edited (with or without changes) and the ENTER key is pressed. Is there an easy way around this? A similar thing happens with a cell has a special enter character. Editing the cell and pressing enter changes the cell format to word wrap and to recognize the special character, though the character is not usually desired. I know how to delete the special characters wi...

Demoting a 2003 Domain Controller Hosting SQL Server
We have a 2-node Windows Server 2003 cluster, with both nodes as domain controllers and running clustered SQL Server 2003. I realise this goes against all good practice, and that is partly why I am trying to do the following. We additionally have two Windows Server 2008 R2 domain member servers, which we wish to make domain controllers. We then wish to demote the two existing WS2003 DCs. Is there any reason why I wouldn't be able to demote the 2003 DCs whilst they are hosting SQL Server 2003? I can stop the instance service, but I wouldn't want to uninstall SQL Serv...

urgent requirement for project leader/apm required
hi, we are having urgent requirement for one of our client cmmi level5 company in hyd and chennai. if u r intrested send me ur updated resume gangadhar.sadhu@optionsindia.com Skill Microsoft Technologies Job Description Project Leader / APM required: Minimum 6 years experience out of which 2/3 years as PL / APM Education MCA / BE / Computer Science Graduates Technology - Microsoft VB / ASP .Net exposure - RDBMS - Oracle / SQL Server Experience in development & implementation in following Domains: Financial Costing Purchase & Inventory Sales Automation Payroll HR ...

Managing desktop shortcuts
Hi, I have a computer with windows 2003 like terminal server. I would like customize the desktop for groups, how could configure it using GPO? The issue is that I want configure shortcuts for groups, some users will have its shortcuts and another users other shortcuts ... I want that each user has its shortcuts to the applications that they go to use, but it would using groups with its common applications. Thanks beforehand Howdie! Am 18.05.2010 21:56, schrieb Oliver: > I have a computer with windows 2003 like terminal server. I would like > customize the desktop for...

Biz Unit Admin Can't view Account Shared Users
We have several Biz Units and have set up admin users for each of these BU's. They have rols unlimited rights for their BU and any child BU's. We have found that they can share an account or contact but when they go to view the shared into, no users show up. Giving them the system admin role allows them to see the shared users, however, this also gives them access to account and contact info for the entire organization. If anyone can help ... that would be great. Mike Hi Mike, What level are the users at? Have they been assigned to the root - organization level or are th...

Set Tab Order
Is their a way to set the tab order in an Excel spreadsheet when I have protected the sheet - so you skip over locked cells to get to only the uprotected cells? Hi in the protection dialog uncheck 'select locked cells' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:13a4701c44434$ad8773a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is their a way to set the tab order in an Excel > spreadsheet when I have protected the sheet - so you skip > over locked cells to get to only the uprotected cells? ...

Can't remove non existent tape library from DPM Management tab
We had an autoloader to die a few weeks back which we removed and replaced with a new unit. After following the instructions to bring the new unit on line (rescan, etc.) I now see the new autoloader under the Management -> Libraries tab (cool!). However, I also still see the old unit as well in the "offline" state. I want to remove the old unit but I can't see any way to do this from the DPM management console. What is the best way to remove the old (dead) autoloader from DPM? Thanks! Jeff Hi Jeff, DPM will list offline libraries if any protection group...

Creating a new account
When I create a new mailbox in Exchange 2003 (after creating a new account in active directory), I end up having to assign all sorts of permissions to the new account so that the user can send email. Is there any way that this can be automatically done during mailbox setup? Some of the permissions that I have to set are to the Exchange Service Account, Exchange Domain Servers, Enterprise Admins, etc etc. This is so not normal. :) Have you run ExBPA against the environment? Sounds like your permissions need a tune-up. Missy "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Prevent user to close tabbed form
rI use the tabbed form layout in access 2007, i.e. I went to Access options ->current database and chose "Tabbed documents". One form is a startup fom and the main menu of my application. By right-clicking on the main menu tab the user can choose "Close" and the main menu is shut down. How can I prevent the user from closing down the main menu form of my application? Regards On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:56:07 -0700, Tore <tore@nospam.nospam> wrote: I would argue that if they close it, you should close the whole application. If we prevent the user fro...

CRM Live! sending email from browser using Windows Live account
How can we send email from within CRM Live using the same Windows Live passport/email account that we use to log into CRM Live! Is there a completely HOSTED way to handle outbound and inbound email with CRM Live? We changed the user settings to Email Router but that since doesn't appear to facilitate email handling from within CRM Live. Any comments, ideas? Thanks. Don Email sent from the CRM server is sent via the email that is configured in the System User profile record in CRM. -- Matt Parks MVP - Dynamics CRM "Don-B" <DonB@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

insert control to parent at reverse order.
Hello. I see that, when insert controls to the same parent on the following way : control1.parent = commonParent control2.parent = commonParent commonParent.controls(0) ' this is coltrol1 commonParent.controls(1) ' this is control2 But, when I am doing so on design time, the order is reversed (and that what's I need). commonParent.controls(0) ' this is coltrol2 commonParent.controls(1) ' this is control1 How can I insert into the parent, the controls with reverse-order? Thanks :) Design time and runtime is not different in VB versions newer th...