Dexterity Scrolling window Lookup button problem!

Hi,
I am creating a new window with a scrolling window.
There are four fields in the scrolling window. 'From Item No:'  , 'U Of M',
Qty and 'To Item Number'.  The 'From Item No:' and ' To Item No:' fields have
lookup buttons linked.
PROBLEM FACED:
I have two lookups one for 'From Item No:' and one for 'To Item No:'. I am
using 2 different local fields  in the scrolling window to store the value
returned by lookup buttons.
 When the user selects a 'from item no:' using lookup button. It fills the
From Item No: in scrolling window with the one selected.Also  he is able to
enter U of M and QTY in same line.  But once he clicks on the second lookup
button to select the 'To Item No:', it fills the 'To item no: field' in
scrolling window but it changes the  selected 'From item Number' U of M , Qty
fields  in the same line to blank. Why is this happening?

That is , Why is it changing the other fields in the same line to blank ,
when i select a value from the second lookup button? I am using different
fields for 'From Item Number' and 'To Item Number',  and also linked it to
diffrerent lookup buttons?

I am having this problem when i use two lookup buttons in scrolling window.
I set created a scrolling window as Adds allowed. Is it something to do with
the linked table?

Also my menu items Insert row, delete row are deactivated . How can they be
activated?

Thanks
swetha
--
swetha
--

Swetha,

You have to change your approach as this is anti-Dexterity development best
practices. In principle, what's happening to you is that the lookup window is
not returning the focus to the field on the scrolling window line, which is
causing the field to go blank.

1) Put 2 lookup buttons outside of your scrolling window (Lookup Button 1
and Lookup Button 2, for example) on the main window, next to the header
columns for From Item and To Item respectively. Take a look at the Invoice
Entry form in GP (Transactions > Sales > Invoicing) for how the layout would
work.

2) Put 2 lookup buttons (Lookup Button 3 and Lookup Button 4, for example)
inside of your scrolling window beneath the Big Line Item area (if you have
one) or beneath the Small Line area if this is all you have. Of course, these
will not show up in the lookup.

3) Link Lookup Button 3 to the From Item field in the scrolling window
4) Link Lookup Button 4 to the To Item field in the scrolling window

5) Add the following code to Lookup Button 3

run script field 'Lookup Button 1' of window 'The Main Window'; {this is the
outer window containing your scrolling window}

6) Add the following code to Lookup Button 4

run script field 'Lookup Button 2' of window 'The Main Window'; {this is the
name of the window containing your scrolling window}

7) Close your scrolling window and add the following code for Lookup Button 1

open form 'Your Lookup Form' return to 'From Item' of window your_scroll;

8) Add similar code for Lookup Button 2 pointing to your 'To Item' field

open form 'Your Lookup Form' return to 'To Item' of window your_scroll;

Please refer to the Dexterity Programmer's Guide volume 1 and 2 for the
proper techniques.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"SKR" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am creating a new window with a scrolling window.
> There are four fields in the scrolling window. 'From Item No:'  , 'U Of M',
> Qty and 'To Item Number'.  The 'From Item No:' and ' To Item No:' fields have
> lookup buttons linked.
> PROBLEM FACED:
> I have two lookups one for 'From Item No:' and one for 'To Item No:'. I am
> using 2 different local fields  in the scrolling window to store the value
> returned by lookup buttons.
>  When the user selects a 'from item no:' using lookup button. It fills the
> From Item No: in scrolling window with the one selected.Also  he is able to
> enter U of M and QTY in same line.  But once he clicks on the second lookup
> button to select the 'To Item No:', it fills the 'To item no: field' in
> scrolling window but it changes the  selected 'From item Number' U of M , Qty
> fields  in the same line to blank. Why is this happening?
>
> That is , Why is it changing the other fields in the same line to blank ,
> when i select a value from the second lookup button? I am using different
> fields for 'From Item Number' and 'To Item Number',  and also linked it to
> diffrerent lookup buttons?
>
> I am having this problem when i use two lookup buttons in scrolling window.
> I set created a scrolling window as Adds allowed. Is it something to do with
> the linked table?
>
> Also my menu items Insert row, delete row are deactivated . How can they be
> activated?
>
> Thanks
> swetha
> --
> swetha
> --
> swetha
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Windows 7 WLM Calendar
I would prefer my week to start with Sunday rather than Monday. Can I change this without creating new problems? Easy to follow answer please, Ha Ha One can change the start day(Sat, Sun, Mon) when viewing the Calendar in the web UI(Calendar.live.com) http://calendar.live.com/calendar/options.aspx If referring to the calendar in WLM(mine starts on Sunday) - there is no option in WLM to modify the start day(Build 15, beta) Are you in the U.S. ? (different locales have differnt calendar start days based on Windows regional settings) Support for Windows Live Calendar can be ...

Take a look at critical pack for Microsoft Windows
--fmjvrtegd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pgkkzaduq"; type="multipart/alternative" --pgkkzaduq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rjzqdxybvq" --rjzqdxybvq Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your computer from t...

Outlook-Inbox problem
Hi In my organization i m having Exch 2k3 server.One of the user having outlook 2003, when opens it outlook or access mails thro OWA he got his Inbox renamed with ????? marks. We can not rename it back to "INBOX". How we can solve this problem. Please help... Cheers Start Outlook by Start-> Run; "path to outlook.exe" /resetfoldernames -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Taj" <taj_ksa@yahoo.com> wrote in mess...

Scroll bar
I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser who is unfamilier with my appliaction that there is no further text below the visable. Is there a way of making the verticle scroll bars appear all the time? RitchieJHicks wrote: > I have a memo field with a lot of text in for each record. > > At the moment, unless the user has clicked on the memo field, the > scroll bars to do show. This could sometimes suggest to an end ser > who is ...

Sample button bar code crashes VB6
Folks I've been wanting to add a button bar/tool bar/whatever you call it to my utility to jazz up the interface. Yeah, I know it's eye candy but hey... So I found this neat sample code which works great in the IDE. http://www.pscode.com/vb/scripts/ShowCode.asp?txtCodeId=71482&lngWId=1 I commissioned a set of bmp files fram a graphics person and was happily inserting them into my program. All works quite nicely in the VB6 IDE. Then I compiled it and it immediately crashes an dbrings up the VS2006 debugger. So I downloaded a fresh copy and compiled just the sam...

Formula Problem
I am trying to create a scheduling formula which alerts me if there are scheduling conflicts. I have 4 different dates which a 5th date cannot match. In addition, it cannot conflict with the 4th date and including 35 days prior. For example: B2 = Inventory Date (cannot conflict with this date and 35 days prior) C2 = Reset 1 Date - (cannot match this date) D2 = Reset 2 Date - (cannot match this date) E2 = Reset 3 Date - (cannot match this date). The formula I have is: =IF(F2="","",IF(F2=C2,"Reset 1 Conflict",IF(F2=D2,"Reset 2 Conflict",IF(F2=E2,"...

Exchange 2003 problems #5
We have an exchange 2003 network setup on a domain. Prior to today we were using the OWA feature to allow users to access their mailboxes. We switched over to outlook and now we got tons of problems. I'll try to describe this as best as possible... Users log onto the domain with their username and password. Logs on perfectly. Fire up outlook and it goes in perfectly fine. Close outlook and reopen it.... here's where the fun begins, the user cannot logon to their e-mail accounts unless they reboot/log off the domain and log back on. Then it works fine. Is this a configuration setting o...

Lead Window
Hi, One thing our users are finding annoying with MS CRM is that when they open lead records the window for the record is partly off the screen. This means that they have to drag the lead record window into the centre of the screen on every occasion. Is there any setting that can be changed so that records open in the centre of the screen on every occasion???? Thanks Lee Lee, I can repro this problem by running the web client on an 800 X 600 resolution screen. The problem goes away when you switch to a higher resolution. Edwin Garst www.epconsystems.com "Lee" <l.hargrave@...

Crosstab Lookup
Thank you for looking at my question, I have created a crosstab query with a date row. I would like to make a “between” statement in the criteria but every time I run it it tells me “The Microsoft Jet database engine does not recognize ‘[Enter Start Date]’ as a valid field name or expression”. Is there a way to make it take the date range? My criteria statement in the [Date] row is: “Between [Enter Start Date] And [Enter End Date]” Please no VB answers, I don’t understand code. Thanks in advance, Cage In a crosstab query you must define you paramenters. Open in design view and cli...

What is dexterity?
I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2000. What is dexterity, what does it do? Anyone got a short but accurate answer? -- Bruce Elniski IT Manager The DoorStore of Alberta Bruce, It is the original Great Plains development environment. Read C+ (that's a + less than C++ and also not quite object orientated (by a long way)). Orginally built by Great Plains Software as a cross platform (Windows and Mac) development platform, it is the what the Great Plains core modules are devloped in. Cheers. R. "Bruce Elniski" wrote: > I know that great plains runs on MS SQL 2...

Calander Problem
Hi If I want to invite others to a meeting I get "no information". Pls help? Than'x Shay This is a free/busy information absence issue. I think it may require additional information to t-shoot the problem, for example, did all users have the problem or only you have the problem? can anybody else see the user free/busy information? can other people see your free/busy information; As a direction, if the problem is a client side you can use "outlook /cleanfreebusy" or similar switch to re-publish the free/busy info to the server; if it is a server side problem, yo...

MS 'Open Sourced' Windows Template Libray
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_1BDE_01C43EA4.A29B6C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Download links: http://wtl.50megs.com/wtl.htm =20 Click Here =20 =20 ------=_NextPart_000_1BDE_01C43EA4.A29B6C70 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD&...

Creating a Sibling Window (to the View Window) with AppWizard
I am using Visual C++ 6.0 on Windows XP. Using AppWizard I have a window for the view class and would like to create a sibling window (that moves around in the same client area of the main window) from that class. I try the following void CMyWinView::OnSiblingCreate() { CWnd* pMain=AfxGetApp()->m_pMainWnd; CRMAWinDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); char csTitleBarText[128]; DWORD dwStyle=GetStyle(); DWORD dwExStyle=GetExStyle(); RECT rClientRect={0, 0, dwColumns, dwRows}; CSiblingWin* pWnd = new CSiblingWin; CString clsname = AfxRegisterWndClass(0); HWND hNewWindow; CWnd* cwNewWindow; ...

Pivot Table Problem
I am working in an excel spreadsheet which another person created a pivot table in. I have to do a lot of cutting and pasting into another report. When I scroll my mouse over any cell in the sheet with data in it a bluebox appears with the information in that in cell. How do I turn that off? It is very annoying as it causes a delay in my trying to copy that cell. Hi, While in the pivot table choose PivotTable Tools, Options, Options, Display and turn off Show contextual tooltips. Cheers, Shane -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire ...

Windows mail signature
I've made a windows mail signatue in vista with a logo. How do I get the logo to stay when I use my signature? The text comes of perfectly although the outline box of the logo is there but no pic! Thanks Maybe posting this to the experts over at the Windows Mail newsgroup will get you a proper answer On the web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "bew_...

Dexterity Runtime error: Unable to open DEX.DIC
Dynamics GP 10 Adv. SP2 is installed and work's well all the time. Now I get this error when launching Dynamics on the server. All clients are working without any problem. I cannot find a KB article. Any suggestios how to solve this issue?? Thanks -- Toni Toni, Couple of things: 1) Your DEX.DIC has been removed from the Dynamics GP installation path, or 2) Your DEX.DIC is marked as read only There may be other reasons, but we sure can start here. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP B...

Weird problem
I am using SHGetSpecialFolder with CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES to get an install directory. On my Win2000 system, this works fine. On my Win98 system, it fails with an "invalid argument" error. I tried setting up a loop and calling with a range of values. All appropriate values worked correctly except 0x0026 (CSIDL_PROGRAM_FILES). Any ideas? -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Free software - Baxter Codeworks www.baxcode.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------- "Baxter" <baxter.spamblock@ba...

sa problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00D7_01C4846D.1FDEE6E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable this error just started this morning; has come up maybe 10 times so far. = already been through kb (279742, 300114) and it doesn't apply; nothing = on the network has changed Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: RFR Interface=20 Event ID: 9074 Date: 8/17/2004 Time: 2:20:08 PM User: N/A Computer: Description: The Directory Service Referral interface failed to service a clie...

number/bullet list style scheme problem from Word 2003 to Word 200
I have a Word 2003 template with build-in and customized styles included paragraph, character, linked style, list/outline style and some macros. The template works well in 2003 to create a document with all the customized styles shown. However, when the template opens in Word 2007, (right click on the .dot file), I have one pop up message that Word detects errors in the file and able to repair with a list of numbered styles. However, I lost my entire customized numbered and bullets list scheme. In 2007, when I use my mouse hover the style pane on these specific numbered or bul...

Problems getting outlook 2002 to work with migrated Exchange 2007 (from 2003)
Hi there, I'm having a problem getting Outlook 2002 to work with a new Exchange 2007 server I've just migrated my users to from Exchange 2003 (SBS).. the damn thing keeps hanging on with a grip of iron to the old server!! My situation history (much simplified) is thus... Original situation: ------------------- 1 SBS 2003 server SBS1 with Exchange 2003 and SQL 2000 installed, 1 Terminal Server TS1. User's login to TS1 through Citrix and have access to Office 2002 using Exchange 2003 as their mail server. Current situation: ------------------ Ran SBS Transition Pack 2003 on ...

Rounding in Dexterity
Hi, I am trying to use the round function in Dexterity which has the syntax round(field,side,expression{,mode}). I see that GP does the rounding such that 12.119 >> 12.12 12.111 >> 12.11 What option should I use for the "mode" in round function to get these results? Regards, Sup You'll note that "mode" is optional but for the different methods that it'll round the help file does give complete examples. For your example regular "rounding" is what you need. Just set the "expression" to 2 so it rounds at 2 decimals. Done. patri...

Windows Live wont open
When i try to access my windows live account, internet explorer tries to open the secure site but fails and tries to open it over and over again. i have optimized my internt explorer and updated it and deleted all browsing files to try to fix this. This problem does not occur on my windows xp internet explorer lap top at work. this occurs on my windows vista internet explorer 7 and 8 lap top at home. I did have trial version of norton antivirus which expired (i uninstalled this) and i am now trialing bullguard antivirus (this was a recommendation from computer store) ...

Scroll Area
How do I set 2 scroll areas in excel sheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com You can't. You can simulate it by using the Worksheet_SelectionChange() event to intercept selections outside the areas and return the selection to your areas. Assume the two areas are A1:J10 and A21:J30. Put this in the Worksheet code module (right click on the worksheet tab and choose View Code): Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Static rOldSelection As Range Static rScrollArea1 As Range Static rScrollArea2 As Range ...

Problem CRM over Cisco VPN
Has anyone used Cisco's (3005) WebVPPN with MBS CRM. Other Apops work fie put CRM wont. Errors with Method Not Allowed, or Not Authorized even before a long in prompt. ...

Resize Properties window
Too many of the dialog boxes do no allow resizing and many of the entries are to large to view. For instance, in the file properties window, when I start typing in the "Start in:" box, the list that is displayed is useless because all the entries look the same. Hover over does not work on this box. Is there some reason why these windows can't be re-sized? ...