Discounts and write-offs #2

Is there a way to prevent a user from entering a discount based on the terms
at the time they are entering a cash receipt?

Example a customer has terms and an SOP transaction with terms of Net 30.
The customer short pays the invoice and the person entering the cash receipt
enters the variance to discounts when it should really be a short-pay.

Thanks.

Can you mark the short pay account to 'do not allow entry' and then be sure
the correct default account is setup on the customer or at company posting.
You could a VBA script if you have modifier or the customization site license.
You could use conditional field level security (by Rockton Software).
Should this individual ever be posting stuff to this account? You could also
set an alert if anyone uses this account.

A couple of ideas - I'm sure there are more out there.

"6538" wrote:

> Is there a way to prevent a user from entering a discount based on the terms
> at the time they are entering a cash receipt?
>
> Example a customer has terms and an SOP transaction with terms of Net 30.
> The customer short pays the invoice and the person entering the cash receipt
> enters the variance to discounts when it should really be a short-pay.
>
> Thanks.

0
LeslieVail (702)
11/9/2007 12:18:01 PM
I like the idea of an alert - I don't think the customer has any modifier.
And I totally agree that it is a training/company policy issue, but that
didn't seem to be an option for when I suggested they re-train the user
never to enter discounts.

I'll suggest the alert and see what they say.  Thank you.

"6538" <beach_house1990@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to prevent a user from entering a discount based on the
> terms
> at the time they are entering a cash receipt?
>
> Example a customer has terms and an SOP transaction with terms of Net 30.
> The customer short pays the invoice and the person entering the cash
> receipt
> enters the variance to discounts when it should really be a short-pay.
>
> Thanks.

Organizational Forms #2
Hi all, Does anyone know how I can get the orgazational forms in my exchange 5.5 organization moved to another server or migrated to a new Exchange 2003 system? Right now, if you click new (message), "Choose Form", the default orgizational forms library has many forms that have been customized for our use. We are about to do a parallel migration to 2003 both AD and Exchange and I want to make sure I can get these moved over and verify that they will still work with 2003? Thanks Joe just replicate the forms folder to the new server... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "TA-J...

Publisher 2003? #2
I am working in Pub 2003 and want to know how to put headers in for individual chapters in a manual I am creating, other then doing it page by page. Is there a way to do that? ...

How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in the. #2
How do I add consecutive numbers but start over at a break in them. I'm trying to calculate consecutive days of attendance. One might have had 20 days in a row missed one and then I need to start over. Thanks. Does this work for you? Attendance starting in A1. In B1 enter: =--(A1>0) In B2 enter: =(A2>0)*(1+B1) And drag down to copy as needed. -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! -------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Calendar events #2
Hi, Does anyone know how I can clean up my Outlook calendar without deleting the old events one by one? Thx, Not sure which version of Outlook you're using? You didn't say.....however, in Outlook 2003 you can use AutoArchive to archive items in your Calendar which are older than a specified time (Make sure you're in Folder List view, right-click on your Calendar, select Properties, AutoArchive, and select your AutoArchive options). Hope that helps :-) Cheers, Lee YMan <yman@aaaaa.com> wrote: > Does anyone know how I can clean up my Outlook calendar without > ...

report for discount
hey everyone, is there anybody who has a report that shows which cashier gave how much discount in the day or something close to it. thank you shoby ...

Pie chart #2
Good day everybody, I hope someone can help me and my colleague. We are trying to do a pie chart. A pie chart allows data label option of : * none * Show value * Show percent * Show label * Show label and percent But we would like to show pie charts with the following option : 1. label, value and percent 2. value and percent Is both possible? Thank you in advance and have a nice day. Best regards, Julie Put whatever you want in a separate range of cells and use Rob Bovey's free add-in, XY Chartlabeler, downloadable from www.appspro.com. For example, suppose the labels are in A2...

Outlook 2003 Forwarding Rule forwarding only one message of batch #2
Apply this rule after the message arrives from x@x and with Drop Ship Order in the subject and on this machine only forward it to y@y and move it to the X folder and mark it as read Unfortunately, if I open outlook and receive 10 messages from the sender that matches this rule, only 1 out of those 10 e-mails is forwarded on! All 10 messages move to the X folder. I found this KB article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q258787/ But the subject lines are unique, they are in the form: Fwd: FW: PO# 12345 - Drop Ship Order Fwd: FW: PO# 54321 - Drop Ship Order They are definately very simi...

Copying Conditional Formatting #2
I am currently using Excel 2003. I have set a cell to have conditional formatting based on the result of another cell. How can I copy this logic to another cell - with the logic in the cells changing (like a formula)? For example: color cell C4 red if A4 is 10 -> copy this to C5 with dependency on A5, and etc... -> Basically, I want to color every cell in Column C red if the value in Column A is 10 without going into every cell in the column and making the dependency changes respectively. Thanks in advance. Deluth. Hi, When you setup the Conditional Formatting and select...

Tag Heuer Aquaracer Diamonds Mens Watch WAF111D.BA0810 Recommendation Discount Watches
Tag Heuer Aquaracer Diamonds Mens Watch WAF111D.BA0810 Recommendation Discount Watches Tag Heuer Aquaracer Diamonds Mens Watch WAF111D.BA0810 Site: http://tag-heuer-watches.pxhelp.com/TAG-Heuer-wristwatch-7044.html Thank you for choosing http://www.pxhelp.com/ Quality TAG Heuer Watches: http://tag-heuer-watches.pxhelp.com/ Tag Heuer Aquaracer Diamonds Mens Watch WAF111D.BA0810 AdditionalInfo : Watches Brand : TAG Heuer Watches ( http://tag-heuer-watches.pxhelp.com/ ) Gender : Mens Model : tag-heuer-aquaracer-watch-waf111dba0810 Also Called : WAF111D.BA0810 WAF111...

Setting Macro to save write-restricted workbook
Hello, I have a macro that is built to 1)update a report daily, then 2)save it to two different locations (into two workbooks). I need both to be password protected to modify. The end of the macro looks something like this: ChDir "G:\WIL" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "G:\WIL\Wrkbk.xls", _ FileFormat:=xlNormal, Password:="", WriteResPassword:="orange", _ ReadOnlyRecommended:=False, CreateBackup:=True ChDir "G:\FRE" ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:= _ "G:\FRE\Wrkbk.xls" _ , Fi...

Units #2
does excel recognize unit? if so which ones? is ther a good way t define them yourself? thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com AFAIK Excel can only use decimal numbers. However, these can be used an displayed in various ways depending on how you wish to interpret them eg. date and time. Have a look at the categories in the Format/Cell dialog. Have a look at the CONVERT() worksheet function in Excel Help (require the Analysis Toolpack to be installed) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

How do I compare 2 worksheets, 1 old, 1 updated to find difference
I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the first, I need to identify/highlight the updated fields. Is there a way to do this? There is a workbook compare add-in by Myrna Larsen and Bill Manville on Chip Pearson's site you might try: http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "alienstew" <alienstew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1CD24D8-93AB-47CA-AAF0-708A4D3EA14C@microsoft.com... |I have 2 large worksheets of text information, the 2nd being an update of the | first, I need to identify/highlig...

delete dupl from 1 table that match table 2
I have 2 tables joined by an acct # but diff data in the 2 other columns. I want to delete the row of information from table A that have a matching acct # in table b. ie: appl acct # amount (table a) appl acct # amount (table b) b 1234 $1.00 b 1234 $5.00 c 111 $1.00 c 12345 $5.00 c 1001 $2.00 c 1001 $3.00 want to delete rows from table a. for accts #1234 & #1001 DELETE [Table A].[Acct #] ...

Can I retrieve a lost/deleted Directory? #2
I am going to send this again because it's been over an hour and it hasn't showed up yet. Thanks "Mike" wrote in message news:... > Today I noticed a directory is missing. It was there yesterday. I suspect > my 8 year old granddaughter had something to do with it. Is there a way to > retrieve it? It was in a subdirectory of my Inbox. There were also two > other directories within this subdirectory. Thanks for any help. > > I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 (10.6515. 6735) SP3 > Hi Mike, Have you checked your Deleted Items. it may be there? --...

SUBTOTALS IN EXCEL #2
I am running EXCEL 2003 in Windows XP. When setting up and/or retrieving subtotals, I am getting a very slow response, -it sometimes takes a few minutes. I alsi experience very slow response when inserting page breaks, and pageing down ...

Get 20% Discount On Data Conversion Services By Offshore Data Entry
Data Conversion Services offer cost effective data conversion projects, Outsourcing Data Conversion, advantages of data entry conversion services at offshore data entry in India. Outsourcing your data entry services to help in effectively managing your business by eliminating risks, reducing costs, and boost up your business growth, so you concentrate on your core business. Do visit us at http://www.offshoredataentry.com/dataconversionservices.htm, to know more about our Offshore Data Entry Services and avail our services at affordable rates. E-mail Us: info@offshoredataentry.com Voice (Indi...

Poor fit-to-page printouts #2
How come cell contents become non-printable when the printout is fit to the page? We have worksheets that display and print fine at 100%, but print poorly when fit to the page. In fact, the problem is evident in the print preview even before printing. Shouldn't the program simply reduce all elements so they will print as in normal mode only smaller? For example, in one sheet we have a column of phone numbers formatted with the special format for phone numbers. The column is plenty wide and contains more blank space per cell, including the contents, than many other cells. Notwithst...

Outlook Security Error #2
We are having some problems with Outlook 2002(xp) giving us an error message when we try to send delivery confirmations. The error message says: A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? If this is unexpected, it may be avirus and you should choose "No" I have used the Office XP Resource Kit and created a top level folder in our public folders tree named Outlook 10 Security folder and then I set the Custom Security Settings. I also added the registry key to the desktop but I am still getting the error message. Is the...

Pivot Table fields #2
Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at one time and have them refresh that way, rather than having to select each column and choose the format options? Thanks CLou: I think the solution for you is to open the Pivot Table Toolbar and select the Field Settings icon. This sets the format for all results for that particular field. One limitation that I haven't found a way around is getting a preferred column size to "stick" and not reset after a table refresh. Bruce >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to format multiple pivot table fields at ...

Funky write access to network drives
I'm having some baffling behavior on a computer and I need some help. I have a new computer that I setup that is acting strange. Every time I try write files to a network drive while logged into my domain it begins to copy and then fails. If I copy a group of small files several files will successfully write and then it fails at a random file. If I copy a large file it will begin and then fail. I've tried all kinds of files from different locations on my local hard drive. I can copy files from the network onto my local hard drive. I have roaming profiles turned on. S...

Restoring Money 2005 #2
This is my last resort before scrapping the program. I have used Microsoft Money since around 2000. I have just had a new PC built and I am at the stage where I am pulling my hair out with restoring my back up file having spent around 4 or 5 hours solid. This palavour has happened before when I have had any changes like new hard drives etc, eventually after some cursing and swearing it eventually works. I get the following message: Money can't locate c\program files\microsoft money 2005\money etc, or cannot open it possibly because it is a read only file etc etc. Why can't yo...

Discount for the Entire department
How do I set discount for the entire department instead of individual items? we give 10% off on any 10+ bottles of Wine, so if I setup the discount on individual items, it gives disoucnt only when customer buys same 10 bottles only... I want to change this so it gives discount on any 10+ wines.. Hi TCWS...you can use a mix and match quantity discount scheme and apply it to all the items in your "wine" department - the assumptions here are that you have created a "wine" department and all your wine items have been assigned to that wine department. First create your w...

Excel Macro #2
Excel tip needed. I "recorded" a quick little macro for an Excel report and now I want to send this file out to customers. But everytime you open it, you are asked if you want to disable or enable the macros due to viruses. Is there a way to keep this macro, but not have customers get this message? Thanks! Hi Derek! No need to post to more than one group. This involves changing your customer's security settings. Post the details of the macro and it might be possible to achieve the same objectives without it. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njha...

Opportunity Product Discounts
Hi, I may be missing something here, but If I add a new product to an opportunity using the "New Opportunity Product" form, is there a way to allow the pricing to be determined by the salesperson. I.e. to override list price on an ad-hoc basic. I know you can do this in the quotes, but this affects forcasting. I would like the sales people to be able to add the line items using ad-hoc prices, and have the opportunity recalculate. I.e Not have to have the sales person estimate the likely invoice revenue. Also is there a way to write-in new produts at this stage, like there is on t...

Need help writing stored procedure
TraineeInfo Table TrainID Fname Lname 1 Barbara Johnson 1 Barbara Johnson Training Table TrainID Loc TrainDate Times MaxRmSize 1 ClassA 2010-07-26 00:00:00.000 2:00 25 2 ClassB 2010-07-26 00:00:00.000 11:00 15 3 ClassC 2010-07-26 00:00:00.000 10:00 25 I wrote this and it gives me select count(*) as SeatsTaken from TraineeInfo where TrainID='1' Seats Taken = 2 How can I show SeatsLeft = 23? On Jul 19, 11:14=A0am, jj297 <nchildress...@gmail.com> wrote: > TraineeInfo Table > > TrainID =A0 =A0 =A0Fname ...