Different version error using vista

I am getting the following error:

"A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database
version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is
resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in
resolving this issue."

I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke
to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed
great but now I am getting this error.
0
Andre9488 (80)

I had the same thing.  You should be able to find the log file, however.

Another approach is to go to a workstation that is running and get the SET
files.  Compare them to the set files on your Vista machine.  Look for
missing applications in the set file on the Vista machine.

You might also copy the entire working Dynamics GP folder from one machine
to the Dynamics GP folder created on the Vista machine during installation.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Andre" wrote:

> I am getting the following error:
>
> "A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database
> version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is
> resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in
> resolving this issue."
>
> I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke
> to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed
> great but now I am getting this error.
0
info4071 (3004)
5/28/2007 10:43:02 PM
Ya that was the first thing I tried and It's giving me the same problem. I am
copying it from an XP machine to a VISTA machine, that may be an issue. That
log file is proving to be illusive.

Are the SET files in the dynamics dir under program files?

"Richard L. Whaley" wrote:

> I had the same thing.  You should be able to find the log file, however.
>
> Another approach is to go to a workstation that is running and get the SET
> files.  Compare them to the set files on your Vista machine.  Look for
> missing applications in the set file on the Vista machine.
>
> You might also copy the entire working Dynamics GP folder from one machine
> to the Dynamics GP folder created on the Vista machine during installation.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users

> http://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "Andre" wrote:
>
> > I am getting the following error:
> >
> > "A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database
> > version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is
> > resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in
> > resolving this issue."
> >
> > I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke
> > to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed
> > great but now I am getting this error.
0
Andre9488 (80)
5/28/2007 10:57:01 PM
Hi Andre

The Temp folder you need to get to on Vista would be:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp

You might need to ask the folder options to show hidden files before you can
see it.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Andre" wrote:

> Ya that was the first thing I tried and It's giving me the same problem. I am
> copying it from an XP machine to a VISTA machine, that may be an issue. That
> log file is proving to be illusive.
>
> Are the SET files in the dynamics dir under program files?
>
> "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
>
> > I had the same thing.  You should be able to find the log file, however.
> >
> > Another approach is to go to a workstation that is running and get the SET
> > files.  Compare them to the set files on your Vista machine.  Look for
> > missing applications in the set file on the Vista machine.
> >
> > You might also copy the entire working Dynamics GP folder from one machine
> > to the Dynamics GP folder created on the Vista machine during installation.
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > http://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "Andre" wrote:
> >
> > > I am getting the following error:
> > >
> > > "A prodauct on your computer is on a different version than the database
> > > version. You will not be able to use the application until this issue is
> > > resolved. Use the GP_LoginErrors.log file in your temp directory to assist in
> > > resolving this issue."
> > >
> > > I tried to look for this log on the local but am unable to find it. I spoke
> > > to a rep from Dynamics and the said it is compatible with VISTA. it installed
> > > great but now I am getting this error.
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
5/29/2007 1:09:00 AM
thanks I found it. here is what I am seeing in the log I can't make sense of
it.

Product Name: Microsoft Dynamics GP     Database Version: 90291     Client
Version: 90114
Product Name: Advanced Security     Database Version: 90276     Client
Version: 90114
Product Name: Cash Flow Management     Database Version: 90276     Client
Version: 90114
Product Name: SmartList     Database Version: 90276     Client Version: 90114
Product Name: Purchase Order Enhancements     Database Version: 90282
Client Version: 90114
Product Name: CopierSeries     Database Version: 90276     Client Version:
90114
Product Name: Report Scheduler     Database Version: 90276     Client
Version: 90114
Product Name: FieldService     Database Version: 90282     Client Version:
90114
Product Name: Excel-Based Budgeting     Database Version: 90276     Client
Version: 90114

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi Andre
>
> The Temp folder you need to get to on Vista would be:
>
> C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp
>
> You might need to ask the folder options to show hidden files before you can
> see it.
>
> David Musgrave [MSFT]
> Senior Development Consultant
> Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
>
> Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
>
> mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
>
> Any views contained within are my personal views and
> not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> and confers no rights.
>

> "Andre" wrote:
>
> > Ya that was the first thing I tried and It's giving me the same problem. I am
> > copying it from an XP machine to a VISTA machine, that may be an issue. That
> > log file is proving to be illusive.
> >
> > Are the SET files in the dynamics dir under program files?
> >
> > "Richard L. Whaley" wrote:
> >
> > > I had the same thing.  You should be able to find the log file, however.
> > >
> > > Another approach is to go to a workstation that is running and get the SET
> > > files.  Compare them to the set files on your Vista machine.  Look for
> > > missing applications in the set file on the Vista machine.
> > >
> > > You might also copy the entire working Dynamics GP folder from one machine
> > > to the Dynamics GP folder created on the Vista machine during installation.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Richard L. Whaley
> > > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > > Documentation for Software Users
> > >
> > > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at
> > > http://www.AccoladePublications.com

0
Andre9488 (80)
5/29/2007 6:36:01 PM
Hi Andre

It looks like the client you are trying to use has not have the Service Pack
& hotfix loaded.  The dictionaries are definately not the same versions.

Look at this page for the build numbers.

https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/servicepacks/MDGP90MSPVersionList.htm

Hotfix 929445: is build 9.00.0291

"Andre" wrote:

> [...]
> > see it.
> >
> > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > Senior Development Consultant
> > Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> >
> > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> >
> > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> >
> > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,
> > and confers no rights.
> >

> > "Andre" wrote:
> >
> > > Ya that was the first thing I tried and It's giving me the same problem. I am
> > > copying it from an XP machine to a VISTA machine, that may be an issue. That
> > > log file is proving to be illusive.
> > >
> > > Are the SET files in the dynamics dir under program files?

5/30/2007 1:24:01 AM
Thanks David:

        I did try to go the link but for some reason it won't validate my
e-mail addy. Is there another way to get there?

"David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:

> [...]
> > 90114
> > Product Name: Excel-Based Budgeting     Database Version: 90276     Client
> > Version: 90114
> >
> > "David Musgrave [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Andre
> > >
> > > The Temp folder you need to get to on Vista would be:
> > >
> > > C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\Temp
> > >
> > > You might need to ask the folder options to show hidden files before you can
> > > see it.
> > >
> > > David Musgrave [MSFT]
> > > Senior Development Consultant
> > > Escalation Engineer - Great Plains
> > > Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
> > >
> > > Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
> > >
> > > mailto:David.Musgrave@online.microsoft.com
> > >
> > > Any views contained within are my personal views and
> > > not necessarily Microsoft Business Solutions policy.
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties,

Using 2 or consolidate in 1 mailbox server
Currently I have roughly 2,700 mailboxes. About 1,350 distributed onto two Exch 2000 mailbox servers, 2 CPU. Would it be a good idea consolidate this on 4 Proc, single Exch 2003 Server ? Estimated growth is roughly 15% of mailbox for the next three years. If I go with one single mailbox, I think I could save money and use the hardware to buy an identical server to do cluster. ...

Pulling data daily from a differently named report everyday
Hello, I have a spreadsheet where I use formulas to pull data from multiple reports on a shared server everyday. What I do is to save those reports under a certain name everyday since the formulas have to have the static report name in them to pull data. (For example, A1 may pull data from c:\reportfolder\reportA, B1 may pull from c: \reportfolder2\reportB, etc). In these report folders our IT group runs a new report in it everyday but of course they change the name of the report every day (to reflect the date) . . so in the reportfolder there will be "reportA-3-12-2009", and "...

Different margins on different pages
I am setting up a template for letters at work. The first page of our letterhead has one ste of margins and all subsequent pages will have a different sent of margins. I know that section breaks can be used, but if staff copy and paste text from existing letters into this new template, the section break moves. Is there any way of locking the section break to the page? so the pasted text goes over the top of it? Hi Lilly80, You could setup your document with a 'different first page' layout. That allows the first page to have a different set of margins to the rest o...

Different values for error bars in series
In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my bar chart. Hi, See Jon's blog on the subject. http://peltiertech.com/WordPress/error-bars-in-excel-2007/#comments Cheers Andy On 06/04/2010 15:52, wdwind1 wrote: > In Excel 2007, how do you put in different error bar values for each data > point in a series? So far I am only able to put in one value for all in my > bar chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Using banner paper Publisher 2002
Can you use banner paper in Publisher 2002? I am fairly new to the app and I have searched high and low and can't seem to figure out if I can use it and if so how? Any thougths? After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Tracy Buthe <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Can you use banner paper in Publisher 2002? I am fairly > new to the app and I have searched high and low and can't > seem to figure out if I can use it and if so how? What size banner paper are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvp...

startup error msg
I am receiving error messages at startup: - Cannot find D:\CDsetup.exe - Could not lad or fun D:\CDsetup.exe The file does not show in a system search but does show in the registry at: File Name: CDSETUP.EXT File Path: D\CDSETUP.EXE Startup Type: Registry: Current User Location: SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Window NT\CurrentVersion\Sindow\Load Classification: Not yet classfied I have Windows XP on the computer and have never had Window NT on the computer. I attempted to connect an old ScanPort scanner a few weeks ago using the driver disc with the scanner and the error message...

Can't save Excel using Save button,
When I try to save an Excel spreadsheet, I get a message saying "GWXL97.xla could not be found. Check spelling of file name and verify that the file location is correct." I have never named any of files by that name and don't know what it refers to. I have to hit the "X" button on the upper right hand corner and wait for it to ask me if I want to save it, then go through the save process. This happens even if I try to save changes to an existing excel document This may help... xl: close button is dimmed after groupwise is installed http://support.microsoft.com...

A Different CRM for GP
Hello, We are pondering the idea of implementing MS Dynamics CRM. However, I am curious whether anyone else has had success in integrating a different CRM product with GP 10.0. It's not that we don't like the MS product; I just like to ensure I have covered all bases. Our partner does not have any other recommendations as they have not worked with any other CRM applications. Any information would be greatly apprecaited. Thank you, -- Jessie GoldMine is a good product, very mature, and easier to maintain table structures. There are links to GP but I cannot remember the fir...

Creating files for all versions
Depending upon the PC I am using at my church and home, I use different versions of Pub--Pub 97, 2000, and 2002. If I want to create a file that I can use with all these versions, how do I do that? For example, I see on Brian's website that there are templates/files that can be used on several versions, i.e., a resume file, family tree, etc. In what version were those files created and saved? -- "Decisions can take you out of God's will, but never out of His reach." Gladys, You would only be able to use Microsoft Publisher 97 to save the files in order for all ...

Windows 7 Upgrade from XP Pro IE 8 Certificate Errors
My PC was recently upgraded from XP Pro to Windows 7 Pro. I had IE 8 before on XP, but now I am getting certificate errors for many of the sites that I regularly visit including our companies own intranet site, google mail, several financial institutions websites, etc. I know these sites are safe, but I cannot figure out what the upgrade process has done to my system to cause me to get these certificate errors. I have spent much time googling, and tried many different IE setttings, double checked the date time setting on my machine etc. all to no avail. PLEASE HELP!!! Below ...

COUNTIF formula Using 2 or more cells
Hi, I am just exploring more with Excel. I am going to paste the table in and explain what I am trying to acheive. A B 1 31/04/2010 (month of reporting, Displayed as April, 2010) 2 3 12/04/2010 Vocational Assessment 4 15/03/2010 Vocational Assessment 5 01/04/2010 Vocational Re-Education I am trying to Count how many Vocational Assessment have the Date in the month of April. Does anyone know the best formula to use. I have used =SUMPRODUCT((A3:A5="31/03/2010")*(B3:B4="Vocational Assessment...

2 users access calendar online with different rights
hi user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in calendar online http://www.exchangedomain.ch/usersname/kalender/ user B is able to see, but not to add or edit entries at the moment in outlook itself its working. user B can open the folder calendar of user A and make entries and change entries what have to be done that this is possible also with web access exchange ? thankx mike schwarz On Thu, 26 Oct 2006 14:09:29 +0200, "Mike Schwarz" <ctek@ctek.ch> wrote: >hi > >user A wants to give user B permission to see, add and edit entries in &...

Same column, different cell width at different row
I have tried inserting a break and split, didn't work. I just want to separate the top half of a page with the bottom half so I can apply different cell width on the same column. Or how would I be able to do this? Same column but different cell width. Thanks! Glenn You can't do that. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Glenn Chung" <GlennChung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20746997-9D99-4684-A352-120370D27036@microsoft.com... >I have tried inserting a break and split, di...

Fixed Assets
When using the Fixed Asset module, I am finding some small differences when compared to the Depreciation calculated by the External Accountants for tax purposes. Client would like to match exactly to the amounts calculated by external accounts. What is the best way to fix this issue? thanks, -- Patti Need more info Patti. What are the depreciation methods/settings that are creating the differences? Does this occur on every asset or just some? Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT, MVP East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com get your gptip42today at www.gp2themax.blogs...

Windows Mail/Comcast Error Message
The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E I've been timing out for months and since I primarily use my Crackberry, I haven't been too concerned. Now, I'm annoyed and needing incoming and outgoing emails on my computer more often than once every 10 times I open or synchronize. What's the deal? OK, It's my Antivirus software (Webroot). Is it safe to forego the email attachments shield? This must ...

Dates Difference
Hi, I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how do i get that in vc++? I have used the DateDiff function in asp but couldn't find anything like that. Also, how can i convert string to a date? thanks in advance karan >I need to get the difference between 2 dates (in number of days), how >do i get that in vc++? Karan, Convert (if the dates aren't already in this format) the dates/times to FILETIME and subtract the values. >Also, how can i convert string to a date? Try COleDateTime::ParseDateTime or VarDateFromStr. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://ww...

How to use CTreeView with an external file.
I'd like to read in an external file and parse the records then put the pieces into a treeview. I can parse the records if I use a console application, just not how to get the pieces into the CTreeView. I guess you could say I'm having difficulty getting over the MFC GUI learning hurdle, since I can handle simple OO and procedural stuff. Can anyone explain how to do this with VC++ 6.0 and MFC in a simple way (and tell me where to put the pieces in the doc/view architecture? TIA. You would typically have your data in the document. You can read the records in your document's O...

Compile error #2
Hi all I've received a worksheet from a colleague, when trying to run a macro, I get a compile error - 'Cannot find project or library' Code stops at --- hilltest = LCase(hilltest) with LCase highlighted. Can anyone explain the problem? Code below --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub NameSearch(xtest) Dim myName As String Dim i As Integer, idb As Integer, myrow As Integer Dim hilltest As String 'Dim xtest As Integer idb = 3688 myName = Application.InputBox("Choose a Hill: You can use * as a wildcard", Type:=2 + ...

5.7.0 SMTP Access Denied error
Someone is trying to send legit email to my domain and they keep recieving the following message in an NDR.... The recipient could not be processed because it would violate the security policy in force <good.sswpc.com #5.7.0 smtp;550 5.7.0 Access Denied> Good.sswpc.com is our smart host. This is GFI spam filter. They say that thier program is not generating this message. The sending domain is in our whitelist and not in one of our Blacklists and thier domain is not in a SPAM blacklist. Any ideas?? Thanks. TLMPLHou66 <tmarshall@placorp.com> wrote: >Someone is trying to s...

WEIRD DevErrors=On (CRM is fine) but DevErrors=Off produces errors
This is the strangest thing I've ever come across in CRM ... If we have DevErrors on in web.config, CRM works fine. If we have DevErrors off, we actually get errors! The errors are "unspecified error" and happen randomly in all areas of CRM. It's actually reproducable too. Has anyone heard of this? What would they have to do with each other I wonder? Note, we use turbotool to turn these on and off, with off (or rather null) being the default for this value within this tool. Thanks ...

Want to display value and difference on one chart
I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 in a different color. On Wed, 6 Aug 2008, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, JMH <JMH@discussions.microsoft.com> said: >I am trying to create a chart that displays x and 10-x on the same chart. I >want the chart to show a meaured value and the difference of that value to 10 >in a different color. Use your spreadsheet to calculate the values, then use the chart to graph them. Never try to use a chart for calculation. ...

Integration Manager error #8
When trying to import invoices into Great Plains using Integration Manager, Integration Manager seems to freeze without showing any progress on the procesing. The log file shows 2 errors: 1. "Out of memory: 'PressDialogButton" 2. "Out of stack space" Thanks for your help! Florentin If you are talking AP Invoices, this happens sometimes to us if there are a number of invoice numbers that already exist in the GP system. Since GP does not allow duplicate invoices, it runs into problems. Sometimes, IM cooperates and shows just an error and continues to import the o...

Error on opening file from taskbar
I am using Excel 2007 with Windows 7 on a ThinkPad X61. When I right-click the Excel icon on the TaskBar, and then click on any spreadsheet shown in the list I get the message "There was a problem sending the command to the program." The same error happens if I click on the same file from a folder view although I can easily open it via the Excel menus. As I really like this feature of Windows 7, it's a real annoyance. -- Richard I Morris Jr I'm not sure if this will help you at all, but I suppose it's worth a try: In Excel 2007, click the Office Button ...

OWA Error #10
I have a new install of SBS 2003. I can open OWA on remote computers, but I cannot load any mail from any folder. The error loading the page states that there is an invalid procedure call or argument. I'm sure this is a common error, but the KB does not find anything on it. HELP!!! Thanks, Stu ...

interoperation using COM from .NET with OptionalParameter
Hi! I have this simple main Console program. If I use row marked with 2 below it work but if I use row marked 1 I get runtime exception saying COMException was undandled. Exception HRESULT: OptionalParameter. The reason for this it that I can't send null as parameter value to a COM function. I mean normally it would be perfectly legal to send null values instead of a real object so why is it not valid in this case ? class Program { private static Object OptionalParameter = Type.Missing; static void Main(string[] args) { Application newExcelApp = new ...