Disabl/Block Freight Field For No Charge Orders

We have some specific customers and/or occasional orders where we do
not charge freight.
While this may be known by the order entry personnel it may be missed
at the time of invoicing 3 weeks later.  Is it possible to
disable/block the field so an amount can't be entered?

0
doug5715 (39)

Doug-
We have a Shareware package that we provide free to the Dynamics GP
community that has the controls you are looking for.  You can set up
customers who never get freight (the field is always locked), and/or you can
lock the freight field on a per-document basis.

Please contact support@KlenzmanConsulting.com and we'll send you a copy.

Regards,
Brenner

"Doug" wrote:

> We have some specific customers and/or occasional orders where we do
> not charge freight.
> While this may be known by the order entry personnel it may be missed
> at the time of invoicing 3 weeks later.  Is it possible to
> disable/block the field so an amount can't be entered?

0
bklenzman (99)
4/1/2006 10:45:01 AM
Doub - we have a collection of small Dynamics GP tweaks that includes the
ability to conditionally lock the Freight field.  Please contact
support@KlenzmanConsulting.com for more information.

Regards,
Brenner

"Doug" wrote:

> We have some specific customers and/or occasional orders where we do
> not charge freight.
> While this may be known by the order entry personnel it may be missed
> at the time of invoicing 3 weeks later.  Is it possible to
> disable/block the field so an amount can't be entered?

0
bklenzman (99)

Disable BU
A really quick one for you. If I disable a BU in MSCRM, does the corresponding OU in Active Directory become disabled? I think the answer probably 'No' as I actually cannot find a way to disable the OU manually and therefore cannot check, but if anyone has a definitive answer I would be grateful. Regards Peter John - thanks for your help. Regards Peter >-----Original Message----- >No, disabling BU in CRM will not disable corresponding OU in the AD, just like dissabling CRM user in CRM will not siable the corrsponding user in AD. > >"Pete" wrote: > &...

how can disable service with bat file
Hi, Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. What service? "Vijay" wrote: > Hi, > > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. > Please tell me, how can i disable service with bat file. That's funny ... weren't we just talking about Permissions? :-) Anyway, the command to control a Windows Service (enable, start, stop, disable, etc) is SC.EXE. Run SC /? at a command prompt to see the syntax. Put the necessary SC command in a batch file, and you are all set. Hope it helps, Andrew -- amclar at ...

Print Preview "Prev Page" but is always disabled
Hello, I have created an MFC application and have added Printing and Print Preview capability. The only problem i have is that the Prev Page button on the Print Preview toolbar is always disabled. The "Two Pages" button and "Next Page" are enabled and work correctly. I am setting the CPrintInfo::SetMaxPage() and CPrintInfo::SetMinPage() and CPrintInfo::m_nCurPage values in OnPreparePrinting() but this doesnt seem to make a difference. Is their anything else that i can try which will enable this button? Thanks Andy ...

Ordering
Hi, I have a report which is based on a table called tblStreetSweeping and has the fields (Date, TicketNo, Type & Weight). Each finacial year runs from April to March, the data in the table ranges from April 2006 to July 2007, in my query I have the formula SortMthNum: Month(DateAdd("m",-3,[Date])) but it just takes in to account the month and not the year, How do i get the data to be sorted in the way it displays it April 2006, May 2006, June 2006, july 2006 all the way thru to july 2007 . In each month I would like the data broken to the actual pick up day i.e Monday, Tuesday,...

Duplicating a record leaving one field blank for editing
Hi - I've seen many different posts regarding duplicating a record - I am able to do this fine, however I do have a need to leave one of the fields (Position.NewLineNo) blank so that the user can fill it in. This field is not a primary key - I have a PositionID field which uses the autonumber feature. Since my VBA skills are not very advanced I'm looking for a solution to leave the field blank. I've included the code that I am using. This code is using a cmd button with the OnClick() event: Private Sub cmdDuplicateRecord_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdDuplicateRecord_Click...

Lousy IO and Blocking
We have one server with horrible IO. Latencies (sec/rd and sec/xfr) can easily run 200-500 msec for an extended period of time. We are getting all kind of weird blocking on the server. By weird I mean that we have SELECT queries that are NOLOCK blocking all kinds of other queries. I have a vague recollection that you can get blocking reported if the waittimes go to high for ANY reason. In other words, you may have a harmless query that is written correctly suddenly showing up as blocking another query just because the server is having to wait forever for an IO response...

POP STATGRP field
Good evening all I've looked in Resources/Tables and I cannot find a listing of the meaning of the various numbers for the STATGRP field found in the POP10100 and POP30100 tables. Does anyone have a full listing please? Thankx Sheila Sheila, According to the SDK: Status Group: Assigned when the status of the purchase order changes and is used to group Purchase Orders by status types to enable ranging on active (New, Open or Modified) or closed (Canceled or Closed ) purchase orders. Values: 1 = POP_ACTIVE 2 = POP_CLOSED Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximu...

Export to Excel
Can anyone give me some help on export records to Excel please. I have a table were each field is 254 chars and I have chopped up some data. I would like to put it back together as I export it to Excel. Like this: part1 part2 part3 part4 etc. Export all into Cell 1 Thanks in advance! Bonnie On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:26:01 -0800, Bon <Bon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Rather than exporting a table, export a query. In this query you concatenate the fields: select part1 & part2 & part3 & part4 as AllParts from myTable -Tom. Microsoft Access...

How do i block or protect final date gantt?? 12-21-09
How do i protect or block this final date from Gantt???? -- PaseEscolar ------------------------------------------------------------------------ PaseEscolar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/166005.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1284687.htm http://forums.techarena.in This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01CA825D.4AD20E10 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi PaseEscolar, Welcome to this Microsoft Project newsgr...

disable macro warning
I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - how do I turn off this warning screen upon entering system when I have no macros in the worksheet? You need to remove the module that contained the macro. Press ALT+F11, go to View > Project Explorer (if needed), right-click on the module(s), and remove it. Save. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I added macro which I then deleted. Every time I enter >system it asks me if I want to disable or enable macros - >how do I turn off this warnin...

Disable sending Email
In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able to send out email untill permitted. Thanks On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 15:01:03 -0800, "SI" <SI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 in an NT Domain, is there a way to disable an user from >sending email? He should be able to open and read his email but not be able >to send out email untill permitted. > >Thanks You can do this on Internet mail by setting the Delivery Restriction on the IMS to deny mail...

sql to update inventory allocation field in IV00102
I am trying to come up with a sql script that will recalculate ATYALLOC field in IV00102. If anyone has it, email it please at jacktundra@hotmail.com ...

SMTP being disabled
HI Exchange 2003 / Server 2003 I'm just having a world of problems with Exchange all of a sudden... It's been up and running about 2 months but all of a sudden it's going nuts... The SMTP service is being stopped and set to disabled. This is happening each morning around 1 AM. The only thing I can find in the event logs is event 7035 - The SMTP service was successfully sent a stop control and then Event 7040 - The start type of SMTP service was changed from auto start to disabled For the life of me, I can't find what is originating these commands.... I thought maybe t...

Automated population of data in form fields
Hi Everyone, One of my client wants to fill in the city and state information automatically based on zip code in forms like account, lead, contact etc. how can I achieve this ? a detail of steps or list of thing to be customized can really help me. another question related to same forms and fields is that how can I convert certain textboxes to combo boxes like state, topic, salutation etc etc ? again steps to achieve this and thing to be customized will really help. Thanks in advance Regards Ashfaq Ali You will need a database holding all zip codes and the associated cities and st...

Disable Cached Mode
Hi all! Is there any way to disable Cached Mode (CM) on Exchange 2003? Sure, I can do it with GPO, but some computers can be out of scope of this GPO and then they will be able to turn on the CM in their Offce 2003. But CM is critical security risk and I have to disable it. At http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010000781033.aspx?Product=out2003 I can read: "Exchange server administrators have the ability to disable this feature in Outlook. For more information, contact your Exchange server administrator. Additional information for administrators is available in the Mi...

Include back ordered items on Pick ticket in 8.0.
A change was made to the printing of the Pick ticket in version 8.0. As part of that change the ability to print a pick ticket including back order items was eliminated. That flexability needs to be put back into the product. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the messag...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

How to select distinct combinations of 2 fields that can be the sa
Hi everyone, I'm working with a table that has origin and destination fields. I'm trying to figure out the amount of flow between 2 locations. For example: amount from CA to NY + amount from NY to CA. While I can get the calculation to work correctly, in my query it returns Origin: NY Dest: CA 1234 Origin: CA Dest: NY 1234 The 1234 is the correct total of the amount going from NY to CA added to the amount going from CA to NY. I'm trying to figure out how to only show one of the two rows. Thanks for any help you can provide. Amy Post the SQL of your query. -- KARL DE...

how to copy acces database field into word document
I' l be very glad if someone could help me to learn, how could i insert the copy of access field into word document. I look for information regarding posibility of diferent way of clasical insert merge fields into document. For example I saw the word document with access fields inserted, but each field was delimited with sqare brackets. Thank you in advance. I would urge you to take a look at http://www.members.shaw.ca/AlbertKallal/msaccess/msaccess.html Specifically the 'Super Easy Word Merge.' about half way down the page. It is relatively simple to implement and works...

Enable/Disable Macro Pop-Up
In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? See Help, macro setting Change macro security settings in Excel juamig wrote: > In the older version of Office when you opened an excel or other office > document that had a macro in it - you would get a pop up and the opportunity > to enable or disable it. Is there a way to get that same pop-up in 2007? > Right, someone else told me the...

Protecting sheet disables Grouping buttons
I am delivering a worksheet to a client, and have protected it. As well as stopping people changing the data, though, it also stops them using the Grouping buttons. How can I enable grouping on a protected sheet? If you already have the outline applied, you can protect the worksheet in code (auto_open/workbook_open??). Option Explicit Sub auto_open() With Worksheets("sheet1") .Protect Password:="hi", userinterfaceonly:=True .EnableOutlining = True .EnableAutoFilter = True End With End Sub (I wasn't sure what caused your outlining--...

how to change the default existing contacts order in outlook 2007
Dear All, I would like to change the default order of the existing contacts in my outlook 2007. last/first -> first/last i only can change the new contact but not the existing thx alot "er" <er@er.com> wrote in message news:A31C5C69-3A90-4B5A-AC98-C98151C57870@microsoft.com... > I would like to change the default order of the existing contacts in my > outlook 2007. > last/first -> first/last You need a thrid-party tool or you need to write your own code to do it. See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts_entry.asp -- Brian...

Disable Trended Deposits
Does anyone know how to turn off trended deposits (forecasted) feature? If you press the customize option on the left hand side, you can change it to show budget entries instead of trends -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://register.microsoft.com/mswish/suggestion.asp or http://www.microsoft.com/uk/support/money/feedback especially if it's a UK specific wish. I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money <a...

Attachements Blocked
How do I disable the block of attachments in Outlook 2003? Check this page: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and replies here in the newsgroup. Mahalo! "Aneta" <achrostowski@comreginc.com> wrote in message news:038d01c3a30f$152f8aa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How do I disable the block of attachments in Outlook 2003? Thank you. I found a freeware that took care of it. Aneta >-...

Disable username, password and domain prompt
Greetings... I currently have a network with computers running Windows 2000 with Outlook 2000 SR-1 and am in the process of upgrading the computers to Windows XP with Outlook 2002 SP3. One of my users has an issue where he has to type in his username, password, and the domain every time he opens up Outlook on the Windows XP machines, but never on the Windows 2000 machines. The option to uncheck the "Always prompt for username and password" box is not found on either version of Outlook, and he is set up for NT password authentication in his Outlook settings. Is there something else...